So what happened to Gamerfinger?

2»

Comments

  • LaughingFoxxLaughingFoxx Joined: Posts: 14
    Can anyone help me with the screw in HBFS buttons, I cant screw them in all the way, it's really tough. Is there a tutorial or something?
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    I assume they're only meant to be screwed in if you're using a panel that's too thick for the tabs.
  • LaughingFoxxLaughingFoxx Joined: Posts: 14
    I'm using a TES+, I think the holes are just pretty big..
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865
    He means thick panel, not large holes.
    Is the button in properly and doesn't wobble or feel loose? If so then you don't need the nut to screw in with these new buttons.
  • LaughingFoxxLaughingFoxx Joined: Posts: 14
    The button is in all the way, but it wobbles and feels loose sadly.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865
    If you can post some pics of your issue that might help.
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    Got my buttons and decided the test if they will work with Sanwa and Seimitsu nuts. It turns out the threads on the Gamerfinger buttons are larger so the nuts actually aren't interchangeable.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,558
    Got my buttons and decided the test if they will work with Sanwa and Seimitsu nuts. It turns out the threads on the Gamerfinger buttons are larger so the nuts actually aren't interchangeable.

    That's a shame. Those nuts better be durable then. Or gamerfinger should sell them seperately.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    Why they couldn't just use something standard and already on the market...
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    On the other hand, what about Crown nuts? Considering Crown already did the silly tabs with threads idea...
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    Got my buttons and decided the test if they will work with Sanwa and Seimitsu nuts. It turns out the threads on the Gamerfinger buttons are larger so the nuts actually aren't interchangeable.

    Do you know if it's a standardized thread of some kind?
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • ClandestineClandestine Patiently waiting for CvS3 Joined: Posts: 522
    Rufus wrote: »
    Got my buttons and decided the test if they will work with Sanwa and Seimitsu nuts. It turns out the threads on the Gamerfinger buttons are larger so the nuts actually aren't interchangeable.

    Do you know if it's a standardized thread of some kind?

    I dont know. No other buttons to try them with either
  • syntax_xsyntax_x Joined: Posts: 31
    I'm a little confused as to whats happened here. I try to keep an eye on the guys at Gamerfinger and was waiting for something new to come up. My guess is they did a small run of G3 sold only on focus?? That I missed :(

    In that time I found the OBS-MX, and I hate them. too many variables to the design, such as the preload on the mx switch from the button caps tabs. Also they can grab/stick down and the greens don't even work properly.
    If you don't glue the whole thing into the Sanwa shell expect a springy feel as the pcb jumps around.

    That said got a heap of brand new OBS-MX to swap for some gamerfingers :)
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,865
    Focusattack contacted them months ago, no answer. That's about as much as we all know what happened to them.
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    syntax_x wrote: »
    In that time I found the OBS-MX, and I hate them. too many variables to the design, such as the preload on the mx switch from the button caps tabs. Also they can grab/stick down and the greens don't even work properly.
    If you don't glue the whole thing into the Sanwa shell expect a springy feel as the pcb jumps around.

    That said got a heap of brand new OBS-MX to swap for some gamerfingers :)

    Can you elaborate on the greens not working proper? I've also never had the PCBs jump around and never had to glue them in. I also know people locally who have them and don't have those issues, either. The pre-load is what keeps them hair trigger fast and if they weren't like that, you'd have a lot more engage distance and over all, a slower button which isn't ideal in any sort of twitch gaming.
  • toddler316toddler316 Drunk Shit Hustler Joined: Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can anyone help me with the screw in HBFS buttons, I cant screw them in all the way, it's really tough. Is there a tutorial or something?

    There is a tool you might want to invest in, made my life a lot easier.

    https://paradisearcadeshop.com/button-stuff/380-button-wrench-for-led-buttons.html

    Does anyone by chance know where to get replacement silencers for the gamerfinger buttons?
    Russell Crowe: This is Tianamen Square. Lots of good fightin' has gone on here throughout the years.These China men can grow to over five feet tall, and in a fight, are known to kick with their legs.

    As the infamous Bruce Lee said: "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 157
    syntax_x wrote: »

    That said got a heap of brand new OBS-MX to swap for some gamerfingers :)


    I'll take them
  • LLLLLFiVEL5LLLLLLFiVEL5L ¡!¿?¡!PSN:LLLLLFiVEL5L¡!¿?¡! ¡!¿?¡!CFN: FiVEL_FiGHTER_5L¡!¿?¡! Joined: Posts: 157
    back to these Obs-MX & gamerfingers

    I gave brown switches in both GFs & OBS-MX .... quite & you could feel when you actuate .... still prefer OBS-MX over GFs
  • DeadlywolfDeadlywolf Joined: Posts: 91
    I don't like the octogonal design. I'm would feel ocd about trying to align them symmetrically. Why not just make a perfect a circle and be done with it.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,003
    edited February 1
    All kind of irrelevant now that this company (and their products) have been MIA for the better part of a year...
    I give them credit though for having tried to have their products stand out. Why does everything have to look like everything else?
  • intolerqintolerq Joined: Posts: 3
    I don't have any problem...
  • ausomecrawlausomecrawl Joined: Posts: 69
    Anyone have an update on when the redesigned buttons are going to be available?
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,344
    Anyone have an update on when the redesigned buttons are going to be available?

    Never. RIP. Now go buy OBS-MX
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,003
    ..And if the clickity-clack bothers you at some point, get a set of THESE.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited May 23
    jopamo wrote: »
    ..And if the clickity-clack bothers you at some point, get a set of THESE.

