Aegis PROJECTOR! The Urien Video Thread.

Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q)Joined: Posts: 2,041
edited July 2016 in Urien

SPOILERS IN THIS VIDEO ITS STORY

Post edited by Songo[KthX] on
<Metric> songo is #1 3s player

Comments

• OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,278
    Li Joe's reacting to Urien like a kid that just got his first console for Christmas is the very reason why SFV exists.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • Songo[KthX]Songo[KthX] (*_*(O-('.'Q) Joined: Posts: 2,041
    Updated with a video
  • meianoite666meianoite666 Joined: Posts: 134
    edited July 2016
    https://clips.twitch.tv/thisislijoe/CloudyGoldfishPipeHype
    lijoe showing a combo with a setup

edit:
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,963
    OceanSalt wrote: »
    Li Joe's reacting to Urien like a kid that just got his first console for Christmas is the very reason why SFV exists.

Joe is a super fan of street fighter i respect that
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 2,963
    Any video showing his v skill in action?
    CFN: Dmen05
    PSN: davmen05
  • meianoite666meianoite666 Joined: Posts: 134
    man his vskill give his headbutt tackles knee 1 hit armor...
    https://gfycat.com/MiniatureGrimHornshark
    1 mixup stun combo
  • DrKatzDrKatz Destiny Hero Joined: Posts: 177
    man his vskill give his headbutt tackles knee 1 hit armor...
    https://gfycat.com/MiniatureGrimHornshark
    1 mixup stun combo

Holy shit...
    SFV: Urien
    GG: Zato-1
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,235
    Anyone post this video yet. Desk did a Urien combo video

• Only Ash RemainsOnly Ash Remains Joined: Posts: 60
    That video was great because it contained meta, which is absent from most urien showcasings. Shimmy, dp punishment, engine options with aegis, etc. Nice work
    edited July 2016
    Desk video was trash but Fidoskins isn't bad. Some interesting approaches to Urien and some stuff I was thinking playing around with too.
    Post edited by Songo[KthX] on
  • FateFate Chuckk Joined: Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fido your video is sick, good shit man.

Been testing a lot of it.

With the new urien available, you can no longer do that series you do on gief;

s. HP (CC), dash, s. mp s. lp xx ex tackle VTX 1 hit (neutral reflector).

In the corner now, due to VTX animation, the reflector seems further away? anyhow it goes off screen and no follow up. Midscreen though, this setup still works.

For anyone testing other shit from his video or curious about it, the air fireball juggle on karin is a little tight, if they arent max height when the fireball clips them, drop the lk tackle and go straight into ex and it works easily.
    "but uhhhh......this is abare, anywhere, with maximum meter.
    thats not like insurmountable odds, thats you facing god.
    Edit : thats you facing God."
    - ChromeX
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,247
    edited July 2016
    Urien owns Gill

And if RX plays Urien in SF Five then everyone will get owned like this:

Post edited by Jion_Wansu on
  • mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,853
    edited July 2016
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • strider973strider973 Joined: Posts: 6
    ok jdownloader lets dl this shit!
  • HalberdiusHalberdius mm my hugo juggles.. watch him make people soar. Joined: Posts: 228
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Urien owns Gill

I dont think we will be seeing the same dangerous urien in 5. The 3s cast on iv and 5 were no where near as good. Hugo was trash in iv. But hopefully urien will be good he seems promising and ive got fm saved for him. Ive seen and played way better uriens tho on xbla played way better chuns and akumas than this aswell. But time has passed and its a new generation. I hope the uriens from 3s come to 5 oml that would be so.fucking dope. Can you believe the carnage shit.
    Hammer mountain! O_O..... KO
    ストリートファイタ3
    Twitch.tv/halberdius
    Halberdius wrote: »
    Jion_Wansu wrote: »
    Urien owns Gill

I dont think we will be seeing the same dangerous urien in 5. The 3s cast on iv and 5 were no where near as good. Hugo was trash in iv. But hopefully urien will be good he seems promising and ive got fm saved for him. Ive seen and played way better uriens tho on xbla played way better chuns and akumas than this aswell. But time has passed and its a new generation. I hope the uriens from 3s come to 5 oml that would be so.fucking dope. Can you believe the carnage shit.

There is no such thing as "way better" Uriens, Chuns and Akuma's on XBL. If you're referring to 3SOE it's an utter joke at how terrible literally everyone is on there. The midtier players from GGPO days were "top players" on 3SOE and those kids never got better.
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    Halberdius wrote: »

There are better Urien players than RX (and Kuroda) AND they're on XBL? News to me...

• xxteefxxxxteefxx Joined: Posts: 288
    Hello all. i made a video and hope it is useful by any chance. SADLY! a big chunk, of like 1 min regarding combos and setups ending with Drop kick are missing ::(....mistake in the editing and forgot to include it. they are simply combos and setups using the Drop kick meaty/ or advantage on block to follow up with either pressure or f+MP~ reflector setups.
    i shall post the rest later. i got to go now . hope this aweful vid is off any use in that case :( lol until i upload the rest. my apologies

• HatsonHatson Joined: Posts: 51
    edited August 2016
    I recorded some lab work on a Urien mixup that does 1000+ stun and 700+ damage.
    'Zevak' on the Urien Discord chat showcased it there, and I decided to lab it up a bit and do my own version of it.

