Injustice 2 General

Comments

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Even DC wouldn't fuck up that badly trying poorly to be edgy.

This is DC we're talking about.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• JaxxxJaxxx Joined: Posts: 941
    3YsUIybjqrkHu.gif
    4FYOVZ9zWoqXe.gif
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,727
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Even DC wouldn't fuck up that badly trying poorly to be edgy.

This is DC we're talking about.

Remember the Wonder Twins?
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    C-Sword wrote: »
    Ckw6v4OXEAA3dfY.jpg

DDDDDDDDDDDD =
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    It looks like they made the character models bigger and/or the stages smaller. Now they just need to fix that weird looking bounce back(make it wall bounce or a normal ground bounce) and bring back the pig and I'll play the game for two months.
    Rhio2k wrote: »
    Makes as little sense as DBS Vegeta still wearing armor that is less able to withstand damage than his own skin.

I bet Goku wished he had armor when he got rekt by that pewpew laser.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,455
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,302
    Atrocitus with Dex-Star assist. I'm glad the cat is in the game in some capacity. I like they they shorten clashes. I hated how they would kill the pacing of a match.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • amrraedamrraed Bombeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 4,522
    edited June 2016
    Do you guys think that the copy and pasted Legacy characters is a permanent thing or just a place holder ?

I was really dissapointed once i saw that retarded Batman idle stance and the same exact animations and even BnB
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That stupid ground bounce is back.
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,394
    That stupid ground bounce is back.

if by stupid you mean beautiful
    You know, the more I hear about this customization system, the more I start to worry. I'm all for making a character look the way you want to, but with such a huge part of fighting games being match-ups and NRS seemingly focusing on how it will change how the characters play, it doesn't seem good. Then again, it could just be the usual PR hyperbole and it ends up doing very little besides cosmic changes. Or ranked turns it off by default or something.

• MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,976
    @Bubba_da_genius
    Static ain't gonna happen. He's a milestone character. DC will need to license him if he's gonna be in the game. I would love for him to be in the game but I don't see it happening.

Is milestone comics even still a thing? I thought the New 52 Static Shock as well as Static's appearances in other DC comic stuff like Injustice mobile, Young Justice, and Justice League unlimited meant that Static was officially a DC Comics owned IP. In any situation, his being in Injustice mobile assures me that if WB and NRS want he in the game, there won't be any problems

Last I heard DC gave Milestone it's own Earth last year. They haven't done anything with it yet.

Milestone is just an imprint, the rights of the characters belong 100% to DC. Also, this is yet another alternate universe, they could add Milestone characters if they want, the same way they could add Rorschach or Kitana if they wanted. I don't think they will, however.

I want Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. He would fit perfectly in this game's concept.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,752 mod
    Kecka wrote: »
    You know, the more I hear about this customization system, the more I start to worry. I'm all for making a character look the way you want to, but with such a huge part of fighting games being match-ups and NRS seemingly focusing on how it will change how the characters play, it doesn't seem good. Then again, it could just be the usual PR hyperbole and it ends up doing very little besides cosmic changes. Or ranked turns it off by default or something.

Gear and customization is SFxT gems all over again.
    If it's just small damage or defense buffs or the like, at least it won't majorly affect the match-ups. And the first Injustice did have an option to turn off stage transitions and interactables, so maybe this one will have an option to turn off armor buffs like Soul Calibur II and III did with weapons. What I'm scared of are items that affect frame data and hit-/hurtboxes. Also, how much time will be spent on configurations. Or how they're going to award you these items, seeing as how random drops that affect gameplay seem contrary to basic fighting game design, DLC will just become xTekken all over again, and locking them behind challenges forces me to grind out single player modes for stuff I need to play other people.

Oh god, this is going to be a complete clusterfuck, isn't it?

If it's just small damage or defense buffs or the like, at least it won't majorly affect the match-ups. And the first Injustice did have an option to turn off stage transitions and interactables, so maybe this one will have an option to turn off armor buffs like Soul Calibur II and III did with weapons. What I'm scared of are items that affect frame data and hit-/hurtboxes. Also, how much time will be spent on configurations. Or how they're going to award you these items, seeing as how random drops that affect gameplay seem contrary to basic fighting game design, DLC will just become xTekken all over again, and locking them behind challenges forces me to grind out single player modes for stuff I need to play other people.

Oh god, this is going to be a complete clusterfuck, isn't it?

They already mentioned some sort of leveling system.
    Fucking hell. While I do admit that a lot of the innovations NRS come up with are pretty awesome, it feels like they come up with two bad ideas for every good one. And since I'm a petty motherfucker I will say that even though the style system in MKX was a good idea, I felt a lot of them ruined the character designs (like Quan-Chi's stupid skeleton hands or the weird dragon staff for Kung Jin). Innovations are good, but it's fine to stick with what works every now and then. Just tweak your existing formulas to make them feel new and fresh instead of tossing a bunch of new shit at the screen and seeing what sticks. I'm not saying Injustice should straight up use the character variation system from MKX, but they could've gone with something similar to that, especially since superheroes are all about distinct power sets.

With that said, if I get a decently handled Johnny Cage-ish Booster Gold (alternatively pre-New 52 Jaime Reyes), no fucks are given. WB will have my pre-order money.

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    @LiangHuBBB - there seems to be a growing debate on NRS's use of old moves and animations from the 1st Injustice. Which side do you fall on? I never played the 1st - so I'm indifferent
    More Injustice 2 footage

0IWI0VD.png
    Ed Boon confirmed that the game will have some sort of "level playing field" mode for tournaments, where gear has no effects.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/06/14/injustice-2-will-have-a-level-playing-field-version-for-tournament-play/
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,072
    To the guy who posted the baby reaction gif, you are my new favorite SRK user who introduced me to my new favorite GIF.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    Shit looks and sounds just like MKX with super hero skins. Even the hit sounds are the same
    d3v wrote: »
    Ed Boon confirmed that the game will have some sort of "level playing field" mode for tournaments, where gear has no effects.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/06/14/injustice-2-will-have-a-level-playing-field-version-for-tournament-play/

Great. Because that line about a level 50 Grodd vs level 1 Batman is just fucking kill me already. I will give them this, NRS have effectively created a secret scrub mode that will hopefully keep the ones who don't actually like fighting games out of the actual mode, even if that wasn't their intention. Maybe SF should add a "no fireballs" mode just to get the whiny bitches out of ranked?

• QuixoticNeutralQuixoticNeutral Joined: Posts: 1,254
    edited June 2016
    Fucking hell. While I do admit that a lot of the innovations NRS come up with are pretty awesome, it feels like they come up with two bad ideas for every good one. And since I'm a petty motherfucker I will say that even though the style system in MKX was a good idea, I felt a lot of them ruined the character designs (like Quan-Chi's stupid skeleton hands or the weird dragon staff for Kung Jin). Innovations are good, but it's fine to stick with what works every now and then. Just tweak your existing formulas to make them feel new and fresh instead of tossing a bunch of new shit at the screen and seeing what sticks. I'm not saying Injustice should straight up use the character variation system from MKX, but they could've gone with something similar to that, especially since superheroes are all about distinct power sets.

With that said, if I get a decently handled Johnny Cage-ish Booster Gold (alternatively pre-New 52 Jaime Reyes), no fucks are given. WB will have my pre-order money.

Variations would have made more sense for Injustice as you could have each variation based on a different era/continuity of a character. Imagine playing an Adam West Batman blinding someone with batspray, a DKR Batman with a tank assist, or a Batman Beyond variant with flight mode.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,143
    Jaxxx wrote: »
    @LiangHuBBB - there seems to be a growing debate on NRS's use of old moves and animations from the 1st Injustice. Which side do you fall on? I never played the 1st - so I'm indifferent

I mained Batman and deathstroke, lol after seeing his first gameplay footage he plays exactly the same, even his trait is the same, the only new thing is his super XD
    but tbh I don't rly bother, the amount of new characters and these amazing graphics are enough reason for me to get hyped for this game lol
    No need to give any of the old characters a whole new set of moves when the old move sets were so cool
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    edited June 2016
    WonderWoman confirmed by DC comics...
    Wonder Woman returns as a major player in the upcoming video game “Injustice 2,” the highly anticipated sequel in development by NetherRealm Studios to be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2017....

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/15/a-wondrous-anniversary-wb-and-dc-entertainment-celebrate-75-years-of-wonder-woman
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,455
    edited June 2016

Atrocitus tells Supergirl she can wear a red ring because in the latest Supergirl volume, she was a red lantern. Too bad she got "cured" because she was cool as a red lantern. So that was a cool reference.

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,046
    Supergirl victory screen looks like Martha Stewart in a cape.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 8,394
    apparently if your opponent dodges your super, the game gives you back meter lol.

welcome to press demo build.
  • MajormelisThereMajormelisThere no labels Joined: Posts: 497
    edited June 2016
    yeah thats probably why it's doing that.

gotta admit, I really like how supergirl looks in gameplay. Her moveset looks really nice.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I find superman's super kind of jarring when he's inside a building or under some type of ceiling. He'll punch an opponent into the sky, but their animations look so "off" in a room because the camera's angle makes it look like supes punched someone out of existence. Not complaining it's just really funny looking.

Skullgirls: Parasoul, Cerebella
    JOJO HFTF: Polnareff, Iggy, jotaro
    Umvc3: poor spider-man, poor ryu, ok sentinel
    edited June 2016
    Supergirl looks really good IMO. Ed Boon claims she's a zoner.
    she has...
    horizontal eye laser
    air horizontal eye laser
    downward air eye laser
    upward ground laser
    freeze breath
    whirlwind spin that lifts opponent
    flying teleport punch
    walking full screen laser
    uppercut (anti-air) flying punch
    air dash
    air float
    ---
    from 1st impressions - Grodd looks good also - he has ..
    a ground body roll (he streamrolls opponent)
    a triple slam command throw
    a tackle bite command throw
    air grab
    telekinetic push throw
    telekinetic self hitting throw
    float

that's all i can remember, they may have more? these upcoming fighting games have me really excited.
    copied from another forum...

- Back to block, you also can hold down to block
    - Walk speed faster than Injustice 1, some saying MKX similar
    - You can MB a dash forward or backward to roll (not known if invincible yet)
    - One super per character, and you can press secret buttons, during super, to increase damage (the buttons, order and timing will not be disclosed, and have to be discovered by the community)
    - Interactables are blockable, and do less damage (pretty much MKX esque)
    - There are still gadget and power characters, that will use interactables differently
    - You can air tech, with a bar, when being juggled. Either up, forward or backward. But you are risking to be reset if the opponent catch you before recovery
    - After a clash, depending on the character, the positions are reset closer or farther.
    - Stage transitions are back
    - Gears can be acquired by leveling up in the game. Gears are pieces of armor/tools that change characteristics of your character (strength, defense, agility, health or unlock certain moves). There are thousands for each character. NRS being cryptic about it, not releasing much details.
    - There are pieces of gear that are only aesthetic, not changing anything but the visuals of your character. You can also change the color scheme of your character
    - There will be a tournament mode, were all characters are on a level field
    - Old characters inherit moveset from Injustice 1, with some tweaks (nem strings, different trait behavior, framedata)
    - Same round system as Injustice 1, the damage bar doesn't reset. The damage info is now displayed in yellow in the damage bar on every hit/combo.
    - netcode will be GGPO as MKXL

Some character specific info:

Confirmed so far: Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd, Atrocitus, Flash, Wonder Woman (Dr. Fate and Captain Cold very likely)

Traits:
    Batman: bats - same as injustice1, but with the new ability to make them surround your opponent
    Superman: strength - same as injustice 1
    Aquaman: wet combo escape - same as injustice1
    Supergirl: eye laser moves
    Gorilla Grodd: telekinetic moves
    Atrocitus: Dex Starr assists
    I'm fine with power/gadget split on interactibles as long as they're no longer unblockable.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,302
    d3v wrote: »
    I'm fine with power/gadget split on interactibles as long as they're no longer unblockable.

For power characters I want for the interactible to not go away after they use it.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    What if Goku was a guest character

• amrraedamrraed Bombeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 4,522
    edited June 2016
    I guess that means that my hopes for a redesigned Wonder Woman that isn't hovering for no reason is completely out of the window. I assume her dumb fighting stances will be back.

@Jaxxx There is something i noticed with Superman and that is his scoop has another automatic hit after it now. You have to MB the scoop to get it to launch like Injustice 1. Also Batman has a different B3. It is now a bit short ranged punch instead of his half screen flying kick he had in the 1st one.

HUGE NEW Via IGN : interactables are blockable http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/17/e3-2016-injustice-2-looks-different-feels-the-same
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    Marvel Infinte :Morrigan/Thor , Ultron/Zero , X/Jedah.
    Injustice 2 : Wonder Woman, Superman. haven' touched since July.
    Tekken 7 : Lars, Katarina, Master Raven. sold that shit.
    PSN ID : moraelgamed
    CFN: Thxymora
    Yes, i play T7 and I2 and i still like SF5 more than both of them, sue me.