GRAVITY BREAKERS: Beowulf is the announcer

Comments

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    I keep thinking she's a fish, but I'm guessing that's not your intention.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 2,262
    edited February 18
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    I keep thinking she's a fish, but I'm guessing that's not your intention.

I mean, she's blue and she doesn't have any visible nostrils so it's a fair assumption.
    Technically she's a mutant humanoid. Her colonist ancestors fiddled with their genome in order to survive on an inhospitable planet so it's entirely possible that they spliced in some fish DNA.
    I'm making a fighting game!
    SRK thread - Discord server.
    Her hair even makes her head shaped like a fish.

Or... a headless bird with its wings down. I dunno.

I'd love to jump in but I'd rather wait until you have a Steam presence for this game, that is if you're planning to release it on Steam.

edited February 21
    @PsychoJosh Yeah, I definitely want to get the game on Steam. Not sure if I should put it on Greenlight now or wait for Direct...
    Post edited by truendymion on
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    So this is gonna be like a newish psychic force?

I could get into that. Keep working on it, game looks neat.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    edited February 21
    @Pertho The basic premise of always airborne, never touching the ground is similar. I've never actually played Psychic Force so it hasn't influenced the game design at all.
    Do you have any expertise with that game?
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,354 mod
    I havent touched psychic force in years. It was 2 player though. You're game is angling yo have more than 2 characters on screen.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    Pertho wrote: »
    I havent touched psychic force in years. It was 2 player though. You're game is angling yo have more than 2 characters on screen.

Yeah were gonna try 4 players. Its gonna be wild =)
    Working on the character select screen...
    TFhkKhF.png
    Oh yeah a new build went out. Added combo damage scaling and infinite prevention system. Get it on itch or gumroad.

Were getting ready to put it on Steam and maybe do a kickstarter.
    If you run a kickstarter I hope you add VO and make Cardinal sound like a surfer.

edited March 1
    Yes, these characters absolutely need VO. We don't have a sound department atm so crowdfunding would definitely help in that regard.
    edited March 4
    I've been contacted by a few different composers/sound designers over the past month. I think we are close to making a final pick. I'll keep yall posted...
    WTF you can't upload .gifs to Indiegogo? FUK OTTA HERE!
    So during my research, I decided to take a look back at the Beast's Fury campaign. It's astounding how much money they were able to raise and how poorly they managed it. A cautionary tale to be sure...
    Our Code Wizard @JoeStrout is integrating Rewired advanced input system. Better gamepad support along with in-game button config is coming!
    edited March 16
    Hey here's a first pass on the kickstarter vid
    Looks great!

So what I'm getting from Cardinal is that he's just some sort of human who augmented the hell out of himself so he looks the way he does? Or is he an entirely different race?

@PsychoJosh

He has a schtick where he makes up a new origin story everytime someone asks about it. I know the Dark Knight did something similar with Joker but I've had this idea long before that movie came out and I'm sticking to it!
    GRIMY SPACE PUB - DUSK
    Guy 1: "Who is that Cardinal guy, anyway?"

Guy 2: "Don't you know? He's the last of a race of powerful alien demons, who were all wiped out when their planet was destroyed by an elite corps of shape-shifting assassins. He spent the next 20 years hunting down and killing all of the shape-shifters, and now he wanders the universe in a vain search for more of his kind."

Guy 1: "No, man, I heard that he's really one of the shape-shifting assassin guys, but he's stuck looking like one of those demons because of an injury he got during the mission to destroy their planet. Although some people say that he can still change his shape, but he stays looking like that out of a promise he made to a lady demon he fell in love with but later had to kill."

Guy 3: "Ha! You guys have seriously bought all that crap, haven't you? Cardinal's not a 'space demon' or a 'shape-shifting super ninja', he's just a con-man in a powersuit that he probably stole from somewhere, and he's made up all these ridiculous rumors to make himself sound like a total badass and so nobody will know he's really a lightweight."

Guy1: "Oh yeah? Well if you're so sure then why don't you go kick his ass?"

Guy3: "Sure, if I ever meet him, I totally will!"

Guy1: "Well, it's your lucky day, tough guy! He's sitting right over there!"

Guy3: "Wait, what? Really?"

Guy1: "Yeah, really."

