Japanese 3rd Strike Players Index

TheShendTheShend Sean Powa!Joined: Posts: 766
Over the past year or so I've compiled a list of Japanese player names with English translations, so when new match videos come out I can work out who's who and label the video accordingly.

I can't translate in any language and use the fairly limited Google Language Tool. However a fair few people have helped in a major way to develop this list properly and I wish to write them some thanks.

A BIG THANK YOU for your sterling work, time and effort for helping with translations :tup:

Ghibli Cat | MrBrooks | JStarLee | Crunch | ESN | TheSecondL | Logos | oj simpson

Also, I'd like to thank Jida for continually being on the look out for new players for the list. :tup:

All new names will be added separate, at the top until a translation is made.

I've organised it so that someone who doesn't read Japanese can logically go through the list quickly and easily to find a name.
So firstly the players are grouped by the character they use alphabetically, so Alex, Chun Li, Dudley etc. Within that group players with the smallest number of Japanese characters are first and players with the most last.
Players who use more than one character will have their name included in those groups as well.

To quick search this list use the 'Find' function on your browser e.g. Ctl+F in Explorer. Firefox etc. and type in the name or paste the Japanese in. If it's here it'll highlight it. If not let me know so I can add it to the top for a translation.

The main point to this list was to give an index of Japanese names as a reference point rather than a list of all known Japanese players. However, to avoid obvious omissions like RX, TM etc. I've decided to now include English names as people might not be aware they exist and seeing as some of them are excellent players it would be a shame to omit them as you may want to look up their matches for research/entertainment etc.

Hopefully this will prove useful and if you spot any inaccuracies then please let me know.

New Names:

See latest post.
Japanese 3rd Strike Players Index
3S Players Index | Video Archive | theshend
Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

Comments

• kin3tixkin3tix Joined: Posts: 1,205
    Wow. Thanks for compiling something like this, you and this thread rock.
    III. Fujr.
  • CrunchCrunch young fresh to def Joined: Posts: 70
    Props for the list, that's really awesome. Here's the names you need added to your list.

Kuroda = ???, Teruchika = ????, Chonto = ????, Kiyomatsu = ????
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hossy for Ibuki
    RX for Urien
    KO for Yun
    Jiro for Gouki

Unless if you had a reason for leaving them out....add them bitches!
  • SdoubleSdouble Psycho Power Joined: Posts: 707
    TM for Q
    Watch him beast Ohnuki, fucking ohnuki dammit.

Want to play: Salt Fighter, Darkstalkers 3 and other 2d capcom jank.

Check out my ebay store for Darkstalkers, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur Fighting Game cards with art by Udon Studios, IFS etc. I carry tons more nerdy collectibles as well!

http://stores.ebay.com/Scotts-Collectibles-and-Cards

"Keep it classy."
    -Dudley
    There's no reason to suggest players whose names are already displayed in english. :confused:
    III. Fujr.
  • ShunThanosShunThanos Kount Khocula Joined: Posts: 107
    Zangoefu for Alex

and KSK (though as it was pointed out, his name would be easily read by English speakers)
    Ballin' Thanos Av by DDD
  • Sex)packetsSex)packets the king is back! Joined: Posts: 453
    a lot of these names are already translated on the Gvision ranbats and hence no need to put those players. Any serious 3s watcher will already recognize these guys from the translations.

such as nuki, kokujin, tokido, etc.
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Sean P. is probably the only really good Sean player around.
    Also, where's J?
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • TheShendTheShend Sean Powa! Joined: Posts: 766
    Thanks for the those missing names Crunch, appreciated ^_^

Yeah, there's a ton of well known players and unknown's whose names are in english anyway so don't really need them in the list. Like RX, KO, Red, AFM, MDR, 3110 etc.

If you've the Japanese characters like Crunch then post them up and i'll edit them in. I've also included a small list at the bottom of the 1st post for names I did have the Japanese characters for but couldn't find them again after I lost the original list.

Cheers
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    ??? = Jiro
    Yuki Otoko is Yukio (i think)

???????J = Spellmaster J
    Yea, ESN, ??(GO) = Yuki Otoko, not Yukio

Here's the remaining translated names, TheShend.

? = Kun (DU)
    ???? = Sanyo (DU)
    ? = Monme (IB)
    ???? = Heboyan (UR)
    ???? = Hossy (IB)

If you need anymore just post em up. :D
    oh there's more at the bottom,

????? = Zangoefu (AL)

?? = Shirokuro (CH)
    ??? = Raoh (CH)
    ??? = Tokido (CH)

?? = Nakano (DU)
    ???? = Erotic Teacher (DU)
    ??? = Danna (DU)
    ???? = Dainama (DU)

??? = Hitotsume (KE)
    ??? = Misawa (KE)
    ???? (7-1) = Nanaichi (KE)
    ???? = Keeper (KE)

?? = Boss (MA) *also plays yang

?? = Uni (NE)

??? = Nihiro (UR)

???? = Goemon (YA)

???? = Kowappa (YU)
    ????? = Nitto (YU)
    ??? = Naoki (YU)
    ???? = Issay (YU)
    ??? = Ochibi (YU)
  • JidaJida Young Bison Face Joined: Posts: 731
    The cool thing about this is that you can search for Japanese Youtube videos by copy/pasting the kanjis in the search box.

EDIT: And another thing, ?? is another way to write Hirai.
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
  • Makoto36Makoto36 Joined: Posts: 118
    You have to add J and Izu uner Makoto.
    Aruka is also written in katakana: ???
    Absolutely incredible effort on those names Crunch and ESN, I really didn't expect them to be done quite that fast :looney: :tup:

I can go back to my YouTube videos now and update them completely :lovin:

One question though, I thought I had Heboyan's already but I see to have two now. Would you be able to tell me which is correct and what the other means, or are they the same thing?

???? = Heboyan
    ???? = Heboyan

Massive Cheers

TheShend
    ???? appears to be correct. looks like he got the name off an AA character from 2ch.
  • Acer1236Acer1236 ?! Joined: Posts: 623
    Ma Junior for Chun.
    <DS> we saved france from the nazis and we saved them from getting humiliated by japan. 2 for 2 in history
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Arugure (Alex)

Suzu (Chun)
    Takami (Chun)

Eda (Dudley)
    Benzo (Dudley)

Jyi (Ibuki)
    Xiao (Ibuki)
    Uramakigumo (Ibuki)

Muro (Ken)
    Naachan (Ken)

Otakara Getter (Makoto)
    Kanabun (Makoto)
    Haya (Makoto)

Hiyokko (Oro)

Kyosenshi (Q)
    Rumina (Q)
    Tetsugoshi (Q)

Koji (Urien)
    Yamada (Urien)

Meteor (Yang)

Sako (Yun)
    Matsuda (Yun)
    Aoniku (Yun)
    Akaniku@DQN (Yun)
    Shu (Yun)
    Takahiro (Yun)

Don't know any translations though. I recall hearing of a Necro player called Ozeking but I'm not sure.
    This message will self-destruct.
  • coreografocoreografo dd-younghou Joined: Posts: 682
    Don't know any translations though. I recall hearing of a Necro player called Ozeking but I'm not sure.

yes is true

-178 (dudley)
  • MajinRyuMajinRyu Denjin!!! Joined: Posts: 378
    you forgot:

Ken - Daigo
    Hugo - YSB
    Ryu - MMM
    Makoto - C13
    Q - TK
    SF3rd Strike - Ryu
    BB:CS - Jin
    SSF4 - Makoto
  • HenakiHenaki Joined: Posts: 2,661
    um daigo is usually written as umehara in moon speak

and the names already in english really don't need to be placed on the list.

