Friday the 13th The Game 7 vs 1 survival horror PC, PS4, Xbox One

Comments

• affinityaffinity Joined: Posts: 2,729
    edited December 2016
    two beta tests are happening this december!!

http://imgur.com/GLn4vPh

https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/project_updates#preorder-nav

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/014/887/959/5a9e5241b3212a0ef3af8afe2014941f_original.png?w=700&fit=max&v=1481757665&auto=format&lossless=true&s=83f729cd4c29f48a3512c85a07aa59ed
    For the Friends & Family Beta, those participating agree not to stream footage, or share any sort of media, screenshots, news or information about that game.

Cool? Alright. Now...

The Friends & Family Beta will start on 12/18/16 and run through 12/19/16. Keep in mind; this is a work in progress. This is a beta, as raw as they come. We’re constantly tweaking kills, working on character models, making sure mechanics are working as intended...and sometimes they don’t. You will see some work in early stages, you will see bugs and issues may in fact pop up that affect your experience. This is what a real Beta is all about and it is to be expected.

We want you to kick the tires, break stuff, find bugs and help us stress test our servers. We also want to hear from you directly. Our goal is to take your feedback from this beta and ensure that we’re on the right path for the best overall Friday the 13th experience in gaming. You'll be able to dive into our forums, tweet at us, hit us up on facebook, or post in the Steam community for the game. If you have something to say, we want to hear it.

The Friends & Family beta is for our earliest supporters, our dearest fans, our friends and our families. This is the first look at all of the work that Gun, IllFonic and so many others have spent over a year making a reality. The immense amount of love and support from everyone has been immeasurably gratifying, and has helped our team work through these late nights over the past year and a half.

We want the Friends & Family beta to be intimate; a chance to have the earliest supporters interact with one another, play with the team and get the first shot at a game that couldn’t have been made without you. We’re giving you access to a portion of game development that few teams would ever allow to be shown; so we hope you enjoy access and we look forward to playing with you for the duration of this friends and family beta!

For the Pre-Order Closed Beta, all those that have pre-ordered the game on KS or BackerKit will then get a code for themselves and 4 more to share with others. We'll be taking Pre-Orders for the game at BackerKit throughout the Beta, and anyone Pre-Ordering the game will get 5 Beta codes as well. By redeeming the code/s you'll be locked in on the purchase and cannot cancel your order, so keep that in mind.

I read somewhere the preorder closed beta will be officially streamed, so maybe a full match of the current beta build will be seen later this month

http://i.imgur.com/lS0qbqa.jpg

lS0qbqa.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CydnA7_WIAEiSrY.jpg:large

1jnjnQi.gif

Post edited by affinity on
  • dodgers2213dodgers2213 Joined: Posts: 3,028
    yoooooo each Jason skin is not just a skin, they have perks Pros/Cons that have nods to the movie appearances in some logical way. This game is pretty fucking cool
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • AbbachioAbbachio NOBLEST BRAIN Joined: Posts: 1,780
    I read P7 Jason is slow but extremely tanky and can even stop people trying to flee in the car
    {]UNiEL: Gordeau/Eltnum/Yuzuhira[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[} - {]KI: Jagi[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Currently Playing: Vampire: TMB, Lost Odyssey, Rise of the Tomb Raider
    the gameplay is soooo epic!! looks amazing!!!!!!

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,278
    Say Lirik play for a few hours. Game looks amazing. Shit needs to come out, or atleast go to open beta, asap.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    I got the beta of this game. went on a few hours ago to find a match but couldn't get on. will try again tomorrow
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • virenviren kofxiiLEONAsprte_plz Joined: Posts: 199
    edited December 2016
    I haven't had a chance to try the beta yet but I'd like to post some keys for those SRKers who wanna give it a shot and still need a code:

Pre-Order Beta Keys #2 [IWH6A-08LAE-94PKA]
    Pre-Order Beta Keys #3 [63YN5-NK7P3-3BJ26]
    Pre-Order Beta Keys #4 [TMNTZ-ICQRH-G3CLC]
    Pre-Order Beta Keys #5 [XHKRP-4PR3H-HN66X]

If you're able to get a code to work, post and I'll edit the list. Have fun guys!
    Post edited by viren on
    Got beta Key #2

Thanks bruv.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    viren wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to try the beta yet but I'd like to post some keys for those SRKers who wanna give it a shot and still need a code:

Pre-Order Beta Keys #2 [IWH6A-08LAE-94PKA]
    Pre-Order Beta Keys #3 [63YN5-NK7P3-3BJ26]
    Pre-Order Beta Keys #4 [TMNTZ-ICQRH-G3CLC]
    Pre-Order Beta Keys #5 [XHKRP-4PR3H-HN66X]

If you're able to get a code to work, post and I'll edit the list. Have fun guys!

