Injustice 2 trailer

124»

Comments

• Mangy_CatMangy_Cat Hello Kitty Ricki! Joined: Posts: 583
    Robin Trailer is out.
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,258
    edited January 25
    Few questions about Injustice 2, it has more to do with NRS games in general though.
    • Do projectiles finally trade?
    • Do chains still come out if the first attack whiffed?
    • Do you still have to press the grounded attack before you actually land on the ground after the jump attack?

These thing have bothered me since MK9 and they were still in Injustice 1 an MKX(L).
    SFV: Juri, Cammy
    GGREV: Millia
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,719 mod
    edited January 25
    LockM wrote: »
    Few questions about Injustice 2, it has more to do with NRS games in general though.
    • Do you still have to press the grounded attack before you actually land on the ground after the jump attack?

These thing have bothered me since MK9 and they were still in Injustice 1 an MKX(L).

Not sure about the last one, but no on the first two.

Got to remember that this isn't a chain based game, but a string based one using 3D fighter style strings.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,258
    edited January 25
    d3v wrote: »

Got to remember that this isn't a chain based game, but a string based one using 3D fighter style strings.

Yeah you are right, recovery of a move isn't cancelled into another attack.
    Hmm, shame if it's still the case, for the first 2 points, i really feel that dumbs down the neutral a lot in NRS games.
    SFV: Juri, Cammy
    GGREV: Millia
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

Yeah you are right, recovery of a move isn't cancelled into another attack.
    Hmm, shame if it's still the case, for the first 2 points, i really feel that dumbs down the neutral a lot in NRS games.

Funkydoc and I brought that point up once or twice on Test Your Might, but people just dismissed it.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,017
    Robin got dem mitsurugi style + ninja shurikans
    pretty dope IMO

also -

when is the next beta code wave - weekly?
    and how long does the beta stay - only 1 month from what I have heard?
    also did anyone in EU get a beta code yet?
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    Tournament mode turns off gear effects, confirmed.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,969
    I was wondering if they were walking back on the gear system.

They should make it purely aesthetic for tournament mode I couldnt imagine the effort to put this system in that noone uses. Unless it ends up being an afterthought, which is what it appears to be now.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,113
    The gear system is there for casuals. The type that likes to be awarded for doing every little thing.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 5,969
    But I cant imagine that someone casual would even appreciate the level of depth and customization that in turn affects the gameplay. Seems a bit backwards.

Gear should be purely visual in tournament mode, but not limited to non-tournament mode.

Unless the time and effort it takes to equip gear isnt good for running tournaments, but they didnt say that.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,746
    But I cant imagine that someone casual would even appreciate the level of depth and customization that in turn affects the gameplay. Seems a bit backwards.

Gear should be purely visual in tournament mode, but not limited to non-tournament mode.

Unless the time and effort it takes to equip gear isnt good for running tournaments, but they didnt say that.

It's numbers that go up. That's all they need
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,029

It's probably not feasible for the tournament setups to have the gear, since you'd have yo level up every single character to 20 and even then it's not guaranteed that'd you'd have ALL the possible equipment, unless there's a time saver unlock key DLC, like there was for MKX's Krypt (9.99$)

I do like the idea of having the gear still be present in the tournament mode, just not with the stats/effects provided
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    Why are we even arguing about this? Those on the beta have already confirmed that the competitive mode makes all gear purely cosmetic.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• Shiranui_ninjaShiranui_ninja Joined: Posts: 271
    I'm very interested in Injustice 2. From a casual player perspective I think is very interesting to implement some RPG features into a fighting game. But still I like this stuff for offline game. For online I would like to have non-affected stats mode. This was already in SCIV and it was a mess in the online game.

Reading some SonicFox beta impressions, however, makes me wonder if I will like the gameplay... It looks like Injustice 2 is more similar to MKX's gameplay than Injustice's, and I prefer Injustice's gameplay over MKX's.
    [-Mai / King / Mature / Ivy / Rachel / Nyotengu / Kitana / Ibuki-]
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 157
    Why are we even arguing about this? Those on the beta have already confirmed that the competitive mode makes all gear purely cosmetic.

I remember seeing an written interview months before the beta where someone from NRS said this is how it would be, they probably should have clarified during the Watchtower stream but yeah its pretty clear gear won't affect competitive.

Endgame Injustice was a preview of MKX with all the vortex and 50/50s.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• ottomaticottomatic a totally real person who really exists, really Joined: Posts: 244
    edited February 1
    These are probably dumb questions but regarding the 2 ability slots, have they said the abilities would be available from the get go or are those unlocked as well? Because I haven't heard anything other than players can customize using the 2 slots to replace moves/powers/supers. Also is the amount of options varied by character or will each character have the same arbitrary amount I.E. 5, 4 single slot and 1 both slots ability?

