Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Comments

• CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,736
    edited December 2017
    Cestus wrote: »

is just them, that if the western guy/girl is'nt blond they panic
    https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/arthur-sc3-wallpp.jpg

Arthur is a completely different case though. He outright replaces mitsurugi in the Korean versions of the game.

Right, he was blond from the start in SC1 (and even there he was blond as "watch, he's western now!!!" =) )

Strange thing, here in Italy on our arcade cabinet of SC1 Arthur was there instead of Mitsu

I seen SC1 Mitsu for the first time in DC version
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,478
    edited December 2017
    WT
    Post edited by Monkey66 on
  • The Invincible SwordsmanThe Invincible Swordsman Only built for SRK Joined: Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gotta have Zwei with more moves.

This has been THE INVINCIBLE SWORDSMAN saying:

He was such a cool character. But it felt like the developers made him as balanced (read: low tier in comparison to much of the other characters) as possible. Which is funny, considering how amazing Viola was.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 827
    Soul Calibur has no need for out of place trash like Algol, Zwei, and Viola. There are real weapon forms that can use some representation.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can deal with Algol as he is a VERY important part of the lore and neccesary.

Agreed on Viola and Zwei.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
    edited December 2017
    Algol was'nt bad but is also something supposed to appear in SC4

Give me a new badass Boss, possibly with a normal weapon

Said that i want to see ex bastards like Cervantes and Zasalamel, 2 great villains that style wise integrate better to the game than Algol imho
    Post edited by Cestus on

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • GhostTearGhostTear Senior Highschool Photo Joined: Posts: 2,828
    I know who the next guest character is gonna be. For maximum profit and seeing a particular franchise leasing out their characters...
    latest?cb=20131001232141
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • MarginalMarginal Chikara Sashimi Joined: Posts: 17
    Sora's owned by Disney though. I'd like to see Samurai armor Wolverine but I doubt that'll happen. I think FFVII Remake Cloud is a better bet.
    Marginal wrote: »
    Sora's owned by Disney though. I'd like to see Samurai armor Wolverine but I doubt that'll happen. I think FFVII Remake Cloud is a better bet.

Yeah Cloud is a good bet, specially after Noctis being in TK7 (for no reason at all lol)

Other possible option is Dante IF a new DMC get finally announced

Also the new viking Kratos, if they're willing to do a PS4 exclusive one

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,140
    Marginal wrote: »
    Sora's owned by Disney though.

[citation needed]
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,277
    I hope Taki, Kilik and Maxi will be in this game.
    Also Rolento as guest character would be dope.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

Pls not modern looking guest lol

• appoappo (¬‿¬) Joined: Posts: 5,097
    LiangHuBBB wrote: »

rolento rolling around on a 3d stage....hmm..dont know man.
    the amount of ringouts due to sidestepping, it will just end tragic.

• Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,278
    Ringouts due to sidestepping?
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 711
    edited January 3
    Legend II wrote: »

Important to the lore? lol, important or not his moveset makes little sense in SC. I hope he never appears in another game.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,278
    Yeah he's ass.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,100
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    Neclord wrote: »
    I don't mind Patroklos as long as Setsuka is back.

And make it the classic setsuka, not this blonde ass clone of hers

I'm still trying to figure out who thought that was a good idea to make her blonde in 4.

Setsuka was a European living in Japan, it was very likely that she dyed her hair and assumed the name Setsuka to fit in. Her P2 costume in Soul Calibur 3 has blonde hair if I recall correctly.

She most likely assumed a hybrid identity at some point after SC3.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    N_paul wrote: »

Important to the lore? lol, important or not his moveset makes little sense in SC. I hope he never appears in another game.

Yes, he is the Hero King and he created both swords.

Before SC5, the Soul series had one of the better stories in FG, this side of Mortal Kombat.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,672
    Yeah, Algol is important as he is the creator of both swords. I wish they would have expanded upon that on SC4. The thing I don't like about his moveset was the ball attacks.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 441

Before SC5, the Soul series had one of the better stories in FG, this side of Mortal Kombat.

