Urien Tech - Illuminati Approved!

Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ ClimaxJoined: Posts: 20,239
Everything ending up in the Urien thread is becoming a pain to read and search through.

If you like twitter, bunch of retweets of Urien clips and vids: https://twitter.com/SFV_URIEN

You can react to Nash's V-Reversal with V-Trigger and punish
Round start M Tackle hits meaty
You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
"You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks

Comments

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    So I can't get meaty CH M tackle to link to cHP. I think it should work but maybe there's a hard cap since a Non CH meaty M tackle links to crMP.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME

EX Knee vid I came across
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    M Tackle stuff from myself

Round start is perfect spacing for some characters
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Beating V-reversal vid was on the front page
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • AVCAVC always learning Joined: Posts: 405
    edited October 2016
    it is becoming a pain to read the urien thread
    i have a headbutt loop
    the spacing is really specific and the headbutt has to hit meaty for it to work. you can make the last headbutt ex for more set ups etc

• Dime_xDime_x Wasting time Joined: Posts: 8,948
    edited October 2016
    LOL Urien tech... It's a gimmick but a high damage one and a true mixup.. But it's unsafe so beware of course... I've been running through online opponents with this gimmick:

Jump (blocked) land, wait a frame or two> headbutt.

Use whatever version you desire. People flowchart the grab tech after blocking a late jumpin, and since the timing off a jumpin is a smaller tech window than off most tick throws, people tend to tech fast after blocking a jumpin. The headbutt is completely throw invincible and it's slowness makes it the perfect tech beater. If the opponent stands then they block it and you are all good.

But if they duck it and are a good player you are going for a ride. But basically think of this like daigos hurricane kick tech beater.

Some other things to note:

H headbutt will combo into super (so dirty) no scratch that, this DOES NOT work if the opponent quicktechs.
    L headbutt leaves the opponent standing in a perfect position to throw them, or better yet... Headbutt their asses again (I've hit people with 3 headbutts in a row cause they keep teching...LOL)

If you don't want to go that far... And I suggest you don't, you can just go for a nice Cr.lp>Cr.mp confirm... Or really any confirm you choose.

This is a gimmick because if the opponent sniffs it out, you can go for a ride... So try not to rely on it... LOL

Have fun
    Post edited by Dime_x on
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • ScottoSoHottoScottoSoHotto Joined: Posts: 68
    Howdy fellow Uriens! So I've been a Zangief player since launch pretty much and the transition to Urien hasn't been too bad so far. I'm having a little trouble in my frametrap game and was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I see that Urien has some interesting tick throws, but some guys seem to tech everything! As a Zangief main, I'd mix in some headbutts to stop people jumping, so I never really had to do anything to stop the teching of regular throws.

What can I do frametrap wise to punish people for teching? I've tried stepping back and throwing out the back hk but that seems hit or miss. Also...what would you say are his best frametraps overall? Like what should I use on a dash on or on my opponent's wakeup? Thanks so much!
    Howdy fellow Uriens! So I've been a Zangief player since launch pretty much and the transition to Urien hasn't been too bad so far. I'm having a little trouble in my frametrap game and was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. I see that Urien has some interesting tick throws, but some guys seem to tech everything! As a Zangief main, I'd mix in some headbutts to stop people jumping, so I never really had to do anything to stop the teching of regular throws.

What can I do frametrap wise to punish people for teching? I've tried stepping back and throwing out the back hk but that seems hit or miss. Also...what would you say are his best frametraps overall? Like what should I use on a dash on or on my opponent's wakeup? Thanks so much!

StMP is the God button, CH 3f jabs if you do crMP which CH links to fMP. If you block string stMP stLK it is far enough to use stHP and get a CC. stLK is +2 on block iirc.

fMP is my favorite button.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    Alot of what Urien is about is fmp mixups. It would be godlike if it was only -4

But the mixup of fmp then:

1. Overhead
    2. Low
    3. Throw
    4. Do nothing

Is really good. Particularly the throw mixup with the high.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Mr. X wrote: »

StMP is the God button, CH 3f jabs if you do crMP which CH links to fMP. If you block string stMP stLK it is far enough to use stHP and get a CC. stLK is +2 on block iirc.

fMP is my favorite button.

Dude I am loving the stMP stLK and stHP trap! I got quite a few cc's off of that tonight. Thanks so much!
    Dime_x wrote: »
    Alot of what Urien is about is fmp mixups. It would be godlike if it was only -4

But the mixup of fmp then:

1. Overhead
    2. Low
    3. Throw
    4. Do nothing

Is really good. Particularly the throw mixup with the high.

Which low are you using after fmp?
    edited October 2016
    Cr.lk against mashers, cr.mk against people that are just trying to block.

To prove how good the mixup is, just record yourself doing dash into target combo on one recording and dash into Fmp>cr.lk on another recording and let them play and see what it's like to try and block on reaction or with timing
    Post edited by Dime_x on
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited October 2016
    I need someone to test this out as I'm getting the same results over and over again, but my execution isn't the best... So far tested this against ken and chun works on 3 framers and 4 framers WORKS ON BACK TECH AND NEUTRAL TECH:

Cr.hp xx h fireball>h tackle>dash>wiff cr.lk then immediate fmp.

Covers chuns 3 frame cr.lp on both back rise and quickrise. On CH combos into st.mp (only on backrise) and there is enough time to get a charge to confirm into h tackle again (but the frame advantage changes here so it isn't loopable)

Besides that nice bit of tech, the REAL tech here is that if timed right, since fmp has 4 active frames it can cover both normal and quickrise...

Note that it doesn't actually hit meaty versus quickrise. The thing is that you only need to cover the 3rd frame after quickrise, since that is the frame the opponents fastest move becomes active.

From there with just a 3 active frame move, if the move has enough range it con cover both rises:

Move hits on opponents 3rd wakeup frame covering the jab on the quickrise.

But if the opponent backrise they will be 5 frames slower.

Now the move that was active on the 3rd frame of quickrise is also active on the 4th frame and also active on the 5th frame... So only 3 actives are needed to cover both rises... But uriens fmp has FOUR ACTIVES.

And it gets even better if that isn't good enough for you:

Because uriens fmp is 7 frame startup and hits somewhere around the opponents 3rd frame of quickrise...

That means that if you do a throw instead... It hits on the 1st frame of quickrise... Yeah that's right. This setup also throws quickrise (doesn't throw backrise though so be careful)

So that's a pretty powerful oki setup.

If the opponent insists on back rising then urien is at +frames on blocked fmp after a backrise.

Someone pls test this for me to see if my numbers are correct :) as it works perfectly in training mode.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited October 2016

To prove how good the mixup is, just record yourself doing dash into target combo on one recording and dash into Fmp>cr.lk on another recording and let them play and see what it's like to try and block on reaction or with timing

Cool, will definitely play with that. I've noticed on blocked max range fMP's that I can standing lk and stuff jab. However, anything less than that range on the fMP doesn't seem to have a follow up without getting jabbed. I'm guessing you're conditioning them to block the overhead before trying to mix up with it?

edit: grammar
    Post edited by ScottoSoHotto on

Cool, will definitely play with that. I've noticed on blocked max range fMP's that I can standing lk and stuff jab. However, anything less than that range on the fMP doesn't seem to have a follow up without getting jabbed. I'm guessing you're conditioning them to block the overhead before trying to mix up with it?

If they press anything and you did overhead, they get hit. It's a perfect frame trap iirc. That's what sets them up to do nothing. You just have to see what kind of player they are. Me personally I like to reversal out of that mixup when it's being used in an obvious way. Other people will want to block out, and others will mash.