the concept of putting english names on the list is still thoughtful, so people can go "whos a good player of x character" and find "KO" and "RX"
  • ekseks ♥ ♥ Joined: Posts: 1,172
    stickied. great resource, don't want this to get buried
    So for Daigo: ???? = Umehara (ken)
    ????? = Nacchan (Ken)
    ?? = Take (Remy)
    Shintarou (Yun) is also written in hiragana: ?????
    ???? = ? (something like Konitaa) (Necro)
    ?? = Junin (Akuma)
    ????? = Ma Junior (Chun)
    ?? = Dun (Dudley)
    ??? = Furuya (Makoto)
    ???? = Totsukasensei (Dudley)
    ???? = Tsucchie (Chun)
    ???? = Yakkun (Yun)
    ?? = Eda (Dudley)
    ?????? = Rythmax (Makoto)
    Thanks alot for those names ESN, i've worked them into the main list along with the names which need japanese text put forward by GajinBlaze.

Cheers everyone, including eks for the sticky :tup:
    OK, i've added a few more into list there that've cropped over the past week, including the amazingly named Dudley player Drillchin Pansy :lol:

So as it stands it's just the following that require japanese names:

Arugure (AL)

Suzu (CH)
    Chigen(CH)
    Takami (CH)
    Yokocchi(CH)

Benzo (DU)
    Masage (DU)

Migeera (HU)

Jyi (IB)
    Xiao (IB)
    Uramakigumo (IB)

Muro (KE)
    Yaoichi(KE)

Otakara Getter (MA)
    Kanabun (MA)
    Haya (MA)
    Tokinokun (MA)

Hiyokko (OR)
    Tomii (OR)
    Fume(OR)

Kyosenshi (Q)
    Rumina (Q)
    Tetsugoshi (Q)

Roo or Rou(UR)
    Araki(UR)
    Eiji (UR)
    Koji (UR)
    Shonen(UR)
    Yamada (UR)
    Tenkusashisuchimu (UR)

Meteor (YA)

Sako (YU)
    Matsuda (YU)
    Aoniku (YU)
    Akaniku@DQN (YU)
    Shu (YU)
    Takahiro (YU)

Big thanks again to MrBrooks on Edge-Forum as well as ESN and Crunch for the sterling work. Thank you.
  • RyadRyad Space Cowboy Joined: Posts: 920
    Chun Li: ?? = Rikimaru
    This chun li did incredibly in the last Gvision ranbat...
    who the hell unnecesarily red parries the second hit of a shippu...
    "El Niňo is spanish. It is the spanish word for child. Like all things spanish, it is dangerous" - Jeremy Lavine
  • thedude.comthedude.com Gedo Gang Goes Funky Joined: Posts: 3,018
    spell master j is the beast :rock:

chikyuu !! how could any one forget him ? he speaks english and the god father of low tier user in japan .

KSK ??? where is he ? the 1st alex user well known in japan .
    "A spirit of rage, instilled with compassion. A heart of darkness, faithful to virtue."

-Gedo High School Motto
    KSK ??? where is he ? the 1st alex user well known in japan .

He doens't need his name translated because it's always written in English.
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
    We need Kanji[/url] and the Kanji of [url= .
    -TheSix
  • MODMOD なん でも EZ Babay Joined: Posts: 833
    just out of curiosity, but why is roshihikari written in katakana? is that really a foreign word?
    DevilJin is on those certain pills
    3S: Yang
    KOFXII: Ralf, Kim, Duolon
    SF4: Blanka\Gouki
    AV by Master Chibi~
    In vid, there's a yellow/orange Elena. I stuck the kanji (????) in a translator and got "Family Bath" (ew). How do you pronounce that in Japanese?

=Bonus You (IB)
    ?=Sincerity (KE)
    ????=Hiyotosuko (OR)

??=Muro (KE)
    -TheSix
    In vid, there's a yellow/orange Elena. I stuck the kanji (????) in a translator and got "Family Bath" (ew). How do you pronounce that in Japanese?

=Bonus You (IB)
    ?=Sincerity (KE)
    ????=Hiyotosuko (OR)

??=Muro (KE)

???? is Kazokufuro
    ????? is actually Bonus-kun
    ? is Makoto (truth)
    ???? is Hiyokko
    Good shit. :tup:
    -TheSix
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    just out of curiosity, but why is roshihikari written in katakana? is that really a foreign word?

