Comments

• XhominidXhominid Knight of Dizzy Joined: Posts: 559
    Get rid of Natsu
    Bring back Taki

Get rid of Pyrrha
    Bring back Sophitia

Bring back Zasalamel
    Bring back Talim

Make Guard Impact not cost meter (dumbest shit in the game)
    Widen the moveset of the characters

Bitch, it's that type of talk that made us lose all the old characters!

Keep Pyrrha and Natsu and give them more revised movesets, castrate Patroklus. and bring back Cassandra you bastard, how can you forget the sister goddess to Sophitia, you heathen dog!
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Xhominid wrote: »
    Get rid of Natsu
    Bring back Taki

Get rid of Pyrrha
    Bring back Sophitia

Bring back Zasalamel
    Bring back Talim

Make Guard Impact not cost meter (dumbest shit in the game)
    Widen the moveset of the characters
    it's that type of talk that made us lose all the old characters!

how?

idc bout cassandra
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 795
    edited August 2016
    Daishi Odashima made us lose all the original Soul Calibur characters, moves, and systems in exchange for his homage to Third Strike and Guilty Gear.

Given your avatar and response you are part of the problem
    none of you guys are making any sense

Game designer/director fucked up the game during the planning stage. The tsunami, budget, and time restraints only made it slightly worse.
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,653

Ok that's enough of watching Timothy de la Ghetto for you.

As for your statement, fuck Pyrrha and Natsu. They are literally reskins of Sophitia and Taki and much more annoying (in voice, character and playstyle). Also can you please explain to me (if you have the ability to do so) how wanting the classics made Namco get rid of them?

Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sophitia has been top tier in every Soul Calibur lol. Da fuck you mean boring?

Shes literally like the Mishima of Soul Calibur. Strong no matter what.

Nope.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,119
    none of you guys are making any sense
    Daishi was a huge fan of 3rd Strike, and threw in a bunch of concepts from that game into SCV.

New protagonist (Alex = Patroklos)
    Naked boss guy (Urien/Gil = Algol)
    Meters/EX moves = Critical Edge/Brave Edge
    Just Guard = 3rd Strike parry

Taking damage after breaking a throw was a SF2 thing I think, but it was also a borrowed idea that was completely unnecessary.

T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    You do know half that shit was in IV right?
    SFV - Balrog
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,086
    You can't keep anyone new from SCV because that would make everyone in SCIV 20 years older. Taki and Ivy were already in their 30s and we know old women in FGs don't exist except for Kitana and that old chick in Powers Instinct.
    edited August 2016
    Honestly It's hard to keep Pyrra and bring back Cassandra because she's a hybrid of Sophitia/Cassandra. Cassandra was originally like a less tanky Sophitia with tricky mix ups with the same core Sophitia gameplay. Pyrra is basically Cassandra with Sophitias signature moves.

Nastu is even worse she's just Takis moveset minus possession rush stance mixup and blonde hair.

Monkey King could have been a cool character. But Kilik is just so much better.

SCV was a terrible game.

As for your statement, fuck Pyrrha and Natsu. They are literally reskins of Sophitia and Taki and much more annoying (in voice, character and playstyle). Also can you please explain to me (if you have the ability to do so) how wanting the classics made Namco get rid of them?

Someone acting like a real lord of edge here.
    Just because they are annoying to you, doesn't mean that they shouldn't matter. And it seems like you are stupid enough not to get my point.
    In layman's terms, you are basically wanting to throw away characters just so you can get the originals back rather than retool the new characters and have the original characters back.
    edited August 2016
    Sophitia has been top tier in every Soul Calibur lol. Da fuck you mean boring?

Shes literally like the Mishima of Soul Calibur. Strong no matter what.

Nope.

What soul Calibur was Sophie not top 3 or at least top 5? Soul Calibur 4? Everybody was good in that game except Tira and Rock.

SCV when she was a palette swap of Tira?

Sophitia okizeme and punish potential from angel step keeps her strong in every SC. She's not ranked high tier wise and still has strong tournament showing?

Just because they are annoying to you, doesn't mean that they shouldn't matter. And it seems like you are stupid enough not to get my point.
    In layman's terms, you are basically wanting to throw away characters just so you can get the originals back rather than retool the new characters and have the original characters back.

And you seem to be missing the necessary equipment in your skull to answer my question. How does wanting characters like Talim and Zasalamel back in the game cause the developer to want to get rid of them?

Remember these are your words, not mine.
    SFV - Balrog
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,885
    Or they do what SF did and put 6 in between 4 and 5 or whatnot.

If they put another Kilik/Mina amalgation in there and not both styles I'm out though.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
    Or even worse just delete a character like Setsuka and give an already existing character her moveset.

Seriously. White woman in feudal Japan with hidden blade style and big tits. Let's take her out and replace her with evil Zac Effron.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877
    nPat was a perfectly good new take on the Greek archetype for Soul Calibur. He's basically the one new character I'd want to keep. Ezio was also the best guest character the series has seen, fit in perfectly.

And you seem to be missing the necessary equipment in your skull to answer my question. How does wanting characters like Talim and Zasalamel back in the game cause the developer to want to get rid of them?

Remember these are your words, not mine.

Still talking as if you are smarter than you think you are...

I never said anything about not wanting the older characters back, you again don't even understand what you are critiquing since you take one of my sentences, but then completely apply it wrong.

I basically said why should the NEWER characters leave for the OLDER characters to come back. Why not retweak the newer characters' movesets away from the older characters' counterparts or...better yet, have them as alternate skins for those that pretty much have entire movesets.
    Tis my birthday and I'm pissed so I'm going for a freebie
    Xhomid is a fucking idiot from what I can gather

Bring back setsuka, ivy ( the real one ) give yoshi all his shit from 4
    Cut out using bar for everything
    Make Kilik, Kilik bring back taki
    Give everyone their original moveset along with some additions and we good
    I'll just put him on ignore. I refuse to lose any more IQ points by reading his posts.
    SFV - Balrog
    edited August 2016
    How do you put someone on ignore?

And Patroklos was lame. All the new characters are lame.

Even if he was a decent character, why take Setsukas moveset?

They literally butchered the fan favorites. Its hilarious. Literally the most popular characters in the series were either eliminated, gimped or turned into random select mimic characters.

SC was literally my most favorite FG ever. Theres no way you would have been a fan from the beginning if you were pleased by SCV.
    Wow, already have 2 morons whose crying because I dare say to not remove the newer characters and just revamp them...

Don't know if that's real sad or just normal for online.
    Most bad ideas are dropped in the planning stage of development, but everything added to Soul Calibur V sadly made it all the way through to the final product.
  • MuttonmanMuttonman Joined: Posts: 2,877

They literally butchered the fan favorites. Its hilarious. Literally the most popular characters in the series were either eliminated, gimped or turned into random select mimic characters.

SC was literally my most favorite FG ever. Theres no way you would have been a fan from the beginning if you were pleased by SCV.

nPat was fun as hell. aPat was dumb
    edited August 2016

Click the person's name and there will be a small box on the top right saying ignore. Click that, confirm it and from that point on any post said person makes will be blacked out. Too bad you can only do it to five people.

SFV - Balrog
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,420 mod

Do you ever get tired of saying stupid shit?
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
    What soul Calibur was Sophie not top 3 or at least top 5? Soul Calibur 4? Everybody was good in that game except Tira and Rock.

SCV when she was a palette swap of Tira?

Sophitia okizeme and punish potential from angel step keeps her strong in every SC. She's not ranked high tier wise and still has strong tournament showing?

Soul Edge, SC1, SC2, SC3AE, SC4 Broken Destiny.

She is competitive. That I will give you. She's the Paul Phoenix of Soulcalibur so she is standard to good.
    Or even worse just delete a character like Setsuka and give an already existing character her moveset.

Seriously. White woman in feudal Japan with hidden blade style and big tits. Let's take her out and replace her with evil Zac Effron.

Or take out Zasalamel.

Inmortal African priest thinking he is Uatu or something.

Nah, I'm just messing with you since I know you like Zas but for real, leave my Setsuka alone. She is the shit!!! :cool:
    edited August 2016
    Pertho wrote: »

Do you ever get tired of saying stupid shit?