I haven't played anyone enough to really get a bead for how people react to it over the course of several games.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    edited October 2016

If they press anything and you did overhead, they get hit. It's a perfect frame trap iirc. That's what sets them up to do nothing. You just have to see what kind of player they are. Me personally I like to reversal out of that mixup when it's being used in an obvious way. Other people will want to block out, and others will mash.

I haven't played anyone enough to really get a bead for how people react to it over the course of several games.

Right I wasn't considering the actual overhead follow up. I guess if they eat that a few times, they'll be more inclined to try and block which opens them up for the tick throw/low game. Will definitely be testing that tonight. Thanks so much for answering my noob questions lol
    @Dime_x

That mixup definitely works out nice! Saw a great shimmy online before and thought I'd share. Do a point blank stLK and take about half a step back and crouching hp will hit into full juggle combo should the other guy try to throw after the blocked stLK.
    Someone did this on me online, wanted to share
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • WhizardWhizard CFN: Whizard Joined: Posts: 472
    edited October 2016
    Link

Yo this is Mika levels of mind fuckery. Cant wait to test it out
    Whizard wrote: »
    Link

Yo this is Mika levels of mind fuckery. Cant wait to test it out

Agreed! Had a guy do this to me the other day and I could not remember the set up for the life of me. Thanks so much for posting!
  • Only Ash RemainsOnly Ash Remains Joined: Posts: 60
    TasteOfVictory has been doing it for quite a while now <_< It may have been that guy

I usually do it into c.hp because it's super ambiguous
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 507
    Curious why cr jab (block) grab works, but, cr jab (hit) grab does not? Since a grab is 5f and cr jab only leaves you in 4f of hitstun. However, if you do cr jab (hit) (slight delay) grab it works.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

When I Miss, Salt >:(

http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • w00tsickw00tsick Unblockable Joined: Posts: 1,434
    edited October 2016
    After throwing your opponent in the corner, a VERY slight delay f. mp hits meaty enough to combo cr. lk, cr. lp xx heavy headbutt,

If they block and you did the meaty properly, it's +1 because it's so active and it's also a mixup because people think you're going for the target combo after f. mp.

Even better it's not a terrible setup to do f.mp, cr. lk, cr. lp xx Close aegis -> jump forward fuzzy guard neutral jump instant overhead and the aegis combos them until you land, takes a bit of training mode to get right tho.

You can loop this on quick rise after heavy headbutt by doing f. mp -> f. mp for auto meaty.
  • 3nigmat1c3nigmat1c Labcoat Balrog Joined: Posts: 1,792
    edited October 2016
    Found two setups for meaty mk.tackle for quick-rise only, and safe on block (I think it's at worst -2):

cr.hk, immediate mk.tackle, st.lp xx st.mp [QR]
    hk.tackle, (slight delay), mk.tackle, st.lp xx st.mp xx hk.tackle [QR]
    cr.hp xx hp.fb, hk.tackle, (slightly longer delay) st.lp xx st.mp xx hk.tackle [QR]

I did on it on wider characters and it seems a bit weird in those circumstances, but works fine vs Ken.

Edit: Looks like you can't bait anything whiffing short tackle, BUT you can whiff mp/hp.headbutt for meter/cross-up and be safe.
    ...::: Pure_Knowledge :::...
    http://www.youtube.com/3nigmat1c

"Does my opponent deserve my respect?"
  • FatalFRAMEFatalFRAME Joined: Posts: 92

M.headbutt loop after a a grab on stun. Im trying to find out ambiguous ways to setup for a grab so i can do those headbutt loops in a real match.
  • Only Ash RemainsOnly Ash Remains Joined: Posts: 60
    FatalFRAME wrote: »
    M.headbutt loop after a a grab on stun. Im trying to find out ambiguous ways to setup for a grab so i can do those headbutt loops in a real match.

So, the other night I made two sequence samples for throw:

• ElSandwichMengElSandwichMeng Joined: Posts: 76
    First aegis tech stuff into multi aegis tech stuff. The setup is near max range st.mk xx (1st) aegis

1. Cr.hp (opponent bounces off of aegis, one hit left on aegis, fmp juggle (opponent gets knocked into meaty 1 hit aegis) from there you can run a low/throw/high mixup as you want. So that's ok... But there's better:
    2. Cr.hp (opponent bounces off of aegis) fmp xx headbutt juggle. This crosses up if timed right and h headbutt is used. Doesn't crossup if m or L headbutt are used.
    3. Same setup as the previous setups into fmp xx (2nd) v trigger.

The first aegis covers for the startup time of second aegis. Second aegis then has 3 charges but from somewhat far. They still bounce off the aegis but Urien has better frame advantage here since the opponent t needs to travel further to bounce off the aegis. Plus these 2 aegis combine for a 4 hit lockdown strider doom kinda thing.

Sorry I don't do videos but these are all pretty easy to recreate.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Canadian_sk8terCanadian_sk8ter Ian Joined: Posts: 376
    Is there any meterless way to combo into 2nd aegis
    Random video I found on some aegis tech stuff

Gettin' my derp on.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 984
    So I just watched this video in my sub box of headbutt loop. forgive me I'm a little late, but can someone brief me on what I need to be doing execution wise to loop st. jab with headbutt

SFV - Gouki/Bison/Urien. Cammy & Ken currently on standby while Laura is in devlopment
    #BuffGouki2018
    One down, Sagat to go. Game is pretty much complete for me.
    edited October 2016
    3 ways to get consistent headbutt loop I know of:

Forward throw (stun): cr. mp, light headbutt, charge hk, st. Lp and loop.

Back throw (stun): hk knee drop, charge hp, late cancel mp headbutt and loop.

Anything else (stun): dash into them as they get up from dizzy, charge hk, st. Lp and loop.

Also here's a really impractical one since they can mash out of it.

But if they didnt it looks like you get an extra loop.
  • FrozteyFroztey Buff Alex & Juri. Joined: Posts: 7,158
    This thread alone has made me appreciate this character a hell of a lot more.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545

SFV: Alex/Juri
    Overwatch: Tank - Reinhardt/Winston/Orisa, DPS - McCree/Soldier/Hanzo, Support - Mercy/Lucio/Zenyatta
  • Upcoming FighterUpcoming Fighter Joined: Posts: 515
    w00tsick wrote: »
    3 ways to get consistent headbutt loop I know of:

Forward throw (stun): cr. mp, light headbutt, charge hk, st. Lp and loop.

Back throw (stun): hk knee drop, charge hp, late cancel mp headbutt and loop.

Anything else (stun): dash into them as they get up from dizzy, charge hk, st. Lp and loop.

Also here's a really impractical one since they can mash out of it.

But if they didnt it looks like you get an extra loop.

How many headbutts do you get after the backthrow and anything else loop is started? I know the forward throw one gets two after the initial headbutt.
    SFV Characters: Urien, R. Mika, Vega
    USF4 Characters: Dudley, Hugo.
    UMVC3 Teams: Magnes/Vergil/Doom, Nemesis/Taskmaster/Trish, Strange/Doom/Strider.
    SFXT Teams: Yoshi/King, Dudley/Steve, Vega/Bob.

Usually you can only get 3 headbutts total including a final one you can't combo off of.

The last one in my post you could get 4
  • Upcoming FighterUpcoming Fighter Joined: Posts: 515
    edited October 2016
    w00tsick wrote: »
    Usually you can only get 3 headbutts total including a final one you can't combo off of.

The last one in my post you could get 4

Is there a video that shows the timing of the dash towards their stunned body loop? Id like to use that one for back throw atm since im having trouble with the stand hp cancel timing. The forward throw one is the easiest by far atm.
    SFV Characters: Urien, R. Mika, Vega
    USF4 Characters: Dudley, Hugo.
    UMVC3 Teams: Magnes/Vergil/Doom, Nemesis/Taskmaster/Trish, Strange/Doom/Strider.
    SFXT Teams: Yoshi/King, Dudley/Steve, Vega/Bob.

edited October 2016
    This is OT guys. This discussion belongs more in the combo forum than in here. Here is less for discussion and more for straight tech. If you want to (discuss) combos or tech or whatever, that's best in the general thread.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Ok this is nothing groundbreaking at all and can hardly be considered "tech" but to date I haven't seen any uriens using this and it's a decent trap against characters who's primary option for dealing with fireballs is to jump over them:

From about a characters length outside the opponents max jump in range, throw a jab fireball. Follow it slightly and when they jump over it towards you, use your Fmp AA to swat them out the air. It's a very nice and easy trap to use to make other characters respect your fireball game because the jab fireball is so slow that by the time the opponent is close enough to jump over it, urien has long since recovered.

For this reason, this type of fireball spacing is great for urien. Once the opponent respects this urien can dash behind the fireball to get closer.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 412
    Ok this is nothing groundbreaking at all and can hardly be considered "tech" but to date I haven't seen any uriens using this and it's a decent trap against characters who's primary option for dealing with fireballs is to jump over them:

From about a characters length outside the opponents max jump in range, throw a jab fireball. Follow it slightly and when they jump over it towards you, use your Fmp AA to swat them out the air. It's a very nice and easy trap to use to make other characters respect your fireball game because the jab fireball is so slow that by the time the opponent is close enough to jump over it, urien has long since recovered.

For this reason, this type of fireball spacing is great for urien. Once the opponent respects this urien can dash behind the fireball to get closer.

I do the same from fullscreen. Engage in a fireball war. Full charge a lp fireball. Let it diffuse over. Dash in f mp.
    Now that i think about it...you could bait a critical art finish...
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 555

What if they jump back with a button on the way down?
    edited December 2016
    HiyaMaya wrote: »

What if they jump back with a button on the way down?

The jump throw OS involves the jump and throw tech happening as they are jumping up so they'll be in recovery on the way down from light kick or air throw whiff if they have air throw.

NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • potatobrainpotatobrain Joined: Posts: 18
    Hey homies, I have a mixup tech question.

When you activate Aegis, and the dude's in a combo, we all know the crhp, f+mp tackle under mixup.

But the thing is, it's always a cross under. I don't have a "un-crossunder" version, so once the opponent catches on to it, there's no real mixup.

Or is there? This is a legit question I'm asking here.

For the cross under version, I usually do
    fmp, hp, aegis, mp, crmp, crhp, fmp, lk tackle (whiff), and opponent lands on the aegis for a cross under. I do crmp to bring me a tiny bit closer to the aegis, in order to do the tackle cross under properly. The lk tackle can also be replaced with hp headbutt for the same effect.

For the non-cross under version, I usually do
    fmp, hp, aegis, mp, mp, crhp, fmp, lp headbutt (whiff), and there's no cross under. I land in front, and try to hit.

However, I haven't figured out how to do the non-cross under version where the opponent LANDS ON the aegis. At high level, this is necessary, otherwise my opponent can see that I don't crossup and block my next button.

In essence, if I can't figure out how to do a non-cross under version where the opponent lands on the aegis, I might as well kiss this tech goodbye as it becomes a low level gimmick. Anyone who's seen it once can block it.

Thoughts?
    Hey homies, I have a mixup tech question.

When you activate Aegis, and the dude's in a combo, we all know the crhp, f+mp tackle under mixup.

But the thing is, it's always a cross under. I don't have a "un-crossunder" version, so once the opponent catches on to it, there's no real mixup.

Or is there? This is a legit question I'm asking here.

For the cross under version, I usually do
    fmp, hp, aegis, mp, crmp, crhp, fmp, lk tackle (whiff), and opponent lands on the aegis for a cross under. I do crmp to bring me a tiny bit closer to the aegis, in order to do the tackle cross under properly. The lk tackle can also be replaced with hp headbutt for the same effect.

