Did you know about the release of Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator?

2456

Comments

  • Trife88Trife88 Joined: Posts: 8,292
    Capcom wouldn't need to do such a thing. They have already programmed us since ST. All they need is for us to continuing to slurp their EX Bar while they fix the Beta of SFV for us this month.
    "They are a representation of Trife's existential agony. Sharp visual metaphors, that aim to jolt the mind through behavioral observations and meaningful social commentary."
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 3,076
    image.jpg?w=400&c=1
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    edited June 2016
    We're still salty Baiken isn't back.

    Sorry bruh.
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Pertho wrote: »
    Not entirely fair. The new crew of people are trying to fix a fuck up from years ago. They've definitely been putting in work and its going to take a bit before the numbers start reflecting the change.

    Besides twitters is the harbringer of miscommunication. It is easily the stupidest form of communication ever invented.

    I'm still able to find things on twitter that's not posted here or eventhubs even for lesser known fighting games. That alone makes it worth creating a twitter account imo, just don't follow dumb-dumbs on twitter and you're good.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,747
    Also, pictures of Danny DeVito's horrible troll feet in various public settings.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • pokemonblaze234pokemonblaze234 not a tier whore Joined: Posts: 4
    Yea, this I why I hate Capcom and Street Fighter to death, they are both trying to hide the fact that Guilty Gear and Blazblue are both superior than that game made for brainless guys like LTG!

    Everything is a conspiracy in this world and WE (The people) have to do something to stop all of this!!!!

    Praise be Persona
    "3. The new metagame of getting your enemy into the corner and r****g them pisses me off."-Vulcan422 2012
    Who I am: http://i.imgur.com/qfm9Zpw.jpg
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    We're still salty Baiken isn't back.

    CjUqXuSUkAIpdNK.jpg

    That'd make a good thumbnail for gg news
  • WeeabooWeeaboo The Dream is dead. . . Joined: Posts: 1,592
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    We're still salty Baiken isn't back.

    CjUqXuSUkAIpdNK.jpg

    That'd make a good thumbnail for gg news

    Tits & all bro.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,985
    Well shit. Clearly browsing through this thread was a waste of a good 10 minutes...
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,325
    You mean the semi sequel that must be paid full retail price for again is some huge threat to SFV? I guess.

    Semi sequel...lmfao.

    If you don't understand why you're paying full price for the new Guilty Gear game, you must not have cared to look into the game very much in the first place.

    It's amazing to me that people think this, but then went and paid full retail price for SFV. Smh.

    It's deviljin bro, you should expect this kind of shit from him by now,
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2016
    guilty gear xrd has some good new chars and got most of the old ones in it but I'd have to see like...5-10 newcomers minimum to further elongate it from sign.
    (10 people not in sign basically anybody that wasn't in sign added to that)

    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    We're still salty Baiken isn't back.

    CjUqXuSUkAIpdNK.jpg

    She ain't playable bruh.

    That's what I meant.
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096

    Obviously the thread isn't dumb enough for y'all to just ignore it. :D

    Well done OP
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster OK Joined: Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Loghorn wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    We're not affiliated nor receiving any direction from Capcom in any shape of form.

    Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers. While I can't recall the exact numbers right now, I can say that an overwhelming number of our readers on the front page are there just for Street Fighter V content. The game that's second to it isn't even in any way close. More importantly, it isn't even Revelator (it's the King of Fighters XIV).

    So that must explain why KOF XIV won't be playable at EVO this year, because Capcom's scared.

    They probably know that once people see the load amount of characters & content from it, that people will immediately move on over to it & ignore SF V entirely, LOL.

