The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,451
    edited April 20
    Anderson is a black hole offensively and Gordon with a lot of stupid passes. Why isn't Lou back in and they have keyed in on Harden the FT line is keeping him alive.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 20
    Chuckbrook doing his best to make sure OKC gives this game away, terrible shots and defense so bad Beverly has turned into an offensive power house. Stat chasing doesn't work so well in the playoffs.

I can't see ATL keeping Millsap who has played well.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,882
    Stat chasing?

Do you not see what happened the second WB went to the bench? These mofos can't do shit without Russ on the floor.

Houston has too many weapons, and OKC has one.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,648
    Westbrook needs to trust his teammates even for just a little bit. 4/18 in the 4th quarter atm lol.
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    Bullshit, Kanter is a defensive liability but great on offense, Mcbuckets was hitting all night. Both Adams and Gibson are at least good enough to keep teams honest. This was Stat chasing and shit shit selection. It isn't a secret OKC was winning when Chuckbrook wasn't taking horrible shots. Way too many people making excuses.
    kimterran wrote: »
    Westbrook needs to trust his teammates even for just a little bit. 4/18 in the 4th quarter atm lol.

He did trust them, and they gave the game back to Houston the second he went to the bench... A +12 lead evaporated in three minutes.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    kimterran wrote: »

He did trust them, and they gave the game back to Houston the second he went to the bench... A +12 lead evaporated in three minutes.

And continued to evaporate with Chuckbrook in the game.
    edited April 20
    That 4th quarter was on Donovan and WB, McBuckets was getting good looks and he didn't even bother utilizing him, they were beating us inside they should have abused that for foul calls and didn't this is the same as the regular season the bigs can do damage but he doesn't trust (Donovan) using them in crunch time.

WB stopped trying to find his teammates and just went hero ball this is the same as the finals against the Heat he had an incredible game and became the goat in the end because of dumb mistakes.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,299
    edited April 20
    4799340.jpg

Westbrook is like
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    That 4th quarter was on Donovan and WB, McBuckets was getting good looks and he didn't even bother utilizing him, they were beating us inside they should have abused that for foul calls and didn't this is the same as the regular season the bigs can do damage but he doesn't trust (Donovan) using them in crunch time.

WB stopped trying to find his teammates and just went hero ball this is the same as the finals against the Heat he had an incredible game and became the goat in the end because of dumb mistakes.

Seriously if Kanter was even average defensively he would be a perennial all star. Dude can put up 20 while shooting 50pct in his sleep.
    edited April 20
    The other problem with Donovan was when Harden would come back in McBuckets would come out for Robertson he should have tried a line-up with both of them in and sit Oladipo who still hasn't found his rhythm.
    The other problem with Donovan was when Harden would come back in McBuckets would come out for Robertson he should have tried a line-up with both of them in and sit Oladipo who still hasn't found his rhythm.

Yeah Oladipo has been trash, worth trying Roberson and Duggy together. Roberson has actually been shooting well.
    jae hoon wrote: »

Yeah Oladipo has been trash, worth trying Roberson and Duggy together. Roberson has actually been shooting well.

Oladipo coming off the bench would help the second unit a bit and maybe he can find his rhythm so it would be an ideal move but it doesn't look like Donovan will figure that out anytime soon.
    I am really happy to see Javale McGee on a good team having a great game. Guy really deserves it.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Getting up 18 shots in a quarter is the epitome of ball-hoggery. Dude was trying to shoot the date as his stat line.
    O_o
    GS just makes things for opposing teams so unfair too stacked.
    Warriors without Durant is wild. It doesn't make sense.
    O_o
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,381
    They have better chemistry without Durant. It doesn't matter that he's a top 3 player in the league, the Warriors were already a perennial Finals lock with gameshark 3pt shooters. Adding such a dominant and substantial player like Durant messes with the already established team chemistry. The Warriors with Durant won't be really scary until next season.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,722
    No Warrior had 20 pts or more tonight yet they scored 110 and won by almost 30 pts with only 1 more FG... that's crazy
    I might be alone here but I really liked the 73-9 team more than the KD team at the start of the season. They moved the ball so well and the bench was really deep with Ezeli, Speights, etc

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    edited April 20
    Kenny was really reaching when he said that GS will really need KD against the Spurs, he's more of a luxury for them tbh. Couldn't help but laugh at Shaq for being royally pissed at Dwight just answering "I don't know" after only scoring six points in Game 2.

