Injustice 2 General

14567810»

Comments

• Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    So I'm watching some more of the Raiden videos being put out. His damage output with his trait is pretty nuts, going into high 480's to 500 with a bar. Even with just a bar, people have been improving his bnb's to consistently get like close to 400.

Considering he still has his incredibly fast six frame high and can combo out of his d1, these are all good traits, regardless of whether or not his actual high/low is any good.
    I would say that Black Adam is proof that you don't need an amazing mixup to be a pretty solid character. At this point I'm mostly curious about what his [Raiden] D2 looks like and what his air normals can do. I wish NRS would announce a PS4 release date for the character given that he's already available on Xbone.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • KingHippo42KingHippo42 Da King Joined: Posts: 1,231
    His d2 is a 9 frame straight uppercut that looks pretty good. In trait, it becomes very similar to an mkx uppercut with the high bounce and chunk of damage.

His air normals appear to be similar to Sub, where the j3 is an incredibly fast normal with crossup potential and the others are not as fast but solid.
    Injustice: Deathstroke
    His d2 is a 9 frame straight uppercut that looks pretty good. In trait, it becomes very similar to an mkx uppercut with the high bounce and chunk of damage.

His air normals appear to be similar to Sub, where the j3 is an incredibly fast normal with crossup potential and the others are not as fast but solid.
    Based on some brief reading up it seems like one of the main benefits of his trait is the amount of meter he builds while it's up off of certain strings and specials. Could be interesting. Also looks to have a relatively short cooldown.
    House of Bane
    Seems like his trait making vicinity blast a full on b3 launcher is also incredibly powerful
    Seems like his trait making vicinity blast a full on b3 launcher is also incredibly powerful
    Interesting. I guess (according to the stream) we'll find out Tuesday what his deal is. Here's hoping he's better than Sub-Zero.
    House of Bane
    My guess is it'll depend on how well he can convert in certain situations. We already know EN Vicinity Blast is safe on block, so if that move is good to throw out and Raiden builds a lot of meter, it may bode well for converting and pushing to the corner. Activating trait to get his more varied teleports will probably also help against zoners a lot.
    My guess is it'll depend on how well he can convert in certain situations. We already know EN Vicinity Blast is safe on block, so if that move is good to throw out and Raiden builds a lot of meter, it may bode well for converting and pushing to the corner. Activating trait to get his more varied teleports will probably also help against zoners a lot.
    I think I saw that his trait is 1f startup but 37f (?) recovery. That might not be good enough to pop in neutral against some zoners.
    House of Bane
    I'm sure if you do it as a reversal against most fireballs it will be perfectly fine. Hell, it might activate even on a trade, which would be gravy.
    I'm sure if you do it as a reversal against most fireballs it will be perfectly fine. Hell, it might activate even on a trade, which would be gravy.
    I think that either one of those would work fine...which would, as best as I can tell, make it substantially better against projectiles than Grodds trait. -_-
    House of Bane
    House of Bane
    Pretty sure that's how it has always been. I remember Martian orbs and the like staying after the round. Obviously that's a pretty unique situation, but the precedent is there. Neat.
    Pretty sure that's how it has always been. I remember Martian orbs and the like staying after the round. Obviously that's a pretty unique situation, but the precedent is there. Neat.
    Really? As far as I know the only analogous move in the game before this (Dr. Fate MB Orb) doesn't share this behavior. Whether it's intended or not I don't think it's game-breaking.
    House of Bane
    Well, I would say a more analogous move would be a move like Kung Lao's Orbital Hat in MKX, which could be held and thrown, and it would stay after rounds. Moving projectiles don't seem to follow the round-end dissipating.
    Well, I would say a more analogous move would be a move like Kung Lao's Orbital Hat in MKX, which could be held and thrown, and it would stay after rounds. Moving projectiles don't seem to follow the round-end dissipating.
    So then the closest things would be what? Green Lantern's slow shot attack? Starfire MB Orb? Can Braniac hold down trait in between rounds?
    House of Bane
    Starfire Orb is probably a good one. Few things move as slow as Raiden's projectile.
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
    Starfire Orb is probably a good one. Few things move as slow as Raiden's projectile.
    I'll try and test that out next time I have access to other human beings to play with; i.e. tomorrow.
    appomo wrote: »
    Atom Trailer
    He looks interesting though the still that's used as the thumbnail for the video makes me sad. You should not have to tell people that an internet connection is required to access DLC. -_-

