Which version of SFIV should i get?

lightningfarronxplightningfarronxp Joined: Posts: 15
I just recently got into fighting games and although im getting stomped pretty hard on SFV, I have my moments lol. Anyways, im looking to get a copy of SFIV to play on the side but I don't want to get one where I'll have a hard time finding a match online which brings me to my question, which version of SFIV on which console is the most populated? (wont have trouble finding a match). Help a rookie out please.

Comments

• Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    Not sure about the console part, but USFIV is the latest (and final) edition to the SF4 series.
    Twitter: @YuriAkushon | XBL: Yuri Action
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,083
    Joined 9 minutes ago.
  • lightningfarronxplightningfarronxp Joined: Posts: 15
    Vynce wrote: »
    Vanilla SFIV (the original release) has the most populated servers at the moment.

for which console?
    Wasted wrote: »
    None of them.

really, is SFIV dead?
    Eirokaj wrote: »
    Not sure about the console part, but USFIV is the latest (and final) edition to the SF4 series.

I know that but does it still have a lot of players even though SFV is out?
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,221
    The mugen version.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

I'm most certain it does.

for which console? 360 or PS3?
    edited June 2016

for which console? 360 or PS3?

I'm certain it's active on both consoles. If not, then you could always ask your fellow SRK members on getting some games in instead (as long as you don't make a thread for it, like this one). Hit up the SFIV sub-forum.
  • Shadow AceShadow Ace The Royal Knight of the Turbulent Winds Joined: Posts: 5,173
    edited June 2016
    the version you want is the ssifv version on the nintendo 3ds of sfiv because it has the newer released characters juri and hakan on it

tumblr_lfb2ekp9lb1qz9wb4.jpg

as you can see ryu isn't fuqing around
    Once Known as Shadow Ace 50
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, a rose as gentle, a song so eloquent
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,881
    edited June 2016
    Just buy the DLC costume packs, they include the game for free
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Street Fighter: The Movie
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    is this what the fighting game community has to offer? sarcastic answers? this is just sad.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    What's even more sad is that you don't know how to read/use search function.

This is General Discussion....................you should go here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/ultra-street-fighter-iv

Also..........this forum does not equal the fighting game community.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,221
    Just get with the times and play Street Fighter 5..........the NES version. No 8f input delay here BOI

Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

I certainly hope not and its not really sad since I'm new here
    What's even more sad is that you don't know how to read/use search function.

This is General Discussion....................you should go here:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/ultra-street-fighter-iv

Also..........this forum does not equal the fighting game community.

I certainly hope not and its not really sad since I'm new here. I was just looking to get some insight from those who are more experienced than me in this scene. my fault.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,345
    Get Ultra Street Fighter 4. It's still pretty active on PS4/PS3/360/PC, so that wouldn't be an issue. The online community is intact, so you'll have no trouble finding games.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Get Ultra Street Fighter 4. It's still pretty active on PS4/PS3/360/PC, so that wouldn't be an issue. The online community is intact, so you'll have no trouble finding games.

thank you for that answer I appreciate it :)
  • SesshomaruSesshomaru Joined: Posts: 582
    Close thread please
    Sesshomaru wrote: »
    Close thread please

not sure how that helps me but thanks i guess?
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,818
    is this what the fighting game community has to offer? sarcastic answers? this is just sad.

get out of here stupid snark f@6607
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,163
    Damn, was really hoping this was BeGuiled.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    NickRocks wrote: »

get out of here stupid snark f@6607

and another one reveals itself lol.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Damn, was really hoping this was BeGuiled.

sorry just another noob trying to educate himself :)
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,818
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    NickRocks wrote: »

actually I am, last I check "general discussion" meant discussing anything but I see now that has a different definition on this forum. As a new user, now I know. Why don't you try being an jerk to someone else?
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,163
    an jerk
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
    chadouken! wrote: »
    an jerk

A jerk, my bad
    angelpalm wrote: »
    Bruh if you got your fucking answer why are you still replying?

This is why you will always be shit, spend more time acting like a lil bitch on the internet than actually getting gud.

giphy.gif

im replying because i can and because im not at home. once i get home i focus on "getting gud" instead of wasting time answering jerkoffs who criticize instead of offering helpful advice like yourself.
    angelpalm wrote: »
    xv4rVS.gif

not gonna lie that made me laugh. thanks for that at least :)
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,762
    None of them.

Quoted for emphasis.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,284
    None of them.

really, is SFIV dead?

Almost as dead as its successor. :coffee:
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,284

Hey, it's 2016.

What can we say?

We've mellowed
    A LOT

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    play the most recent version....
    .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................duh
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX BLACK-GOKU-HAX Joined: Posts: 18,005
    No

The BEST Version

iPhone 2009 SF4eva, holy shit the mash and just get fierce punch :3p: :3p:
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.