Also Westbrook ignoring teammates in the fourth.
    https://streamable.com/08s6v
  • WeeksWeeks Push Custom™ Joined: Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i feel what you guys are saying about how they might be more flexible and dangerous without durant
    but you literally cannot turn down a player of KD's talent. chemistry be damned
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
    Weeks wrote: »
    i feel what you guys are saying about how they might be more flexible and dangerous without durant

Oh I completely agree, it's just that watching NBA on TNT, Kenny Smith makes it sounds like GS won't be able to get past the Spurs without KD.
    Weeks wrote: »

Oh I completely agree, it's just that watching NBA on TNT, Kenny Smith makes it sounds like GS won't be able to get past the Spurs without KD.

i have 0 faith in the spurs without timmy.
    my gut is unreliable when it comes to hoops, but this team just feels fraudulent to me
    middle of the pack playoff team at best without whi whi
    Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options.
    -Churchill
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,549
    edited April 20
    Reminds me of those itsreal85 trashtalk jokedubs vids he did

And since Melo's been a hot topic recently
  • just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,684
    The Raptors got the W last game, but there were a number of bad defensive breakdowns including two which led to wide open threes for the Bucks late in the fourth (fortunately they missed them both). If they don't layeth the smacketh down tonight and come out with an authoritative win, this series could easily go to 7 games.

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,367
    Foul :lol:
    Derrick "don't leave your girl around me" Fisher.

This must be his vengeance for getting fired.
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,299
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
    Indiana fucking up
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raptors going out like the dinosaurs for real. Brutal.
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,526
    Bruh I'm dead lol

https://streamable.com/09ooq
    This is what it feels like.
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 827
    Gravity wrote: »
    Indiana fucking up
    Cavs Defense did that.
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,471
    Story of tonight:
    Ref assist is OP.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,156
    DGod205 wrote: »
    Story of tonight:
    Ref assist is OP.

Refs missed one call for George towards the end, but Indy was flopping all game.
    Story in the fourth was that atrocious offense from the Pacers complemented by that equally as bad defense.
    Mcmillan can't have a job after this season right? He's gotta be the pacer's sacrifice to try and keep Paul George, even though that's futile.

This pacers team just has no way to play when the shots aren't falling. So under prepared. Sacrificed a heat team that could make some noise for this...
    O_o
  • D-ForceD-Force Blame your fate. Joined: Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Cavs didn't rip the Pacers' hearts out, but rather the Pacers ripped out their own hearts and gave them to Cleveland.
    WARNING:
    THIS IS NOT SIMULATION. GET READY
    TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
    THE WEAK POINTS OF F@#KIN' MACHINE.
    DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,286
    Looks like MEM handing out a blowout of thier own tonight.. They not gon rook us at home I see..
  • D-ForceD-Force Blame your fate. Joined: Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Grizzlies telling the Spurs to take this for data tonight.
    WARNING:
    THIS IS NOT SIMULATION. GET READY
    TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
    THE WEAK POINTS OF F@#KIN' MACHINE.
    DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,641
    edited April 21
    Pacers got old schooled Lebroned today. Feel bad for them a bit.
    Failure on both ends. They will get 4-0. Their motivation is gone.

Reminds me of my Hawks against the Cavs in the playoffs.

Completely preventable. The Pacers lost this game more than the Cavs won.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
    pop has gotten way too cute these past few years and way too pleased by his 21-inflated reputation
    real fkn amusing from the guy who demands players "get over themselves"
    even timmy the GOAT reached a point where he knew to hang em up
    pop gonna be hammin it up for the media and doing hockey subs for the next 15 years
    why? why not, i'm untouchable.
    the absolute FUCKER.
    -Churchill
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,722
    Story in the fourth was that atrocious offense from the Pacers complemented by that equally as bad defense.

I can't remember the last time I saw such horrible defense. Is like they were almost assisting Lebron for open layups. I don't even see that shit on midschool pick up games. And then on the other end, PG asking for the ball while getting doubled and shooting dumb 3s. I don't think Indiana attempted a non 3 pointer in the 4th outside of that flop PG tried against 3 cavaliers... Shame cause Lance put heart on it and was trying to get the ball moving but seems like Pacers got that hero ballitis from WB

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 827
    edited April 21
    locoghoul wrote: »

I can't remember the last time I saw such horrible defense. Is like they were almost assisting Lebron for open layups. I don't even see that shit on midschool pick up games. And then on the other end, PG asking for the ball while getting doubled and shooting dumb 3s. I don't think Indiana attempted a non 3 pointer in the 4th outside of that flop PG tried against 3 cavaliers... Shame cause Lance put heart on it and was trying to get the ball moving but seems like Pacers got that hero ballitis from WB

Also Lebron put on a historical performance. People seem to not have noticed or are ignoring this fact. Biggest comeback in playoff history. Kyrie and Love were on the bench all the credit for this should go to Lebron.
    locoghoul wrote: »

Yeah they left the lane wide open you could drive a car through it. They even messed up on the switches and looked lost on how was supposed to break off and provide help.
    Lol Rondo beating on the C's WITH A BROKEN FREAKING NECK...

Seriously, hope he recovers soon.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gravity wrote: »

Bulls just can't have a healthy playoffs. Celtics might have a chance now.

Bulls bench better step up.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....