    How do these feel? Interested as I currently use O-rings in my OBS-MX's and would like to try all my options. Do they effectively silence the switches during both up and down movement?
    Post edited by StrtFghtrMstr on
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,003
    edited April 25
    I myself have only use rubber O-rings. I wasn't a fan.
    I modded a set of PAS Big Kahuna pads--they were decent, but a bit too dense.
    @butteroj can let you know about the Elite Keyboards pads though.
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,561
    The pads give the same mushy feel as the gamerfinger buttons, well at least the black pads. I have not yet tried the harder grey pads. I like them, as they do quiet things down a bit and they shorten travel.

     

  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    If only those MX buttons came in 24mm
  • KingRaohKingRaoh I build gauge Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm sad about the gamerfinger buttons no longer being available :(. If I have a set of gamerfinger buttons already, can I replace the switches when they go out? Thanks!
    5% Set-up, 5% Execution, 90% Turtle
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,003
    edited May 12
    Cherry MX switches within are rated at up to 50 million actuations. Your joystick will fail long before your buttons do---unless, of course, you bash your stick around like a retard (which I doubt)

    Even if the switches die, you can just swap them out with Cherry MX design switches! You get packs of them on Fleabay or specialty mechanical keyboard shops.

    [Edit]: Focus Attack has Cherry MX reds, blues, and browns up on Sales & Clearance.
  • KingRaohKingRaoh I build gauge Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jopamo wrote: »
    Cherry MX switches within are rated at up to 50 million actuations. Your joystick will fail long before your buttons do---unless, of course, you bash your stick around like a retard (which I doubt)

    Even if the switches die, you can just swap them out with Cherry MX design switches! You get packs of them on Fleabay or specialty mechanical keyboard shops.

    [Edit]: Focus Attack has Cherry MX reds, blues, and browns up on Sales & Clearance.

    Thanks for the info! Are reds the ones that some as default? Nice avatar pic!
    5% Set-up, 5% Execution, 90% Turtle
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,003
    Thanks! I am a huge Macross fan. Yup, reds (45g force) were the default pick, but peeps also used blacks (60g), blues, and browns. I found reds a hair too light, and sprung for a set of blacks. Never regretted it. Blues are clicky and browns have a tactile bump at mid-press, so neither (IMHO) are great for fightstick use.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,107
    jopamo wrote: »
    Thanks! I am a huge Macross fan. Yup, reds (45g force) were the default pick, but peeps also used blacks (60g), blues, and browns. I found reds a hair too light, and sprung for a set of blacks. Never regretted it. Blues are clicky and browns have a tactile bump at mid-press, so neither (IMHO) are great for fightstick use.
    While I don't currently use them I found Gamerfingers with MX blue switches to be very helpful in practicing new games and/or characters because of the associated audible and tactile sensations letting me know if I actually got the input I wanted.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • HazzeroneHazzerone Joined: Posts: 24
    edited June 4
    I started a custom HitBox project around about this time last year but didn't proceed with it due to none of the HBFS-24 being available for purchase.

    Having checked again just now this still seems to be the case.

    What's the best quiet 24mm switch choice currently available on the market?

    Edit: Also, last time I checked the Brook Universal PCB was the go-to best PCB available - is this still the case?
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 212
    Hazzerone wrote: »
    I started a custom HitBox project around about this time last year but didn't proceed with it due to none of the HBFS-24 being available for purchase.

    Having checked again just now this still seems to be the case.

    What's the best quiet 24mm switch choice currently available on the market?

    Edit: Also, last time I checked the Brook Universal PCB was the go-to best PCB available - is this still the case?

    I tried to do the same thing. I ended up making the hitbox without silent buttons. The only silent buttons that come in 24mm are the hori kuro buttons which I heard bad things about and the Hayabusa which are still sold out at this moment unfortunately. If you ended up getting regular 24mm buttons, you do have the option to buy either the little kahunas or the silence pads that are both available on paradisearcade. You can wait to see if the Hayabusa get back in stock on arcade shock but you might end up waiting a while.
  • HazzeroneHazzerone Joined: Posts: 24
    LSlick wrote: »
    I tried to do the same thing. I ended up making the hitbox without silent buttons. The only silent buttons that come in 24mm are the hori kuro buttons which I heard bad things about and the Hayabusa which are still sold out at this moment unfortunately. If you ended up getting regular 24mm buttons, you do have the option to buy either the little kahunas or the silence pads that are both available on paradisearcade. You can wait to see if the Hayabusa get back in stock on arcade shock but you might end up waiting a while.

    Hmm so pretty much my best option available is to give up the idea of silent 24mm and just go with some OBFS-24?

  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,003
    edited June 5
    Buy Little Kahuna pads for your 24 and 30mm Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons from Paradise Arcade Shop. It reduces noise significantly, all without adversely affecting plunger travel/feel.
  • NirravenNirraven Joined: Posts: 3
    The crown sdb-201 also have mechanical switch, i am curios if someone have tested OBS-MX against it.
    I think for fighting games i would prefer nonlinear switches, like the mx-blue, mx-brown or gatreon-blue.
    Have someone tested the gatreon-blue's on fighting games? I read they are even smoother then mx-blues, but also louder what isn't a negativ for me.

    Whats your ranking for the best button?
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 420
    Crown SDB-201 only come in 30mm, yes?
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
  • NirravenNirraven Joined: Posts: 3
    Yes
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 505
    The Crown SDB 201 buttons are awesome. They're the best 30 mm buttons I've ever tried. Highly recommend. I wish they came in 24mm for my Hitboxes.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.