House of Bane
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    Atom looks sick
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    So, I realized that I forgot to post the testing results. Namely, nothing really emulates Raidens lightning ball. Either the projectile doesn't behave similarly OR it moves to quickly to tell if it behaves similarly.
    House of Bane
    Score one for the Thunder God!

I'm looking at Firestorm now. Definitely strikes me as, at a minimum, a jack-of-all trades character, although that fireball he has really is quite spectacular. It's the same startup and near the same travel speed as Deadshot's Wrist Cannon, although a little bit more recovery. I don't think his midscreen presence is quite as good as Deadshot, but he is pretty decent up close with the safe burst always building him meter.

His anti-air is an oft stated weakness, and I'll need some more offline xp, but in my brief foray, it is his d2 that is not so good, but his standing 1 and standing 3 and burst all work to a degree. Definitely not as simple as, say, BA or Aquaman, but it seems to function. I don't think he's super top or anything, but he seems pretty well rounded, especially the unique way he can handle zoning with his super fast fireball and damage reduction special and trait getting him health back (Though I do think in a general sense, the trait is pretty underwhelming)
    Score one for the Thunder God!

I'm looking at Firestorm now. Definitely strikes me as, at a minimum, a jack-of-all trades character, although that fireball he has really is quite spectacular. It's the same startup and near the same travel speed as Deadshot's Wrist Cannon, although a little bit more recovery. I don't think his midscreen presence is quite as good as Deadshot, but he is pretty decent up close with the safe burst always building him meter.

His anti-air is an oft stated weakness, and I'll need some more offline xp, but in my brief foray, it is his d2 that is not so good, but his standing 1 and standing 3 and burst all work to a degree. Definitely not as simple as, say, BA or Aquaman, but it seems to function. I don't think he's super top or anything, but he seems pretty well rounded, especially the unique way he can handle zoning with his super fast fireball and damage reduction special and trait getting him health back (Though I do think in a general sense, the trait is pretty underwhelming)
    I agree with your assessment of Firestorm. One thing I think that you might have some difficulty with is that I don't think his trait is very good. It takes a long time to charge and there are a number of system mechanics that can undermine its duration. That alone IMO separates him from some of the other characters you mention (Deadshot, BA, etc.) who ALL have highly useful traits.
    House of Bane
    Yeah, I have found that unless I'm landing throws or using fireball a lot, the trait is really only useful once in some matches. Granted, lvl. 3 trait is pretty strong, but it's very brief. I usually use it mid combo and use the insane hit adv of his molten trap in lvl. 3 to force a very hard to see j3 crossup or not. If I'm just kind of zoning, I'll just pop it since I'm gaining health back and and super amplified in zoning.

Against hard zoners ala Deadshot and Fate I think lvl. 1 and 2 have their place since, combined with his damage reduction move, you can heavily outdamage them with his really fast fireball and molten trap, but that's the only thing I've found.
    Yeah, I have found that unless I'm landing throws or using fireball a lot, the trait is really only useful once in some matches. Granted, lvl. 3 trait is pretty strong, but it's very brief. I usually use it mid combo and use the insane hit adv of his molten trap in lvl. 3 to force a very hard to see j3 crossup or not. If I'm just kind of zoning, I'll just pop it since I'm gaining health back and and super amplified in zoning.

