Know How: The Mad Catz Pro Cable

2»

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    Would like make a post confirming that the pinout posted on the 1st page for the Panthera also indeed works for the Atrox.

On that note, does anyone who's made custom cables for the Panthera using generic aviation connectors have any issues with how recessed the male connector is on the Panthera's case? I tried it on my Atrox, but since the lug on the aviation connector isn't as big as the one on the stock Atrox cable, I have a bit of a harder to screwing/unscrewing the thing. Wondering if the Panthera's male connector is any more or less recessed than the Atrox.

Atrox with stock cable
    https://i.imgur.com/Zw7Fqj7.jpg

Atrox with custom cable
    https://i.imgur.com/vX9xMDL.jpg

I wish I can help you but my Atrox is an actual prototype I tested for Razer.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • JackalsJackals Joined: Posts: 42

PS4 TE2s (TE2+ included) use the pinout posted by JesseJames

Xbox One TE2, Xbox One Atrox and Panthera use the same pinout according to the IPW video about the Panthera (I think it was posted somewhere on the first page)

Xbox One TE2's cable uses the same pinout as the PS4 version.
  • N7KhanN7Khan Joined: Posts: 13
    So to my understanding, any old usb cable would work here when creating a new pro cable? Just want to make sure before attempting this.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    edited October 1
    Yes

EDIT: Make sure it's a charging and data sync cable instead of just a charging cable, of course.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,279
    Yes

EDIT: Make sure it's a charging and data sync cable instead of just a charging cable, of course.

I like using USB cables that are marketed for Printers and not Cell Phones.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • jcontradictionjcontradiction Joined: Posts: 3
    Would like make a post confirming that the pinout posted on the 1st page for the Panthera also indeed works for the Atrox.

On that note, does anyone who's made custom cables for the Panthera using generic aviation connectors have any issues with how recessed the male connector is on the Panthera's case? I tried it on my Atrox, but since the lug on the aviation connector isn't as big as the one on the stock Atrox cable, I have a bit of a harder to screwing/unscrewing the thing. Wondering if the Panthera's male connector is any more or less recessed than the Atrox.

Atrox with stock cable
    Zw7Fqj7.jpg

Atrox with custom cable
    vX9xMDL.jpg

Did you have to replace the factory male part with the aviation male connector in your Panthera /Atrox? how difficult was it to install the aviation male connector to Panthera /Atrox? Does it require a drilling or modification to the body of Panthera /Atrox?
  • vandariel_PLvandariel_PL Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

First of all I'd like to thank the OP and all of you for the info I've found here - that was invaluable.

Second, let me ask if you have any ideas on why it could be not working - at least for me :))

I've found the comnector, I've soldered the cables firm, without any mess or interconnections, all acording to the pin out schematics above. The stick glows briefly, then PC informs about unrecognized device. Xbox does not inform about anything, just does not work. While using the second USB set of pins located on the stick interface board - everything works just perfect (on the PC and xbox as well)

I'm stuck. Is it possible I've mistaken ground and shield cables for example? Both are black...

Thanks in advance for any help!
2»