The Official Offseason 2016-17 NBA Thread: Waiting for Preseason

Comments

• CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,163
    GeoG2 wrote: »
    After fultz there really is nothing too special in this draft.

Um... this is the deepest draft in years. 1 through 16 is crazy, and then you have Harry "projected #1 pick before injuries" Giles down there in the early 20s, looking like he did pre-injury in workouts for teams.

Giles can't be a HUGE steal if he stays healthy. Wouldn't be surprised if he landed in Portland. Getting Nurkic was great for them, Giles is another dude that could keep the wagon moving.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    edited June 21
    Knicks are in a pretty decent position but there are a few things they gotta do:

Don't resign Rose. There are to many guards in this draft to be messing with high prices rose unless it's like a 1 year deal. I would grab the Frenchman at 8 if monk and the guy from nc state are off the table.

Continue to develop wily at center. Dude can shoot and move and at his cheap current price, makes a great backup for injury prone Noah.

If you aren't getting rid of melo stop with the bullshit mindgames. Phil has to stop this horse shit and talk to the damn players. Melos mood reflects on KP, those guys are close.

For the love of god don't trade KP. Unless the deal involves KAT or the freak (which it won't) ride this shit out and let the boy develop.

I actually prefer the French kid as far as fit is concerned for the Knicks. He and Lee defending the guard positions is a good little set up. He also already has nba range at 18 and from clips he seems to be able to handle the pressure situations well. At pg with his wingspan and size he could be special at best and a 3 and D guy at worse. At the 8th position in the draft you take that chance.

I'm going to talk a lot about the Knicks since they are only relevant during the offseason.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • GeoG2GeoG2 I came for the culo Joined: Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

If Heat draft either him or Giles, I would consider the draft successful. Miami's program will do wonders for their development.
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,873
    Jesus Christ the RealGM Lakers thread about D-Lo being traded is cancer. Some dude was actually saying that the FO is inept for not getting the 22nd pick form Brooklyn instead.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Swag declines player option. He could of easily made more money opting in but in a reduced role it's time to move on.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
  • subt-Lsubt-L Cold Blooded Joined: Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    O_o
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    subt-L wrote: »

Please be his announcement of Jeannie Buss allowing him back in her box and he is moving back west.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/21/15850466/nba-trade-rumor-boston-celtics-danny-ainge-looking-to-move-down-again-targeting-dennis-smith-jr

I don't believe shit coming from ainge... this really doesn't make much since unless someone really values the 2 SF Projected in that position. To get Smith you would need a 6-9 pick. Don't see him going sooner than that.
  • D'Nyc3D'Nyc3 *Insert Star* Joined: Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    kimterran wrote: »
    Dwight has like 20 baby mamas he should be in the HOF for that alone

Where's Shawn Kemp then?!?!?!?!?
    Beastcoast INC '2015'
    -Latest Videos:
    youtube.com/user/Beastcoast

I'm about to be sick.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,741
    edited June 22
    The Knicks are the Springfield Tire Fire of NBA teams.

springfield-tire-fire.png
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Trading Porzingis is dumb but I can see why he wants to leave that mess in NY.

Anyway, I'm still hyped about this pickup. So much backlash I'm still hearing about trading D'Lo, I don't even care if we are getting this. Perfect for Walton's system.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400
    edited June 22
    Brook Lopez is a very good pick-up. The Lakers are actually digging themselves out of the hole Jim Buss put them in.

And Phil Jackson is just being an asshole. I really don't know what he's thinking.
    My best guess is that Phil may be trying to get himself fired.
    KP doesn't want to leave. Phil is doing his bullshit zen mind games and the players are fed up. Get this fucker out of here.
  • kimterrankimterran THE SMILING Joined: Posts: 5,723
    Ephidel wrote: »
    Trading Porzingis is dumb but I can see why he wants to leave that mess in NY

It's not even him, it's just Phil Jackson going crazy lol

FC 4656-7253-6641, add me for dat Poke mans
    IMPEACH PHIL JACKSON!!!!
    What's best for them is to build around him instead of an aging Melo lol. Phil has gone mad with power. Too much zen
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Thing is he doesn't want to build around melo but knows he can't trade him.

Melo won't waive his no trade clause to go anywhere and he wants be in a position to win now. There is no option out there that would make melo drop his clause and Phil knows it. That's why the whole "melo should look to play basketball elsewhere" comment was made.

He doesn't control shit with melo and has even discussed a buyout. Which I'm sure melo would welcome at this point and play for peanuts with Lebron.
    Brook turned himself into one of the best stretch bigs in the game. He made 7 of 14 threes against Heat in January and dropped 33 points.

Laker fans still tripping off D'Angelo are dumb. That pick and roll with Ball is gonna be unguardable.
  • de BLOOde BLOO It's pronounced dee BLOO. Joined: Posts: 4,501
    edited June 22
    The 27+28 picks are gonna be used in a trade to ship Deng out. I hope. Maybe they have to throw in a Clarkson or Randle.

On the other hand, with the cap expanding Deng is the better of the two players with a monster contract.

Russell had good numbers on a bad team, a lot of middle of the road players get those.
    GT: Hector Garfria PSN ID: Hector_Garfria
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,664
    po pimpus wrote: »
    The Knicks are the Springfield Tire Fire of NBA teams.

springfield-tire-fire.png

I wish it was just this bad
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    kimterran wrote: »

Screaming A Smith about to go nuclear on First Take tomorrow over this; especially if this means what I think this means...
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
    edited June 22
    Nahh there was a player Magic really likes projected late first round. Deng can come off the bench, with Swaggy leaving that's more money freed up. No need to axe Clarkson too, Randle is turning his entire body into a weapon.
    I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Yeah I just read about nick young leaving.

Now they just gotta get this clown the fuck gone,

20p79zo.jpg
    Welp Knicks insiders pretty much confirming KP is good as gone. Phil hurt KP called his fiefdom out as dysfunctional and pissed about the exit interview.

Philly, celtics and OKC in the mix...

He doesn't give a shit about even getting equal value at this point. Like why is he reaching out to OKC.

A top 5 pick this year and a young player doesn't get it done. Season done for me... see you guys next year.
  • DGod205DGod205 The Soul of Kyokugenryu Joined: Posts: 2,481
    po pimpus wrote: »
    If the Cavs somehow get Porzingis...

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Phil gave the Cavs Porzingis and Melo.
    CvS2-Ken Joe Geese
    MvC2- Guile Gambit Jin---OR---Cable Cyclops Sentinel
    USFIV- Ken, Poison, Rolento, Makoto, Guy, Cody
    MK9- Cage Scorpion Reptile Raiden Mileena
    TT2- Law & Heihachi
    DOA5 Ultimate- Jann Lee Hyabusa Hitomi Ayane
    VF5FS- Jacky Kage Vanessa Brad Goh
  • jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 12,841 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Porizgis to Boston for Marcus Smart, some Red Sox tickets and a bag of racism
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001

Embiid and Durant back to his old savage twitter ways easily the most enjoyable thing about this off season.
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,400
    Chauncey better off waiting for the next opening.

That franchise is burning. Kyrie already getting his bags ready for the next offseason.

Everybody and they mamma knows Lebron is leaving.
    edited June 22
    Noah's contract just got that 3 million dollars worse. Not willing to package the 8th to get rid of it though.

Dolan really skipping the draft to blow in a harmonica. I can't do this shit anymore.

JD and the motherfucking straight shot
    How is Max even trying to say anything after that
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,926
    de BLOO wrote: »
    How is Max even trying to say anything after that

Cause he is a cuck
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829