The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: NBA Draft, NBA Free Agency, and Summer League

Comments

• EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 13
    First qtr Lonzo already with 5 assist.

DAT VISION DOE!!!
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,626
    Yeah those full court passes are nice. LeBron is watching at Courtside, must be impressed
    FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've honestly never seen so many guys switch teams like this offseason. Damn near every team in the league is new except for a few.
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,648
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    I've honestly never seen so many guys switch teams like this offseason. Damn near every team in the league is new except for a few.
    Was gonna say Hornets but then remembered we got a diva, nevermind
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 792
    I just want us to get the playoffs, and maybe take a game or two while there. That isn't asking too much, is it?
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,648
    wait that timeout thing is bs. If anything I only agree on that "mandatory timeouts" aka lets get paid more by sponsors and ads were very unnecessary at some points. We got in between quarter breaks and half time break. No need for bs timeouts outside of those called by coaches
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't know how serious Summer League is, but that last highlight showed an intense game. Every Summer game should have that much energy.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?
    Summer League is very serious. Undrafted guys trying to get jobs, other guys playing with chip on their shoulders.

People said a lot of shit about Lonzo from the first bad game, he's been showing his ass ever since.
  • charlie88charlie88 Ya'll niggas gay. The Keving Gates kinda gay. Joined: Posts: 4,859
    Lonzo needs a midrange game and to lock that 3 ball Down on the offensive end. Once he does that and improved his 1-on-1 defense he is going to be a monster. I think he is averaging 15 11 6 this year. Which is really good.
    FC:1864 9258 8415
    PSN: Death_Loner_Kage
    Umvc3: Learning Viper...plays tron strange dante strider

I am willing to play trade and embrace the suck
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    Nbdl highlights of the guy Stackhouse says has a better 3 ball than steph curry:

Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 13
    The only good thing about the ice cube old man league is seeing Abdul Rahim(sp) who unlike Kaep was actually blackballed from his league for not standing for the national anthem and unlike Kaep he was actually good.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • Strike_PrimeStrike_Prime 440,000,000 bounty Joined: Posts: 2,532
    The Spurs renounced Jonathon Simmons.

What the fuck....
    I play Yu-Gi-Oh
    AV by savaii64
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,811
    edited July 13
    jae hoon wrote: »
    The only good thing about the ice cube old man league is seeing Abdul Rahim(sp) who unlike Kaep was actually blackballed from his league for not standing for the national anthem and unlike Kaep he was actually good.

I mean..... wrong Abdul... but there is evidence Kaep was actually blackballed.... Seattle and NY orgs said as much. QB lead a team to the super bowl and deep playoff runs but he's garbage and can't get a backup job.. got it.

What the fuck....

And the Knicks spent all their exception... on a guy they didn't even need too.... I mean...
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194
    CTG wrote: »
    OKC signed that trash Roberson for 30 mil for 3 years. In today's NBA, his skill set is obsolete.

A wing that can defend PGs, SGs, SFs and small ball PFs.

Yep. Obsolete.

What game was he playing D in because I must've missed it lol? Point to some games he playing D in. Regardless, you need to score in today's NBA. There's not like he has all Summer to work on his goddamn jump shot. He can even hire a shooting coach, it's beyond stupid why a "shooting guard" can't shoot (not even a damn free throw). At least Shawn Marion' s ugly shit went in.

• TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Relative to what players have been getting the last 2 off seasons, 3 years/$30 million for Roberson isn't too bad. It's a bit pricey but not terrible.
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
  • The Co-JonesThe Co-Jones Yo, what dafuq are ya doin bruh? Joined: Posts: 4,074
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I don't know why KD is mad. Pretty soon, he'll have more rings than Peyton.

I feel like he's just gonna have only 1
    UMVC3: Taskmaster / Sentinel / Nova -|- Taskmaster / Dormammu / Sentinel

Sentinel Model: COTA-94-Prototype Running Windows Vista

3DS FC: 3024-5714-6069

SRK Pokemon Rotation Battle Champion

I mean..... wrong Abdul... but there is evidence Kaep was actually blackballed.... Seattle and NY orgs said as much. QB lead a team to the super bowl and deep playoff runs but he's garbage and can't get a backup job.. got it.

What the fuck....

And the Knicks spent all their exception... on a guy they didn't even need too.... I mean...

That isn't what Seattle said, what Seattle said is Kaep wouldn't accept a backup role and backup money.
    OKC signed that trash Roberson for 30 mil for 3 years. In today's NBA, his skill set is obsolete.

Yep. Obsolete.

What game was he playing D in because I must've missed it lol? Point to some games he playing D in. Regardless, you need to score in today's NBA. There's not like he has all Summer to work on his goddamn jump shot. He can even hire a shooting coach, it's beyond stupid why a "shooting guard" can't shoot (not even a damn free throw). At least Shawn Marion' s ugly shit went in.

Roberson was named All-Defensive second team this season. Literally all he does EVERY game is play defense. You would have to be blind af to not see it.

Also, guys like Tony Allen have gone whole careers playing d without having a good shot. What difference does it make when Westbrook and PG are taking all the shots anyway.

Yep. Obsolete.

What game was he playing D in because I must've missed it lol? Point to some games he playing D in

Lol. Try watching an NBA game
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 194

Yep. Obsolete.

Roberson was named All-Defensive second team this season. Literally all he does EVERY game is play defense. You would have to be blind af to not see it.

Also, guys like Tony Allen have gone whole careers playing d without having a good shot. What difference does it make when Westbrook and PG are taking all the shots anyway.

The guy is a complete crutch on OKC. Tony Allen can at least shoot free throws. In big games when they actually played someone good, his ass was getting balled on.
    Y'all feed the troll. Should be ashamed of yourselves.
    DEm_Bg_Fc_Uw_AIq_OHh.jpg
    DEm_Bgx3_UQAAf2_KZ.jpg
    -Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
    Warriors tried to trade Klay for Paul George, Klay is fucking gone lol.
    Warriors tried to trade Klay for Paul George, Klay is fucking gone lol.

Nah it's false

• TheWholeFnShowTheWholeFnShow Been here too long. Joined: Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Not quite. Pacers offered PG for Klay, and it was Warriors that said no.
    SRK's Kristin Kreuk lover: 2000 - 2006
    SRK's Brenda Song lover: 2006 - 2011
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 521
    A good chunk of the Kings' roster is on the summer league team and they are awful. Don't do this to De'Aaron as well Sac.
    They should of never traded Cousins. Him and Fox could of amounted to something.
    -Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
    Ephidel wrote: »
    They should of never traded Cousins. Him and Fox could of amounted to something.

Nah they had to trade Cousins, they just should have got more value.
    Knicks trying to kill trade talks and beg Melo for forgiveness, because they're the fucking Knicks.

They're not "satisfied" with offers for a 33 year old iso scorer. Really?
    They don't be want to take on salary.

Melo can still give them 22 and 6... there is no immediate "need" to trade Melo.
    You're assuming that Melo would actually try hard and give them 22 ppg. Vince infamously averaged 15 ppg on 41% before being traded to the Nets and averaging 27 ppg the same year.

This is what happens when a bridge is burned.
    Lonzo 7 reb 8 assist, but only 4 pts. Stat padding!

Lonzo > D'lo, didn't take very long
    -Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
    Another triple double! #BBB
    -Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    people saying lonzo is wearing these other brand shoes bc the balls are realizing their shoe ain't gonna do shit so he's showing back out for another deal with one of the bigger brands... of real ballers.
    O_o
    http://hoop.nba.com/nba_hoop_featured/assets-portfolio/

Fultz is way....way......way to high... I'm good with top 5 though. Only other major gripe would be Turner over Embiid.

Some other minor changes I would make but overall a good list of the under 25 guys.
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,285
    edited July 15
    dont get to watch much summer league ball, but i see the Grizz are undefeated. Seldon been going hammer. that stint as a starter last season seems to be boding well for him..if he keeps being aggressive, he'll help alot next year w scoring
    Rondo and Boogie on the same team. That won't end well.

Rose last big name left.
    Rondo and Boogie on the same team. That won't end well.

Rose last big name left.

Depends on if Noel counts as a big name.
    Noel more than likely staying in Dallas. They can't afford to lose him.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,810
  • D.R.E.D.R.E. One. Little. Voice. Joined: Posts: 1,285
    Memphis is about to let Portland steal this game from them... And I swear Wade Baldwin is not a good PG
    edited July 17
    Kuzma is taking somebody's minutes, this guy is something else. He shoots 3's, rebounds, blocks shots, him and Josh Hart were absolutely huge steals in this draft.

Fuck man, tonight 24/4/2. I dunno if Randle is even a sure thing now with this guy playing like this.
    -Bulldancer

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,482
    edited July 17
    This is my favorite lakers summer league team of all time.

It is also the only summer league team I have ever seen of all time.
    Post edited by de BLOO on
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
  • FOBioFOBio Whaddup!? Joined: Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    de BLOO wrote: »
    This is my favorite lakers summer league team of all time.

It is also the only summer league team I have ever seen of all time.

So it's both your most and least favorite summer league team of all time.
    Why bring logic to a discussion?