Guy3: "Oh crap..."
    Wow, you've had this thought out for a while. Just like me with my stuff!

Looks great!
    Hey, you're usually super critical. You aren't just blowing smoke up my ass because we're e-buddies are you? If you have critiques lay it on me!

BTW I know the environment needs work: the grass kinda sux and the lighting is off. Were trying to fix that ASAP.
    Alright, Kickstarter launching next week! We'll also be launching on Greenlight simultaneously if it isn't shutdown before then.
    Looks great!
    Hey, you're usually super critical. You aren't just blowing smoke up my ass because we're e-buddies are you? If you have critiques lay it on me!

BTW I know the environment needs work: the grass kinda sux and the lighting is off. Were trying to fix that ASAP.

Well there aren't enough giant anime ladies but you probably already knew that.

Looks great!

Well there aren't enough giant anime ladies but you probably already knew that.

We have a character in the works who you might gravitate to...
    edited March 23
    BTW were working on streamlining the controls, basically adding button combos for some functions. The new scheme will be 3 attacks (A- straight, B- wide, C- exotic) dash, shield, and range modifier. Shield+A=grab, Shield+C=super, Shield+Dash=roman cancel.
    Post edited by truendymion on
    Here's a preview of our kickstarter campaign, coming soon! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kinganimation/600037401?token=8394b253
    edited March 30
    The Kickstarter campaign is going to be delayed by a week or two. Apologies!
    edited April 10
  • pieteratorpieterator Joined: Posts: 27
    Hey, gave the Kickstarter prototype a go, and there's already some nice features in it.

I like the idea of using both the x and y axis for movement, it opens up a whole new range of possible attack and projectile patterns. That said, I'm always a bit weary of games that use momentum based movement. In fighting games you want your movement to be pin point accurate, and not be carried into an attack after you've taken your finger of the d-pad due to momentum.

There is potential to have some really fun moments with dodging if you gave bullet hell super moves that the other player would need to dodge through in order to punish. Something like bullet hell from long range, and DBZ when in close range.

Some other notes:
    - When I was dashing away from my opponent, I exited the screen until the zoom-out caught up. Consider increasing the zoom speed of the camera, or a marker showing where you are off screen.
    - When a hit connected the hit sound effect played after hitstop was over. This made the game feel like it was lagging rather than freezing for a powerful hit. Most fighting games play their hit sound at the beginning of hitstop.
    - I never knew exactly when I was in which range, in other words whether short or long range attacks would come out if I pressed a button. It would be nice of there was some indication of when long range combat transitions into close range combat.

Bugs:
    - Training Mode crashed when I tried to select it.

Good luck with the Kickstarter :)
    edited April 10
    @pieterator
    Thanks for the feedback man!
    - When I was dashing away from my opponent, I exited the screen until the zoom-out caught up. Consider increasing the zoom speed of the camera, or a marker showing where you are off screen.
    We switched the camera settings to accommodate the super attack camera zoom. We're working on adding two different cameras (1 that tracks the action, 1 for cinematic camera zooms)
    - When a hit connected the hit sound effect played after hitstop was over. This made the game feel like it was lagging rather than freezing for a powerful hit. Most fighting games play their hit sound at the beginning of hitstop.
    Wow, good catch! We're actually reworking how the entire hitstop system works, we'll lump that in.
    - I never knew exactly when I was in which range, in other words whether short or long range attacks would come out if I pressed a button. It would be nice of there was some indication of when long range combat transitions into close range combat.
    We're going to add a different stance for long range attacks that should hopefully make it crystal clear (Cardinal will stick his shooting hand out when in far range).
    Bugs:
    - Training Mode crashed when I tried to select it.
    Ah yeah that's a known bug, somethings got broken when we added the new main menu recently :/
    We have a discord if you are into that sort of thing https://discord.gg/eypW8AN
    Really interesting designs.

Hello, Valeria.

@PsychoJosh I'm not surprised...
    We're going to have a table for Disturbing the Verse at WNF week after next. So if anyone is in the SoCal area you should come check out the latest build! Thanks, Alex Valle for giving us the opportunity!
    @PsychoJosh I'm not surprised...

Well I mean you wanted me to notice her didn't ya? :tongue: