Injustice 2 General

Comments

• GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 888
    I got into the first Injustice a few months ago. I liked it a lot and I think I2 is going to be great.
    Injustice 2 - Wonder Woman, Joker
    Boring, stale, predictable FGs - Cammy, Kuma, whatever yawn zzzzz
  • HarleyBenistaHarleyBenista Joined: Posts: 31
    I got into the first Injustice after the game was dead. I don't really like the way that game is setup. We'll see though, maybe I'll pick it up anyway since everyone is hyped about it and there will be people to play against. I'm a fighting game fan before most things.

We share same thoughts. But I liked the first game!
    Greenwood wrote: »
    I got into the first Injustice a few months ago. I liked it a lot and I think I2 is going to be great.

Yup!
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,531
    Looks like paradise after the dumpster fire that Street Fighter V was/is.
    I'll give it a fair shot when it comes out.
    Also got myself Injustice 1 but rarely get to play it since Persona 5 eats away at my time.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    im interested in it but i aint gonna buy it. I'll wait for a friend to get it so i'll play it
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 56,857 mod
    I think it's going to have Scorpion

I also think I'm not going to play it because I just don't like NRS games

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument "It's the ULTIMATE REAL FICTION!" Joined: Posts: 1,830
    Overly excited for Deadshot.

Please don't be F.A.N.G tier. I love zoners.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,409
    injustice is good :o
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 599
    edited May 5
    Fighter Pack 1 DLC characters revealed: Red Hood, Starfire and Sub Zero

"Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    Yeah, use up slots with characters from another game instead on the likes of Static. Never change NRS.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,314
    Who needs Static when you can get Raiden?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • UltimateChocolateUltimateChocolate Joined: Posts: 40
    i cant see shit
    "I push buttons and do combo, vape nation.." - Abraham Lincoln, 2020
    follow me on twitter
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,766 mod
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    red hood :)
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 482
    Now I wait Raven reveal.
  • TV Boy CantiTV Boy Canti Joined: Posts: 47
    Can anyone help me appreciate Injustice 2, and for that matter, Netherealm's fighters? The fighters I play the most are Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear, and something about modern mortal Kombat and Injustice feel so stiff to me.

I definitely feel the love that Netherealm's put into Injustice and its sequel, and appreciate their attitude that they want it to be tournament-grade serious business. Also, how does it play on a fightstick?
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,321
    The streamers on Twitch streaming Injustice 2 are so booty at the game. I need some high level play in my life.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,170 admin
    edited May 17
    Moved to the Injustice forum. :tup:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

A friend of mine has bought it and I guess I won't be buying it now =)
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 4,364
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,281
    Black Manta is interesting and I probably like Hellboy more than most (judging from the comments) but even when you know Raiden is coming it's still kind of disappointing. Like a Christmas sweater.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
    edited August 25
    Wow it only took a month for people to post here again.

Always thought Black Manta looked cool from the initial trailers. Raiden? Meh. That's all I got.

Ok Hellboy is cool too.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

to be fair, the whole section needs some love from a mod to unpin and clean a bit up the old stuff.
    kinda what happened in the tekken section.

@Froztey
    :bee:
    appomo wrote: »
    to be fair, the whole section needs some love from a mod to unpin and clean a bit up the old stuff.
    kinda what happened in the tekken section.

@Froztey
    :bee:
    That would be nice. @Froztey
    House of Bane
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    Sure thing, as soon as I get on my PC. Doing it over the mobile app causes my crappy android to have problems.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
  • FrozteyFroztey Break the Cuffs Joined: Posts: 9,430 mod
    edited September 4
    @Nobus3r1 tell me what you guys want stickied and I'll do it for you

I've stickied this and renamed it to the general, and as asked I cleaned up all of the old stickies. If you guys want anything else doing just @ me again, I never check this subforum out.
    UK Based, SFV - Kolin, Juri
    YouTube
    Twitch
    Froztey wrote: »
    @Nobus3r1 tell me what you guys want stickied and I'll do it for you

I've stickied this and renamed it to the general, and as asked I cleaned up all of the old stickies. If you guys want anything else doing just @ me again, I never check this subforum out.
    Cool and thanks @Froztey .
    I would say re-name this into 'Injustice 2 Event and Results Discussion'

An 'Injustice 2 Matchup Discussion' would be nice.

It might also help to delete or archive anything pertaining to Injustice 1.
    House of Bane
    So when are people going to talk about Injustice 2 in here? Other than Nobu

• amrraedamrraed Bombeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 4,526

What is Injustice 2 ?
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.

when the pc version got released :coffee:
    amrraed wrote: »

What is Injustice 2 ?

Some game with Batman in it.

when the pc version got released :coffee:

Well, can start kicking up the lawn chair and have a nice cool wait for it.

So a new patch just dropped (1.08 in case anyone is counting):
    • Two new shaders for everyone
    • A new Gear rarity - Legendary. Listed with a red banner instead of Epic's gold banner/Rare's blue banner/common's grey banner
    • Better Gear/inventory management, you can
      Sort Gear by rarity
      Favourite Gear
      Bulk mark by rarity
      Additional options include: excluding sets, augments, level, strength, ability, defense, health, combined stats and price all on a "less than x" variable
    • When opening mother boxes you can now equip Gear to your Loadout 1 straight from the mother box screen.
    • Ranked is now 3/5, now called "Ranked Sets" rather than just "Ranked"
    • Ranked leaderboards have been reset, go get 'em IIINCORRUPTIBLE
    • Player match is split into "Versus" and "Competitive Versus" now
      Competitive KOTH
    • Multiverse -
      Towers in character-specific miniverses (usually second from the right) now award Epic Gear for that character in every tower, not just the last one
      The last tower in character specific miniverses (one fight vs level 20 AI) now awards a Diamond Box and Epic Gear for a character rather than a Gold box

Character specific changes
    • Sub Zero
      33 whiffing issues fixed

House of Bane
    edited September 5
    did they reset the leaderboard because of the 3/5 change?
    what was it before?

Well, can start kicking up the lawn chair and have a nice cool wait for it.
    to be honest, i dont mind the wait time.
    gives me enough time to concentrate on t7 first and learn it before i add another game.

tried to do t7 and bb but its not working out at the moment...

• KingHippo42KingHippo42 Da King Joined: Posts: 1,231
    I hadn't noticed this forum since I mainly just browse SFV, but I'll talk in it if it means avoiding typical TYM discourse.

The patch is interesting; much like KI, there's typically bug fixes and such to characters who are just released, and Starfire seems no different. Her damage definitely came across as bugged, but the change to her d1 no longer comboing into a launcher is a decent nerf. I felt she was a pretty strong character but mildly lacking up close, and now it seems that she will gain that as a weakness even more. There's been a pretty consistent pattern to preserve weaknesses in the characters so I'm glad NRS is keeping along that route rather than previous games' mentality.
    Injustice: Deathstroke
    did they reset the leaderboard because of the 3/5 change?
    what was it before?
    Previous was FT1. As much as I like playing someone in a longer set and figuring them out I hate dealing with wi-fi bullshit even more so until there's a better filtering system in place the 3/5 probably isn't going to do much for me. That said, I am undefeated at the moment (3-0; :lol: ). What is nice though is that there is now a competitive mode player match option (i.e. sets that go as long as both people want and where I can self-select out all the wi-fi frauds).
    I hadn't noticed this forum since I mainly just browse SFV, but I'll talk in it if it means avoiding typical TYM discourse.
    I recently registered for TYM and am already kind of regretting that decision. Since you've been here about as long as I have hopefully this reference isn't lost on you but there are too many 'Cisco' type persons there to have a productive discussion on almost anything.
    The patch is interesting; much like KI, there's typically bug fixes and such to characters who are just released, and Starfire seems no different. Her damage definitely came across as bugged, but the change to her d1 no longer comboing into a launcher is a decent nerf. I felt she was a pretty strong character but mildly lacking up close, and now it seems that she will gain that as a weakness even more. There's been a pretty consistent pattern to preserve weaknesses in the characters so I'm glad NRS is keeping along that route rather than previous games' mentality.
    I don't feel like her combo damage was good for much more than whiny combo videos "proving" how OP she was despite her mix-up and normals being kind of meh. What was not addressed and what is still quit good is her chip damage.
    House of Bane
    edited September 6
    Nobus3r1 wrote: »
    I recently registered for TYM and am already kind of regretting that decision. Since you've been here about as long as I have hopefully this reference isn't lost on you but there are too many 'Cisco' type persons there to have a productive discussion on almost anything.

Wow, a deep cut from the UMVC3 General Discussion. Also incredibly spot on.

Nobus3r1 wrote: »
    I don't feel like her combo damage was good for much more than whiny combo videos "proving" how OP she was despite her mix-up and normals being kind of meh. What was not addressed and what is still quit good is her chip damage.

Combo damage wasn't crazy, but landing a MB f3 or b3 (Both of hers which are ridiculously good) was leading to 50+% for no reason. That felt buggy. I agree her chip damage is her best asset, and I would not have changed it at all. I think there are enough built-in checks to how it works to prevent it from dominating the game.

The Starfire talk is one of many things where it's like the discourse around her is incredibly hyperbolic for no reason other than morons on Twitter. And it's the usual suspects, so you know it's BS.

As I'm sure you're beginning to notice, the relative lack of experience in most of the NRS Scene's top players + most of them being literal children = terrible takes and talking points. Add to that the mid level being very, very bad, and you have what TYM is. It's an unfortunate state.

edited September 6
    From what I've known about NRS players a good bit of them are generally way too whiny and abrasive to bother conversating with. Plus they have issues with Evo/Mr.Wiz so a lot of them probably wouldn't bother posting here.

Which leaves you with posting on a site that traditionally doesn't care about talking about NRS games. Remember the MK9 thread being dead as a door nail after a couple months and can't remember how long there was even a relevant discussion for MKX. Especially with no PC version of the game I don't see how this thread will last with more than 1 or 2 people posting every once in a while. Can't just make a big comeback when a forum has gone through a whole month without anyone posting.

The other people I know that play/played IJ2 that have accounts here don't even post here.

edited September 6
    From what I've known about NRS players a good bit of them are generally way too whiny and abrasive to bother conversating with. Plus they have issues with Evo/Mr.Wiz so a lot of them probably wouldn't bother posting here.

Like I said, a lot of them are actual children/manchildren, so it's hard. My background is in Secondary Ed, so I know that they are not all formed in their brains to have rational opinions, but it still sucks.

Which leaves you with posting on a site that traditionally doesn't care about talking about NRS games. Remember the MK9 thread being dead as a door nail after a couple months and can't remember how long there was even a relevant discussion for MKX.

It's really hard to get around the bad first impression people have from like 6 years ago. People still bring up block infinites like they have existed post MK9. Doesn't help that in the age of Twitter, "Tech" posted with no context and no discussion of people's attempts to counter it leaves just the initial post as a cold fact.