The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    warriors getting destroyed, and its cool. denver is so fun.

sometimes you just gotta hold L's, but it helps when the L's are against a team you enjoy watching.
    O_o
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Denver would be stupid to make Plumlee a backup. The guy is having an excellent season, and averaging 4 apg. Him and Jokic together would be ball movement heaven.

And they should have already moved Faried.
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    offense seems so easy for Jokic, it's crazy ... now if he gets better positioning and defense going for him, hell ...
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,401
    Kevin Love will undergo a scope on his injured left knee and be out six weeks.

Love underwent an MRI on Sunday and then the Cleveland Cavaliers sought a second opinion on Monday.

After Saturday's win over Denver, Love complained of soreness and experienced swelling.

Love will be replaced in the All-Star Game.

Love recently moved past a back issue that forced him to miss several games due to spasms.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244902/Kevin-Love-Out-Six-Weeks-With-Minor-Left-Knee-Surgery
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    CTG wrote: »
    Ibaka to the Raptors for Terrance Ross and a 1st rounder.

Holy shit What a steal!!!!
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,688
    I hope Ross has a chance to shine in Florida like JJ. He's been a source of frustration for Raptor fans over the years, but is slowly becoming a consistent scorer. I hope he progresses in Orlando.

the 3 position is weird in orlando, but this solves the aaron gordon/ibaka problem. aaron moves back to the 4, and then that lets them play a traditional 3. the magic rotation 1-3 stands to get tweaked all over, which i think gives ross a ton of opportunity either at 2 or 3.

but expect vogel to over-manage and under-produce no matter what the squad.
    O_o
    Vogel is a good coach but he doesn't know what he's doing in Orlando. Peyton is still coming off the bench, and he plays Jeff Green at SG.

With Ross around you would hope that the latter stops.

GeoG2 wrote: »
    Vogel is a good coach but he doesn't know what he's doing in Orlando. Peyton is still coming off the bench, and he plays Jeff Green at SG.

With Ross around you would hope that the latter stops.
    Trade Fornier to Sixers or something.
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

i honestly don't know if vogel is a good coach or not. in his time in indiana, there were a lot of players peaking and then falling off the face of the earth. like he can get a player to step up his game one year, and then the next year be near worthless.

granger was peak when vogel took over and then declined year over year even before injuries robbed him
    but paul george became great player and consistent contributor
    hibbert went from an hopeful to All Star to nada under vogel
    george hill peaked and faded as well, but has resurrected himself away from indiana
    but lance stephenson hasn't been useful outside of his last year in indiana

so when i say i don't know if he's good or not, i guess what i'm assuming is that he knows what buttons to push to get results from a player, but do his results stick for long term? or is it just a few years where they are playing out of their mind, and maybe thats it? i honestly don't know. all i know is his teams were always solid on defense, often a mess on offense, and he tinkers like crazy. he may be an amazing coach and you can probably have a good case. but i look at player churn, and i get really conflicted as to what a good coach should be...
    O_o
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/serge-ibaka-trade-orlando-magic-rob-hennigan-dwight-howard

Gives you a good idea of how incompetent the Magic have been the past few years.
    It's really a running gag at this point

at2InLG.jpg?1
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,789
    edited February 15
    Nice win for the Kings right before the break

They're gonna lose to the warriors tho
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 888
    Ugh, Draymond Green used to be so cool when he was punching people in the nuts, but now he has to go and say something socially irresponsible and factually inaccurate. Paraphrasing 'James Dolan has the mentality of a slave owner.' What a moron.
    Injustice 2 - Wonder Woman, Joker
    Boring, stale, predictable FGs - Cammy, Kuma, whatever yawn zzzzz
  • xEGAxBeastkingxxEGAxBeastkingx Sorry about yo damn luck Joined: Posts: 2,534
    Greenwood wrote: »
    Ugh, Draymond Green used to be so cool when he was punching people in the nuts, but now he has to go and say something socially irresponsible and factually inaccurate. Paraphrasing 'James Dolan has the mentality of a slave owner.' What a moron.

You say it like you expected him to be intelligent.
    Gamertag - GDxKingofBeasts
    SFV - Balrog
    Saints | Cardinals | Suns fan
  • Rockman XRockman X Joined: Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh, look another Greenwood post complaining about black people.
    edited February 15
    lol. i wasn't sure what you were talking about, but then his only 3 out of 7 of his post history in this thread are

1. Draymond attacking dolan as racist
    2. Wade and Lebron attacking dolan as racist
    3. Lebron complaining about the word "posse"

that's really suspect for almost half of his posts to be directly involving racism accusation defense.

but the one i would take the most offense to is still this:
    Greenwood wrote: »
    I could easily argue that Melo is the worst Knick of all-time. He has been a cancer to this team from the minute he got here. 5 coaches in 5 years, that's all you need to know. He has no idea how to win.

O_o
  • just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,688
    Damn, thought the Kings would keep it close, but the Warriors decided enough was enough.

edited February 16
    shit went from down 3 to up 30 in 12 minutes. minus draymond green.

+33 in a single quarter. how does that happen?
    O_o
  • Terry_nbTerry_nb ... Joined: Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Drummond got exposed by old man Dirk again, he really has issues defending outside the paint. Though I wonder what magical speech has gotten the flattest Mavs to rally like that.

Besides that, just a couple more games and Dirk has 30k points wrapped up. :) Also good to see that over the last 5 games he has been more consistent with his shooting and looked better running on the floor.
    SFA 4 needs to be made ...
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,299
    edited February 16
    Shane Battier hired by Heat front office. Not surprised, Shane has stayed super close to the Heat since retiring. Still has his annual Battioke down here.
  • makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So that what's a "superstar" call feels like. LOL.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    Bruh Russell is too much!

Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:

kyrie makes me sad. everyone needs to be rooting against cavs now.
    O_o
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,123
    edited February 18

You can scratch off Kyrie off that list for the Space Jam sequel. :coffee:
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    bruh, they are pitching an uncle drew movie. no one wants to see this shit now.

and this dude was born in australia and believes the world is flat.

flat earth truthers are some of the wildest human beings.
    O_o
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,728
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans