Bloody Roar

2»

Comments

• PrimalFighterPrimalFighter Joined: Posts: 106
    Konami's stuck on Panchiko boxes. Someone needs to buy BR from them.
  • FengShuiEnergyFengShuiEnergy ARIA is the only answer Joined: Posts: 10,783
    Gimme my stun and shina please. Antler bomb the rap outta people with the insect grappler.
  • DarkscizzarDarkscizzar Joined: Posts: 2
    I keep hearing about how the US version of BR4 is full of glitches, slowdown and all that, but never actually experienced it. Did they patch it some time later?
    Anyway, here's why I'm here : the 20th anniversary of BR is coming fast and I'm working on a tribute album. Does anyone here know who I can contact for permission?
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,805
    How would they patch it? It was the PS2 years, LOL.
  • CyanPrimeCyanPrime Joined: Posts: 45
    Magegg wrote: »
    How would they patch it? It was the PS2 years, LOL.

This isn't unheard of, look at OoT. The red and green blood, and the fire temple bgm.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 587
    I played Bloody Roar 2 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how well it aged! It sure was a fun franchise.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,682
    the sound fx in 2 make my ears bleed.
    everything is so loud and metallic.
    Play more.
  • ShiroZXShiroZX Joined: Posts: 34
    Very simple game yet it was fun and pretty interesting. I would like to see another sequel. Even to this day I still don't know hot to play it properly tho, I only know a few moves with Long lmao.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 364
    But ever since Killer Instinct's return, there's gotta be a way to revive it. If Konami won't do it, some other company oughta buy it from them somehow.

nothings-impossible.jpg
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bloody Roar could do really well in this market. FGs are still pretty poised to become a big part of E Sports, DLC could make a killing for Konami, and the furry movement could have something to jizz itself over. Give it a small but dedicated team to create it (with decent art direction) and then watch the money flow in. I bet it would at least do better than KI.

• NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tebbo wrote: »
    the sound fx in 2 make my ears bleed.
    everything is so loud and metallic.

That shit stays with you as a kid though. I still remember the KRRRRRRAAAAAANNNNNGGGGG of faultless defense against Justice's Gamma Ray in the original Guilty Gear.
  • UltimateChocolateUltimateChocolate Joined: Posts: 38
    if bloody roar came out today, how would shen long be handled?
    "I push buttons and do combo, vape nation.." - Abraham Lincoln, 2020
    follow me on twitter
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,008
    I loved the first two games for PSX. Very interesting fighter with a unique gimmick.
  • DJBLKKZAND94DJBLKKZAND94 DJ/Fighter/Scratcher and Killer Joined: Posts: 364
    Yup I still think theres a shot, just need some idea is all
    PSN:DJBLKKZAND514
    XBL:IRONKRUSH514
    STEAM:DJBLKKZANDO514
    ⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓟⓩⓘⓟⓩⓘⓘⓘⓘⓟⓩⓟⓟⓩⓟⓩⓩⓟⓗⓩⓩⓨ
    "Everybody love him"
    -Joey Bada$$:Unorthodox
    Scratched by DJ PREMIER
  • KunikuKuniku Joined: Posts: 351
    I absolutely loved the BR games as a kid, and would love to see them return, even if its just a bundle of HD remasters on current gen xD

I doubt they'd be something I'd play competateively, so wouldn't be *that* fussed about how balanced they were or weren't way back when. I'd just like a convenient way of playing them now!
    I would have liked a BR crossover game. I mean, Ramon, Nakoruru and Terry as guest characters, each one with their transformation. It would be cool to see guest characters with transformations. A cool application for the concept, IMO.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,555
    edited May 11
    I enjoyed the series quite a bit, but missed the last entry when it made the jump to (at the time) next gen consoles. I was sad to hear it just up and stopped and the future of the series was dubious due to the studio being shut down. : /

I'd love a modern take on it. The storyline reminded me of X-men a bit, made it pretty cool to be more than just a tournament style setting.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • PrimalFighterPrimalFighter Joined: Posts: 106
    If Bloody Roar came back, since Cronos transforms from penguin to phoenix, they should bring up a concept where some fighters transform into normal beasts and evolve into stronger beasts based on mythical beasts, demons, angels & aliens.

One human would be the first to be playable who at first carries a grudge towards all zoanthropes and wants them all gone. But realizes his error near the end when Yugo saves him and they start treating each other as allies. The human and Gado can act as representatives for both races. Imagine the human fighter using an Iron Man-like battlesuit that copies a beast and its abilities.

The story of it does remind us of X-Men. But later games all races unite against bigger threats.
    edited May 13
    Nah, forget it.
  • DarkscizzarDarkscizzar Joined: Posts: 2
    Magegg wrote: »
    Nah, forget it.

Yo, never say never.
    The 20th anniversary is coming, maybe it will get some coverage
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 619
    Maybe if they made a terra formars fighting game in the same vain as BR
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
  • PurplePonyArcadePurplePonyArcade Pretentious Android Joined: Posts: 252
    I only played Bloody Roar 4 which a friend helped fine for me. I have not played it for a long time but wow did the game feel fluid and good even on a pad. I need to try the rest of the series and would support a new game being made.
    The world needs more folk metal
2»