So what happened to Gamerfinger?

13»

Comments

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,186
    edited May 12
    Cherry MX switches within are rated at up to 50 million actuations. Your joystick will fail long before your buttons do---unless, of course, you bash your stick around like a retard (which I doubt)

Even if the switches die, you can just swap them out with Cherry MX design switches! You get packs of them on Fleabay or specialty mechanical keyboard shops.

[Edit]: Focus Attack has Cherry MX reds, blues, and browns up on Sales & Clearance.
  • KingRaohKingRaoh I build gauge Joined: Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jopamo wrote: »
    Cherry MX switches within are rated at up to 50 million actuations. Your joystick will fail long before your buttons do---unless, of course, you bash your stick around like a retard (which I doubt)

Even if the switches die, you can just swap them out with Cherry MX design switches! You get packs of them on Fleabay or specialty mechanical keyboard shops.

[Edit]: Focus Attack has Cherry MX reds, blues, and browns up on Sales & Clearance.

Thanks for the info! Are reds the ones that some as default? Nice avatar pic!
    5% Set-up, 5% Execution, 90% Turtle
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    Thanks! I am a huge Macross fan. Yup, reds (45g force) were the default pick, but peeps also used blacks (60g), blues, and browns. I found reds a hair too light, and sprung for a set of blacks. Never regretted it. Blues are clicky and browns have a tactile bump at mid-press, so neither (IMHO) are great for fightstick use.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    Thanks! I am a huge Macross fan. Yup, reds (45g force) were the default pick, but peeps also used blacks (60g), blues, and browns. I found reds a hair too light, and sprung for a set of blacks. Never regretted it. Blues are clicky and browns have a tactile bump at mid-press, so neither (IMHO) are great for fightstick use.
    While I don't currently use them I found Gamerfingers with MX blue switches to be very helpful in practicing new games and/or characters because of the associated audible and tactile sensations letting me know if I actually got the input I wanted.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • HazzeroneHazzerone Joined: Posts: 24
    edited June 4
    I started a custom HitBox project around about this time last year but didn't proceed with it due to none of the HBFS-24 being available for purchase.

Having checked again just now this still seems to be the case.

What's the best quiet 24mm switch choice currently available on the market?

Edit: Also, last time I checked the Brook Universal PCB was the go-to best PCB available - is this still the case?
  • LSlickLSlick Joined: Posts: 212
    Hazzerone wrote: »
    I started a custom HitBox project around about this time last year but didn't proceed with it due to none of the HBFS-24 being available for purchase.

Having checked again just now this still seems to be the case.

What's the best quiet 24mm switch choice currently available on the market?

Edit: Also, last time I checked the Brook Universal PCB was the go-to best PCB available - is this still the case?

I tried to do the same thing. I ended up making the hitbox without silent buttons. The only silent buttons that come in 24mm are the hori kuro buttons which I heard bad things about and the Hayabusa which are still sold out at this moment unfortunately. If you ended up getting regular 24mm buttons, you do have the option to buy either the little kahunas or the silence pads that are both available on paradisearcade. You can wait to see if the Hayabusa get back in stock on arcade shock but you might end up waiting a while.
  • HazzeroneHazzerone Joined: Posts: 24
    LSlick wrote: »
    I tried to do the same thing. I ended up making the hitbox without silent buttons. The only silent buttons that come in 24mm are the hori kuro buttons which I heard bad things about and the Hayabusa which are still sold out at this moment unfortunately. If you ended up getting regular 24mm buttons, you do have the option to buy either the little kahunas or the silence pads that are both available on paradisearcade. You can wait to see if the Hayabusa get back in stock on arcade shock but you might end up waiting a while.

Hmm so pretty much my best option available is to give up the idea of silent 24mm and just go with some OBFS-24?

edited June 5
    Buy Little Kahuna pads for your 24 and 30mm Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons from Paradise Arcade Shop. It reduces noise significantly, all without adversely affecting plunger travel/feel.
  • NirravenNirraven Joined: Posts: 3
    The crown sdb-201 also have mechanical switch, i am curios if someone have tested OBS-MX against it.
    I think for fighting games i would prefer nonlinear switches, like the mx-blue, mx-brown or gatreon-blue.
    Have someone tested the gatreon-blue's on fighting games? I read they are even smoother then mx-blues, but also louder what isn't a negativ for me.

