The Official TE2, TE2+, TES+, PANTHERA EZ MOD Thread

Comments

• guttahtrashguttahtrash Joined: Posts: 8
    Okay so here are pictures of my install.
    TUmDbKY.jpg opOnSHW.jpg
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,358
    edited March 16
    As suspected, there are no jumpers installed on JP4 and JP5. You should have gotten them in your kit. You see that graphic that shows L3/R3/TP/Turbo with like a rectangle? That indicates how you set each button by installing the jumper connecting the pins. The jumpers look like these:

UsiJ3.jpg
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • guttahtrashguttahtrash Joined: Posts: 8
    That's strange, I never got those in my kit. Since they probably never came with my kit, is there a place to purchase them?
    That's strange, I never got those in my kit. Since they probably never came with my kit, is there a place to purchase them?

I would contact wherever you bought it and ask them to send you some; they are supposed to be in the kit. Worst case, you can get 100 (so you will have 98 spares) from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/2-54mm-Standard-Computer-Jumper-100pack/dp/B00N552DWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489655313&sr=8-1&keywords=PC+Jumpers
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,358

I would contact wherever you bought it and ask them to send you some; they are supposed to be in the kit. Worst case, you can get 100 (so you will have 98 spares) from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/2-54mm-Standard-Computer-Jumper-100pack/dp/B00N552DWK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489655313&sr=8-1&keywords=PC+Jumpers

Shoot, for $6 bucks (Shipping included) I just buy the 100 pack, then give away the extras.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • ProdsProds Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey Jasen, any further updates on the EZMod for the TES? I'm about to order one largely because I like the form factor way better than the TE2+ and I know you made some progress on the EZMod for it a few months back. Would love to pick up an EZMod for it at the same time since I've never done custom work on my stick and I don't trust myself to solder. Thanks!
    Prods wrote: »
    Hey Jasen, any further updates on the EZMod for the TES? I'm about to order one largely because I like the form factor way better than the TE2+ and I know you made some progress on the EZMod for it a few months back. Would love to pick up an EZMod for it at the same time since I've never done custom work on my stick and I don't trust myself to solder. Thanks!

Its complete and tested. I just need to put the PCBs into manufacturing. I haven't done it though because I am deployed. I might be able to do a small run of them at a reasonable rate from abroad once I talk to Spencer about the logistics. I want to make sure he's fully got his feet under him with Panzer Fight Sticks (which I would recommend picking up over the TES+ :) ) and shipping them.

Its complete and tested. I just need to put the PCBs into manufacturing. I haven't done it though because I am deployed. I might be able to do a small run of them at a reasonable rate from abroad once I talk to Spencer about the logistics. I want to make sure he's fully got his feet under him with Panzer Fight Sticks (which I would recommend picking up over the TES+ :) ) and shipping them.

I actually would love a Panzer stick but I went to order one and after shipping it would cost me over $700! The pains of living in Australia. So the TES+ will have to do. Thanks!
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    I want to make sure he's fully got his feet under him with Panzer Fight Sticks (which I would recommend picking up over the TES+ :) ) and shipping them.

I actually would love a Panzer stick but I went to order one and after shipping it would cost me over $700! The pains of living in Australia. So the TES+ will have to do. Thanks!

Not trying to be jerk about this, but in the future if you ever wanted to a have a very FGC vacation, like going to SCR or EVO or PSX etc., there are usually cheapy round trip flights from Australia to most US West Coast spots for around $650 to $700. I have a cousin who lives waaaaaay out in Launceston Tasmania and he's done this three times. Flies in with empty suitcases, and leaves loaded up with sticks, games, shirts, kicks, etc. for himself and his mates back home.

Food for thought.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society

Did you use USPS Priority? I have shipped about 10 to Australia and shipping was never more than $100.

Did you use USPS Priority? I have shipped about 10 to Australia and shipping was never more than $100.
    Looks like I made an error when originally putting in data for the shipping estimate, with USPS Priority it comes down to about $500. Definitely something I'll have to think about!
    Looks like I made an error when originally putting in data for the shipping estimate, with USPS Priority it comes down to about $500. Definitely something I'll have to think about!

Think about it this way:

TES+ $199.95
    Brook UFB $89.95
    EZ MOD $40
    Shipping: $100 ish total from the states.

PFS3: 279.95 (with brook)
    Shipping: $100ish
    Buttons Lever of your choosing: $60

Pretty close when it comes down to it... but no plastic stick.