    OR SNK Playmore just decided for some reason not to bring it to Evo. Or they're working to bring it there and haven't ironed out the details with Evo staff.

    $$$
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

    Negro Install

    The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.
    Currently Playing - Steven Universe: Attack the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - One Punch Man (Viz Media), Rick and Morty (Oni Press)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Initial D, We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Law and Order: SVU, Sons of Anarchy
  • drop_dead619drop_dead619 "Your evil deeds have come to an end. Mission complete." Joined: Posts: 10
    well in terms of video games that I've purchased this year Guilty Gear is up there with Uncharted & Overwatch as being my fav games of 2016
  • RUMBLE82RUMBLE82 The Proctor Joined: Posts: 642
    Bottom line SFV needs work. Guilty Gear XRD plays wonderfully but does not have as many fans.. KOF is being pushed hard and you can tell is a labor of love for the fans. Other then this I see no conspiracy.... except when KOF 13 was the bigger game at evo 2012 or 2013 and was never seen again after that.................... hmmmmm poor SF4 me thinks.
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,918 mod
    Blindknagg wrote: »
    snip

    Swede mad that Street Fighter 5 news get the most traffic in a site named shoryuken.

    #KeepLeffemInSweden
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • SleazoidSleazoid Joined: Posts: 4,744
    edited June 2016
    maybe if people who played anime games actually went to srk instead of dustloop there would be more articles and more content posted on srk for them

    idk just a thought

    i mean, shit, the names of the sites are shoryuken and dustloop, where the fuck do you think people go to for guilty gear news
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    While we're conspiracy theorizing, who else thinks it's the Opus Dei, the Snake People(or sneople), the French Foreign Legion, the CIA and the ASPCA is keeping us from Buriki Two and Mark of the Wolves 2?
  • zenzenzenzen heartfelt fancy Joined: Posts: 3,489
    haunts is literally paying srk front page writers to hide the existence of guilty gear to the capcom audience what a dreadful man
    <dominos> what 2d isn't real?
    <AlterGenesis-X> my world is over
    <Stabby> "come back when you lose a few dimensions"
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    grandabx wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »
    We're not affiliated nor receiving any direction from Capcom in any shape of form.

    Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers. While I can't recall the exact numbers right now, I can say that an overwhelming number of our readers on the front page are there just for Street Fighter V content. The game that's second to it isn't even in any way close. More importantly, it isn't even Revelator (it's the King of Fighters XIV). That said, we've actually had a steady stream of Revelator related content, including several bits regarding strategy and getting better at the game.

    Stop. I've been in this community for a long time. There's nothing new under the Sun. There will be no playing coy here sir.



    Second verse for you.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • BlindknaggBlindknagg Satan > Kami Joined: Posts: 4,034
    Pertho wrote: »
    Blindknagg wrote: »
    snip

    Swede mad that Street Fighter 5 news get the most traffic in a site named shoryuken.

    #KeepLeffemInSweden

    Leffe ain't no true Swede. No self respecting viking would accept that smash is a fighting game, we all now that anime dashers is where it's at.
    (> ̄▽ ̄)> nigga this
    nigga that
    <( ̄▽ ̄<)
  • CottoneyesCottoneyes Joined: Posts: 61
    Capcom doesn't have to hide it.

    It's so many people that don't want to learn all that extra anime stuff that GG has to offer to even be bare minimal when you can just learn to shimmy into MP > CA for wins.
  • EasilynEasilyn Inactive. Joined: Posts: 1,405
    blazblue is as bad as sf4.
    Doa 5: Random Select.
    Ultra: Makoto/dudley/hugo/Oni/Cody/Guy/Honda/Poison.
    Mvc2: Random Select.
    Sf5: All the odd ones, no main
  • VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    Weeaboo wrote: »
    We're still salty Baiken isn't back.

    CjUqXuSUkAIpdNK.jpg
    Those breasts look like them fake ballon titties.
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 14,105
    Semi sequel...lmfao.

    If you don't understand why you're paying full price for the new Guilty Gear game, you must not have cared to look into the game very much in the first place.

    It's amazing to me that people think this, but then went and paid full retail price for SFV. Smh.

    What's "amazing" to me is people defending non-Capcom companies for doing exactly what they've criticized Capcom for doing over 22 years.

    In fact, part of what caused Capcom to adopt SF5's marketing approach was people whining about full price paid updates that fracture the player base, and for people to keep buying new versions.

    "Hurt Hurr, Imma wait until dey release Ultra, Super, Omega Street Fighter 5 before I buy it!" - random internet dumbass

    Meanwhile, on the DL, ArcSys has been doing the EXACT SAME THING for a decade, and they get praised for it.

