The Official 2016-17 NBA Thread: NBA Playoffs are set!

Comments

• GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Rondo has a fractured thumb, so don't expect to see him back any time soon.

Poor Bulls. Poor Dwyane. How sad.
  • TrueSephirothTrueSephiroth Joined: Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Finally...after all these years of rooting for my Bucks...after ALL these years...their is finally...FINALLY a break in the clouds. My goodness, I haven't been feeling this good since the days of Ray Allen back in the early 2000s.

Honestly, it's about time, and I feel that I deserve it considering I've never had anything to really root for in terms of basketball pertaining to the Bucks but now, I'm good. If Jabari does not get injured anymore (admitting it that I'm super worried that he may be another Penny or whatever) then our future is going to be bright. Please...just let me see in the future One Championship ring with my Bucks...Lord knows how long we people in Wisconsin have waited.

I hope we beat Toronto and go on to put a number on the Cavs, would love to see that match up.
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." - Vince Lombardi

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting - Ryu
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,274
    That's a bad injury news for the Bulls. Good news for us. Rondo and Jimmy has been tearing us up.
  • D-ForceD-Force Blame your fate. Joined: Posts: 703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 21
    Now we'll get to see what the "Bench Mob" is truly made of for the rest of this series.
    WARNING:
    THIS IS NOT SIMULATION. GET READY
    TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR
    THE WEAK POINTS OF F@#KIN' MACHINE.
    DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Some boston fans getting cocky again and thanking the basketball gods that rondo got injured. Really desperate there.

Thought the playoffs didn't matter for boston because they are in rebuild mode?

It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    Boston isn't rebuilding. They spent all that money on Horford and were the 1st seed, this is who they are. Whoever they draft will be the last piece of the puzzle.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    As expected boston going in hard but it was unacceptable on the awful performance from butler. Team has no hustle no effort plus 0 assist in a quarter.

Thomas starts smirking again. It will be erased on the next games. Still calling this bulls in 6.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,310
    Well, that ass-whupping was to be expected... Time for the series that will probably decide the MVP.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,497
    DGod205 wrote: »
    Well, that ass-whupping was to be expected... Time for the series that will probably decide the MVP.

Actually the votes has been given already so it doesn't matter
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,162
    edited April 22
    Man for all that talk about Harden having snipers and shooters they are sucking eggs at the three in this series, funny how that has not been mentioned so far.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    Harden had to go for the three at that point Robertson knows how to give Harden trouble so he could have gotten a deflection if tried to go to the rack.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,428
    Harden had to go for the three at that point Robertson knows how to give Harden trouble so he could have gotten a deflection if tried to go to the rack.

I think a step back 2 was the best option cause he was overplaying the perimeter shot so a fake drive into step back was my to go move there. He kinda did the same from 3 but he didn't sell the drive. Had he taken a few more steps into the hoop he coulda had a more open shot imo
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    makmak!!! wrote: »
    As expected boston going in hard but it was unacceptable on the awful performance from butler. Team has no hustle no effort plus 0 assist in a quarter.

Thomas starts smirking again. It will be erased on the next games. Still calling this bulls in 6.

I still got the Bulls winning in 5. I figured we'd win at least 1 game after dropping both games at home and then Bulls would finish burying us. However, if we're somehow able to beat the Bulls on both road games then I can see this turning into a 7 game series.
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 16,647
    edited April 22
    Misread post. Nevermind.
    Karin > *. Games with Karin and Vampire Savior > *.
    Website | Twitch | Your mom | Facebook | Twitter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist - I play both Alpha 3 and the garbage that isn't Alpha 3.
    locoghoul wrote: »

I think a step back 2 was the best option cause he was overplaying the perimeter shot so a fake drive into step back was my to go move there. He kinda did the same from 3 but he didn't sell the drive. Had he taken a few more steps into the hoop he coulda had a more open shot imo

Sounds good but if they did tie it he was fucked, he was sitting on five and Bev had already fouled out so Anderson would be forced to guard WB the rest of the way meanwhile Harden would have probably picked up his six on lazy defense like he did most of the other ones (outside of #5 the offensive one.)
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,239
    I still got the Bulls winning in 5. I figured we'd win at least 1 game after dropping both games at home and then Bulls would finish burying us. However, if we're somehow able to beat the Bulls on both road games then I can see this turning into a 7 game series.

