Did you know about the release of Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator?

grandabxgrandabx FlameaterJoined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
edited June 2016 in Guilty Gear
This game just came out and the site that's supposed to be universal for fighting games has not given a single announcement on it. Every other game has articles on the front page. You wouldn't even know this game came out if it was up to them.

Someone sees Guilty Gear as a threat to Street Fighter V IMO. There's no news on it on other sites as well (like eventhubs). SFV was spit out on every site when it released. All of the things like lupe Fiasco vs Daigo, down to IGN doing silly matches with some other SF players. They don't even have it in the main "coming soon" release area. Something is seriously up.
Post edited by Preppy on
I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
GGXX: As long as I apply myself, I can win with anyone.

Comments

• Yuri_AcTNYuri_AcTN All the best things are collectives. Joined: Posts: 1,174
    GGXrdR being a threat to SFV? Don't be silly.

And actually, Eventhubs did make an article for GGXrdR's release in North America; eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/07/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-now-available-north-america-dizzy-joins-fray/
  • grandabxgrandabx Flameater Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Loghorn wrote: »
    I agree. They're most likely doing this because they don't want people to know that Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- is superior to it in every way.

They can pay off/threaten sites, but they can't doing nothing with the players. I'm on a mission for a few days to handle this nonsense.
    I remember when people thought Bison doing the psycho crusher back and forth across the screen in SF:CE was cheap.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    d3v wrote: »
    We're not affiliated nor receiving any direction from Capcom in any shape of form.

Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers. While I can't recall the exact numbers right now, I can say that an overwhelming number of our readers on the front page are there just for Street Fighter V content. The game that's second to it isn't even in any way close. More importantly, it isn't even Revelator (it's the King of Fighters XIV).

So that must explain why KOF XIV won't be playable at EVO this year, because Capcom's scared.

They probably know that once people see the load amount of characters & content from it, that people will immediately move on over to it & ignore SF V entirely, LOL.

OR SNK Playmore just decided for some reason not to bring it to Evo. Or they're working to bring it there and haven't ironed out the details with Evo staff.

Can't assume one without the other without wearing a tin foil hat.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,480
    You know about the existence of Dustloop right? I always just assumed that this site was more focused on Capcom games. Maybe I'm wrong though...
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,747
    Yes, Capcom is scared of SNK. Because if there's one thing history's taught us, it's that SNK is a true business juggernaut that always makes wise decisions and KoF XIV has wide mass-market appeal compared to Street Fighter.

Or maybe, just maybe, Street Fighter is the largest fighting game franchise by a pretty wide margin, whereas anime games are fairly niche by comparison? I love KI and Skullgirls, but you don't see me coming up with conspiracy theories about Nintendo buying the industry as to why they don't get as much coverage as Pokken or Smash. The brands aren't as large.

Also, I feel this would be the perfect place for some kind of Itagaki hates Tekken joke, but I'm not very funny so I'll leave it to someone else.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    I think ur funny ( T_T)\(^-^ )
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,346
    The tinfoil hat is tight on this one.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DiasFoxDiasFox The Sleepy Fox Joined: Posts: 542
    I'm just gonna grab my milky tea and enjoy this conspiracy topic.
    Scrub artist : http://diasfox.tumblr.com/
    SFV:ChunLi | Tekken7:Alisa | DOA5LR:Kokoro | GGXRDRev2:Dizzy | KoF14: Angel

• NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,610
    Illuminati 2 stronk
    Kecka wrote: »
    Yes, Capcom is scared of SNK. Because if there's one thing history's taught us, it's that SNK is a true business juggernaut that always makes wise decisions and KoF XIV has wide mass-market appeal compared to Street Fighter.

Or maybe, just maybe, Street Fighter is the largest fighting game franchise by a pretty wide margin, whereas anime games are fairly niche by comparison? I love KI and Skullgirls, but you don't see me coming up with conspiracy theories about Nintendo buying the industry as to why they don't get as much coverage as Pokken or Smash. The brands aren't as large.

Also, I feel this would be the perfect place for some kind of Itagaki hates Tekken joke, but I'm not very funny so I'll leave it to someone else.

Just like Nintendo, living off of a IP's name won't save them. SRK isn't the only place to get info out, but it is kinda like a meeting-ground. Twitter, Twitch, Facebook etc. can cover some real ground. If they think they're going sweep this under the rug, well I got news for them. I'm just getting started. Trying to stop the progress of a quality product because they couldn't make a complete package themselves WITH financial backing. How pathetic. People can joke about it, but I'm serious. This taking sides action isn't cool at all. I've started with SF and still play it, but it just doesn't break "tradition" and sometimes traditions can get tiring.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Overthrow Capcom
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,399
    I didn't even know SRK had a front page.

Anyway, I really don't know why people compare anime dashers to SF. They are different styles of games. You can enjoy both equally.

Revelator is about 100 times more entertaining to watch than that other Capcom game though.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,940
    Wake up sheeple

Capcom has been pulling the strings this whole time

Fight back against the system
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,722
    We're not affiliated nor receiving any direction from Capcom in any shape of form.

Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers. While I can't recall the exact numbers right now, I can say that an overwhelming number of our readers on the front page are there just for Street Fighter V content. The game that's second to it isn't even in any way close. More importantly, it isn't even Revelator (it's the King of Fighters XIV).