The video:

The r/sf thread (with some more details posted in comments)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/4wj2wh/urien_aegis_mixup_into_stun_and_710_dmg_total/

Post edited by Hatson on
    edited August 2016
    Got a meaty st.HK (charged) setup going after CC sweep. The thing with this is that you need to instantly dash forward and throw two jabs without any delay in between inputs for it to work. Instantly dash as soon as you can after the CC sweep, and throw two jabs like you're linking them, then start charging st.HK. It should work every time if you do it right. And IMO it's more reliable to go for meaties after CC sweep instead of post-H Tackle because you eliminate the factor of having to predict/react to what direction your opponent will recover.

• HatsonHatson Joined: Posts: 51
    Sorry, folks! I totally forgot to post my new Urien video here. It blew up a bit lately, which is a nice surprise, seeing as how much Youtube butchered the syncing on it, ugh.

Well, basically I noticed that Urien's st. HK has somewhat "hidden" properties. The grab box on Urien moves back by about 50% during frames 3-9 of startup. So I figured there's probably some ways to utilize this in a throw bait setup.

Well, turns out I found some, had a lot of fun experimenting with it. I know this is actually an age old tech from 3rd Strike, where st. HK moves back Urien's whole hurtbox, but in SFV it looks like it only shrinks his grab-box (for the time being, who knows how it will be on release).

In any case, it definitely feels intentional looking at his st. HK is 3rd Strike, and it's definitely usable as an auto-shimmy / throw-bait in SFV. And it's highly rewarding if you have a read on the grabs! :)

I threw in some very basic Headbutt Oki as well. Just because I happened to record some along with the st. HK shimmy footage. The oki is nothing groundbreaking, just standard stuff. There's tons more options of course, and a lot better ones as well that cover both wake-up options similar to the b+HK setups I show in the video.

Well, here's the video:
  • Gabri3l_WHOAGabri3l_WHOA Heat Extend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 2,476
    Thanks for putting this stuff together guys it is super useful ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
    MochaLatte wrote: »
    Froztey wrote: »
    Sorry guys let me just rephrase that question

I'm looking for advice from good players

You're looking in the wrong place then
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 658
    maziodyne wrote: »
    Got a meaty st.HK (charged) setup going after CC sweep. The thing with this is that you need to instantly dash forward and throw two jabs without any delay in between inputs for it to work. Instantly dash as soon as you can after the CC sweep, and throw two jabs like you're linking them, then start charging st.HK. It should work every time if you do it right. And IMO it's more reliable to go for meaties after CC sweep instead of post-H Tackle because you eliminate the factor of having to predict/react to what direction your opponent will recover.

Isn't this reversal reactable, since you visually committed to the st hk charge?
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    Isn't this reversal reactable, since you visually committed to the st hk charge?

It's still useful against characters that don't have an invincible reversal like Nash or for when your opponent doesn't have any meter on deck in general. I like it anyhow because it stops wakeup buttons which is one of the most annoying things about this game, especially if you have a 3f normal.
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 121

Just a couple resets and variations.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    edited October 2016

SonicFox (UR) vs NuckleDu (NA) FT5
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 121
    Wow props to sonicfox, wonder how he progresses since it seems like he's really having fun with urien.

Tokido vs Urien
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    edited October 2016
    Combo Video from FMHeart

Lot of V Trigger stuff, really like the last one. Never thought about using headbutt after a throw into Aegis OTG.

Daigo vs Yu5ririn

Nuki vs KnuckleSonic

Daigo vs Rolling_oO
    Post edited by Mr. X on
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME

Haitani vs yuririn
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,094
    I don't feel like yuri played that matchup correct,y as far as the spacing goes. Also he never did Fmp target combo on block to CH haitani who was obviously pressing buttons everytime he blocked a Fmp.

Something else I noticed is that earlier in the set, haitani was making guesses against Fmp even when there was no Fmp.

So it seems like a decent go is to do st.mp instead of Fmp. Against people with slower reactions it may prompt a button press out of them if they like to press buttons after blocking Fmp, since they won't be able to distinguish between the moves fast enough.
    Gettin' my derp on.

3 different Urien players, pretty different styles
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    edited November 2016
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,094
    ParryThis wrote: »

You didn't post any mixups there... Those are all side switch combos that end in a meaty aegis.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 443
    True, left it alone for your imagination.
    My usual mixups following the side switch are
    1) cr lk --> cr hp + ending combo
    2) throw
    3) block panic reversal --> CC s hp + combo
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • w00tsickw00tsick Unblockable Joined: Posts: 1,434

Time to play hopscotch after every elbow
  • Qs_FrEnZyQs_FrEnZy Joined: Posts: 23

Post stun combo
  • w00tsickw00tsick Unblockable Joined: Posts: 1,434
    The last two I do in this video are Nemo setups but I don't know that I've seen the first two in here yet: