The Official TE2, TE2+, TES+, PANTHERA EZ MOD Thread

12346»

Comments

• Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,359
    Please check Brook's release notes on their website: www.brookaccessory.com

It is now used for HITBOX SOCD mode. If you don't have a HITBOX panel on your TE2+ from me... it doesn't affect you.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

Have a question? Use the JASENSCUSTOMS HELP DESK

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • AzN InKAzN InK I was a Tom Joined: Posts: 643
    So there is no more touchpad click support at all due to this change from Brook? Touch pad click is used reset positions in training mode for Tekken and a nifty shortcut to reset training position in SFV that I use very often.
    "Ontop of that, all you dudes calling us fat and ugly and whatever you can think of. Good job, if I was cute and skinny would you fuck me? Is that what you really want?" - Marn

"... ball gargling champion of the western suburbs..."
    AzN InK wrote: »
    So there is no more touchpad click support at all due to this change from Brook? Touch pad click is used reset positions in training mode for Tekken and a nifty shortcut to reset training position in SFV that I use very often.

Click works still. That's a different connection all together.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!

- Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • AzN InKAzN InK I was a Tom Joined: Posts: 643
    edited September 15
    Sorry I am new at this. For the TE2+ the usb wires there is no yellow. Instead there are two black wires. I've tried swapping both in the terminals but I am not getting power.

EDIT: Nevermind got it to power on. It was something unrelated to the USB wiring.
    Post edited by AzN InK on
    "Ontop of that, all you dudes calling us fat and ugly and whatever you can think of. Good job, if I was cute and skinny would you fuck me? Is that what you really want?" - Marn

"... ball gargling champion of the western suburbs..."
    AzN InK wrote: »
    Sorry I am new at this. For the TE2+ the usb wires there is no yellow. Instead there are two black wires. I've tried swapping both in the terminals but I am not getting power.

EDIT: Nevermind got it to power on. It was something unrelated to the USB wiring.

Black and Yellow are both GND in the TE2+

• ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 60
    Anywhere a guy can still purchase a TE2+ EZ Mod @Jasen Hicks ? I've looked at Arcade Shock and PAS, but no luck. I've got a UFB, so looking for one with or without the UFB, starting to get hard to get the Jasen's Customs goods !
    ykd wrote: »
    Anywhere a guy can still purchase a TE2+ EZ Mod @Jasen Hicks ? I've looked at Arcade Shock and PAS, but no luck. I've got a UFB, so looking for one with or without the UFB, starting to get hard to get the Jasen's Customs goods !

ArcadeShock is the only vendor with the TE2+ EZ MOD; I believe they have chosen to sell it as a package with the UFB only. I would recommend contacting them directly via their website.

Jasen

• ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 60
    ykd wrote: »

ArcadeShock is the only vendor with the TE2+ EZ MOD; I believe they have chosen to sell it as a package with the UFB only. I would recommend contacting them directly via their website.

Jasen

Just as you said that Jasen, they just got a new shipment in for them. I ordered the set. Quick question. The touchpad ribbon that comes with the TE2+, would you know the name of that kind of ribbon, I need to get a replacement.
    Thanks guys !
    Its an FFC 7 pin.

• ragingcyclonusragingcyclonus Joined: Posts: 32
    Its an FFC 7 pin.

Now I can wire up my touch pad :p
    Madcatz TES+ (Brook PS4+audio)
    SFV/ST: Ryu
  • Exedore4970Exedore4970 When in doubt, I Sonic Boom! Joined: Posts: 4
    Asked already in the Q&A general thread, but maybe I have more chance to get a response here:

I’ve recently received as a present a Brook Universal Fightboard and I haven’t installed yet.
    Since I’m thinking to use it with my PS4 TE2 Fightstick, I’ve ordered from Paradise Arcade Shop an EZ Mod.

The UFB model I own doesn’t feature headers, as can be seen in the following picture:

2zgccjn.png

Now I’m planning to buy separately and to solder some headers in order to make my Board like the next one:

xdto5w.png

Can you please suggest me wich type of headers and how many I will need? And where to buy as well?

Thank you very much in advice for your attention.
    The EZ MOD Kit comes with them.

• LoudGoatLoudGoat Joined: Posts: 1
    edited October 12
    First off, thanks for such an outstandingly helpful product! I'm refurbishing/resurrecting a PS4 TE2+ that had a bum PCB, and I couldn't have done it without the EZ Mod.

Anyhoo… I've gotten the EZ Mod and Brook UFB installed in my case, and all the appropriate LEDs are lit/flashing on the circuit boards, and I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up in the appropriate fashion between them. When I plug the USB cable into my PS4, I get the keen Knight Rider effect on the left bank of LEDs, and the Player LEDs cycle through their paces as expected. The stick gets recognized as player 1, the PS button does what it should, the joystick registers in all 8 directions, and 1P through 4K all register without a hitch.

However, the Player LEDs go dark after that opening cycle, and don't light up as described on the opening page of this thread.

Also, the LS-DP-RS selector seems to be permanently set to DP, which isn't all that big of a deal, since, y'know, the stick isn't analog. Just wanted to check and see if that's normal.

I've linked to a couple of pics showing my boards and the connections made to them. Is there anything that stands out here as incorrect? I'd hate to think that there's something wrong with either of my boards right out of the box(es).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0pQTCCky8NdXpncGVyQ0ZISnc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0pQTCCky8NWWVicHpnUHJnek0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0pQTCCky8NQWtNNHIzSy1TeDg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0pQTCCky8NcXpxSVRYSUlicVk

Sorry for "noob'ing it up" so badly, but this is the first time I've tried to get in deep with the brains of a controller. Thanks for all the useful info in all the previous pages of this thread. WIthout it, I'd still be eyeballing another stick instead of tinkering with this one.
    Post edited by LoudGoat on
  • S-LaughterS-Laughter Joined: Posts: 342
    I just installed ez mod + brooks combo and when I plug my controller in it makes the USB connection sound on my computer, and then immediately makes the USB disconnect sound. The controller appears to still be working, is this how it is supposed to work?
    < SF5 - Steam zentooshi - CFN Shosuko - PS4 S-Laughter - CFN Rainbo-nana-Mika >
12346»