You got more faith in them than I do lol. I just never know with them. It could be over in 5, or go a full 7.
    The only consistent thing in our favor will be Lopez controlling the boards.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah no way the Clippers bring him back after this, they're blowing it up after this year so it wouldn't of mattered anyway.
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 796
    edited April 22
    Harden shouldn't get MVP because he's a flopping phaget. If your entire offense is based around flopping you don't deserve MVP.
  • just_primejust_prime Most Definitely. Joined: Posts: 1,661
    edited April 22
    I remember a year ago around this time I said DeRozan wasn't ready to be a number one offensive option. Definitely not the case now. He is almost single-handedly keeping the Raptors alive in this game.

Lowry on the other hand.....

• just_primejust_prime Most Definitely. Joined: Posts: 1,661
    More Raptors stepped up in the second half to support DeRozan, especially Norman Powell. He is a fan favorite for so many reasons. Hopefully Carroll and Patterson can get it going somehow and this group can send these Bucks home in six. It won't be easy, but it is possible.

• kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,497
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    Bradley Beal is trash.

Also I would be shocked if Griffin or Millsap don't end up down here. PF is wide open for the Heat.
    I'm definitely not rooting for Blake to end up with the heat. I think his peak will be over in another year since he's already lost some of his athleticism due to recurring injuries. Millsap on the other hand would be a nice fit however. I wouldn't put it past Pat to land a big free agent like Jimmy Butler or Paul George to pair up with Whiteside.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Millsap is a max player so you do have to consider who you might lose.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,264
    Thought he was gonna hit that game winner..

Overtime...
    That block on the layup was huge. Then the one-two punch of Marc and Conley.
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru Draxx them sclounst Joined: Posts: 2,906
    This

Fucking

Game

Kawhi!!
    P.O.P Hold it down ~ Donna Goudeau

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,404
    YOOOOO!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

All dat Data!!!!!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,264
    Big Spain FTW... Grizz found a way to still steal this one besides being horrible with the ball tonight. Too many turnovers but I'll take the series tie
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,239
    Great game. Feel bad for Leonard because he was playing out of his mind.

Memphis earned that win. Great shot by Marc Gasol
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,477
    That game was nuts I was blowing off this series but this series just got interesting.
    This is what it feels like.
    SadQuotes wrote: »
    That game was nuts I was blowing off this series but this series just got interesting.

Easily the most interesting to say the least.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,618
    Fiz going off re-lit the fire in the Grizz hearts.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,401
    Game 5 is must watch holy shit.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
    Wow Blazers way to blow a big lead mid way in the 3rd....

Anyways See you Tuesday!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

• jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Kerr's health hasn't been good for awhile, he really didn't want Luke to leave as he thought eventually Luke would have to take over. Honestly you do wonder if Luke should have waited it out.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • beesuitbeesuit Joined: Posts: 3,423
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 23
    watching indiana makes me sad. there's a lot of talent on this team, and they are underdelivering because they just aren't organized. this could actually be a series if they knew what the hell they were doing on both ends of the floor.

would they be able to beat the cavs? maybe not. but cavs aren't playing clean at all and are still going to sweep the pacers.

literally every possession for the pacers you can't believe they are getting the shot that they want (but somehow are going in), and defensively, you can't believe pacers are trying to force the type of shots the cavs are getting... its all open 3s and layups and the pacers have no scheme to prevent them.
    Post edited by subt-L on
    O_o
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,401
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Kerr's health hasn't been good for awhile, he really didn't want Luke to leave as he thought eventually Luke would have to take over. Honestly you do wonder if Luke should have waited it out.

Nah Luke is his own man and L.A. was prudent to snatch him up early before he could get any real offers. Any self respecting man wants to captain his own ship.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria