The Official TE2, TE2+, TES+ EZ MOD Thread

13»

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,215
    Please use the search function of the forums. There are hundreds of discussions on personal preference on buttons and levers.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,285
    Sorry, I'm new to this,, just need to know how to get stiff responsive buttons.

Just buy a button that is physically stiffer to push.

In general Seimitsu buttons are stiffer than Sanwa.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • Liamcraig320Liamcraig320 Joined: Posts: 8
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 208
    Sorry, I'm new to this,, just need to know how to get stiff responsive buttons.

get seimitsu buttons.
  • ProgressiveBalanceProgressiveBalance Joined: Posts: 152
    or Sanwa RGs
  • guttahtrashguttahtrash Joined: Posts: 8
    Can you use a Neutrik USB port instead of the stock Pro Cable port?

My other question is that does the Left Stick/Right Stick/D-Pad function still work?
    Can you use a Neutrik USB port instead of the stock Pro Cable port?

My other question is that does the Left Stick/Right Stick/D-Pad function still work?

Sure. You just need to mod the case to make it fit and forgo the USB connectors on the EZ MOD.

For the TE2+ version, yes, the LS/RS/DP switch works.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    edited March 6
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a way to have the LS/RS/DP switch work on the old T.E.2 with the EZMOD pcb?
    No, it would require a redesign of the board. I chose to not implement that in favor of setable buttons for the various other buttons on the UFB.

Oh I see, well thanks for the help.
  • HydrasunGQHydrasunGQ Joined: Posts: 2
    edited March 6
    =)
    Post edited by HydrasunGQ on
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    edited March 12
    DOUBLE POST fo-giv-a-nes prease!!!

Been doing a lot of house keeping on SRK the last few weeks; Cleaning up my WTT/WTB TO thread, Finding new homes for some sticks that never really felt right in my Tony Robbins' banana hands, Organizing the trunk of funk that is my storage locker/parts bin, And now finally trying to wrap up some builds that were perpetually stuck at 75% complete.

So here's my attempt to make a MadCatz TE2 SE

Specs:

20170311_233201.jpg

20170311_225952.jpg

20170311_225335.jpg
    Post edited by Feargus001100 on
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 254
    Nice LS-32 in that TE2
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    Nice LS-32 in that TE2

It's actually a LS-38 but thanks nonetheless :D
    Just got the EZMOD board and having a little problem. The 2 buttons at the top doesn't seem to work. Was also wondering what the PS3/PS4 switch does.
    Did you install the jumpers on the headers to set them to a function? If you didn't they won't do anything.

Do you mean the green and red * ? Then No I didn't but can you explain on how to install the jumpers? I'm completely new to modding.
    Please watch the video for the mod, I explain where to install the little plastic jumpers in there. its not hard, you just install them by putting them on a set of pins so that the buttons behave as you want them to.

edited March 14
    You mean the J8 & J4? I thought you meant I had to connect JP4/JP5 to something. I have J4 and J8 connected and the turbo functions don't seem to work.
    JP4 and JP5 are 2x4 headers. There is a graphic printed on the board that shows jumpers need to be installed to connect a button to each. Additionally, all the wires need to be connected from the aux board to the EZ MOD and then from the EZ MOD to the UFB.

Please show pics of your install, otherwise I am just shooting in the dark here.

Okay so here are pictures of my install.
    TUmDbKY.jpg opOnSHW.jpg
    edited March 16
    As suspected, there are no jumpers installed on JP4 and JP5. You should have gotten them in your kit. You see that graphic that shows L3/R3/TP/Turbo with like a rectangle? That indicates how you set each button by installing the jumper connecting the pins. The jumpers look like these:

UsiJ3.jpg

That's strange, I never got those in my kit. Since they probably never came with my kit, is there a place to purchase them?
    That's strange, I never got those in my kit. Since they probably never came with my kit, is there a place to purchase them?

I would contact wherever you bought it and ask them to send you some; they are supposed to be in the kit. Worst case, you can get 100 (so you will have 98 spares) from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/2-54mm-Standard-Computer-Jumper-100pack/dp/B00N552DWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489655313&sr=8-1&keywords=PC+Jumpers

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,285

I would contact wherever you bought it and ask them to send you some; they are supposed to be in the kit. Worst case, you can get 100 (so you will have 98 spares) from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/2-54mm-Standard-Computer-Jumper-100pack/dp/B00N552DWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489655313&sr=8-1&keywords=PC+Jumpers

Shoot, for $6 bucks (Shipping included) I just buy the 100 pack, then give away the extras.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • ProdsProds Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey Jasen, any further updates on the EZMod for the TES? I'm about to order one largely because I like the form factor way better than the TE2+ and I know you made some progress on the EZMod for it a few months back. Would love to pick up an EZMod for it at the same time since I've never done custom work on my stick and I don't trust myself to solder. Thanks!
    Prods wrote: »
    Hey Jasen, any further updates on the EZMod for the TES? I'm about to order one largely because I like the form factor way better than the TE2+ and I know you made some progress on the EZMod for it a few months back. Would love to pick up an EZMod for it at the same time since I've never done custom work on my stick and I don't trust myself to solder. Thanks!

Its complete and tested. I just need to put the PCBs into manufacturing. I haven't done it though because I am deployed. I might be able to do a small run of them at a reasonable rate from abroad once I talk to Spencer about the logistics. I want to make sure he's fully got his feet under him with Panzer Fight Sticks (which I would recommend picking up over the TES+ :) ) and shipping them.

Its complete and tested. I just need to put the PCBs into manufacturing. I haven't done it though because I am deployed. I might be able to do a small run of them at a reasonable rate from abroad once I talk to Spencer about the logistics. I want to make sure he's fully got his feet under him with Panzer Fight Sticks (which I would recommend picking up over the TES+ :) ) and shipping them.

I actually would love a Panzer stick but I went to order one and after shipping it would cost me over $700! The pains of living in Australia. So the TES+ will have to do. Thanks!
    I want to make sure he's fully got his feet under him with Panzer Fight Sticks (which I would recommend picking up over the TES+ :) ) and shipping them.

I actually would love a Panzer stick but I went to order one and after shipping it would cost me over $700! The pains of living in Australia. So the TES+ will have to do. Thanks!

Not trying to be jerk about this, but in the future if you ever wanted to a have a very FGC vacation, like going to SCR or EVO or PSX etc., there are usually cheapy round trip flights from Australia to most US West Coast spots for around $650 to $700. I have a cousin who lives waaaaaay out in Launceston Tasmania and he's done this three times. Flies in with empty suitcases, and leaves loaded up with sticks, games, shirts, kicks, etc. for himself and his mates back home.

Food for thought.

Did you use USPS Priority? I have shipped about 10 to Australia and shipping was never more than $100.

Did you use USPS Priority? I have shipped about 10 to Australia and shipping was never more than $100.
    Looks like I made an error when originally putting in data for the shipping estimate, with USPS Priority it comes down to about $500. Definitely something I'll have to think about!
    Looks like I made an error when originally putting in data for the shipping estimate, with USPS Priority it comes down to about $500. Definitely something I'll have to think about!

Think about it this way:

TES+ $199.95
    Brook UFB $89.95
    EZ MOD $40
    Shipping: $100 ish total from the states.

PFS3: 279.95 (with brook)
    Shipping: $100ish
    Buttons Lever of your choosing: $60

Pretty close when it comes down to it... but no plastic stick.

13»