The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    what yall are seeing is a wing player/forward and a defensive system that has always been good in San Antonio vs a POINT GUARD with no help.

I'm not even a Westbrook fan.

Like who is Westbrook gonna defend that isn't another guard?
    Leonard has the benefit of not only being on the better team but also being able to play multiple defensive positions because he is a forward.
    Its funny to me seeing people like Stephen A Smith and other goobers knock Westbrook for losses when just this last game he shot 53% from the field and scored 58 points and dropped 9 dimes. Only so much a single player can do. Got bitch ass players like Lebron crying for help when he got Love, Kyrie, and JR smith. LOOL Westbrook must be shaking his head at shit like that.

You know what is happening next game too? Leonard gets to sit out, not for injury but just so he can rest lmao wtf kind of shit is that. Ya star player gets to take a night off to rest while Westbrook gotta ball out night in and night out. That tells me right there the Spurs can make do without Leonard even if for a small stretch.

James Harden may be the worst D league defender I've ever seen that is considered a star player. fuck this nigga man LOL

Averaging a triple double and getting your team to the playoffs solo in a league where star players are teaming up to try and form dynasties and you are a point guard playing in the western conference...

I'd try to make a comparison but there are no comparisons to make.

"I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Am I the only one bothered by elfrid payton's hair? If I were I player I might chase him with a pair of scissors. Feels like I might get an allergy once it touches my skin.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,494
    VASaga wrote: »
    kimterran wrote: »
    7th seed in the Western Conference is like being a 2 or 3 seed in the east.
    Both Harden and Kawhi both have HELP.

Westbrook has none. You take Westbrook off the thunder and thunder are likely one of the worst in the league and definitely not even close to being in the play offs.

So what is the 2nd and 3rd seed in the west then? Cause that's what the spurs and rockets are

Still not better than the Warriors or Cleveland.

I don't understand what yall dont get about Westbrook being the only player on the thunder.

Harden has otherplayers around him, Leonard has other veteran players around him.

Westbrook has nobody to defer to. Scoring, Rebounding, Assisting, Steals... I dont know else he could do besides mayyyybe playing more defense but yall got to remember he is a point guard.

He is doing miracles for the crap team he has around him.

Leonard or Harden in Westbrooks shoes aint even making the playoffs

Harden has proven he can carry a team to the playoffs especially in a season where the following took place.

*Dwight was out for a good chunk of the season with a knee injury.
    *Terrance Jones became second option who looked promising at the start of the season until he went down with nerve problems in his leg
    *D-Mo took over becoming the second option then he went down with a back injury.
    So you are left with Ariza, Berverly (injured around the end of the season) and Josh Smith (picked up mid way in the season) as your number two options yeah that went well. Which is why Harden needed to take over every game.

The make up of the Thunder starting line up is somewhat similar than what the Rockets had the last 2-3 seasons even down to the terrible bench. Funny how you excuse Westbrook on being a PG for being lax on defense but shit on Harden for it despite his defensive rating being much improved from that last horrid season.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If MVP meant what people thought it did, Westbrook would have it locked. But he doesn't. It goes to the best player on one of the top seeds.

The trophy is usually given in the 2nd or 3rd round, Thunder probably won't even make it that far.
    edited March 9
    Payton's hair owning the bulls. Yep they're trash.
    It has to start sometime
    Dion murked the Hornets with three 3s in a row.

Dude is getting paid this summer.
    edited March 9
    That race between Heat, Bulls and Pistons will be a crazy ride.

Meanwhile the Jazz get it done against the Rockets and now the race for third is that much tighter.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jazz have had a ton of injuries or they might be the 3 seed.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,293
    I'm really trying to give Parsons the benefit of the doubt and wait til playoff time til I totally write him off as a waste of money.. He's got a little time to get a bit of lift back..but damn it's been hard to fuck w dude all season.. *Le sigh
    D.R.E. wrote: »
    I'm really trying to give Parsons the benefit of the doubt and wait til playoff time til I totally write him off as a waste of money.. He's got a little time to get a bit of lift back..but damn it's been hard to fuck w dude all season.. *Le sigh

It would help if he would quit clubbing but yeah...
    Don't worry Cavs, you'll start winning again someday.
    Westbrook got a triple double vs the Spurs and OKC is now the 6th seed...
    Now they 3 games back behind the clippers for the 5 seed.
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,293
    edited March 10
    Dissapointed in the Grizz as of late...4 Gm losing streak, 3 being to western conference teams.. No sir, I don't like it.. Now we're at the 7 seed and they were just in the race for the 4 spot like a week ago.
    Post edited by D.R.E. on
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Parsons has always been slow to recover from injuries. Once he got going again he was a good creator and finisher in the PnR with the Mavs. He was, when healthy, a good defender as well.

He is lacking any explosiveness though in the few games I saw him play this season.

I don't think his clubbing is an issue. People are just mad he is popular with women and has the money to go out a lot.

Confidence issues and injuries catching up are the biggest issue I bet.
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    Good win for the Pistons and I hope they snatch up one of the last two seeds in the East. I would say that the Cavs should worry, but it's the eastern conference, so I'd be lying.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Terry_nb wrote: »
    Parsons has always been slow to recover from injuries. Once he got going again he was a good creator and finisher in the PnR with the Mavs. He was, when healthy, a good defender as well.

He is lacking any explosiveness though in the few games I saw him play this season.

I don't think his clubbing is an issue. People are just mad he is popular with women and has the money to go out a lot.

His clubbing is an issue, was in Dallas. He would spend all night partying and not go through his rehab and conditioning.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    EC is pretty damn interesting....

NO ONE IS SAFE IN THE SEEDING!

Cavs on a 3-Game Losing streak
    Boston is 2gb
    Wizards are 3gb
    Raptors are 4.5gb

Pacers, Bulls(LOL), Pistons, Hornets, Bucks and Heat are in a sick race

No teams can afford to lose a game...especially to wack ass teams!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,700
    Meh... Let me know when someone actually challenges Post-Season LeBron.

We've seen this plotline before.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Bulls just fell out of the 8th seed LOL
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,718
    edited March 11

Well their coach just fucking used a 12 man rotation lol

FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,718
    edited March 11
    http://imgur.com/kbnfJXV

Look at Birdman evolve
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans

Nobody is even surprised. A meaningless March game with 2 clinched playoffs teams.

NBA needs to think harder with their schedules.
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Terry_nb wrote: »

His clubbing is an issue, was in Dallas. He would spend all night partying and not go through his rehab and conditioning.

It's not that easy with Parsons as far as I know.

People like Dirk expected more from him in terms of extra training (apparently Barnes is fullfilling that as one of the few guys ever in Dallas) and that Coach had a problem with his conditioning, which was widely talked about at one point in the media.

Some of the issues do come from inhibited muscle building while consuming to much alcohol, time spend getting around etc.

However, the Mavs staff even mentuioned he took quite some extra time to work on his ball handling, rehab balance issues very motivated like after his meniscus injury. That was whatever he went out or not at the time.

I apologize for making a general statement above, as you have a legimit point but I think it needs to be pointed out that it's not the whole deal.
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...

Thanks to Reinsdork and his yes men!
    It has to start sometime
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,922
    Why did Kerr not sit Zaza too ffs? Javale was the only reason ppl bought tickets today
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,501
    kimterran wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/kbnfJXV

Look at Birdman evolve

Look at him lose his smile after the false cp charge. They tried to ruin him with that shit.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
    So this happened in the Memphis game...

• D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Heat are ahead of the Bulls.
    0zHzHEe.gif

Heat plays Pacers later tonight....If they win they're .5gb of Pacers.....
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 563
    I've watched high school pickup teams give more effort than the Bulls are right now
    dn0s wrote: »
    I've watched high school pickup teams give more effort than the Bulls are right now

I gave more effort whenever I'm constipated.

On a serious note, bulls fans here ready to call it a season? Butler's body language shows he no longer want to carry this team and it's already obvious that he hated the way the FO handles the team.

Can't wait to see them score 49 a game again. Ahh good times.
    It has to start sometime
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,922
    I'm all for the heat bandwagon if that means Cavs vs Heat R1
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    locoghoul wrote: »
    I'm all for the heat bandwagon if that means Cavs vs Heat R1

Is it considered to be joining a bandwagon if it is going to be one hell of a series?
    It has to start sometime