The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,160
    Reason4U wrote: »
    CTG wrote: »
    Wait............did LeBron say that he believes that he hasn't played for a super team?

Weren't all his championship runs with super teams?

Miami yes. Cleveland no.

The only argument one could make that Miami wasn't a superteam is that D.Wade wasn't in his prime anymore. It's not 100% inaccurate, but it's a reach.

Stop it. Cavs were 1 of the best offensive teams assembled who underperformed.

Korver was a starter coming off the bench. Kyrie is one of the best offensive players I ever seen. JR Smith played great.

Love balled out the whole finals besides 1 game and was never a focus in the Cavs gameplan.

All this and Bogut wasnt even healthy. Cavs were definitely a superteam that got outplayed.

Cavs need to invest in more defense and stop overpaying for shit players who can only 1 thing.

Since when is two stars and a bunch of good role players a superteam? Please.
    when is two stars and a bunch of good role players a superteam? Please.

Lebron is 1 of the best players ever.

Kyrie is 1 of the best offensive players I ever seen. And he's an allstar.

Love can score from everywhere and was also an allstar I believe.

1 of the best ever, 2 stars, and guys who were starting for other teams coming off your bench IS A SUPER TEAM.

This Lebron has no help shit has gotten outta hand.

Who said Lebron had no help? I swear folks in here have the most binary thinking.

Just because someone was starting and now coming off the bench makes them a superteam? Especially when that player is Kyle Korver? Are you serious right now?

A superteam falls apart when Lebron goes to the bench?

Kyrie is the only other legit star on that team. Cleveland is no superteam. It's a team with 2 stars and a bunch of one-dimensional role players. Kevin Love, even at his best doesn't make Cleveland a superteam.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 14
    Lakers are wanting to bring Lonzo in for another workout. Can we just pick Fox/Jackson or even Fultz if the Celtics go crazy and skip him?

Ball might be overhyped, but he's the safest choice for us at #2. His size and ability to dish the ball is something the Lakers need desperately. If we draft Flutz, I'm pretty sure the next move will be to move D Angelo Russell, but I don't think the Celtics would be dumb to do that. The combination of Jackson/Ingram might be too good to pass up according to most reports I've seen. Jackson is simply Wiggins with slightly higher basketball IQ, his lack of a decent jump shot is the only thing that's holding him back.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Ephidel wrote: »
    Lakers are wanting to bring Lonzo in for another workout. Can we just pick Fox/Jackson or even Fultz if the Celtics go crazy and skip him?

Ball might be overhyped, but he's the safest choice for us at #2. His size and ability to dish the ball is something the Lakers need desperately. If we draft Flutz, I'm pretty sure the next move will be to move D Angelo Russell, but I don't think the Celtics would be dumb to do that. The combination of Jackson/Ingram might be too good to pass up according to most reports I've seen. Jackson is simply Wiggins with slightly higher basketball IQ, his lack of a decent jump shot is the only thing that's holding him back.

I'd still give the Lakers Okafor and change for Russell. Just not that 1st-round pick.

Maybe I'm giving Magic too much credit, but I think he already knows who he wants. If anything, he may be trying to get the Kings' 5th & 10th picks by putting it out there that he's considering Fox - knowing Ball won't make it past Phoenix, the Kings would be screwed out of both PGs.
    edited June 14
    I'd still give the Lakers Okafor and change for Russell. Just not that 1st-round pick.

Maybe I'm giving Magic too much credit, but I think he already knows who he wants. If anything, he may be trying to get the Kings' 5th & 10th picks by putting it out there that he's considering Fox - knowing Ball won't make it past Phoenix, the Kings would be screwed out of both PGs.

No question Magic himself wants Ball, but the entire front office is torn 50/50 right now on Ball or Josh Jackson. He can play multiple positions, has the length, very explosive, can defend, there's a lot to like about Jackson's skillset. Lakers also have the 28th pick in the draft, so I think trading down and settling for Fox won't happen even though there's upside to Fox's game.

I think Magic would entertain the possibility of moving Russ for the Sixers pick + salary dump. But, we would rather dump a bad contract along with Clarkson or Randle to free money for PG.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Ephidel wrote: »

No question Magic himself wants Ball, but the entire front office is torn 50/50 right now on Ball or Josh Jackson. He can play multiple positions, has the length, very explosive, can defend, there's a lot to like about Jackson's skillset. Lakers also have the 28th pick in the draft, so I think trading down and settling for Fox won't happen even though there's upside to Fox's game.

I think Magic would entertain the possibility of moving Russ for the Sixers pick + salary dump. But, we would rather dump a bad contract along with Clarkson or Randle to free money for PG.

No way are y'all getting that pick back lol. Best Sixers offer for Russell would be a salary dump. Everyone knows they need to offload in order to make a run at PG next summer. Give up Russell and the Sixers will probably take one of those contracts.
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If I ran LAL, I would swap D-Lo for Okafor and draft Ball. You're already investing in Ingram, it would be wild to even consider another SF.

Some of these front offices just love making it hard for themselves.
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol this thread just turned into ctg vs the world.

i'm just sitting here waiting for this parade tomorrow, watching lebron to LA rumors.
    O_o
  • TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone else going to parade tomorrow?! =) =)
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Jerry West going to CURSED ASS team.........
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

• makmak!!!makmak!!! Going Bananas! Joined: Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    D'Nyc3 wrote: »

Jerry West going to CURSED ASS team.........

Didn't realize he was that desperate on not wanting to be the logo anymore.
    It has to start somewhere
    It has to start sometime
    What better place than here
    What better time than now.....
    jerry west felt he had done everything he could with the warriors and wants a challenge, and so he took on the clippers curse. can't knock that ambition.
    O_o
  • ThePurpleBunnyThePurpleBunny Joined: Posts: 17,145
    Clippers want a new arena in Inglewood, too. Ballmer gonna pay for it.

