tek-innovation cases: wrist disconform/chafing

real_vreal_v Joined: Posts: 38
For those of you who have purchased a tek-innovations SB-1 case: How do you deal with the discomfort created by edges of the top panel?

I put together a Hitbox using one of those cases, and the edges dig into my wrists, which is very unpleasant. I could sand the edges to round them a bit, but I don't think that will solve the issue. I think the basic problem is that the edges portrude.
http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12&subcat=&item=120

Fighstick makers deal with this by creating a slope where the wrists rest.
http://madcatz.com/streetfighterv/images/tes-plus-product.png

I ended up not liking the hitbox design itself and, thus, I'm thinking about changing it into a noir-layout fightstick, buy purchasing different top pannels.
But, because of this chafing problem, I'm unsure about it, and might just endup selling the hitbox.

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 34,612 mod
    Never had that issue with my TEK case. Might be that the Hitbox layout is lower than the regular ones.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Karr80Karr80 Joined: Posts: 97
    Surgical tubing in a color that matches.
    Slice open and warp around the edge.
    "It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 428
    I can see this happening with a hitbox, you can get cheap rubber mousepads and wrap the edged with some cut pieces.
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • DeeQueDeeQue Can't Kill Kawaii Joined: Posts: 278
    It's acrylic right? If the edge is too sharp, gently round the edge with some sandpaper. I recommend a soft sanding block with some 600 grit sandpaper. Once it feels good, go to 1000 grit to get all the scratches out. after that you can rub out the scratches with some buffing compound. That's what I do for all of mine.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 471
    Modified my hand posture (curled fingers--piano style with palm base just before edge) and all is well now. There's not much of an issue with the joystick side at all, just the right hand with the buttons.

Surgical tubing sounds like an interesting idea. Only two issues:
    1. Wonder if it would bunch up/warp over time.
    2. Good luck finding it sold in less than 10-20' lengths...

• Principlesof98Principlesof98 Joined: Posts: 7
    I lightly sanded mine rounding and softening the edges. I had same problem. Love it now