Japanese 3rd Strike Players Index

Comments

• TheShendTheShend Sean Powa! Joined: Posts: 766
    There's been a few new faces in the recent GVisions which is all good news ^_^

I'm about to upload the Shirube 2 Best Bout Selection 1 to 17 and there's few really good players with names I don't have. From bouts 1 to 9 there's an Oro with a single symbol which looks like 2 capital E's back to back and a white Dudley player who I 1st thought was Gong but the symbols don't quite match. I'll post the old skool vids up in the other thread later.

Cheers everyone for the new names as well, they're all getting edited in :tup:
    3S Players Index | Video Archive | theshend
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • kin3tixkin3tix Joined: Posts: 1,205
    Gold/White dud = Danna, Oro = Tama.
    III. Fujr.
  • Acer1236Acer1236 ?! Joined: Posts: 623
    Nanaichi is Seven-One. You don't need a name for that. Nana = Seven, Ichi = One.
    <DS> we saved france from the nazis and we saved them from getting humiliated by japan. 2 for 2 in history
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    Nanaichi is Seven-One. You don't need a name for that. Nana = Seven, Ichi = One.
    I never see his name written other than katakana...
    I never see his name written other than katakana...

He was asking for the katakana name under the "names needed" list.
    <DS> we saved france from the nazis and we saved them from getting humiliated by japan. 2 for 2 in history
  • RUk[T]RUk[T] Joined: Posts: 138
    um daigo is usually written as umehara in moon speak

and the names already in english really don't need to be placed on the list.

the concept of putting english names on the list is still thoughtful, so people can go "whos a good player of x character" and find "KO" and "RX"

moon speak??? I've been taking japanese for 3 years and I've never heard anyone call katakana moon speak, though I'm not saying you're wrong in any way, I've just never heard of it.

daigo=umehara=????
    nanaichi=????
    There's been a few new faces in the recent GVisions which is all good news ^_^

I'm about to upload the Shirube 2 Best Bout Selection 1 to 17 and there's few really good players with names I don't have. From bouts 1 to 9 there's an Oro with a single symbol which looks like 2 capital E's back to back and a white Dudley player who I 1st thought was Gong but the symbols don't quite match. I'll post the old skool vids up in the other thread later.

Cheers everyone for the new names as well, they're all getting edited in :tup:

perhaps you're talking about inoue=???otherwise I'm not sure
    I was wondering the same thing about Umehara. I always see it written in Katakana, but isn't Daigo Japanese?

katakana words dont' necessarily have to be foreign words, they're used sometimes in certain situations and context when the word is a "out of normal context" or when you want to draw attention to that word. In this case, I think for ??????it's like saying I like the sound of this word, therefore I put it in katakana so you see it at face value rather than look for any kind of meaning.
  • ESNESN 最初はぐう... Joined: Posts: 1,347
    He was asking for the katakana name under the "names needed" list.
    Yes, and you gave correspondance with numbers, not katakana...
    RUk[T] wrote: »
    perhaps you're talking about inoue=???otherwise I'm not sure

2nd Match in is the Oro player, people have said it's Tama and even Tanna?
    Yes, and you gave correspondance with numbers, not katakana...

Well if you thought about it, Seven-One (i.e. Nana and ichi), compose of Nanaichi's name. Congrats, you made his name from numbers!

In summary, Nana + Ichi = Nanaichi = Seven-One. :wink:

Also, ??? = Match. I think that's his katakana name. ?? = Hanagasa which is Match's real name. I think in the SBO4 videos, Boss/Ochibi/Match registered with their real names (which were the ones displayed).
  • JidaJida Young Bison Face Joined: Posts: 731
    ?? = Tada (GO)

(I think)
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
  • Azure DragonAzure Dragon Shen Joined: Posts: 76
    ???? = Dainama (GO)

?? = Eru (Might just be Engrish for "L") (KE)
    I wish there was more footage of boss at sbo4, I wanna see his mak, can't find them on youtube =[
  • Capn SpankyCapn Spanky Bullet Billpocalypse Joined: Posts: 1,795
    Quick/Scrubby question, is KO the best Yun in the World?
    Quick/Scrubby question, is KO the best Yun in the World?

That can't really be determined. 3s is very random and a loss/win isn't necessarily any indication of skill. K.O's fantastic, but he's not unbeatable. He does seem a but more consistent and omnipresent than other Yuns, though.
    ......im sure it's been stated already; but you niggas gay. If you wouldn't hit that, you are riding some black cock right now.
    -TheSix
  • AQUA-PURAAQUA-PURA @theasianloner Joined: Posts: 1,634
    there needs to be an american one of this thread
    "DingDangDoom... BITCH MAKE ROOM!" - DDD
    The names are here so that they can be translated. We don't need a list of English-named 3s players because we already understand English.
    -TheSix
  • GhibliCatGhibliCat Drearily dreaming Joined: Posts: 1,098
    RUk[T] wrote: »
    I wish there was more footage of boss at sbo4, I wanna see his mak, can't find them on youtube =[

Actually, Boss's makoto doesn't make an appearance until the final four, if you didn't know.