Against hard zoners ala Deadshot and Fate I think lvl. 1 and 2 have their place since, combined with his damage reduction move, you can heavily outdamage them with his really fast fireball and molten trap, but that's the only thing I've found.
    Am I wrong in thinking that Firestorm is one of the characters most dicked by how traits get handled during cinematics (clash, transition, etc.)? I'm also curious on your thoughts about how he does vs. Deadshot and Fate as it would seem like he does OK against the latter but that low Rifle would make the former kind of a pain.
    House of Bane
    Yeah I would say other than Bane, he probably take it hardest since his trait fully goes back to lvl. 1. At least he doesn't take extra damage and get really slow and do no damage when that happens lol

The nice thing about Firestorm is while, again, they're not the best versions of tools that other characters have, he still has them. I'm referring to his air dash and an air special; it makes jumping low rifle shots that are then changed to MB easier to avoid since you can airdash and then use his Trailblazer move to zoom past DS and potentially punish, although that's probably unlikely.

A nice thing about Firestorm vs zoners is that if you use his damage reduction special, the chip is minimized too. Fate's bolts do something like 1.50 percent chip and DS very similar with his mid shots. Considering he way outdamages both characters, it's nice that as he moves into a range where his Molten shots become a threat, he takes very little damage (potentially less so with trait up, since he heals during it). If you happen to trade with Molten shot, he can combo out of them too, so sometimes it can be really dangerous to trade with him. Even without that, his normal fireball outdamages both characters' main projectile, so if he can steal a life lead it can be maintained even with chip.

I don't think either match is particularly easy, but considering those characters have designs that can absolutely shut out some characters, Firestorm doesn't have it that bad.
    Yeah I would say other than Bane, he probably take it hardest since his trait fully goes back to lvl. 1. At least he doesn't take extra damage and get really slow and do no damage when that happens lol
    Bane only really get's boned when two or more cinematics happen in quick succession and he was on lvl. 3 cooldown. I mean when that happens Bane probably loses but otherwise having the counter reset isn't that bad and most Banes don't juice up to lvl. 3 unless it's going to kill.
    The nice thing about Firestorm is while, again, they're not the best versions of tools that other characters have, he still has them. I'm referring to his air dash and an air special; it makes jumping low rifle shots that are then changed to MB easier to avoid since you can airdash and then use his Trailblazer move to zoom past DS and potentially punish, although that's probably unlikely.

A nice thing about Firestorm vs zoners is that if you use his damage reduction special, the chip is minimized too. Fate's bolts do something like 1.50 percent chip and DS very similar with his mid shots. Considering he way outdamages both characters, it's nice that as he moves into a range where his Molten shots become a threat, he takes very little damage (potentially less so with trait up, since he heals during it). If you happen to trade with Molten shot, he can combo out of them too, so sometimes it can be really dangerous to trade with him. Even without that, his normal fireball outdamages both characters' main projectile, so if he can steal a life lead it can be maintained even with chip.

I don't think either match is particularly easy, but considering those characters have designs that can absolutely shut out some characters, Firestorm doesn't have it that bad.
    Yeah, it seems like most situations trading is going to go in favor of Firestorm were either he comes out ahead on damage OR they've wasted meter for nothing. It's actually forcing the trades that's hard.

I wish there were more decent Dr. Fate and Deadshot players out there. It's really sad. I've had, over the last couple of days, multiple players were it was clear that one of those characters were their main switch to another character against me. Protip: If you're losing as Dr. Fate or Deadshot against Scarecrow so badly that you feel the need to switch characters then maybe fighting games just aren't your thing.

I also wish we had a release date for Hellboy. :frowning:
    House of Bane
    Usually they announce a release date at the end of the month, and then it's very soon after that. Like Raiden was announced end of September and came out the first week of October.
    Usually they announce a release date at the end of the month, and then it's very soon after that. Like Raiden was announced end of September and came out the first week of October.
    I am aware of their schedule. I am also not super patient. My thoughts on waiting for new, interesting characters (i.e. not Raiden or Sub-Zero):

House of Bane
14567810»