• DarkSignerKiryuDarkSignerKiryu Joined: Posts: 5
    Is the TE2+ EZMod Board for sale online anywhere anymore? Or is it only available at EVO? Arcade Shock is sold out and Paradise Arcade Shop appears to not even have it listed.
    Is the TE2+ EZMod Board for sale online anywhere anymore? Or is it only available at EVO? Arcade Shock is sold out and Paradise Arcade Shop appears to not even have it listed.

ArcadeShock.com will get a restock shortly. It will be a kit with a UFB.

• DarkSignerKiryuDarkSignerKiryu Joined: Posts: 5

ArcadeShock.com will get a restock shortly. It will be a kit with a UFB.

Alright then thanks for letting me know!
  • ChunstoppableChunstoppable I don't quit! Joined: Posts: 1,008
    edited June 18
    I recently got a TE2 EZ mod for my X1 TE2 stick and while the AUX buttons (TP click/turbo) work, the Home button doesn't work. Is this normal? I've tried it on both PS4 and X1. Thanks!
    I recently got a TE2 EZ mod for my X1 TE2 stick and while the AUX buttons (TP click/turbo) work, the Home button doesn't work. Is this normal? I've tried it on both PS4 and X1. Thanks!

It should work fine.... please double check all of the connections. Post a picture if you can. Do any of the other buttons fail to respond? (Start, Select, P1-P4, etc)

Jasen

• ChunstoppableChunstoppable I don't quit! Joined: Posts: 1,008
    I was able to figure it out. I'm currently using the PAS 20 pin harness on my UFB, so I removed that connected the ribbon cable that the EZ mod came with to both boards and my home button worked. Now I just need to get an original 20 pin harness and the start/select connector.

Thanks for the response btw!
    *** UPDATE ***

See first post, added information on the new RAZER PANTHERA EZ MOD to include the install guide link.

• R3TAL1AT3R3TAL1AT3 Joined: Posts: 1
    Is there any way to restore the LOCK function?
    R3TAL1AT3 wrote: »
    Is there any way to restore the LOCK function?

No. The Lock button has been re-purposed and makes updates far more complicated than they need to be (i.e. opening the stick, using an alternate button to simulate button presses etc). This was intentionally done to maximize function of the UFB on these sticks.

• mynusmynus Shinnei... Joined: Posts: 72
    @Jasen Hicks Is it possible to use the EZ mode TE2+ board with the Brooks PS4+ w/ audio?
    Defeat? I ain't scared of defeat! Even if it
    happens, I won't notice...Cause I'll be too busy lookin' good!
    mynus wrote: »
    @Jasen Hicks Is it possible to use the EZ mode TE2+ board with the Brooks PS4+ w/ audio?

No, the pin out on the PS4+ board is significantly different. So unless you want to solder and re work all the included wires, no.

• The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 188
    edited July 15
    Hey Jasen. I know you're in inventory week, but can you give me the price for the TE2+ version (and if you will still sell it)?
    I'm only seeing the bundle with the UFB on Arcade Shock in preoder for 135$, and PA only have the TE2 version.
    Hey Jasen. I know you're in inventory week, but can you give me the price for the TE2+ version (and if you will still sell it)?
    I'm only seeing the bundle with the UFB on Arcade Shock in preoder for 135$, and PA only have the TE2 version.

ArcadeShock.com is the TE2+ vendor at the moment. @Sodnine doesn't have any at the secondary shipping location in Alabama. Contact AS directly and see if they can do anything to assist or if they are willing to sell them separately. From a business stand point, I understand why they sell them as a pair but I can't control that aspect.

• The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 188

ArcadeShock.com is the TE2+ vendor at the moment. @Sodnine doesn't have any at the secondary shipping location in Alabama. Contact AS directly and see if they can do anything to assist or if they are willing to sell them separately. From a business stand point, I understand why they sell them as a pair but I can't control that aspect.

Thanks!
  • deejaycribdeejaycrib Joined: Posts: 69
    edited July 17
    i have TE2+ with EZMOD & UFB brook,
    someone can explain me why sometimes my HP (R1) suddenly dosnt work During a round or match and work again after :( (PS4)
    i dont know why
    The EZ MOD doesn't process any signals for that button, just passes it along. Update the FW on your Brook UFB firmware, double check all your connections are tight.

• VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 547
    edited July 18
    deejaycrib wrote: »
    i have TE2+ with EZMOD & UFB brook,
    someone can explain me why sometimes my HP (R1) suddenly dosnt work During a round or match and work again after :( (PS4)
    i dont know why

Have you tried swapping out the button? Maybe the switch is going/has gone bad.
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • S-LaughterS-Laughter Joined: Posts: 342
    I'd appreciate some assistance - I just want to make sure I'm getting the right things together to fix my stick. I have the Ryu TE2+ stick, and already purchased the Brooks ps4+ fighting board to install into my te2+ stick, is this the right ez mod for my situation?
    https://paradisearcadeshop.com/electrical/1831-jasen-s-customs-ez-mod-te2.html?search_query=te2++ez+mod&results=4
    < SF5 - Steam zentooshi - CFN Shosuko - PS4 S-Laughter - CFN Rainbo-nana-Mika >
    S-Laughter wrote: »
    I'd appreciate some assistance - I just want to make sure I'm getting the right things together to fix my stick. I have the Ryu TE2+ stick, and already purchased the Brooks ps4+ fighting board to install into my te2+ stick, is this the right ez mod for my situation?
    https://paradisearcadeshop.com/electrical/1831-jasen-s-customs-ez-mod-te2.html?search_query=te2++ez+mod&results=4

Only ArcadeShock sells the TE2+ EZ MOD and it does not work with the PS4+ board, only the Universal Fighting Board.

• S-LaughterS-Laughter Joined: Posts: 342
    S-Laughter wrote: »

Only ArcadeShock sells the TE2+ EZ MOD and it does not work with the PS4+ board, only the Universal Fighting Board.

thx, fortunately I can make a return on the ps4+ board.
    < SF5 - Steam zentooshi - CFN Shosuko - PS4 S-Laughter - CFN Rainbo-nana-Mika >
  • mightychojinmightychojin Joined: Posts: 21
    Just updated my PS4 system software and now the TE2 (xb1) is disconnecting from the PS4, tried to update the UFB firmware via a Windows 10 laptop and my mac mini and neither gives me the "start button" on the updater. When connected to the laptop the Xbox button is lit, on the Mac it isn't.. Any ideas?
    It sounds like an issue with the UFB. If the controller connects and its working on the PC, PS4 (even if for a few minutes), the USB portion seems to be all good.

Windows treats the Brook UFB as an XBOX controller, that's normal. I dont have a Mac with me to verify, but I think its a PS4 controller on Mac if I remember right.

Are you hitting the correct button sequence and holding it down while you plug in the controller with the software open?

It sounds like an issue with the UFB. If the controller connects and its working on the PC, PS4 (even if for a few minutes), the USB portion seems to be all good.

Windows treats the Brook UFB as an XBOX controller, that's normal. I dont have a Mac with me to verify, but I think its a PS4 controller on Mac if I remember right.

Are you hitting the correct button sequence and holding it down while you plug in the controller with the software open?

I have the same stick as the one you modified in your install video, so I'm assuming holding in the top 2 white buttons to the right of the usb cable when I plug it in to the pc?

I can use it the stick no problem on the XBO, drops out after a few minutes on the PS4, works again after disconnecting and reconnecting.. Worked perfectly until my recent PS4 update.

Do I need to install any drivers for the Mac to use it??

I have the same stick as the one you modified in your install video, so I'm assuming holding in the top 2 white buttons to the right of the usb cable when I plug it in to the pc?

I can use it the stick no problem on the XBO, drops out after a few minutes on the PS4, works again after disconnecting and reconnecting.. Worked perfectly until my recent PS4 update.

Do I need to install any drivers for the Mac to use it??

No, no drivers on the Mac that I know of. I use Joystick Show on my Mac Pro when I am testing inputs and what not. You should be pressing the "HOME/XBOX" button and the "SELECT" button at the same time, while plugging it in, to get it to go in Boot Loader mode. I think, based on what you said above, you are hitting START and SELECT.

That's where I've been going wrong will try again holding the correct button combo.
  • Liamcraig320Liamcraig320 Joined: Posts: 29
    I'm having the same problem with my RYU TE2+ on PS4. It just started happening also. It will work for a few minutes then stop. I have to switch the button to ps3, then back to ps4 and the PS button to turn it on. I'm trying to find exactly what products I need to buy and install to fix this. And I don't want to go cheap. Do I need a mod pcb or??
    Get the TE2+ EZ MOD kit from ArcadeShock.com ... it removes all the MCZ stock electronics (that aren't going to be replaced by them under any warranty now that they are defunct) and installs a Brook UFB.

• bloodstrikebloodstrike Joined: Posts: 8
    Hey Jaesen, looking into re-doing my X1 TE2 ps360+/padhack stick with a UFB and an EZMOD. In your FAQ there is mention of getting this setup to work with a Kaimana Khameleon by making a modified mini-usb cable - can you give more details on that? I'm assuming that the mini side of the cable gets plugged into the KK - where does the other end go? Also - slightly off topic - are Khameleon's still available somewhere, or am I better off with a Kaimana mini? Thanks!