This thread is pretty beefy, Shend. I'll help you out by throwing up some names I'm familiar with from the cooperation cups.

??? = Xiao. Purple Ibuki ftw!
    ???? = Chemuru. Crazy black makoto.
    ??? = Choko. Black color dudley, not well known, but seen him fair well against some big names.
    ???? = Lemon. Black color Urien.

Hope that helps, I'll put up a bunch more later.
    Many thanks to Azure Dragon, Jida and yourself Ghiblicat, the list has been updated ^_^

This has a lot of Japanese at the beginning with the names Juupen(RY), Sanyoo(DU) and PJo(AL) being provided in a comment. As there's the Japanese there can anyone provide the same writing on here in a post so I can include it into the list proper?

Big thanks again to everyone providing help and names :tup:
    Small update.

The list in the 1st post contains a constantly renewed list of names that require either translation or the japanese characters to be then fitted into the main list.

I've been informed that trying to create a Japanese name from an English name (even one which has already been translated), isn't easy or is likely to not be completely accurate. So what i've done to help things is to include a link to a match video where their Japanese name appears, which can then be easily read, replicated and then posted on the board.
    There are names which contain no links because none have come up when searching my channel, if you're aware of match video which displays the name then let me know so I can edit the name to include the link.

Bizarrely when I went through the names I actually had the Japanese for a few names that didn't produce anthing last time I searched. Weird. There's one or two additions as well like Coffee the Remy player.

Many thanks to those that have helped, both here and on YouTube with comments.
  • CrunchCrunch young fresh to def Joined: Posts: 70
    Here's the ones from the videos, some of them didn't match with which characters were shown during the matches so I skipped those too. There's a couple that aren't in your list but you had ??? beside in your youtube descriptions. I tried to get most of those. It's definitely easier getting the names from videos though. :tup:

Arugure = ???? (AL)
    PJo = P? (AL)

Suzu = ? (CH)
    Takami = ??? (CH)

Benzo = ??? (DU)
    Sanyoo = ???? (DU)
    Kin = ?? (DU)
    Yoshida = ??? (DU)

Teppe = ???? (EL)

M8.5 Andre = M8.5???? (HU)

Jii = ?? (IB)
    Uramakigumo = ???? (IB)

Tarui = ??? (KE)
    Pyonibi = ???? (KE)
    Takuro = ???? (KE)
    Yaoichi = ??? (KE)
    Kashi = ?? (KE)
    2D God Mago = 2D??? (KE)

Haya = ?? (MA)
    Ni-ya =???? (MA)
    Jasmine = ????? (MA)
    Otakara Getter = ?????? (MA)

Lumina = ??? (Q)

Coffee = ???? (RE)

Juupe = ??? (RY)

King = ??? (NE)

Rou = ?? (UR)
    Koji = ??? (UR)
    Yamada = ?? (UR)

Okiwara = ?? (YA)
    Meteor = ??? (YA)

Aoniku = ?? (YU)
    Akaniku@DQN = ?????? (YU)
    Shu = ? (YU)
    Takahiro = ???? (YU)
    :tup: x 100000

Massive thanks there Crunch, you're a Legend.

I'll start going through the whole channel now and fixing all the ??'s names etc.
  • PhastestpigPhastestpig Joined: Posts: 225
    Mov?
    #TOSF

Toronto 3S Ranbat
    http://orbitranbat.blogspot.com/
    -TheSix
    Actually, I noticed that in SBO3, MOV was put down as ?????? as seen in this vid: . Maybe someone can translate or clarify that better?

Here's another list of names, mostly from the co-op cups.

???? = Kenzo, more commonly known as KO, but his name occasionally comes us as this, maybe that should be included. Plays Yang in the recent gvision ranbat.

????? = Onanism (blue Urien often seen teaming up with Spellmaster J)
    ??? = Yukino (Chun-li)
    ?? = Meta (Plays as Ken in the recent gvision ranbat, but beasted it with Chun in coop-cup 2)

??? = Sekido (Yang)
    ???? = Hayaban (Ken)
    ????? = Francy (Makoto)
    ??? or ??? = Pledge (Yang)
    ????? = Pistachio(Twelve)
    ?? = Chikyuu(Twelve & Necro)
    Cheers GhibliCat, all have been put into the list.

I've come across a few more from the GVision SBO3 Qualifiers but i'll wait until i've done the SBO4 Qualifier and POst SBO4 GVision Tourney before I do.

Many thanks again to everyone :tup:
  • ZenFireZenFire Makoto: 3S only Joined: Posts: 956
    There's an Elena player in 20060505kouyasai06.wmv shows up at 2:14. I believe he's not up there yet.
    Forever mediocre
  • FACENCFACENC Serious Business Joined: Posts: 1,096
    I posted this on your YouTube account Shend, but I thought I would throw it out here as well.

Does Rikimaru = Tokido? They both play the same color Chun and I could have sworn I heard the announcer saying Tokido's name at the end of Uni vs. Rikimaru on the 2nd half of the Kanagawa videos. I also heard it during his match vs. Yoshida a bit.
  • CrunchCrunch young fresh to def Joined: Posts: 70
    Actually, I noticed that in SBO3, MOV was put down as ?????? (that first character I guessed on, I'm not too sure of it) as seen in this

The correct kanji is ??, probably pronounced Shibuya
    Shirubito needs a kanji.
    -TheSix
  • FACENCFACENC Serious Business Joined: Posts: 1,096
    I doubt Shirubito is Japanese. If you look at that user's other videos, they're mostly French players.
    I doubt Shirubito is Japanese. If you look at that user's other videos, they're mostly French players.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    -TheSix
    A few names that were in the SBO3 GVision Arcade Qualifiers.

• BiolinkBiolink Shenmue 3 will come Joined: Posts: 4,364
    As far as rankings why doesn't Nitto get as much respect as KO?From memory it seems like Nitto has won more big tournaments
    Eleventh Satanic Rule of Earth
    XI:
    "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."
  • Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ イタリアの強大なユリアン Joined: Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    As far as rankings why doesn't Nitto get as much respect as KO?From memory it seems like Nitto has won more big tournaments

KO gets much praise because is has always been there since 1999, because he is beastly with several characters, and because people who play him all say that he is on a skill level above of even other top-players

But I don't think Nitto doesn't get much respect, he's definitely regarded as one of the best 3s players ever and he was king of 2006 winning both SBO and EVO
    gooby plz
    More names!

Many thanks again for all the help.
    First off, I'd like to apologize for the video quality (not that it's my fault), it makes the Kanji difficult to read. In this vid I can't identify the Yellow Ken, Red Yun, White Yun or Gouki. I'll probably edit this post with more unidentified people.

EDIT: Nevermind. There are so many names...just check out the guys vids/profile for more info.
    -TheSix
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtgiG1dGfMQ&mode=related&search=

It starts at 2:48 (do you seriously wanna skip the match before it?).
    -TheSix
    Here you go, I?ll just list off all the teams to avoid any confusion and I?ll only be giving the kanji for the ones that I think haven?t been done yet. BTW, there are two archived threads that I use for reference that are a big help in pointing out the names:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/archive/index.php/t-76369.html
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/archive/index.php/t-60126.html

In order of appearance from that scrolling list in the vid (Maybe I?ll do the team names later):

Team 1:
    Ayu (Chun-li) = ??
    Danna (Dudley) = ???
    Kanimajin (Alex) = ?????
    Ochibi (Yun) = ???
    Masaki (Chun-li) = ???

Team 2:
    J (Makoto)
    KO (Yun)
    Boss (Yang)
    Hitotsume (Ken)
    Ryo-chin (Remy)

Team 3:
    Tottomu (Gouki) =???
    Pledge (Yang)
    Meta (Chun)
    Tsubo (Yun) =??
    Nagano (Ken) = ???

Team 4:
    FAQ (Q)
    Eroho (Hugo) =???
    Yamamoto (Hugo) = ? ??? (Can?t make out the last three kanji)
    Gottsu (Oro) = ???
    Hiro (Chun-li) = ??

Team 5:
    AFM (Chun)
    Spellmaster J (Ken)
    Onanism (Urien)
    Erotic Teacher Okumoto (Dudley) =????????
    Hentai Ou Inoue (Urien) = ?? ????? (Can?t make out the first two kanji)

Team 6:
    Nuki (Chun)
    Xiao (Ibuki)
    Match (Gouki)
    Joe (Ken)
    Tokido (Urien)

Team 7:
    Chemuru (Makoto)
    OJI (Yun)
    Hama (Ken) = ?
    Tama (Oro) = ?
    Yukino (Chun)

Team 8 ? OKRD:
    Georgia (Ryu) *(Better known playing as Ken)
    ofc (Gouki)
    Fujiwara (Dudley)
    OK (Ryu)
    Pistachio (Twelve)

Team 9:
    Hirone (Gouki) *(The kanji is hard to read from the vid, but I think this is the Ken player Hirone, although the other page says Hikone ? maybe a typo?)
    Hayao (Hugo)
    Kunihiro (Urien) = ????
    Deku (Yun) = ??
    Washimi (Ken) = ? ? (Can't make out the first kanji)

Team 10:
    BAB (Urien)
    Kuni (Oro) = ??
    Gohan (Oro) = ???
    Choko (Dudley)
    Oldman (Makoto) = ??????

Team 11:
    Riki (Q) = ??
    Nitto (Yun)
    Remyou (Remy) = ???
    Ikeda (Urien) = ???
    Suteki (Dudley) =???

Team 12:
    ZON (Chun)
    178 (Dudley)
    Nomoto (Gouki) = ? (Can?t make out the single character they use)
    Ruu (Yun) *(Better known playing as Ryu)
    DeshikenKFG (Ken)

Sorry about the monster post, Shend :sweat: . I'll do those names you requested soon.