The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,313
    i've always kinda wondered why in the last few years, they changed the event name to just "all star" instead of "all star weekend" or "the all star game"..and they just call it "slam dunk" instead of "the slam dunk contest"..anyone kno?
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    damn, now draymond is on that flat earth shit. the nba might be full of these idiots.
    O_o
    edited February 18
    you don't have to be smart to understand the world is round.

there are plenty of dumb people out there that comprehend that truth fully.
    O_o
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They act like they can't look up at the Sun or Moon and come up with a decent idea about how the Earth looks too. Gravity is mind blowing for some people.
    C4_NPavVUAAw6WX.jpg:large

goddammit, i'm rooting for the nuggets now. 2017 season is a wash for me as a warriors fan. kyrie is straight up recruiting people to his crazy party.
    O_o
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,418
    If you need to hide anything from Draymond or Kryie put it in a book, they're allergic.
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,532
    Eric Gordon doing it for science eat it Kyrie.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 4,459
    Let's see what junior got.
    Whelp. Worst all star weekend ever?
    O_o
  • Black ChanlerBlack Chanler Human Error Joined: Posts: 915
    Weak dunk contest, but I will always watch just because it's peak nigga shit.
    PSN: Leonardsbigdome
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,313
    i called Eric Gordon winning the shootout...dunk contest was weak sauce..but hard to even shoot for the shadow of last year's
  • just_primejust_prime Culture Reset Joined: Posts: 1,692
    That was a pretty bad All-Star Saturday Night (especially when you compare it to the one that took place in Toronto B) ).

The Craig Sager tribute was nice though. Slightly awkward, but nice.

• ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,468
    I saw this article about Mark Cuban and Trump beef yada yada yada. I'm not mentioning it for the article.

I'm doing it because of this image of Cuban.
    Mark_Cuban_goes_on_extended-47e75d0abb57b86dd87ccc396a6aa85a

Mark. Shave. Makeup. Lose the glasses. Because, god damn. Don't know what's more unflattering, your face or the Mavs record.
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 2,603
    Just dribble, pass and shoot kyrie it's ok man you ain't gotta do much else
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 841
    subt-L wrote: »

goddammit, i'm rooting for the nuggets now. 2017 season is a wash for me as a warriors fan. kyrie is straight up recruiting people to his crazy party.

The thing is Kyrie is obviously trolling and Draymond was the only one dumb enough to take the bait. Cavs just keep fucking winning!
  • DukeCDukeC Ultimate Waifu Joined: Posts: 4,408
    I have to believe they both trolling right now.

Shit is still fucking hilarious either way.

But they definitely both trolling.
    Nintendo Network ID: DukeC318
    PSN: DukeC101
    Capcom Fighting Network ID for SFV: SarahWalker
  • echelonNYKechelonNYK Sleepwalking in the minefield Joined: Posts: 3,329
    ed9e2c344699349b49eb16bd3d103cbe31354f9a.gif

That dunk contest did not happen.
    SFV: Bison, Ken
    USF4 : Bison
    GUILTY GEAR XRD: Axl, Potemkin
    BLAZBLUE CPE: Ragna, Kokonoe
    UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late: Akatsuki
    DEAD OR ALIVE 5: Kasumi

PSN / XBOX LIVE / STEAM / BATTLE. NET - EchelonNYK
    YOUTUBE - www.youtube.com/user/EchelonTVV
    TWITCH - www.twitch.tv/EchelonNYK
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Friendly reminder that this years ASG was supposed to be in Charlotte.....
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• Strike_PrimeStrike_Prime 440,000,000 bounty Joined: Posts: 2,563
    Damn that dunk contest was ASS. Makes me wish we got the Lavine/Gordon rematch. Robinson winning with the same dunk as he did in the first round is just...ugh.
    I play Yu-Gi-Oh
    AV by savaii64
    edited February 19
    SF09ers wrote: »

The thing is Kyrie is obviously trolling and Draymond was the only one dumb enough to take the bait. Cavs just keep fucking winning!

whatever you want to tell yourself. just because a player is on a team i like doesn't mean i just try and make believe scenarios that help me like him. it could be a troll, but the original podcast had the following from kyrie:
    • The moon landing was fake. Says the boot prints on the moon don’t match Neil Armstrong’s boots in “the museum.”
    • There are extraterrestrial beings in the universe.
    • Dinosaurs did not exist.
    • The earth is flat.
    • The education system is designed to lie to us.
    • NASA is lying about the rover missions to Mars and that all of the data about space they provide for us is doctored to feed us a narrative.
    • The people who make alien movies are not designing their aliens out of thin air. He thinks they are basing it on something they have seen.
    • Believes he is on a journey to become a complete human being who has complete freedom of thought.
    • The JFK assassination had something to do with him signing an order to take out the global bank cartel.
    • Bob Marley and MLK were “taken out” for preaching togetherness.
    • “They” are creating separation in race and class to control power in the world.
    • Believes he has a far bigger purpose and cause to his life than basketball.
    • Listens to audiobooks while taking naps.
    • Believes the way we travel the world proves the globe is not round.

so even lets say he's trolling, he obviously did a shit load of research on various points to sell the idea that he's retarded. it'll be really funny when he goes "guess what? i'm not retarded! come watch my uncle drew movie" and then all the payoff of being "funny" is there or whatever stupid rationalization you put in there for this being fake. the long con on this one seems to have diminishing returns almost immediately.

so yeah. there's almost 0 reason to troll except to tarnish your brand by self labeling yourself as a retard.
    O_o
    Except the educational system is there to lie to us, at least in primary/elementary/middle school.