    That "barebones" SF5 disc you bought for a one time $60 will continue to increase in value year after year. Can you say the same about your Revelator disc right now? Lol, are you even sure Revelator will be the last disc you have to buy? Next year are we going to hear about GGXrd: [insert cool sounding Engrish mishmash] coming soon to Japanese arcades? Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter in ArcSys fandom!

    Thus the reason I haven't touched BlazBlue since Continuum Shift. Have no plans to either. Everyone hyped for Central Fiction when you know ArcSys will have Central Fiction II EXTEND (Your wallet to us) within a month or two after the console release of Central Fiction.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,991
    edited June 2016
    lets let this die. its not discussion worth having. Even if SRk is website dedicated to fighting gaming, its up to the owner what they do. If dont appreciate their content then why are you on their forum?

    This is no conspiracy. Reavaltor been out for how long? three days us wise but the game been available via preorder for a minute so their minimal need to reference the "Official" release, especially if other website have already mention its officially release.

    I have my own conspiracy as to why SRk run the way it does but pointing it out wont do a thing and I still have use for it so why even the need to bring it up?
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • Pokemon123Pokemon123 Joined: Posts: 237
    Semi sequel...lmfao.

    If you don't understand why you're paying full price for the new Guilty Gear game, you must not have cared to look into the game very much in the first place.

    It's amazing to me that people think this, but then went and paid full retail price for SFV. Smh.

    What's "amazing" to me is people defending non-Capcom companies for doing exactly what they've criticized Capcom for doing over 22 years.

    In fact, part of what caused Capcom to adopt SF5's marketing approach was people whining about full price paid updates that fracture the player base, and for people to keep buying new versions.

    "Hurt Hurr, Imma wait until dey release Ultra, Super, Omega Street Fighter 5 before I buy it!" - random internet dumbass

    Meanwhile, on the DL, ArcSys has been doing the EXACT SAME THING for a decade, and they get praised for it.

    That "barebones" SF5 disc you bought for a one time $60 will continue to increase in value year after year. Can you say the same about your Revelator disc right now? Lol, are you even sure Revelator will be the last disc you have to buy? Next year are we going to hear about GGXrd: [insert cool sounding Engrish mishmash] coming soon to Japanese arcades? Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter in ArcSys fandom!

    Thus the reason I haven't touched BlazBlue since Continuum Shift. Have no plans to either. Everyone hyped for Central Fiction when you know ArcSys will have Central Fiction II EXTEND (Your wallet to us) within a month or two after the console release of Central Fiction.

    they might release a totally new BB after CF hopefully similar to gg ac to XRD. Feels like there has been a ton of games from that series.
    aspiring 3s player.
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest Da Last Real N*gga Left Joined: Posts: 763
    edited June 2016
    d3v wrote: »
    Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers.

    And SRK has now way to influence that or has no desire to change that?

    Don't take the question as a slight; 'just genuinely curious. You all are satisfied with your front page's coverage statistics as they are?

    Wonder why I'm even wasting my time
    Even replying to letcha know I don't feel you
    Fuck 'em!

    -TI-
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,382 mod
    d3v wrote: »
    Reason we get so much focus on Street Fighter V is because, Street Fighter V content is the one that tends to have the greatest number of readers.

    And SRK has now way to influence that or has no desire to change that?

    Don't take the question as a slight; 'just genuinely curious. You all are satisfied with your front page's coverage statistics as they are?

    As much as we've been doing to push content for other games (heck, we even have Lord Knight on our staff), we can only do so much to influence what our readers want to read.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 24,325
    edited June 2016
    stupid shit

    LMAO
    You know who is to blame to that?
    The usa fandom.
    They tried with CS a similar approach to what SF4 did with their updates, but all the idiots kept saying stuff, i will wait for the next revision.

    .
    Semi sequel...lmfao.

    If you don't understand why you're paying full price for the new Guilty Gear game, you must not have cared to look into the game very much in the first place.

    It's amazing to me that people think this, but then went and paid full retail price for SFV. Smh.

    What's "amazing" to me is people defending non-Capcom companies for doing exactly what they've criticized Capcom for doing over 22 years.

    In fact, part of what caused Capcom to adopt SF5's marketing approach was people whining about full price paid updates that fracture the player base, and for people to keep buying new versions.