So that must explain why KOF XIV won't be playable at EVO this year, because Capcom's scared.

They probably know that once people see the load amount of characters & content from it, that people will immediately move on over to it & ignore SF V entirely, LOL.

...Or maybe because the game will be released a month after the end of EVO. Just saying.
    [SFV] Laura [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [DBFZ] 18/Yamcha/Vegeta
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,388 mod
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers. While I can't recall the exact numbers right now, I can say that an overwhelming number of our readers on the front page are there just for Street Fighter V content. The game that's second to it isn't even in any way close. More importantly, it isn't even Revelator (it's the King of Fighters XIV). That said, we've actually had a steady stream of Revelator related content, including several bits regarding strategy and getting better at the game.

Lol the game that's second to it isn't even available yet...would that change if it were, as Revelator is? Not buying this cpnspiracy stuff, just playing devil's advocate.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,388 mod
    Rhio2k wrote: »

Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers. While I can't recall the exact numbers right now, I can say that an overwhelming number of our readers on the front page are there just for Street Fighter V content. The game that's second to it isn't even in any way close. More importantly, it isn't even Revelator (it's the King of Fighters XIV). That said, we've actually had a steady stream of Revelator related content, including several bits regarding strategy and getting better at the game.

Lol the game that's second to it isn't even available yet...would that change if it were, as Revelator is? Not buying this cpnspiracy stuff, just playing devil's advocate.

What I said was based on numbers for May, where Revelator was also still unreleased. IMO, this has more to do with SNK's heavy marketing push with KoFXIV where they've been bringing the game out to everywhere they can while providing trailers almost every week.
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,725
    edited June 2016
    This is why twitter is the best place for fighting game news. SRK/eventhubs and what not are more focused on the number of hits an article gets.

Make a twitter account, it's easy and just follow all the games/people you're interested in. Being 100% real, SRK/eventhubs are not good places for general fighting game news.
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2016
    As far as I'm concerned...some shady crap like that shouldn't even be necessary since of course... not xbox or Pc release has been confirmed...
    cuz that's the game changer...

How many arc system games have been confirmed for steam?...a lot...
    It would be in their best interest...to put that title on as many platforms as possible...
    Cuz it's in the same boat as killer instinct...
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,517
    Really? The web site is called shoryuken

You know who else doesn't have an article on their front page about it? dustloop
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
    Easilyn wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned...some shady crap like that shouldn't even be necessary since of course... not xbox or Pc release has been confirmed...
    cuz that's the game changer...

How many arc system games have been confirmed for steam?...a lot...
    It would be in their best interest...to put that title on as many platforms as possible...
    Cuz it's in the same boat as killer instinct...

You know the pc's version is coming.
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gotta love dem good ol stupid conspiracy theories....
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Effenhoog wrote: »
    Really? The web site is called shoryuken

You know who else doesn't have an article on their front page about it? dustloop

The people on Dustloop are already there for a reason. You'll be hard-pressed to find a gamer on that site who didn't know about Revelator. Besides that, SRK is home of the event called Evolution. Where there will be various games played and Revelator is one of them. Strange it's release slipped by SRK, but Cosplayers and Pokken are making headlines. You get one GG article for every 25 of SFV's. We already know Revelator, MKXL and KI will be placed far away from SFV on the Evo line-up list for top 16-8. Those battle plans are already in the works. I can't wait to see the schedule.
    Lantis wrote: »
    Gotta love dem good ol stupid conspiracy theories....

• KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,747
    grandabx wrote: »
    Just like Nintendo, living off of a IP's name won't save them. SRK isn't the only place to get info out, but it is kinda like a meeting-ground. Twitter, Twitch, Facebook etc. can cover some real ground. If they think they're going sweep this under the rug, well I got news for them. I'm just getting started. Trying to stop the progress of a quality product because they couldn't make a complete package themselves WITH financial backing. How pathetic. People can joke about it, but I'm serious. This taking sides action isn't cool at all. I've started with SF and still play it, but it just doesn't break "tradition" and sometimes traditions can get tiring.

I'm... I'm honestly struck dumb. A big ol' bag of hot, wet, sticky dumb just smacked me right in the face like some giant's ballsack on a humid summer day by the ocean. Did you miss the sarcasm? Do I need to call professor Frink and see if he can whip you up a detector?

Capcom doesn't need to bury Revelator or KoF. Those are niche releases in an already niche genre. I don't have the numbers right in front of me, but I think X Tekken sold better than both Xrd and KoF XIII, and that game sucked ass. Not to mention that Capcom seems to still have a cordial relationship with SNK as evidenced by them teasing CvS3. Nobody's touching Street Fighter, and it would only harm Capcom at this point to pull some shady shit in order to monopolize the tiny fighting game market. It's just the nature of the media. The content in demand is the content that gets pushed.

You are talking about one company that has spent the better part of a decade pushing high-res assets for fucking pachinko machines, and another that's basically just pushed other people's anime IPs since the PS2 era. And I'm saying that as someone who considers both Garou and XX to be some of the best fighting games ever released. Unfortunately, the companies behind them are kind of ass on the business side of things, even compared to Capcom.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • NiitrisNiitris Joined: Posts: 219
    I'm still wondering how someone can believe that Capcom needs to hide news about games that have third party publishers.