Took key 3, you sir have just done the lords work.. thanks bruh
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    all keys claimed :(

have fun chaps
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
  • PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,205
    edited December 2016
    I watched a stream of this earlier.

God damn this game look super fun, though it seems like it's pretty hard to lose as Jason, maybe the players playing as the counselors sucked.

---

spread'em
    edited December 2016
    @dodgers2213 : Were you able to get one? Hopefully those codes went to other SRKers, most likely not tho. Demand over at the steam forums and on streams are pretty high. Still haven't played yet, just listening to streams in background while I work, hopefully the game is fun.

EDIT: I got you dodgers.
    Post edited by viren on
    Nope lol. Watching some streams haha
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
    I seen matches where the counselors survive/escape. There was one match where one player wasn't noticed the whole session due to stealth.

here are stats

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/2238-confirmed-counselors-and-jasons-for-beta-wstats/

beta version of course
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    edited December 2016
    This games pretty fun, thanks again for the code..

Game runs pretty good on my gtx 760 too... playing as Jason right now, 3 down 3 to go

Think I'm going to grab a console version though.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    edited December 2016
    I think the beta lasts until the end of the 24th, still have some codes to give away. Just post and I'll try my best to make sure you get one; sry not giving codes to new accounts with fresh join dates, just make sure you joined a couple days prior to the beta and you should be golden. Still getting used to the game, haven't played dead by daylight so I don't have anything to compare it to. I guess the closest thing would be the Clock Tower series or Haunting Ground but then again those aren't even pvp...

EDIT: I got you Abbachio. Lemme know if it works, not sure if I've sent that one out yet.
    Post edited by viren on
    I think the beta lasts until the end of the 24th, still have some codes to give away. Just post and I'll try my best to make sure you get one; sry not giving codes to new accounts with fresh join dates, just make sure you joined a couple days prior to the beta and you should be golden. Still getting used to the game, haven't played dead by daylight so I don't have anything to compare it to. I guess the closest thing would be the Clock Tower series or Haunting Ground but then again those aren't even pvp...

I'd be very grateful for one of those codes.

XBL: Mortum Kujo - PSN: Mortum_Kujo - NID: Mortum - Steam: http://tinyurl.com/jzdeks7

Can we get a Private match going?

QP is pretty broken right now.
    Dodgers2213 on steam. My bro is testing the beta for me while I hit the gym. I don't have a pc mic at the moment, unless some of those my bro has laying around work.
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
    edited December 2016
    I'll be around later tonight if people would like to try and get some private matches going? You can add people on steam via profiles right?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044350038/

or just search EVER BRAVE GENOME.
    Post edited by Abbachio on

• AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    If you still have a code today I wouldn't mind, AYO_Merc on steam. Have a Joseph Joestar avatar I believe.

Mainly want to test how my PC runs it, and see the progress made.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
    edited December 2016
    @AYO?!: pm sent.

Gaddam I'm bad at this game. Tfw you're Tommy and you let Jason get too close you end up shooting through him lol, feels bad man. On the plus side I did manage to get 3 counselors right at the police escape point after almost going through the entire match at 0 kills. Anyway, still getting used to the game but it's been a lot of fun, any strats would be appreciated (for both Jason and the counselors). Btw what do flares and firecrackers do? I've seen ppl use them but they still seem useless.

EDIT: Manx and Fatal check your check your pms
    Post edited by viren on
    Flares show Jason on the map to other players if he's close enough and firecrackers can confuse Jason's sense ability iirc.

I've had a really annoying bug happen to me where the camera stays fixed on the campfire after the introduction cutscene and I'm not sure of a way to make the camera snap back to the player, even Jason's long range teleport didn't get around it.

• ManxManx Something is wrong... Joined: Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

EDIT: I got you Abbachio. Lemme know if it works, not sure if I've sent that one out yet.

Yo, @viren Can I grab one of those codes?

:tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
    @viren sorry just saw your edit, yeah the code worked.

• FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,071
    Been trying to get a code for a while. Anyone can hook me up?
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,071
    Viren, thanks for following up on that. I greatly appreciate the kind gesture you did. Much appreciated buddy. I won't forget this and hope to reward you with a key to a game of your interest in the future.
    edited December 2016
    Just had a couple of decent games, managed to get 5/6 kills with Jason so I'm pretty happy with that. Vanessa is such a pain in the arse to chase down. dragged her ass out a car window and put my thumbs through her eyes. Someone thought they were clever by crossing the lake so I tele'd to the other side, walked under and pulled him down.

Man this game is so fun when it works, I'm really excited for the full release, if they polish it up well enough.

I need to report a couple of things on the official forums though. Like any stuttering completely fucks Jason's Shift(?) ability, you'll over shoot your target by so much and miss your cancel into attack and obviously the camera bug.

Thanks again for the code Viren!

EDIT

tips on how to handle your characters fear (fear is one of the ways Jason can sense you):

>Decreases fear
    -Being on a road or trail
    -Turning on your flash light
    -Being in a light such as a street light
    -Being inside
    -Holding a weapon
    -Fortifying (THIS IS A HUGE ONE. You can drop your fear by 50% just from locking and barricading a door.)
    -Finding items
    -Being in a group (This stacks so the more people the better.)
    -Finding an item
    -Repairing
    -Performing an objective

>Things that increase fear that you can control
    -Being alone
    -Being off a trail such as being in the woods or graveyard
    -Being in a house when the power is off
    -Finding a dead body (You can normally see them a ways off but it wont trigger until you get close)
    -Not having a weapon and being outside

edited December 2016
    ^Hey thanks for the tips! Agree with you on Vanessa. Really feels bad when you get looped by her in a cabin while everybody else escapes, though I’d probably chalk that up to my own inexperience. I don’t get many opportunities to play Jason so I still have the jitters when I do; shifting is still something I need to get the hang of.

It’s funny that you mentioned grabbing her out of a car; was spectating a match where this Jason stopped a car with three Vanessas and a Jenny. Grabbed the driver (Vanessa) through the window and executed her. Chaos ensued; two of the passengers attempted to re-start the car but were too flustered, as a result Jason executed all three of them. He then proceeded into the woods and caught the last one that fled, it was glorious.

Also agree on the bugs but I guess that’s to be expected from a beta. Regardless, I’d specifically caution the use of hiding in closets as I got stuck in them about four times last night.

Fatal, appreciate it man but please don’t sweat it. I’ve been on the receiving end of SRK’s generosity as well, so I don’t mind giving out something that’s of no use to me, if it can benefit someone else. Anyway, think this is the last day (24th) for the beta so get your games in fellas!
    I cannot wait to play this when I get home from work tonight, and all damn day tomorrow.

Thanks, @viren

SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    They could do an interesting concept with Jason goes to Hell if they plan to incorporate more.

Have the little Jason Parasite kill people and take them over, creating a more paranoid environment. Maybe an alternate win condition to destroy his heart on the map forcing the Jason player to keep tabs on it. Then again mics kill this concept dead.

Also Jason X and a Space Station stage. Tina as a Tommy option could work, throw psychic hands at Jason.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKS Joined: Posts: 3,518
    Damn. Grabbing this game on console.
    XBL/PSN DiegoElFuego

Will play
    (PS4): KOF14, Skullgirls, Blasterz, DBXV2
    (360): MVC2, MVC:O
    (XB1): Everything else non FG's
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,310
    quite surprised how fun this game actually is. I miss it. if you know what you're doing as a counsellor there's plenty of ways to escape. it gets pretty interesting once you get over the panic of actually playing it and styart thinking more strategically about stamina, environmental stealth, knowing when you should search a house and how to navigate it without becoming trapped. brilliant game
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Playing as Jason is all mind games. So much fun. I got 5/7 my first time, and I think the only reason I didn't get the other two was because the other counselors killed them. :rofl: Is that even possible? It said I got 5/7 but the other two were murdered.

Anyhow, they had no chance once I figured out what objectives they were going for. Then again, they didn't really work together as a team. Voice chat is a MUST in this game. I chased around on counselor for about 3 mins uncontested once she used her pen on me. Basically toyed with her and used her as a way to practice the Jason mechanics. No one ever came to save her.

Fun game, but I can see it getting boring really, really quickly.

Official 'Kevin Witness'
    there is friendly fire in this game. You can accidentally blast another counselor with the shot gun for a 1 hit ko
    Steam- Dodgers2213
    PS4-- Dodgers2213
    priceless moments. they are developing it right and making it fun, worlds great improvement compared to the prealpha version. they are adding single player, but the counselors deserve their own SP version of the multiplayer as well

some current details. guess its expected to release next month? well it can depend on certification, which can be a pain with the different regions and their guidelines.

edited April 21
    lots of people are raging

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/66n2eo/last_news_about_certifcations_from_wes_on_discord/

oh well, maybe Samurai Shodown IV will be on PS4 before that
    Post edited by affinity on
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    release date set: May 26th