Injustice 2 trailer

PJbottomsPJbottoms Joined: Posts: 55

Let's all hope they make the female faces look like females in this one so we don't have to hear all the chronic masturbators complain incessantly again. ;)

I just hope joker isn't trash tier this time around.

Comments

• Bubba_da_geniusBubba_da_genius Nerd, FGC Scrub, and Genius Joined: Posts: 841
    Static for Injustice 2 or riot
    I'm a Scrub who likes grapplers
    KoFXIV- Leona/Vice/King of Dinosaurs
    SFV- Zangief(Main)/Urien/Mika
    BBCF- Bullet(Main)/ Iron Tager

PSN/Fightcade =BubbaDaGenius
    Get scooped chump
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,372 mod
    Ummm meh

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    We are super excited to announce the latest installment of the Injustice franchise, Injustice 2, coming to Playstation 4 in 2017. As the sequel to 2013’s Injustice: Gods Among Us, we wanted to come out swinging. We’re doing all of the things you’d expect from a sequel. We’re adding new characters, new environments, and we’re taking environment destruction and interaction to the next level.
    But we didn’t want to stop there. At NetherRealm, we always want to make games that are fun, challenging and innovative. We strive to give players a level of control that makes playing our games a truly personal experience. For that reason, we have introduced a brand new Gear System, allowing players to build their own version of Superman, their Batman and ultimately, their Injustice Universe.

The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.

And of course we’re going to continue to tell the epic story of the Injustice Universe. When last we saw them, Superman was imprisoned in a Red Sun prison cell, while Batman was continuing the good fight against the forces that would see Superman’s tyranny back in power. Where do we go from here? And what new characters will join the fight? Of course you’ll have to play the game to find out. And we can’t wait for you to get your hands on this game. We’re excited to see your vision come to life on screen.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/08/injustice-2-revealed-coming-to-ps4-in-2017/

huh.
    Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,299
    edited June 2016
    Which pointless hero will they put in this time?
    Post edited by echelonNYK on
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 932
    PJbottoms wrote: »

Let's all hope they make the female faces look like females in this one so we don't have to hear all the chronic masturbators complain incessantly again. ;)

I just hope joker isn't trash tier this time around.

Eat-baby-gif.gif?gs=a

............ I'll wait for the real gameplay vids. One of my pet peeves after 20+ years of gaming is Trailers without actual gameplay.

" I'll stain my hands with your blood - Geese "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
  • Shiranui_ninjaShiranui_ninja Joined: Posts: 271
    This is really exciting. I can't wait to see how the game looks and how all this RPG stuff works.
    [-Mai / King / Mature / Ivy / Rachel / Nyotengu / Kitana / Ibuki-]
    The gear system sounds really lame to me

Get scooped chump
  • nfds_allwdnfds_allwd Joined: Posts: 521
    how will this rpg shit work for tournaments?
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,364
    Supergirl :heart:

Really hope the initial release cast isn't just 24 characters, that would be repetitive.
    edited June 2016
    They better have Vixen in this game

Vixen_JLoA4.jpg

• Shiranui_ninjaShiranui_ninja Joined: Posts: 271
    nfds_allwd wrote: »
    Well, I think we have 2 options for tournaments:
    a) Rules will only allow default characters
    b) this game won't be a competitive title for tournaments but only for casual online matches
    [-Mai / King / Mature / Ivy / Rachel / Nyotengu / Kitana / Ibuki-]
  • QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,121
    nfds_allwd wrote: »

It sounds like custom moves in Smash4.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 10,000
    Dead game
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited June 2016
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    They better have Vixen in this game

Vixen_JLoA4.jpg

I can't believe I agree with you on character taste. Vixen would be too sweet. Her and Black Canary

Get scooped chump
  • sheerasheera Joined: Posts: 59
    Brought to you by Stark Industries
    073109_tonystark.jpg
    Ya know what, Static, Black Canary, Darksied, Vixen, and Dr.Fate. there's my wishlist

Get scooped chump
  • JaxxxJaxxx Joined: Posts: 917
    NEW ED BOON INTERVIEW LINK
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/injustice-2-dc-comics-coo-ed-boon-reveal-game-secrets-20160608?page=2