Terrible idea, imo. If you get your own arena whose title banners are you gonna cover with your players' pics?
    Twitchy | Twatter
    Fightcade: FaceToFist
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    If I ran LAL, I would swap D-Lo for Okafor and draft Ball. You're already investing in Ingram, it would be wild to even consider another SF.

Some of these front offices just love making it hard for themselves.

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Should've been who each team drafted in 2015 anyway. Lakers always gumming up the works for the Sixers.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,801
    They gonna move to a different arena yet their star player and the only chances they had to be relevant are gone this season
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    locoghoul wrote: »
    They gonna move to a different arena yet their star player and the only chances they had to be relevant are gone this season

Whether they lose players or not, they have to start somewhere. Balmer wants the Clippers to have their own identity and he's putting up his own money to do it. Anybody hating on that can get lost. He was able to get Jerry West to jump on the ship. He's making moves to revamp the Clippers the right way. Every successful team in sports had to take these steps and now the Clippers are as well.

So what's the problem?
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 550
    People want to LOLClippers but I can't hate on an owner actually using his own money to get a stadium. What a novel idea. Plus its better than them covering all the Lakers' banners every home game
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 252
    jae hoon wrote: »
    Melo does nothing for Cleveland.

Melo does more than love did

That's crazy if you think Melo helps Cleveland. Love just played shitty when it counted. Melo does nothing for Cleveland but make them worse.
    Here's the thing - Cleveland getting Melo doesn't mean they're losing Love, so I don't see why the comparison is even a matter of discussion.

Cleveland isn't giving up Love for Melo. David Griffin isn't dumb. Melo's value is in the trash right now. I still think he has plenty of game left, but that doesn't matter. His value does. If the Cavs and Melo want to make something happen, he'll just let NY off the hook w/ a buyout and they can wash their hands of each other. Even still, if it does need a trade to happen, it won't involve Kevin Love.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,681
    Don't underestimate melo, this is the guy who let the Knicks trade all their assets so he can come there with max money instead of just signing there in free agency
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    They still gonna suck
    kimterran wrote: »
    Don't underestimate melo, this is the guy who let the Knicks trade all their assets so he can come there with max money instead of just signing there in free agency

And he's learned his lesson.

Melo did that cause he was all about his money and short sighted. I'll never hate on anyone trying to maximize their money, but at this point he needs a ring and I think he understands that.

Rings make fans shortsighted. To put it bluntly, rings make people stupid. You get a ring and suddenly anything negative you've done previously (on or off the court) goes away in the eyes of fans. If Melo gets a ring, his entire tenure in NY is largely forgiven by everyone.
    edited June 15
    making an assumption that griffin will be the GM in a few months. He's already been in rumors for wanting to leave, and i'm not sure how enticing being lebron's whipping boy actually is. basically getting your job called out by the league's best player whenever lebron's recruitment ideas don't work out while having to manage the financial fallout of getting strong armed into signing players for way more than they're worth..

also assuming griffin is a smart gm. i dunno if he is, but he's only done any good with lebron leverage while having the largest payroll in the league basically ever...

if griffin isn't there, and they get some new guy and isn't ready to do lebron's bidding, then there's not a lot of reason for lebron to be there. that'd be like the cavs hiring a coach that actually calls plays and manages the team...
    O_o
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Griffin is probably going to Milwaukee.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
    I have a feeling Klay is out when his contract is up.
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,752
    I dont see why Klay would leave.

Rack up chips and get payed the most money in GSW. You blind if you think they will make the same mistake OKC did.

Plus his legacy is secure because he won 1 before KD got there.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

I wouldn't even know where to start with this. But it just goes to show that people still, and always will, compare players on just rings alone.
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 252
    edited June 15
    Melo is all about money, he had an opportunity to leave and go to the bulls (when they were stacked) to go get a ring or at least compete at the highest level-but he decided to stay in NY???? I don't want to hear about him complaining about not winning or he needs more pieces around him. That type of person gets no sympathy from me, especially when their current team is nothing but a pile of burning dog shit. The Knicks are beyond repair, we can point to Dolan to Phil to Melo. If your all about money then get your money but don't mention how tired you are of losing.
    Post edited by MarcOfTheBeast on
    melo stayed in ny because that's where his family wanted and where his wife wanted to be and have her broadway career (...fail). pussywhipped maybe, but if he's gonna be somewhere he really doesn't want to be is to get paid top dollar.

there's plenty of fair criticisms of melo, but lets not make shit up about him.
    O_o
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 550
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even know where to start with this. But it just goes to show that people still, and always will, compare players on just rings alone.
    There was a lot of tomfoolery in that video. Lebron fans are dedicated I'll give them that
    Russell WB liked Donkey's tweet too lmao
    Jerry West wanted to come to the Lakers, but we had already promoted Magic and Pelinka. They should of stick with him being a consultant or some kind, in actuality that's all he wanted to do anyway. The Clippers are a circus, but if there is one man to fix their problems it would be Jerry West.

I say the Cavs should go after PG instead of Melo, PG is at least capable of playing some defense. He's younger, can still score the basketball, the Cavs need all those strengths. With Melo all of their isolation plays will skyrocket, that's not what Lebron may be looking for.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    I dont see why Klay would leave.

Rack up chips and get payed the most money in GSW. You blind if you think they will make the same mistake OKC did.

Plus his legacy is secure because he won 1 before KD got there.

Klay complained all year, he was okay being the number 2 option but not number 3. He has his rings and he wants to be the guy on the team.