Bloody Roar

2»

Comments

• BossBrownBossBrown Joined: Posts: 98
    I'd love for BR to make a comeback even if BR1 was really the only installment I truly loved to play because after that they just added too many characters that IMHO were pretty shitty designs. Not that Greg was an amazing design, but at least having a Gorilla is 600% cooler than just having a second Tiger, or a "Half-Beast" Cat.

If the series ever returns, I'd like to see the original 8 characters back. Alice was my main in BR1 before they took away all her fun stuff and hard-hitting moves.

They only added like 2 tigers and 2 wolfs and its not like they or the half beast or the unknown did not have actual stories. Saying that I do wish mans like Greg and the Fox chick were still in the game if they do a new one should bring them back. They have to keep long and shen long as is but maybe they can do something different with fang maybe they should had some pre historic transformation seeing as they have legendary beasts and everything else then they could make him like a Dire Wolf or something. We could even get a sabertooth maybe etc
  • PrimalFighterPrimalFighter Joined: Posts: 108
    They never added birds & aquatic creatures into the game. Such a shame. Not enough reptiles either.

For reptiles, they got a chameleon. They never brought out a cobra.

They never brought out an eagle & shark.
  • keo-baskeo-bas Joined: Posts: 1,984
    Raven= is bird.
    They also had dragon.

Fox is a dude
    Seikuken Disciple
    "That Phantom Breaker Guy"
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 2,339
    keo-bas wrote: »
    Raven= is bird.
    They also had dragon.

Fox is a dude

Or a chick, depending on which version you're playing.

And Chrono was a penguin/phoenix, so yeah there was a birdburd.

And no aquatic creatures..they probably wanted stuff with limbs. Thinking on it, missed opportunity for a literal Street Shark.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
    Well not enough birds. But the most main bird of all - the eagle, could've been added.

If they added a shark zoan, we'd have inspiration from Street Sharks & King Shark.

A crocodile or alligator, inspiration from Killer Croc.

That goes for if they added a snapping turtle, TMNT.
  • KhentimentiuKhentimentiu Scrub-tacular Joined: Posts: 417
    Penguins are both birds and aquatic.

checkmate atheists.
  • bodlerbodler The Unmixupable Joined: Posts: 1,074
    bloody roar extreme was the most satisfying 29.95 I had ever spent.
  • KhaosKruzerKhaosKruzer Joined: Posts: 5
    I thought Primal Roar was the best. Best gameplay, and good variety of animal forms. Konami brought back Bomberman, they might bring this back.
  • UltimateChocolateUltimateChocolate Joined: Posts: 40
    If bloody roar comes back, who should be the developer?
    "I push buttons and do combo, vape nation.." - Abraham Lincoln, 2020
    follow me on twitter
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I liked how the announcer would yell the character names as if they were all friends he hadn't seen in years.

"Gado! Jenny! Busuzujime!"
    Konami's stuck on Panchiko boxes. Someone needs to buy BR from them.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy Serving my robot overlords <3 Joined: Posts: 12,148
    Gimme my stun and shina please. Antler bomb the rap outta people with the insect grappler.
  • DarkscizzarDarkscizzar Joined: Posts: 2
    I keep hearing about how the US version of BR4 is full of glitches, slowdown and all that, but never actually experienced it. Did they patch it some time later?
    Anyway, here's why I'm here : the 20th anniversary of BR is coming fast and I'm working on a tribute album. Does anyone here know who I can contact for permission?
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,991
    How would they patch it? It was the PS2 years, LOL.
  • CyanPrimeCyanPrime Joined: Posts: 49
    Magegg wrote: »
    How would they patch it? It was the PS2 years, LOL.

This isn't unheard of, look at OoT. The red and green blood, and the fire temple bgm.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 753
    I played Bloody Roar 2 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how well it aged! It sure was a fun franchise.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,708
    the sound fx in 2 make my ears bleed.
    everything is so loud and metallic.
    Play more.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 61
    Very simple game yet it was fun and pretty interesting. I would like to see another sequel. Even to this day I still don't know hot to play it properly tho, I only know a few moves with Long lmao.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 439
    But ever since Killer Instinct's return, there's gotta be a way to revive it. If Konami won't do it, some other company oughta buy it from them somehow.

nothings-impossible.jpg
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bloody Roar could do really well in this market. FGs are still pretty poised to become a big part of E Sports, DLC could make a killing for Konami, and the furry movement could have something to jizz itself over. Give it a small but dedicated team to create it (with decent art direction) and then watch the money flow in. I bet it would at least do better than KI.

• NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tebbo wrote: »
    the sound fx in 2 make my ears bleed.
    everything is so loud and metallic.

That shit stays with you as a kid though. I still remember the KRRRRRRAAAAAANNNNNGGGGG of faultless defense against Justice's Gamma Ray in the original Guilty Gear.
  • UltimateChocolateUltimateChocolate Joined: Posts: 40
    if bloody roar came out today, how would shen long be handled?
    "I push buttons and do combo, vape nation.." - Abraham Lincoln, 2020
    follow me on twitter
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,085
    I loved the first two games for PSX. Very interesting fighter with a unique gimmick.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 439
    Yup I still think theres a shot, just need some idea is all
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • KunikuKuniku Joined: Posts: 351
    I absolutely loved the BR games as a kid, and would love to see them return, even if its just a bundle of HD remasters on current gen xD

I doubt they'd be something I'd play competateively, so wouldn't be *that* fussed about how balanced they were or weren't way back when. I'd just like a convenient way of playing them now!
    I would have liked a BR crossover game. I mean, Ramon, Nakoruru and Terry as guest characters, each one with their transformation. It would be cool to see guest characters with transformations. A cool application for the concept, IMO.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,747
    edited May 11
    I enjoyed the series quite a bit, but missed the last entry when it made the jump to (at the time) next gen consoles. I was sad to hear it just up and stopped and the future of the series was dubious due to the studio being shut down. : /

I'd love a modern take on it. The storyline reminded me of X-men a bit, made it pretty cool to be more than just a tournament style setting.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

Concept video for Captain Commando II intro / Attract Mode.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    If Bloody Roar came back, since Cronos transforms from penguin to phoenix, they should bring up a concept where some fighters transform into normal beasts and evolve into stronger beasts based on mythical beasts, demons, angels & aliens.

One human would be the first to be playable who at first carries a grudge towards all zoanthropes and wants them all gone. But realizes his error near the end when Yugo saves him and they start treating each other as allies. The human and Gado can act as representatives for both races. Imagine the human fighter using an Iron Man-like battlesuit that copies a beast and its abilities.

The story of it does remind us of X-Men. But later games all races unite against bigger threats.
    edited May 13
    Nah, forget it.
  • DarkscizzarDarkscizzar Joined: Posts: 2
    Magegg wrote: »
    Nah, forget it.

Yo, never say never.
    The 20th anniversary is coming, maybe it will get some coverage
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 627
    Maybe if they made a terra formars fighting game in the same vain as BR
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 257
    I only played Bloody Roar 4 which a friend helped fine for me. I have not played it for a long time but wow did the game feel fluid and good even on a pad. I need to try the rest of the series and would support a new game being made.
    The world needs more folk metal
2»