Back when I was in first grade (I'm 23 now) they were telling us Christopher Columbus discovered America.

By the time we get to college the entire time professors are telling you, yeah, everything you learned in high school was trash/garbage and you're an idiot for believing it.

And then we need not look further than Texas the educational system, to prove my point further.

I won't fault him on trying to find his higher purpose after basketball. That's what everyone does after retirement. Doesn't make him an idiot.

There is such thing as a "They". The fact that there are 6 companies who control 90% of the American media suggests that there is a "They"

He may be wrong on more than a couple of points, but he isn't wrong about the above.

• DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,487
    To make up for this bullshit All-Star Weekend, here's an ASG worth watching:
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,800
    Nice to see Kyrie got the most out of his time at Duke. :looney:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18718056/jimmer-fredette-scores-73-chinese-league-game?ex_cid=espnfb&sf57311537=1

Man, I can't imagine what it must feel like to catch fire and drop 73 in a professional game only to still lose. I have to believe Jimmer is getting looks from the league as the CBA season comes to a close. I think with the performance he's had in China the last few months he at least deserves one more chance. If it doesn't work out at least he has an alternative and just stick to overseas play.
    Even over there Jimmer plays no defense.

He's still shooting lights out tho, so if a team needs a floor spacer/3point shooter he could get some looks.

Ain't no team letting him be the primary ballhandler tho
    DukeC wrote: »
    youngster talk

Name one class outside of history that "Lies" to you.

Is 2+2 not 4? Are nouns and verbs a ploy by the man? Maybe water really isn't h2o... The mitochondria might not be the powerhouse of the cell.... Question everything.

There's a lot more to school than history, and saying that because one subject has allowed revisionism doesn't mean the whole system was designed to lie to you. That's throwing out the baby with the bath water.

It's cultish, conspiracy speak that says "here's a hole in what you're telling me, so I'll believe the thing with tons of holes instead." And in 5 years, an nba team will have a suicide cult for a post game ceremony.
    O_o
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,056
    youngster talk

Is 2+2 not 4? Are nouns and verbs a ploy by the man? Maybe water really isn't h2o... The mitochondria might not be the powerhouse of the cell.... Question everything.

There's a lot more to school than history, and saying that because one subject has allowed revisionism doesn't mean the whole system was designed to lie to you. That's throwing out the baby with the bath water.

It's cultish, conspiracy speak that says "here's a hole in what you're telling me, so I'll believe the thing with tons of holes instead." And in 5 years, an nba team will have a suicide cult for a post game ceremony.

If you wanna know, early school tries to teach that we live in a meritocratic society, when the reality is very different
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    youngster talk

There is a lot more to school than history.

There is also nothing more singularly important than history in my opinion. When you replace the history books with propaganda you control/decieve a generation of descendants into what you want them to believe.

I mean, revisionist history caused the Holocaust did it not? All it took was a charismatic individual to start WW2 (taking advatanage of a nation that was getting bled dry from losing the first World War) and along the way systematically murder millions of Jews and other ethnicities that were not white enough.

Nazi- ism still has a foothold there, in America, and in Europe.

And no one said math and science wasnt important, just pointing out that if history is important to you (And it should be, especially if one is a minority), you should take what your educational system tells you about that particular subject (History) with a grain of salt.

I DVR'd last night but I'll probably just delete it instead of watching.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,800
    edited February 20
    quick pivot: candace parker is dope, i dunno how that pinky and the brain looking motherfucker shelden williams locked that up... she's outclasses him in almost every aspect including basketball.

I like how several years after the fact, Candace x Shelden is STILL a hot debate topic due to the mystery of how someone as fugly as Shelden could nab someone like Candace. It had to have been almost ten years ago that someone was saying the exact same thing to me about those two. Maybe he's got a nice personality...
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,468
    Yeah my school told me that "Y" was a consonant and then they told me it was sometimes a vowel. I was like WTF?!
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    edited February 20
    Or it could be she respects him as a man and he's actually a man and not an effimenate male in touch with his lady feelings and wanting to talk all the time.

But for real. Sheldon Williams is an ugly motherfucker tho gotdamn. You gotta respect his game tho. He won.
    edited February 20
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    quick pivot: candace parker is dope, i dunno how that pinky and the brain looking motherfucker shelden williams locked that up... she's outclasses him in almost every aspect including basketball.

I like how several years after the fact, Candace x Shelden is STILL a hot debate topic due to the mystery of how someone as fugly as Shelden could nab someone like Candace. It had to have been almost ten years ago that someone was saying the exact same thing to me about those two. Maybe he's got a nice personality...

i think the lesson here is if you see that chick and think she's out of your league, look at candace parker and shelden williams and just go and shoot your shot. cuz then you'll go in thinking, "there's been more unlikely things to happen that this"

shelden is probably sitting outside in the hallway and probably isn't allowed in area 21, but he's going home happy regardless.
    O_o
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,513
    Get this corny ass Hill Harper dude off the screen please
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,345
    This All Star game is absolute garbage. Haven't found them entertaining for yrs and this is exactly why.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Thanos DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo