The Official TE2, TE2+, TES+, PANTHERA EZ MOD Thread

Comments

• DirtyMerkinDirtyMerkin Joined: Posts: 6
    edited August 2016
    I installed the te2+ ez mod and everything works great but the player led is always on for player 3. What did I do wrong?

Pictures? There was an issue with this on TE2 for X360 that I fixed with a software update. They shouldn't be shipping like this... where did you get it from?

I'm at work so I won't be able to post a picture till later. I ordered the te2+ ez mod through arcadeshock.com. I can connect another controller to my ps4 and switch profiles and the te2+ leds will light up red indicating player 2, but I cannot get the player one led to work correctly.
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,376
    > First thing to do is to unplug the aux panel connectors and re plug them in to make sure they are all tight.
    > Second post pictures. This seems odd and hasn't happened before. I need to see how you have everything connected inside to make sure nothing is swapped around.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    > First thing to do is to unplug the aux panel connectors and re plug them in to make sure they are all tight.
    > Second post pictures. This seems odd and hasn't happened before. I need to see how you have everything connected inside to make sure nothing is swapped around.

I will post pictures when I get out today around 3pm est and I will check my connections.
    edited August 2016
    Ok so I got it to work. One of the 5 pin wire connectors are flipped. I also had the J2 connected and I don't think I need it connected.
    Ok so I got it to work. One of the 5 pin wire connectors are flipped. I also had the J2 connected and I don't think I need it connected.

J2 supplies the future INT/SDA/SDL/RST lines for the touchpad to track and such. Brook hasn't implemented it yet, but I wanted to make this future proof.

Glad you figured it out. I was thinking a bridged solder joint was in the cards as the culprit.

2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • Dannyctes86Dannyctes86 Joined: Posts: 6
    edited August 2016
    hello,

i finally got mine installed and everything. also, i have the lvt3 led board setup but this causes the stick to become unresponsive any idea what could be causing this issue? when i disconnect the buttons and joystick and plug into the ezmod board it works fine.
    hello,

i finally got mine installed and everything. also, i have the lvt3 led board setup but this causes the stick to become unresponsive any idea what could be causing this issue? when i disconnect the buttons and joystick and plug into the ezmod board it works fine.

Which LVT3 do you have? I think only the PS4 one works properly with the EZ MOD. @armi0024 - can you confirm?

• VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,830
    unresponsive after 8 minutes perhaps?
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • IndiIndi Joined: Posts: 2
    Is there any latency/input delay when using the EZ Mod compared to strictly wiring directly to the UFB? I primarily play Street Fighter 5 on PS4 and PC (144 HZ, 1MS response monitor) so any honest feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to pull the trigger on the EZ Mod TE2+ combo but wanted to hear back on any tests ran. Here is my reference video: TE2+ with UFB

no lag
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
    Indi wrote: »
    Is there any latency/input delay when using the EZ Mod compared to strictly wiring directly to the UFB? I primarily play Street Fighter 5 on PS4 and PC (144 HZ, 1MS response monitor) so any honest feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm hoping to pull the trigger on the EZ Mod TE2+ combo but wanted to hear back on any tests ran. Here is my reference video: TE2+ with UFB

The EZ MOD is essentially a wiring harness only for the buttons and joystick, it adds NO LATENCY beyond the standard but from the UFB, system you are using it in, and game because it DOES NO PROCESSING on those signals.

• IndiIndi Joined: Posts: 2
    Thanks for the speedy reply Vicko and Jasen! I ordered up an EZ Mod and look forward to adding it to my TE2+
    hello,

Which LVT3 do you have? I think only the PS4 one works properly with the EZ MOD. @armi0024 - can you confirm?

I have the xbone one.

thanks for your reply I will look at paradise arcade shop for the ps4 one.
    edited August 2016
    Ez mod installed on te2plus

http://imgur.com/R6CL6ke
  • mangrullonmangrullon Joined: Posts: 7
    did the wire splice to get the LED board working on my KI stick. By any chance could you tell me what kind of wire that is? The three pin wire from the led board to the pcb, I'd like to order/make another cable. I carefully desoldered the original pcb in case one day I want to take out the brook and resell the KI stick since it might be worth something in the future *although my plexi/border aren't in the best condition lol*
    mangrullon wrote: »
    did the wire splice to get the LED board working on my KI stick. By any chance could you tell me what kind of wire that is? The three pin wire from the led board to the pcb, I'd like to order/make another cable. I carefully desoldered the original pcb in case one day I want to take out the brook and resell the KI stick since it might be worth something in the future *although my plexi/border aren't in the best condition lol*

24AWG.

• LaughingFoxxLaughingFoxx Joined: Posts: 14
    Is there ever going to be an EZ mod for the TES+?

Yes. The TE2+ works with a lot of "help" so I just need to rework the form factor to make it easier and determine how many I want to invest in making.

• Antonio-o-oAntonio-o-o Joined: Posts: 331

I came here to ask the same thing. I'm glad to hear it's in the works.
    The big thing I need to deal with is the USB cable. I did a mod at EVO (that admittedly took WAYY too long to do) using the TE2+ EZ MOD and I found that the USB cable can be a bit finicky when stripped. One of the data lines had a blue film on it which wasn't easy to get rid of so I just swapped USB cables. All in all, not hard to include an additional cable and its very doable.

• LaughingFoxxLaughingFoxx Joined: Posts: 14
    Wow that's pretty cool to know! Can't wait to see what it'll look like.
    The big thing I need to deal with is the USB cable. I did a mod at EVO (that admittedly took WAYY too long to do) using the TE2+ EZ MOD and I found that the USB cable can be a bit finicky when stripped. One of the data lines had a blue film on it which wasn't easy to get rid of so I just swapped USB cables. All in all, not hard to include an additional cable and its very doable.

use a lighter :)

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • CaptnAmericaCaptnAmerica registered n00b Joined: Posts: 377
    Can anyone help me please? I'm having the same sort of issue as Dannyctes86. I own the TE2+ joystick and LVT3 for TE2+. It was all fine. After I installed brook + EZmod on top of it, it stopped working.

So I disconnected the LVT3, and the setup works - TE2+ with EZMod+ plus Brook. The EZmod+ and LVT3 works individually however when combined together it had alternating lights and cannot be detected. I've tried it on a PC as XBOX 360 and XBOX one mode, and then a regular PS4.

Any advice on troubleshooting this thing?
    Can anyone help me please? I'm having the same sort of issue as Dannyctes86. I own the TE2+ joystick and LVT3 for TE2+. It was all fine. After I installed brook + EZmod on top of it, it stopped working.

So I disconnected the LVT3, and the setup works - TE2+ with EZMod+ plus Brook. The EZmod+ and LVT3 works individually however when combined together it had alternating lights and cannot be detected. I've tried it on a PC as XBOX 360 and XBOX one mode, and then a regular PS4.

Any advice on troubleshooting this thing?

Contact PAS. The wiring harness they include has the Ground and Signal pins swapped which is fine on the stock TE2+ board but not on the EZ MOD. You need a specific LVT3 board that has the signal and ground orientations correct for the EZ MOD. If you tell them what's going on (like I said to the above poster) they know exactly which revision of the LVT3 to exchange it for.

Thanks for the quick response Jasen. I've contacted PAS but had a quick question. The wiring you are referring to - can it possibly be this right here? http://support.paradisearcadeshop.com/support/solutions/articles/14000026297-te2-and-te2-with-the-lvt3

Are you possibly saying that the default TE2 wiring works on the stock TE2+ board when used with a LVT3?

Thanks
    edited September 2016
    Probably it, yes. The TE2 and TE2+ use the exact same harness for the buttons. Because they have them setup with both wires going to the board (gnd and signal) from each button, it doesn't matter where the GND is connected on the board because its just simply shorting the two together when the button is pressed. Because the LVT3 has an interconnect cable with very specific GND pins and SIGNAL PINS it seems like the button singals are going directly to GND and the GND pins are getting put onto the signal pins causing the issue.

** EDIT **

This is the exact layout of the EZ MOD. Make sure your pins from the LVT3, connected to the EZ MOD, are setup accordingly.

yKBbKAq.png

I own the EZmod+ version - so the above diagram, shouldn't the gnd pin should be the bottom and the signal pins vise versa?
    Thanks a bunch.
    edited September 2016
    I own the EZmod+ version - so the above diagram, shouldn't the gnd pin should be the bottom and the signal pins vise versa?
    Thanks a bunch.