Black Canary reveal..I have no idea who she is though
    "Having big tits because you're fat is like having a fast car because it's falling off a cliff." - Showerthoughts
    Mangy_Cat wrote: »

Black Canary reveal..I have no idea who she is though

Sonya Blade with a sonic scream thing.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• NeclordNeclord Joined: Posts: 3,052
    Dat booty
    Steam: Necl0rd
    PSN: Necreal
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,017
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    Mangy_Cat wrote: »
    ..Seems like the character leak is turning out to be true. We still need gameplay reveals for Poison Ivy, Dr. Fate, Firestorm, Captain Cold, The Flash, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Black Adam, Cheetah, Green Arrow, The Joker, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Scarecrow, Darkseid, Brainiac and Catwoman.

Yeah, that guy is top tier.

• mykkamykka Joined: Posts: 1,378
    He looks so outrageous
    SF5: R Mika, Urien, Kolin(?), Xiayu
  • Shiranui_ninjaShiranui_ninja Joined: Posts: 271
    edited February 15

I don't understand why Catwoman does look so UGLY in NRS games. What's wrong in having for example THIS as reference?
    The same goes for Aquaman. Ugly as f*ck same in Injustice 1.

On the other hand I'm glad to see Cheetah, Poison Ivy and Catwoman gameplay finally.

Post edited by Shiranui_ninja on
    [-Mai / King / Mature / Ivy / Rachel / Nyotengu / Kitana / Ibuki-]
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 616
    Yeah, Catwoman looks bad here. She got worse from game to game basically because I think she looked best in MK vs DC Universe: https://gamerangelsblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/20130103041549a0dd376j13drl1oz.jpg

Though that might just be the combination of goggles and distracting cleavage.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,029
    Maryokutai wrote: »
    Yeah, Catwoman looks bad here. She got worse from game to game basically because I think she looked best in MK vs DC Universe: https://gamerangelsblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/20130103041549a0dd376j13drl1oz.jpg

Though that might just be the combination of goggles and distracting cleavage.

Arkham Knight Catwoman was her best version
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • MaryokutaiMaryokutai Joined: Posts: 616
    Yeah, I'm talking about Netherrealm's interpretations of her. Except for maybe the bulkyness of some guys, rocksteady's models are just a cut above evwrything else.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 21,565
    Man, they all look terrible, :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,003
    Catwoman looks the worst. Very boring design.
    Epic Swamp Thing reveal, then followed by characters no on cares about. Typical NRS.

• GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 837
    My whole life, I've thought DC was a joke and complete trash (aside from Batman), but I got a chance to play GAU for a week and it changed my opinion on DC and NRS. It made me want to learn about these characters I've never heard of.

I never heard of 1/3 of the cast for I2, but I'm interested in them and I'm looking forward to this game.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,418
    Wish they'd put in Cassidy from Preacher.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    that swamp thing looks hella dope though
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,113

Preacher is creator owned.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • amrraedamrraed Can't contain the Thickness Joined: Posts: 3,608
    Did the leak include Starfire or are we looking at a DLC situation at best for her ?

I feel like the titans are getting shafted badly in this game.

No Nightwing, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire,etc,etc
    Street Fighter 5 : Chun-Li, R.Mika, Juri (MIA) We Kolin now.
    CFN: Thxymora
    Street Fighter 5 is everything and its opposite depending on who you are asking.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,418

Preacher is creator owned.

That's actually good.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • PoisonKissPoisonKiss Beautiful Disaster Joined: Posts: 667
    I'm so hype for Cheetah and Ivy after that trailer. Hopefully Cheetah has some good gear options though bc that outfit is not great.
    amrraed wrote: »
    Did the leak include Starfire or are we looking at a DLC situation at best for her ?

I feel like the titans are getting shafted badly in this game.

No Nightwing, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire,etc,etc

I think WB is clearly influencing the roster based on movie/TV properties, and they don't have anything Titans-related going at the moment.

I bet Nightwing will be a premium skin for Robin at some point, though. He's too popular to sit out entirely.
    SFV: Laura, Kolin, Cammy. | KOFXIV: Kula/Luong/Mature.
    MKX: Tanya, Mileena. | PSN: eleusiswalks
  • Dragonfave723Dragonfave723 Kiss the future! Joined: Posts: 3,484
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    hope Constantine and static shock make it into the game as roster characters and not DLC
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

Injustice 2 Shattered Alliances: Part 2 Trailer
124»