Your problems with me are not my problems lol. Theyre your problems.

My opinion. My favorite FG. My favorite series. Entire reason I joined message boards, became a mod on 8wayrun, entering SC tournaments at 15 years old. The way I feel, despite what you think about it is the general opinion of most of the long time SC players.

So you can deal with that and get over it. People played SCV, longer than SCIV which isnt saying much, but thats not because it was an excellent game. It was very mediocre and the soul calibur forums have been inactive for literally years. Its safe to say I know what im talking about here. Core gameplay mechanics are there but the reasons that SCV are lackluster have been gone over already in this topic, you conveniently skipped over it just to insult me which is pretty pathetic if youre a moderator I figured your job was to keep an eye on the discussion not call people names.
  • PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,420 mod
    snip

I've been playing SC since Soul Blade. That means that I've been playing it longer than 15 years you're reporting. The problem isn't SC5, its your community. SC3 was busted and people constantly bitched and quit, then SC4 came out and people bitched because t was boring and dropped it and now SC5 was bitching about Viola and where's Taki.

SC5 is fucking great, the SC community is fucking ass. Say what you want about other games, but they at least grin and bear it because new games will come out. SC can't even do that.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,406
    scV is some mangled shit. on the plus side I have the physical copy so I can crush it with my foot
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    Soul Calibur V is as horrible as its free to play counterpart. Nothing great about it at all.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,119
    You do know half that shit was in IV right?
    What?

Having to meet a requirement (break someone's guard gauge) to do a guaranteed round winning cinematic isn't the same as having a set meter giving you access to "enhanced" versions of moves that builds on block or hit.

Just Guard didn't exist in SCIV, you just had Guard Impact and red Guard Impact.

Siegfried was the main protagonist in SCIV. Hilde, Algol and SW characters weren't presented as a main protagonist like Patroklos is in SCV.

T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    5 is neutered thats all there is to it

the movelist and ex moves behind them leave a hollow experience
    not to mention that the new characters dont leave the same lasting impression as the former

ive played every soul calibur including soul blade

five is brittle

compare yoshi in other version s to the yoshimisu in 5
    compare what ivy was to the sc5 ivy

what the fuck is killik lmfao

theres no comparison and do you know why
    because they are shit compared to what they were in games prior

those stupid ex moves were there to appeal to a new cast who were too lazy to delve into the older games and find the real shit you could do

5 is neutered thats all there is to it

the movelist and ex moves behind them leave a hollow experience
    not to mention that the new characters dont leave the same lasting impression as the former

ive played every soul calibur including soul blade

five is brittle

compare yoshi in other version s to the yoshimisu in 5
    compare what ivy was to the sc5 ivy

what the fuck is killik lmfao

theres no comparison and do you know why
    because they are shit compared to what they were in games prior

those stupid ex moves were there to appeal to a new cast who were too lazy to delve into the older games and find the real shit you could do

If I could rep you a billion times, I would.

That's exactly how I felt about 5.

It is obvious that it was made from the groundup for online gameplay in mind and they succeded there but it was an empty husk compared to previous games in the saga.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    To the people shitting on 5, do you think it's worse than 3 and 4?
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,937
    I definitely think SC5 is worse than 3 and 4, and I hated 4.
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2016
    Eh I'd say, 4 > 5 > 3 . 5 wasn't the same feeling and some of the supers were pretty dumb (a-Pat comes to mind with 2A -> super), but I did like the EX moves even if some were pretty stupid.

I'd be happy with Natsu or Taki. Natsu actually had a few new flashy moves added that were quite useful in combos especially pre-nerf. So I'd like some of that stuff kept if they bring back Taki. I'd be pretty stoked for a new SC, just try to not put completely OP game breaking bullshit in their this time guys.
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    4 > 5 personally for me. 3 and 5 are about even, but I slightly like 3 more.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• JoeyTonesJoeyTones Joined: Posts: 1,079
    I can't wait to see SC6. Hopefully SC2 was their main inspiration. That game looked so hype.

They will probably pull a SF4 in terms of roster and go largely with SC2 and SC4 characters and designs.