The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,293
    edited April 14
    Lantis wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is this like the 2738392010th time Spurs and Grizzlies have met in the 1st round?
    Not always the first round.. Met in the wcf a couple yrs ago.

Anyway.. No TA and a Chandler Parsons experiment that never materialized makes the Grizz have an uphill battle.. But I do think this series goes 6 or 7 gms.. We always give the spurs problems when the majority of the team is available...Last yr was a fluke cause the Grizz had like.. 3 players healthy and shit
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just did my homework and indeed, Spurs and Grizzlies have met twice before in the first round (including No. 8 Memphis knocking out the No. 1 Spurs) and that WCF that DRE mentioned.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    edited April 14
    Throwback Friday Playoffs edition: Damn, that Pistons/Magic series was hype.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Why are Carmelo/Heat rumors a thing today? Smh.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,718
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,423
    Knicks gonna knick.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,118
    edited April 15
    Whoever signs Melo and overpays him will not make the playoffs as long as he's on the roster. The money he demands kills teams. Melo is a cancer to his teammates and organization no matter where he goes in the NBA. His game hasn't evolved at all. He's played the same since Syracuse and never improved since going to the NBA.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    edited April 15
    Knicks are about to lose the whole damn roster. If only the death penalty rule that is in college put into effect for certain franchises...
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,660
    Wil wrote: »
    Whoever signs Melo and overpays him will not make the playoffs as long as he's on the roster. The money he demands kills teams. Melo is a cancer to his teammates and organization no matter where he goes in the NBA. His game hasn't evolved at all. He's played the same since Syracuse and never improved since going to the NBA.

These past few seasons are the only time he's missed the playoffs, he's never really had a great team around him. He's basically been lebron on every team but cant carry a team like lebron so they never made noise in the playoffs

If he's on the market for even a second teams are going to jump at him. I hope he does leave, the knicks dont deserve him
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,493
    I think at this point in his career Melo would be better served coming off the bench to provide scoring of course he would have to take a pay cut doubt he would want that.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,922
    Can we change the title to

"NBA Playoffs: Raptors in 4"?
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gotta give Memphis and T

Oh gawd the knicks are forever gonna suck! lol
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Butler deserves to be in the playoffs.

It's funny a lot of people and "analyst" are downplaying and putting down the bulls in this matchup and I love it. That seeding means nothing other than home court advantage.

Ja Rule will be bodied and exposed like DRose in the 2011 ECF. Jason Mewes will try to injure a bulls player's shoulder when they are about to get eliminated.

Bulls in 6.

Bulls FO still suck.

And when I predict things, bad things happen LOL.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
  • TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Re: Knicks, some people thought they would be a legit team this season. Hah! The team they had this season would've look legit about 7-8 years ago.
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,423
    I think at this point in his career Melo would be better served coming off the bench to provide scoring of course he would have to take a pay cut doubt he would want that.

I don't think he's at the 6th man point in his career yet, but he can be a Ray Allen/Klay Thompson type on a contending squad. He can get you 18 a game on catch and shoots, make clutch shots in the fourth and defend his position.
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wil wrote: »

He was improving in Denver by a good amount but not since going to NY for sure.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Predictions

East

BosvsChi: BOS in 5
    WasvsAtl: ATL in 6
    TorvsMil: TOR in 4
    ClevsInd: Cavs in 6

West

GswvsPor: GSW in 5
    LacvsUta: LAC in 6
    OkcvsHou: HOU in 7
    SasvsGriz: SAS in 4

Comments

OKCvsHOU will def be the most entertaining round. I have the Spurs and Raptors sweeping their opponents, Milwaukee is still young (I like that Greek Freak fellow) and the Grizzles haven't been any good this year because of injuries. I don't think the Cavs really wanted to see the Pacers first round, Paul George is pretty capable and they could be dangerous out in the east. Cavs most certainly should win this though.

Portland will steal one at home against GS if Lillard goes off, but don't count on it. Utah is pretty balanced and the Clippers hate facing hybrid teams with the right combination of defense and offensive. They have an awesome home crowd and I think they are capable of winning two games. BOS should be able to take care of an inconsistent Bulls team.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,655
    Should be exciting. I have the Spurs going to the finals and possibly beating my Hawks but I much doubt it.

Hawks are really in trouble though. Wizards are going to be tough.
    Eastern conference should hold it head down. All of our teams are terrible these days. We have to play better as a whole.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,718
    Ephidel wrote: »

Only prediction that matters
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,655
    edited April 15
    kimterran wrote: »
    Ephidel wrote: »

Only prediction that matters

Your team might get Melo. Melo on the Lakers makes sense actually. It is not New York but it is closest you can get to it.

Also Phil Jackson is destroying that organization. They need to kick him out. Alright with me though. Perhaps my Hawks can steal a player or two.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,398
    edited April 15
    Phil isn't going anywhere. He's a meat shield for James Dolan.

But Dolan can't even use Phil as a shield, because Dolan won't keep a low profile.
  • VASagaVASaga Not Yet Strange! Let Them Wait Joined: Posts: 1,607
    I hope the warriors win the championship, aka I don't care about these playoffs
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    Why are Carmelo/Heat rumors a thing today? Smh.

Please god let them be just rumors. Melo is a team destroyer. All the chemistry the Heat have will basically be gone.
    "I must have ascended to a higher plane of thinking than most because I play Dr Strange"
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 563
    edited April 15
    Melo in the right situation could possibly have a postseason run like Dirk did with the Mavericks. He is still an amazing offensive player that can create whatever shot he wants.

However, Dirk was always in a winning culture and tasted the Finals until Omega Wade put an end to that. Melo's best chance for a title was when Billups went to the Nuggets.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    melo is ball dominant. but so is harden. so is westbrook. and they had pretty good seasons.

but the difference is that houston and okc have molded their styles to accommodate their stars, while knicks stopped supporting melo years ago with their incompetence.

instead their GM is forcing coaches who don't coach straight triangle to coach straight triangle in an era where nba strategy has evolved past straight triangle.

melo deserves a better situation, and i hope he gets it. but when jackson talks like it would be better for both parties, i think in 2 years you'll realize this dolan/jackson led front office really had 0 chance at success.
    O_o
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this is one of the worst defensive playoff games i have ever seen
    O_o
    Pacers had a shot. Cavs take game one.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,163
    edited April 15
    Cavs fortunate to take that game. Missed a ton of free throws and some easy layups that would've make the hill much steeper for the Pacers down the stretch. Then for whatever reason they don't go for the 2-for-1 and take a bad shot.

Unfortunately for the Pacers, this was their game to steal and they couldn't make the shot that counted. Doubling George was good a decision.
  • hanzohattori1hanzohattori1 Dust to Dust, Amen Joined: Posts: 942
    Cassidy Hubbarth, though...
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,493
    This Bucks/Raptors game has been fun to watch.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    Or he'll use basketball as an escape mechanism and go hammer
    The raptors are who we thought they were.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 563
    GeoG2 wrote: »

His mind is fucked for the rest of the playoffs.
    This news and hearing how Todd Heap accidentally killed his daughter are two of the most sad stories I've heard. I don't know how he can even focus on basketball.
    Cassidy Hubbarth, though...

• just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Another Game 1 loss. Bucks played well. I expect the Raptors to play much better after tonight's humiliation.