Does Marvel's Kevin Feige play video games? (Honest question! I don't know the answer. That's why I'm asking!) If he does, it's awfully hard to tell. All the acclaim – and dollars – heaped upon the Marvel cinematic universe has not been accompanied by even one memorable video game. And it's doubtful that one is on the way: Disney, which owns Marvel, recently shuttered Disney Infinity along with the company's entire games division.
    Sidebar
    'No Man's Sky' from Hello Games generates its universe in real-time as players explore it.
    'Uncharted', 'No Man's Sky' and the Limits of the Limitless »

DC Comics, on the other hand, has a chief creative officer who is a dedicated gamer. Geoff Johns writes comic books like the new Rebirth, but he's also in charge of the creative work that goes into bringing characters like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to television, movie theaters, and video games. Last month, in the wake of the mixed reception for Batman v. Superman, Johns was given joint authority over a new division, DC Films.

And while DC may be playing catch up when it comes to cinematic universes, Marvel's big brother has been pummeling its younger and putatively cooler sibling in the world of interactive entertainment. Rocksteady's Arkham series boasts all of the the best superhero video games ever made. Telltale's episodic Batman series begins this summer. And now Injustice: Gods Among Us, the terrific fighting game from NetherRealm, the studio behind Mortal Kombat, is getting a sequel – Injustice 2 – that's expected to arrive early next year.

"I've always been a Halo guy," Johns says. "Obviously I love the Arkham games. I love Lego games. Even the Marvel Lego game, I'll admit I liked that." It's a sign of DC's video game dominance that Lego Marvel Super Heroes was developed by TT Games, one of the several game studios owned by Warner Bros., which also owns DC.

Johns, who is 43, owns an Xbox, a PlayStation and, more impressive, a Donkey Kong arcade cabinet that houses an emulator running hundreds of games. "It's got Ikari Warriors, 1942 – just about any game you could imagine from the 1980s through the 1990s," he says. "Burger Time, Pengo. I'm actually pretty good at Pengo."

In college, he would stay up until 4 a.m. playing Mortal Kombat II on his Super Nintendo. "When I was a kid, my dream would have been for them to do a DC fighting game," he says.

Now, of course, they have. Injustice was a surprise success for NetherRealm, DC and Warner Bros. The game was expected to do well on consoles, but it also spawned a mobile hit and a bestselling line of comic books. "The goals for the sequel," says NetherRealm creative director Ed Boon, "are to do something unexpected and long-term."

I'm not sure how unexpected it is now that he's telling us about it, but Boon's goal is to bring the ideas that have infused multiplayer shooters over the past several years – things like personalization, character creation, loot, leveling up – into a fighting game. "Kind of like what Destiny did with shooters," he explains.

Every character in Injustice 2 will have "a vast, vast array of what we're calling gear" – costume pieces and equipment that are used to upgrade your abilities – according to Boon. The superhero you start controlling at the beginning of the game won't have the same skills as the one you end with. Players will determine whether they want more speed, more health, more strength, and the like. "There are thousands and thousands of pieces for, let's say, the Flash," he says. "You are in the constant process of making your version of the Flash."

The plot for Injustice 2 will continue the storyline from the first game, a kind of Star Trek mirror universe in which Superman has become a tyrant in the name of world peace. Unlike Marvel, DC doesn't insist that all of its storylines intersect into a single "canon."

"DC has this great infinite multiverse concept," Boon says. "That allows us to do really creative stuff, and it doesn't break the DC lore."

Even so, video games have become such a large part of DC's identity that the games have begun to influence the movies and TV shows, rather than just the other way around. "To me, it's a giant creative cycle," Johns says. "You have comics that influence the games, and then Arkham influences the look of a show like Gotham. It just goes round and round and round." A character like Harley Quinn (the Joker's lover), Johns pointed out, was created for Batman: The Animated Series, then moved to comic books, then became part of the Arkham games, and now she's in this summer's Suicide Squad movie.

Some fans – I'm one – saw the influence of Arkham and Injustice on the visual style and even the plotting of Batman v. Superman. "Some of it's true, and some of it might be coincidence," Johns says. "But yeah, absolutely." At the same time, Johns cautions fans not to examine Injustice 2 for hints into the future of the DC extended universe. "They're separate completely," he explains.

Movies that look like video games were incomprehensible during Johns' 1970s and 1980s childhood, when he would spend his days playing Crystal Castles at Chuck E. Cheese, or at home with the blocky Atari 2600 adaptations of E.T. "I didn't mind it," he says. "It was just that he went so slow when you fell into one of those pits." And, naturally, Superman: "I loved that game."

"You know what I wish I had?" Johns says. "I wish I had a time machine, to go back in time with an Xbox and Injustice and show some kid, maybe myself, what the next Superman game could look like."
    edited June 2016
    LOOK CLOSELY....
    5a778a208c3e4e6161c16806941ee0fe.png
    For those who can't read it it says

"Alias: Captain Cold
    Origin: Central City, Earth
    Base of Operations: Central City
    Notes: Cryogenic Ability
    Marksmanship
    Natural Leader
    Tactical Analysis Statistician
    Elite Combat Strategist"
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,968
    edited June 2016
    OMG RPG elements really
    I might as well play DBZ xenoverse.....

Ok I may be over reacting but I'm not particular fond of these elements in my competitive games. For competitive sake standardizing stuff gong to be challenge, hell if they start talking about loads out then its going to be near impossible run stuff in timerly or convenient manner. I suspect since their expecting people to grind stuff..im also assuming base game play elements are going to be locked behind the grind process and I hate this.

I'll see where they go with this but if i don't likd the way its going I'm going to stick with injustice.
    tataki wrote: »
    keo-bas wrote: »
    OMG RPG elements really

Ok I may be over reacting but I'm particular fond of these elements in my competitive games. For competitive sake standardizing stuff gong to be challenge, hell if they start talking about loads out then its going to be near impossible run stuff in timerly or convenient manner. I suspect since their expecting people to grind stuff..im also assuming base game play elements are going to be locked behind the grind process and I hate this.

I'll see where they go with this but if i don't likd the way its going I'm going to stick with injustice.

Dude chill it's gonna have a competitive mode.

anything can be competitive even Wow is PvP is competitive but what I;m afraid of happening is how to standardize it which will no doubt cause splite with community. Not only that but Im also going to not liek if I have to grind stuff out just to play game to certain standards. Unlocking character is one thing but Game like this, that have the potential load out with micro managing stuff.

Right now Im just not enthusiastic about this because these type of elements go either ignore or just don't mesh well in these type of fighting games.

Im not saying NRS are wrong for doing this and hopefully they can prove me wrong but if they don't then I'll stick to Injustice 1.
    Post edited by keo-bas on
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,646
    @Bubba_da_genius
    Static ain't gonna happen. He's a milestone character. DC will need to license him if he's gonna be in the game. I would love for him to be in the game but I don't see it happening.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    d3v wrote: »
    It's SFxT gems all over again.

Worse
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Let's put the entire FGC into a boredom coma!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

@Bubba_da_genius
    Static ain't gonna happen. He's a milestone character. DC will need to license him if he's gonna be in the game. I would love for him to be in the game but I don't see it happening.

Is milestone comics even still a thing? I thought the New 52 Static Shock as well as Static's appearances in other DC comic stuff like Injustice mobile, Young Justice, and Justice League unlimited meant that Static was officially a DC Comics owned IP. In any situation, his being in Injustice mobile assures me that if WB and NRS want he in the game, there won't be any problems

Get scooped chump
    @Bubba_da_genius

Is milestone comics even still a thing? I thought the New 52 Static Shock as well as Static's appearances in other DC comic stuff like Injustice mobile, Young Justice, and Justice League unlimited meant that Static was officially a DC Comics owned IP. In any situation, his being in Injustice mobile assures me that if WB and NRS want he in the game, there won't be any problems

Last I heard DC gave Milestone it's own Earth last year. They haven't done anything with it yet.
  • PJbottomsPJbottoms Joined: Posts: 55
    Before you guys get all "I want this character..." just look at whatever is in or coming soon to the mainstream media. That's pretty much how the last set of characters was decided it seems. What new television shows are coming on the WB and what movies are coming soon.
    Before you guys get all "I want this character..." just look at whatever is in or coming soon to the mainstream media. That's pretty much how the last set of characters was decided it seems. What new television shows are coming on the WB and what movies are coming soon.

I doubt it. Black Adam, Shazam, Killer Frost, Solomon Grundy, Hawkgirl, Harley, Lobo, and Martain Manhunter didn't have anything going and they made it in.
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 932
    edited June 2016
    Here comes the 100 percent predictions and bold assumptions of what the game will play out to be; from a trailer......... that shows no gameplay.

...Reason why I hate Trailers that show no gameplay.

They"ll probably showcase at EVO is all i'm assuming.

For now the only thing we know is valid is the game is in production.
    " I'll stain my hands with your blood - Geese "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
    edited June 2016

Vixen just had her own movie, so I think she's good to go :smiley:
  • tatakitataki misplaced Joined: Posts: 7,692
    keo-bas wrote: »
    OMG RPG elements really

Ok I may be over reacting but I'm particular fond of these elements in my competitive games. For competitive sake standardizing stuff gong to be challenge, hell if they start talking about loads out then its going to be near impossible run stuff in timerly or convenient manner. I suspect since their expecting people to grind stuff..im also assuming base game play elements are going to be locked behind the grind process and I hate this.

Dude chill it's gonna have a competitive mode.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 586
    While watching I was "Oh, ok", then Supergirl appeared I was like "FUCK YEAH! Kara is in it!", then they started with that armor bullshit and my Supergirl hype died.
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim
  • CottoneyesCottoneyes Joined: Posts: 61
    Wanting more Environmentals? So is Injustice 2 gonna add a pig on a hook to every level now?
    Is Ra's narrating the trailer? There were references to the Lazarus pit.
    edited June 2016
    ATTENTION: PLEASE ARRANGE ALL EXPLOSIVES AND DEATH TRAPS IN A PERFECTLY STRAIGHT LINE PARALLEL TO THE FIGHTING HEROES. THANKS - EVIL LABS MANAGEMENT

bodler wrote: »
    White people cannot make good fighting games.

I always thought of this game as Marvel for white people.

• Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 595
    Monkey66 wrote: »
    Supergirl :heart:

Really hope the initial release cast isn't just 24 characters, that would be repetitive.
    I'd be pretty happy with 24 characters in the initial release if they put out enough new characters early on.
    Warner Bros said it will contain one of the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game so hopefully we will have a larger roster than IGAU1.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,041
    Here comes the 100 percent predictions and bold assumptions of what the game will play out to be; from a trailer......... that shows no gameplay.

...Reason why I hate Trailers that show no gameplay.

They"ll probably showcase at EVO is all i'm assuming.

For now the only thing we know is valid is the game is in production.

Uh...how about the gems part?
    There is a poll from Ed Boon asking who among Swamp Thing, Captain Cold, and Booster Gold do fans want in most.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/08/ed-boon-asks-community-vote-potential-injustice-2-character-swamp-thing-captain-cold-or-blue-beetle/

We already saw Captain Cold in the trailer, so I think that practically confirms Swamp Thing and Booster Gold in I2 as well.
    edited June 2016

"Injustice 2" will debut this weekend during the ESL Mortal Kombat Finals!
    edited June 2016
    How many characters icons CAN you guess the hinted at on his shirt...
  • Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Trans(Siberian Railway) Joined: Posts: 595
    Jaxxx wrote: »
    How many characters icons CAN you guess the hinted at on his shirt...
    I initially correctly guessed only one which is the Superman Logo. Don't know how I missed the rest even though some are quite easy. Yeah, I'm terrible at these.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
    edited June 2016
    Full resolution
    CkhrPgWVEAElxOw.jpg:orig

Aquaman - Hawkgirl - ???

Superman - Flash - Harley Quinn

Doctor Fate - Captain Cold - Green Lantern
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    We've got characters who can shrug off hits from anti-tank weaponry, focused energy weapons, and ballistic missiles with no ill effects needing to wear ARMOR?? This whole thing just got retarded. Makes as little sense as DBS Vegeta still wearing armor that is less able to withstand damage than his own skin. I can see armor for the characters that just have human-level durability and strength, like The Flash, Batgirl, Batman and such, but seriously??? Hopefully this crap's just cosmetic.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!