Hero king forged both sword and all that...what does he do "summon a chair and launch motherfucking bubbles !" also dont forget the "shit coming's out my back !". You wanted the fire/ice stuff from soul edge and soul calibur from a dude who wield both ? ha ! fat chance.

Algol is cool on lore paper and should stay this way. "Hero king, made sword with weird demon and weird zen angel inside".
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,475
    edited January 3
    a strong Algol player was fun to play against. I would say keep Algol (according to high level gameplay) but according to the lore you wouldn't see him until sciv or a long long time before cervantes found the swords

"The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    is there foot dive? otherwise not playing :coffee:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 711
    SNAAAAKE wrote: »
    is there foot dive? otherwise not playing :coffee:

Just pick Nightmare and 3B your way to victory
  • MarginalMarginal Chikara Sashimi Joined: Posts: 17

I dunno. I'd say the story took its damage in IV. That's where all those nuggets were laid in the first place. V just took what they'd built on and took it to the natural conclusion. (Art book shows they had a lot more in mind with that story prior to the tsunami and corporate pressures.)

I mean, IV's idea of a satisfying ending was "And character X wandered off and was never heard from again"
    "Hot" Mitsurugi @5:35 :pensive:

• Phantom_MiriaPhantom_Miria Cammy <3 Joined: Posts: 545
    Such vile objectification of the male body.

/s
    Put Decapre in Street Fighter V!
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,672
    from the leaker Vergeben:
    So I heard something new.
    My main SCVI source said that they heard most of the Lost Swords roster that wasn't in SCV will be a part of SCVI.
    Looking at that game's roster, it had Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Siegfried, Nightmare, Taki, Ivy, Astaroth, Maxi, Cervantes, Raphael, Amy, Seong Mi-Na, Cassandra, Hilde, Leixia, Patroklos, and Pyrrha.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,055
    edited January 6
    I wonder when they're gonna start revealing new characters and builds.

Also I didn't notice before, but after seeing clips in the above with Sophie's hair down, I'm pretty damn impressed with the hair in this game.
    Post edited by Aion on
    Patroklos and Pyrrha.

disappointment.gif

Add leixia to the crap lol

Aion wrote: »
    I wonder when they're gonna start revealing new characters and builds.

Also I didn't notice before, but after seeing clips in the above with Sophie's hair down, I'm pretty damn impressed with the hair in this game.

i guess after the db game comes out the pr stuff for soul rolls on.

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 27,140
    My main SCVI source said that they heard most of the Lost Swords roster that wasn't in SCV will be a part of SCVI.
    Looking at that game's roster, it had Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Siegfried, Nightmare, Taki, Ivy, Astaroth, Maxi, Cervantes, Raphael, Amy, Seong Mi-Na, Cassandra, Hilde, Leixia, Patroklos, and Pyrrha.

This shit better not be real. Where the fuck is Talim? You only had one job Namco!
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • GhostTearGhostTear Senior Highschool Photo Joined: Posts: 2,828

This shit better not be real. Where the fuck is Talim? You only had one job Namco!

its 15 years in the past...how the fuck old is leixia...fuk
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • Monkey66Monkey66 Joined: Posts: 1,478
    edited January 7
    Nvm
    Post edited by Monkey66 on
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,885
    Patroklos and Pyrrha.

disappointment.gif

nPat was like, the one good sequential character though

I hope these mechanics are not finalized. Otherwise Soul Calibur VI's gameplay will be whack as fuck.
  • tonyz723tonyz723 Joined: Posts: 57
    Yeah if that's all true then it's pretty iffy
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 441
    That rock-paper-cissor-paper2-rock2-cissor2-paper3-rock3 mecanic seem strange.
    edited January 11
    Yes, reverse edge is weird and apparently takes too long. I also think they fucked up with guard impact being an answer to everything from lows to throws. I sincerely hope they ditch that nonsense. I am also concerned about the removal of A+K, since that could mean that movesets are once again put on the chopping block.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,879
    Wait...GI affects throws? I don't recall GI's ever affecting throws.