For the non-cross under version, I usually do
    fmp, hp, aegis, mp, mp, crhp, fmp, lp headbutt (whiff), and there's no cross under. I land in front, and try to hit.

However, I haven't figured out how to do the non-cross under version where the opponent LANDS ON the aegis. At high level, this is necessary, otherwise my opponent can see that I don't crossup and block my next button.

In essence, if I can't figure out how to do a non-cross under version where the opponent lands on the aegis, I might as well kiss this tech goodbye as it becomes a low level gimmick. Anyone who's seen it once can block it.

Thoughts?

I use L or H headbutt since tackle doesn't have a non-crossup set up.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • potatobrainpotatobrain Joined: Posts: 18
    Ok so I understand using lp or hp headbutt, but I don't find it strong.

Hp headbutt makes sense, because the opponent lands on the aegis, so if he's blocking the wrong way, the moment he lands it hits and he's done.

But lp headbutt is too weak, because the opponent lands NEXT To the aegis, so if he's blocking the wrong way, he has enough time to readjust and block the right away based on where you land.

Do you have any tech where you can do the lp headbutt and he lands ON the aegis?
    LOL season 2 frame trap:

Cr.mk from around 75% range on block>ex tackle. It's only 5-8 frame gap and from that range players will be using mediums or or jumps after the blocked cr.mk since they think it's minus. Shits hitting like everyone lol.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 555
    What about c.MK to c.MP frame trap? c.MK +2 and c.MP 6f startup so only 4f moves or faster.Combos into c.MP again on CH and still leaves you +.

Will test when i get home.
  • ParryThisParryThis Joined: Posts: 412
    edited December 2016
    Noticed that f mp x lk tackle cross under is less lenient in it's piano timing window.
    My Mains:
    3rdStrike: Hugo
    SF5: Urien
  • DarkornDarkorn Joined: Posts: 3
    Fellow Uriens,

I find the Cr.HP into whiff Headbutt into Cr.Hp very inconsistant. I've tried releasing the headbutt early, late, tried different ranges for the first Cr.HP... Sometimes it works, sometimes the second Cr.Hp whiffs because I cross under, sometimes I must press it too late. Any scientific info about that? Would be really appreciated. To me it seems like max range Cr.Hp is the most reliable one, but I would love some feedback.

Other than that, the new Urien feels amazing, hope you're all having as much fun as I do stomping those online warriors ;)

• Shin EinShin Ein The One Hit Dizzy Joined: Posts: 42
    edited December 2016
    Darkorn wrote: »
    Fellow Uriens,

I find the Cr.HP into whiff Headbutt into Cr.Hp very inconsistant. I've tried releasing the headbutt early, late, tried different ranges for the first Cr.HP... Sometimes it works, sometimes the second Cr.Hp whiffs because I cross under, sometimes I must press it too late. Any scientific info about that? Would be really appreciated. To me it seems like max range Cr.Hp is the most reliable one, but I would love some feedback.

Other than that, the new Urien feels amazing, hope you're all having as much fun as I do stomping those online warriors ;)

There's a certain range you need to be for cr.FP so the wiffed headbutt dosent put you too far under them. Too close with cr.FP and they'll just fly over you; too far and you wiff the second hit. The ideal range is just close enough so cr.HP hits twice. I find using j.FK gives the best spacing for this setup, as j.FP tends to leave you just out of range. Works great for jump-ins over fireballs since you're normally pretty spaced out. Hitting them with the ankle of j.FK gives the perfect spacing. It looks too far, but cr.FP moves you forward enough to put you in range. This method gives you some wiggle room on the second cr.FP juggle since it feels like you can do it a bit early.

You can actually land this while hitting the cr.FP from point-blank as well, you just need to wait REALLY late to do the cr.FP after the whiffed headbutt.
    ~Noblesse Oblige~