Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Comments

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,404
    edited November 29
    All they need to do is make sc3 Arcade Edition the base mechanics. And I suppose try to add something flashy that doesn’t break shit. Maybe build on the Guard button to make it more akin to real weapon fighting. Being situated in a stationary guarded position is usually last resort in weapon fighting.

That’s for soul calibur though, I wouldn’t mind a Soul Edge/Blade 2 with the memorable OST and return of the Khan Super Session
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,366
    What happened to SC3 between Arcade and consoles? I skipped that game.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 794
    You have it backwards. The PS2 exclusive release of Soul Calibur III preceded the Arcade Edition release (i.e. they fucked up and the console version has problems).

I would love to see Soul Calibur III: Arcade Edition fully realized with minimum stun default to prevent waggling/mashing. Highest quality game in the series as far as I am concerned.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,588
    I just read the other Soucalibur 6 thread, I almost spilled my cereal.

Some think Sophitia could return like Algol did. The way they've described Astral Chaos, as long as you have a strong personality/will you can poof yourself back to life whenever you want. That's basically what Algol did. He's the manifestation of Astral Chaos' memories of Algol. So anything living or dead that's touched Astral Chaos is all pretty much fair game for a return.

I would like it if the new game was titled Soul EDGE 2. But apparently, they thought the name was too harsh for the masses

ES_Curse wrote: »
    What happened to SC3 between Arcade and consoles? I skipped that game.

"Soulcalibur III: Arcade Edition is a re-tuned, re-vamped, and, most importantly, fixed version of Soulcalibur III. Naturally, all glitches found in the console version have been fixed. In addition to that we've re-tuned the overall balance of many moves and re-vamped Amy, Hwang and Li Long as official characters. All three have been revised into more unique move sets and help to expand the already expansive Soulcalibur III line-up." ----WCMaxi (Namco Producer)

"Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Naeras wrote: »
    Legend II wrote: »
    If people want an offense heavy game with safe frame data, then they should look more to SC1 type of game and pace, not SC2.

SC2 had lots and lots of issues at high level.

Like what?
    Genuinely curious, step guard and 2G are the two things I hear people routinely talk about there, and I've heard people defend both of those.

There is also TER. (Throw Escape Recovery)

But yes, Avoid along with Step Guard with the better steppers like Xianghua, Cervantes and Ivy and 2G GI animations and Stance animations was just too much.

All that needs to return from SC2 is the SCC system and AG/RG. Nothing else.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    MvCI: Gamora/Thanos, Gamora/Sigma
    KOF 14: Clark, Kula, Mai and Yuri, Ryuji, Terry
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Abigail, Kolin
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,134 mod
    edited December 1
    Naeras wrote: »
    If people want an offense heavy game with safe frame data, then they should look more to SC1 type of game and pace, not SC2.

SC2 had lots and lots of issues at high level.

Like what?
    Genuinely curious, step guard and 2G are the two things I hear people routinely talk about there, and I've heard people defend both of those.

There is also TER. (Throw Escape Recovery)

But yes, Avoid along with Step Guard with the better steppers like Xianghua, Cervantes and Ivy and 2G GI animations and Stance animations was just too much.

All that needs to return from SC2 is the SCC system and AG/RG. Nothing else.

Never played the original SC. What exactly in the game made it so that it had good offense and, more importantly safe frame data, while keeping that in line without step-G?

I mean, Step-G actually kept stuff like Xianghua's 22B (side stepping safe vertical that beats step, beats A, and will clash or beat B ) from being too overwhelming. Step-G meant you could actually step out to beat it, whereas without it, you'd be too afraid to try anything since it would beat almost anything.
  • CestusCestus Sorry for my english :D Joined: Posts: 6,583
    edited December 1
    Reboot SC1 pls, with dat artstyle

SC1 entire cast + Raph, Talim, Zasa, Setsuka, Tira, Hilde

Then add new characters, lot of them

Fuck retard successors, all of them

No guest

Free parries

Big movesets

Return to real world places instead crap fantasylands

Pay 9500$ Mirko "CroCop" Filipovich to kick Daishi Odashima's face

I will be okay with these changes
    Post edited by Cestus on
    I designed SFV Ken, your argument is invalid.
    "@Cestus tightened her ass up" - YagamiFire

All SFV Colors here!- http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214626/new-colors-for-story-and-battle-alts/p1
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,846
    Rumor is that Namco is going to announce five new games on December 15th
    http://roosterteeth.com/post/51525752

PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,664
    I'm really excited for SCVI, heard they were messing around with multiple selectable playstyles per character(max his video?) and it not working out. I hope they dropped that idea it alltogether.

Now gimme Taki, Hilde and Setsuka(piss of Alfa Patroklos scum!)
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• N_paulN_paul aka Peaches Joined: Posts: 694
    They should just build around having step guard in a game. SC4 and SC5 are the results of the devs trying to make the game work with terrible step options. I wouldn't mind seeing 2G out of stances gone, especially since not every stance could do it.

I'm going to try to pick up SC5 again soon so I can see if it plays like I remember it; if it is like I remember then I'll get annoyed and go back to playing SC2 within a few hours.
    edited December 3

and people are talking about a recent Max video about SC? Haven't watched it yet, but apparently talks about SC being at PSX ?

Post edited by AriesWarlock on
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 582
    I really just want a return to the speed and ease of movement and options of 2. theres a reason most people like it and it is so much to feel like youre in full control of your character where the latter ones were either too broken (SCIII), too slow (SCIV), or didnt make any damn bit of sense (SCV). I just want a relatively fun, free, no bullshit 3D weapon fighter.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,044
    Oh and bring back WL moves...don't know why they ever got rid of them in the first place.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,117
    I aint getting my hopes up
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    Remember when SC was on The Big Bang show?

• mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,171
    I know they are gonna add some new gameplay system since its 2017 an gotta look supa flashy, but I want the overall base game to play a lot like SC2 that's all I want
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,190
    I remember SCV having maybe my fave online lobby at the time. TTT2 had a similar get-up. Then T7 went all ugly. So I'm scared for SC6.

The miniscreen, text log, player stack lobby was awesome and should be standard.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • AionAion Is a Pre-Madonna Joined: Posts: 1,044
    edited December 4
    Posting some classic SC3 sets, they're so old but I still love them:

NeoShinji vs ThuggishPond

NeoShinji vs XCTU(HeartNana)
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 765
    I remember SCV having maybe my fave online lobby at the time. TTT2 had a similar get-up. Then T7 went all ugly. So I'm scared for SC6.

The miniscreen, text log, player stack lobby was awesome and should be standard.

The lobby system was awesome. Every game should do that I agree. Don't know why more people didn't copy it.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,797
    lets say they announce a sc6....do you expect a direct console release or will it hit first the arcades for some years? :pensive:

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,404
    appo wrote: »
    lets say they announce a sc6....do you expect a direct console release or will it hit first the arcades for some years? :pensive:

"hey fans! we heard you've been waiting almost a decade for a new Soul game, here's Soul Calibur 6!! [two minutes of hype gameplay] worldwide release 2021"
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
    I don't think they are doing an arcade edition, but it would be interesting.

So Xianghua and Killik seem to be returning. And a big focus on story. I haven't watched the Tekken 7 story mode. How is it? 2-hour long?
    Tekken still adheres to the old school method of Arcade, arcade updates, Chocolate ver., console release. But SoulCalibur long since abandoned that. Remember SC always treasured a less competitive crowd, being the forerunners of single player content.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,117
    appo wrote: »
    SC has been console only for some time now.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    Best case scenario for anyone wanting arcade play, they'll go down the SC3/DOA5/SFV/KOFXIV route where the arcade version comes after.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 794
    Originally, I would consider the lack of an arcade release for this kind of game to be an intentional dismissal of quality assurance, but considering how shit Unreal Engine 4 is for fighting games and how shit Tekken 7 turned out after 3 years of Bamco's "arcade testing" it makes no difference.

Recently played Soul Calibur IV and I can honestly say that the lack of homing and awkward hitbox interactions together with the slower speed of while rising attacks are so limiting that the flexibility of 2G would not be able to save it. Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition on the other hand plays like a dream even without 2G.

P.S. Tekken 7 story is shit, but many enjoy the final confrontation between Kazuya and Heihachi.
    I dunno, them Japs doing good shit with Unreal 4. I like Maya better for Namco overall and MT Framework was Capcom's golden tech, but it's hasn't been some disaster for fighting games.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    Japanese developers trying to be tech companies and developing their own engines was one of the reasons they started falling behind in the last decade or two. Everybody was trying to reinvent the wheel for every game, causing stuff to get delayed and development times/costs to spiral. Meanwhile, western devs just said "fuck it" and started using Unreal for everything, which in turn had the positive effect of making each successive iteration of Unreal more malleable and suited for making all sorts of games.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,766
    What a time to be alive. Potential return of Soul Calibur. Lengendary 5V5 Tekken Finals. MVCI and Capcom Cup this weekend.

Destiny getting shitted on by its player base.

Yup. Perfect time to be alive.
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
    Destiny was always at war with its players, tbh.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    edited December 8
    yo. soul calibur 6 was announced at games award. anybody got a clip?

DQfefh4VAAAgAFt.jpg
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,797
    edited December 8
    soul calibur 6 confirmed for 2018

edited December 8
    Yes I'm taking over I'm hella hype
  • ElectroManiacElectroManiac Joined: Posts: 444
    Fucking yessss. Cant wait
    Steam: Electro
    Tekken 7 Mains: Dragunov and Devil Jim Second: Josie
    Some V-Trigger hilarities a'comin.

YouTube.com/Kalyx
    mitsurugi looked young there
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,491
    Taki, yoshi, kilik. Bonus would be yun and zas. Please namco? :)