Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

The Olympics Thread

2»

Comments

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,592
    King9999 wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Shotokan? Shorinryu? Okinawan? Kempo?

Which style(s)?

I would love it if it was Okinawan as that is what I'm familiar with.

Would there be a problem with just allowing any type of Karate, just as long as it's an established form of Karate?

WKF rules, probably. You could be from any style you want as long as you use the WKF ruleset.

Expect to see some ITF TKD guys pop up, too. The rules are similar.

I don't know if Kata is an event, but WKF allows most Kata from most Karate styles.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,524
    Cross posting

Not only did the US own in Rio this year, but they also showed the chess world which is also recognized by the IOC:

Final standing:

http://chess-results.com/tnr232875.aspx?lan=1&art=0&rd=11&flag=30&wi=821
    Remember this:

r114456_800x450_16-9.jpg

From wikipedia:
    At the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, she received considerable international media attention following an incident during the 5000m heat in which both she and American Abbey D'Agostino fell. The two women helped each other finish the race and were allowed to compete in the final, however D'Agostino had suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus and was unable to participate further. Hamblin's injuries were less serious and she was able to compete in the final, however she finished last. Both athletes were praised for their sportsmanship and "olympic spirit",[3] and were subsequently awarded the Rio 2016 Fair Play Award by the International Fair Play Committee.[4][5]

• thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Apparently tickets aren't selling nearly as well as expected due to NK being in the news. Might be able to scoop some seats to the less popular events for hella cheap.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    Curling is good
    LOOOL

kim-yo-jong-olympics-pence.jpg

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen, South Korean President Moon Jae-in and his wife Kim Jung-sook, North Korea's nominal head of state Kim Yong Nam, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's younger sister Kim Yo Jong, and German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and his wife Elke Buedenbender sit at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony in Pyeongchang, South Korea February 9, 2018.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pyeongchang-2018-olympics-opening-ceremony-mike-pence-doesnt-stand-north-korea-kim-yo-jong-today/
  • AzureAzure Inciteful. Joined: Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Curling is good

This is the only good to ever come of curling:

"Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
    edited February 12
    We had this almost 10 years ago:

wpid-busholympicsr110808_450x371.jpg

wpid-bushvolley2r100808_450x509.jpg

&

Michelle Kwan today @ 37...

GettyImages-493486900-830x1249.jpg

Post edited by Jion_Wansu on
  • SaikyoticAlxSaikyoticAlx The Fist of the South Pole Joined: Posts: 89 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 13
    Curling is good

I like the reactions lol
    those Russian girls on the curling team are hott!!!
  • odinodin arch enthusiast Joined: Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • DarksakulDarksakul I find your lack of Faith Disturbing. Joined: Posts: 25,106
    https://odinsblog.tumblr.com/post/170820295836/chaconbetch-chazim-miyokone-chazim

This Girl Wins the Olympics

Sorry for not finding the original Twitter post, but I got some burbon chicken here for lunch
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Darksakul wrote: »
    https://odinsblog.tumblr.com/post/170820295836/chaconbetch-chazim-miyokone-chazim

This Girl Wins the Olympics

Sorry for not finding the original Twitter post, but I got some burbon chicken here for lunch

No, no...

This:

russia_curling_ap.jpg 180213-russian-olympic-athlete-instagram-feature.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

5a845487fc7e93f13d8b45cd.jpg

Anastasia Bryzgalova
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Thank god for almost nothing but women's coverage of the Winter Olympics on NBC :clapdos:
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Richter wrote: »
    Thank god for almost nothing but women's coverage of the Winter Olympics on NBC :clapdos:

• StockyJamStockyJam Wholier than Thou Joined: Posts: 6,233
    who won?
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file