    "Hurt Hurr, Imma wait until dey release Ultra, Super, Omega Street Fighter 5 before I buy it!" - random internet dumbass

    Meanwhile, on the DL, ArcSys has been doing the EXACT SAME THING for a decade, and they get praised for it.

    That "barebones" SF5 disc you bought for a one time $60 will continue to increase in value year after year. Can you say the same about your Revelator disc right now? Lol, are you even sure Revelator will be the last disc you have to buy? Next year are we going to hear about GGXrd: [insert cool sounding Engrish mishmash] coming soon to Japanese arcades? Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter in ArcSys fandom!

    Thus the reason I haven't touched BlazBlue since Continuum Shift. Have no plans to either. Everyone hyped for Central Fiction when you know ArcSys will have Central Fiction II EXTEND (Your wallet to us) within a month or two after the console release of Central Fiction.

    Which is pretty stupid tbh, everyone of their revisions comes around 2 years after the release of their previous game, and in the case of BB, outside the Extend versions, every BB game has been a completely different game altogether in every aspect outside reusing the sprites.

    If people here on srk of all places will start complaining about fighting games and their revisions, then i don't know what to say other than it is the most stupid shit ever.

    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,601 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have so many questions and all of them begin with why?
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,747
    JohnGrimm wrote: »
    ASW revisions have been straight cancer since the beginning, let's not mince words here, but even if you do want to make the argument that there will be another full priced revision to Xrd, Revelator is still like 3 times the game that SFV is and fully justifies that price point. It would have been nice had it been a cheaper DLC upgrade for Sign owners, but as is you're getting a whole shit ton of content and upgrades and improvements. Even a year down the road when SFV is "finished" or season 1 wraps up or whatever, it still will not come close to the level of polish, quality, and content that is in Revelator.

    I think the issue isn't with the polish of the game itself, but rather the level of added polish as compared to the predecessor and the perceived difference between a retail release and a DLC upgrade pack. I get that a full new story mode with cutscenes, voice acting and whatnot is probably really goddamn expensive (particularly if it like Xrd's story mode has a ton of assets that aren't really used anywhere else), but at the same time I can't help but feel this is a full-price release for what amounts to slight additions to the base game in the grand scheme of things, because let's face it, there won't be a huge change in the main modes I will be devoting 95% of my time to. And this isn't me defending Capcom, they are the princes of fuck you content (xTekken and Asura's Wrath anyone?), but at the very least Arcade Edition and Ultra were just DLC packs. Between full-price retail for what should be DLC packs (seriously, fuck BlazBlue), incomprehensible release schedules (let's release Continuum Shift for PC even though Chronophantasma was released months before on consoles!) and draconic DLC schemes, ArcSys is a pretty shit company. A pretty shit company that makes awesome games, but still pretty shit from a consumer/business perspective.

    For as much shit as people deservedly give Capcom for the botched SFV release, and as much more polished Xrd was at release, I wasn't nearly as scared to pay 60 bucks for Street Fighter because at the end of the day I genuinely believed I wouldn't have to pay for a new disc one year down the line, whereas I expected it with Guilty Gear. I think that between the endless BlazBlue revisions, Ultimax and whatnot, ArcSys have screwed themselves out of Revelator sales. Why should the semi-casual consumer buy it when it might be obsolete in a year again? Even if DLC ends up being just as expensive in the end, at the very least you can "fool" the consumer into paying the price piece by piece and feel like they're adding value to the base game rather than forcing them to just replace their old game and making them feel dumb for paying full price for it.

    I bought Super Street Fighter IV when it was released. That copy carried me all the way to SFV with two minor investments for AE and Ultra. I may not have liked it all that much, but if I wanted to play Street Fighter IV, that same disc was still up-to-date half a decade later. There's something to be said for that even if the quantity and quality of content was lesser than an ArcSys game.
    I suck dicks at fighting games.

    I also suck dicks. I don't think these two facts are related.
  • PerthoPertho Capt of Team #Hellspawn Joined: Posts: 22,918 mod
    Even when you buy "revisions" all this shit is still leaps and bounds cheaper than other hobbies.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

    "Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
Sign In or Register to comment.