Whats your ranking for the best button?
  • RageousXRageousX Joined: Posts: 420
    Crown SDB-201 only come in 30mm, yes?
    SFV - Mika
    USFIV - Makoto, Evil Ryu
    3rd Strike - Makoto
    UMvC3 - Viper/Dante/Strider
    Tekken 7 - Leo
  • NirravenNirraven Joined: Posts: 3
    Yes
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 551
    The Crown SDB 201 buttons are awesome. They're the best 30 mm buttons I've ever tried. Highly recommend. I wish they came in 24mm for my Hitboxes.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    This is good to hear, as Gamer Finger’s silence for the last year was deafening. However, will they make inroads towards global product distribution again? That still remains to be seen...
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,580
    Obs-mx is much better anyway.

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,395
    Dead for 3 years, and now they pop back up like nothing happens?
    Sounds like internal issues with Gamefinger themselves
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • The PhantomnautThe Phantomnaut Too obsessive over Korean arcade parts. Joined: Posts: 1,785
    This is good to hear, as Gamer Finger’s silence for the last year was deafening. However, will they make inroads towards global product distribution again? That still remains to be seen...

They did say they are going to sell them next week. I guess it's through their site.
    edited October 9
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be keeping an eye out. I need to replace my black 30mm set I gave away like a chump.
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 576
    My fingers are crossed I will finally be able to get a white 24mm button for my HRAP4. It looks kind of funky to me to have gamerfingers and regular round shaped buttons on the same surface.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,602
    It'd be awesome if this new updated model used the same threading for the screw nuts as Seimitsu/Sanwa/Samducksa buttons. The original G3 release used different threading on the buttons and screw nut, meaning replacing lost screw nuts wasn't so simple (in addition to them being much harder to screw down in my EXP)
    edited October 10
    Feel free to utilize your best visual forensic inspection to confirm/deny:
    scTJ2qj.jpg

In other news...I hope they offer Cherry MX Speed (Silver) switches with their sets!
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 407
    Cool. I hope they have 8 30mm and 6 24mm in stock in black. Shipping from Taiwan’s probably gonna suck..
    Well hopefully Focus Attack, Paradise Arcade etc. will start carrying them.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 11
    Haven't tried the new switches myself yet. Attached two screenshots highlighting the performance enhancements you're getting with the new silvers. ~0.6mm shorter actuation travel then reds.

I'll stay with my reds but will def go w/Ag's if I have need for new buttons.

Kx7Rok4.jpg
    Bz48mZK.jpg
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    edited October 13
    d3v wrote: »
    Geez, you really don't need to take such huge screenshots...Simply linking or just quoting the text should be enough.
    When I clicked the link for this thread on my phone I thought it loaded a page from another site. LOL
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 407
    HBFS G3 with Cherry Mx silver are in stock :

http://shop.gamerfinger.com/product-category/buttons/30mmbuttons/
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Geez, you really don't need to take such huge screenshots of an article from another site. Simply linking or just quoting the text should be enough.

It's for the reader that doesn't click hyperlinks. Habit formed from group chats. It Looks just a few sizes larger then the forum's font on my phone. I don't view the forums on desktop so it must look gigantic on there lol I feel you.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    Where my 24mm boys at!
    LOL so they went with two SKUs for each size: snap-in and screw-ins... like everyone else. Looks like a one-button-fits-all design didn't work out so well.
    At least they learned their lesson (we hope).

What's the deal with the clear plunger on the black buttons?
    G330BPft.png

Yuck, dude. Bring back the G2 blackness!
    spechbfs.png
    gamerfinger-hbfs-30-g2-black.jpg
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Righto. Joined: Posts: 13,814
    Yeah, I'm hoping for the best with their Snap-ins, but I'd rather use the screw-ins since I got burned once by their snap-ins.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    I almost lost a fingernail to their snap-ins...
    Hoping there will be more colors/24mm sizes... Maybe they wanted to go with clear plungers to show off the cherries? lol
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
    Geez, you really don't need to take such huge screenshots of an article from another site. Simply linking or just quoting the text should be enough.

It's for the reader that doesn't click hyperlinks. Habit formed from group chats. It Looks just a few sizes larger then the forum's font on my phone. I don't view the forums on desktop so it must look gigantic on there lol I feel you.

It also eats up people's bandwidth. Which is why we discourage it.
13»