I was wondering the same thing about Umehara. I always see it written in Katakana, but isn't Daigo Japanese?
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Ibuki 12, Red (IB). Guess what color Red wears. :tup:

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• UltraDavidUltraDavid commenta..ttorney?? Joined: Posts: 6,053
    A few Twelve players you don't have on there are Pistachio, Moto, and (I believe) I Robot. Moto just goes by "Moto" in English, I Robot uses English "I" and then some symbol I don't understand that my friend said meant Robot, and Pistachio, I could write his name out in Japanese but I don't know where you guys are getting Japanese characters from. It's just in katakana.
    Your legal insider in entertainment and video games!
    www.dpgatlaw.com
    www.twitter.com/UltraDavid
    www.facebook.com/UltraDavidFB
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    A few Twelve players you don't have on there are Pistachio, Moto, and (I believe) I Robot. Moto just goes by "Moto" in English, I Robot uses English "I" and then some symbol I don't understand that my friend said meant Robot, and Pistachio, I could write his name out in Japanese but I don't know where you guys are getting Japanese characters from. It's just in katakana.

There's also another Twelve player named Easuto (was in a previous KSK ranbat). Uses the secret color.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

There's been a few new faces in the recent GVisions which is all good news ^_^

I'm about to upload the Shirube 2 Best Bout Selection 1 to 17 and there's few really good players with names I don't have. From bouts 1 to 9 there's an Oro with a single symbol which looks like 2 capital E's back to back and a white Dudley player who I 1st thought was Gong but the symbols don't quite match. I'll post the old skool vids up in the other thread later.

Cheers everyone for the new names as well, they're all getting edited in :tup:
    Gold/White dud = Danna, Oro = Tama.
    III. Fujr.
    Nanaichi is Seven-One. You don't need a name for that. Nana = Seven, Ichi = One.
    <DS> we saved france from the nazis and we saved them from getting humiliated by japan. 2 for 2 in history
    Nanaichi is Seven-One. You don't need a name for that. Nana = Seven, Ichi = One.
    I never see his name written other than katakana...
    I never see his name written other than katakana...

He was asking for the katakana name under the "names needed" list.
  • RUk[T]RUk[T] Joined: Posts: 138
    um daigo is usually written as umehara in moon speak

and the names already in english really don't need to be placed on the list.

the concept of putting english names on the list is still thoughtful, so people can go "whos a good player of x character" and find "KO" and "RX"

moon speak??? I've been taking japanese for 3 years and I've never heard anyone call katakana moon speak, though I'm not saying you're wrong in any way, I've just never heard of it.

daigo=umehara=????
    nanaichi=????
    There's been a few new faces in the recent GVisions which is all good news ^_^

I'm about to upload the Shirube 2 Best Bout Selection 1 to 17 and there's few really good players with names I don't have. From bouts 1 to 9 there's an Oro with a single symbol which looks like 2 capital E's back to back and a white Dudley player who I 1st thought was Gong but the symbols don't quite match. I'll post the old skool vids up in the other thread later.

Cheers everyone for the new names as well, they're all getting edited in :tup:

perhaps you're talking about inoue=???otherwise I'm not sure
    I was wondering the same thing about Umehara. I always see it written in Katakana, but isn't Daigo Japanese?

katakana words dont' necessarily have to be foreign words, they're used sometimes in certain situations and context when the word is a "out of normal context" or when you want to draw attention to that word. In this case, I think for ??????it's like saying I like the sound of this word, therefore I put it in katakana so you see it at face value rather than look for any kind of meaning.
    He was asking for the katakana name under the "names needed" list.
    Yes, and you gave correspondance with numbers, not katakana...
    RUk[T] wrote: »
    perhaps you're talking about inoue=???otherwise I'm not sure

2nd Match in is the Oro player, people have said it's Tama and even Tanna?