No. This is a picture of my board and both the TE2 and TE2+ version use the EXACT same layout.

edited September 2016
    I'm very embarrassed =) that you posted this in the very first post. Okay but you have to give me a break though - I went through the trouble of buying 2 ezmod and then 2 ezmod+ because later I found they are not the same. So I even went through the trouble of getting myself a PS4 LVT3 board on the website and making of drop down choice of TE2+ (I believe this choice will let PAS know which harness to ship out).

In the PAS support article they said TE2+ had the GND and singals reversed from the original TE2 and you said your wiring is the same for EZMOD and EZMOD+.
    In the end, I had to convert the TE2+ harness into the regular TE2 harness and it worked...

Well thank you for serving our country and thank you for all your products + wisdom + contribution to the FCG.
    Will the Kaimana Kameleon LED Driver PCB work with this mod?
    I would recommend using an LVT3 instead. The KK will work, but you will need to mod a USB cable to work with the switching function of the mini-usb on the board.

I would recommend using an LVT3 instead. The KK will work, but you will need to mod a USB cable to work with the switching function of the mini-usb on the board.

unfortunately the lvt3 for ps4 is out of stock so no luck on that end just seeking alternatives. thanks though!

unfortunately the lvt3 for ps4 is out of stock so no luck on that end just seeking alternatives. thanks though!

Then I would go with a Kaimana Mini. Same function, smaller footprint and no need to do anything funky with the USB.

• MoosekingMooseking Future Champion of the World. Joined: Posts: 76
    Hows it going folks,

Couldn't find a guide or any info about this cable on the TE2+ board, but I'm going to assume this is for the touchpad.

Any assistance here would be appreciated, looked up the guide and how to on youtube but not seeing anything related to this cable specifically and don't want to botch this.

10QFzvL.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
    Mooseking
    The flat ribbon cable (FFC) is for Touchpad. Watch the VLX version of the EZ MOD install, it talks about it.

• hashratehashrate Joined: Posts: 150
    @Jasen Hicks Hey would you happen to have any spare TE2 button wiring harnesses for sale? Looking for an intact harness for the 8 buttons.
  • nbballardnbballard Joined: Posts: 9
    hashrate wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks Hey would you happen to have any spare TE2 button wiring harnesses for sale? Looking for an intact harness for the 8 buttons.

Same. I can make my own harness if someone can tell me the specific part name/desk for the 16pin connector.

Any ideas?
    hashrate wrote: »
    nbballard wrote: »

Same. I can make my own harness if someone can tell me the specific part name/desk for the 16pin connector.

Any ideas?

I don't sell the harnesses, sorry. They are JST RA connectors.

Positive news today :) I finally have the TES+ EZ MOD all squared away and tested. Not a huge problem really since its a reimagining of the TE2+ EZ MOD (same essential setup inside the stick. Here's the pictures in chronological order of the install:

I mounted everything to the bottom of the stick using sticky feet standoffs. Lots of metal down here, no desire to short anything out! Used right angle headers on the 20P section of the UFB for clearance purposes. USB cable that comes from MCZ is a pain and since you can't get a replacement in without cutting the end, I created the little adapter board there and used a custom USB cable I created to connect it to the USB B connector on the Brook. I ended up replacing the MCZ cable because the blue coating on the D- wire sucks and is a pain to get off without hot tweezers.

15940424_2187154601510550_5297786541711995582_n.jpg?oh=9a21070d20ecb18e400e7f1ba96add90&oe=590F8943

Next, I bolted the base back onto the stick and pulled the wires up. You will notice I completely removed the top to make it easier to work and not damage the cables inside.

15965799_2187154604843883_604110661049784507_n.jpg?oh=7b565d95aa019a98f248118c0d292f8f&oe=58D6C3D7

Installed the EZ MOD board in the stock PCB location and connected everything up. Used the stock button board to connect to the 20P custom cable. so no need to rewire those :)

15965501_2187154628177214_1732654276606630424_n.jpg?oh=819bbaa35c2dd37dc370fcc4a28f6dc9&oe=591E5FC8

Buttoned up with some Purple Fight Stick Jewelry and tested it on Windows 10. Works great!

15966059_2187154631510547_2516558710529207949_n.jpg?oh=8cefe27cd1d5aaf14800157fc4b6aa2f&oe=59147224