[VCU] Valiant Cinematic Universe | Ninjak comes to wreck down the house

MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,810
Marvel and DC, here comes a new challenger!!

50567_big.jpg

Upcoming:
Ninjak Vs The Valiant Universe (2017) (Webseries)
Harbinger (2017)
Bloodshot (2018)
Harbinger Wars (2019)

Ninjak Vs The Valiant Universe

b0c9c87e-414a-4018-ac8d-ccceee30e860.jpg
Ninjak (Colin King) is MI-6’s deadliest intelligence operative and weapons expert. When the ruthless assassin Roku exploits his greatest weakness, Ninjak is forced to betray his closest allies. On the run, he faces off against powerful heroes for a high-octane, take-no-prisoners trial by fire. In 2017, the world’s most dangerous super-spy goes to war with the Valiant Universe.

Looks still webseries-y, but also quite loyal to the comics. Stunts seem cool. I think it could be a compelling show :D

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,434
    Huh... so we're about to reach COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION™ on superhero live-action stuff.

Seriously, though, it's cool to see the Valiant Universe get some mainstream shine... Holla at me when bootleg Iron Man, er, X-O Manowar gets his own series.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,810
    At least looks like they're confident with the superhero genre, it's going to be over the top and it's 6 episodes so I expect lots of SFX in each episode.

And dat costume looks straight from a Mortal Kombat video game. Which is cool as fuck B|
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 6,141
    edited October 2016
    Was that friggin' John Morrison? Johnny Nitro?
  • MOB712MOB712 Joined: Posts: 1,233
    Oh shit that's JDF as Bloodshot!
    MOB712 wrote: »
    Oh shit that's JDF as Bloodshot!

Oh shit! The Greatest Ranger of all... It's really him.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    rapture-002-variant-ninjakvs-photo-1001328.jpg
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,359
    When's Turok?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    When's Turok?

Hopefully soon... and let JDF play him too.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,975
    I doubt valiant will dethrone Mavrel, everything so far looks like TV/b movie quality
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    edited June 29
    I don't think Valiant's purpose is to dethrone Marvel. They're not that stupid to think they can.

But their adaptations could be good in their own way.

After seeing Ninjak's trailer I didn't like that it looked like they were going the "junk food superhero" route, but apparently there's more than that. If they nail a particular style and the audience respond, they could actually build their own trustworthy multimedia brand.
    Magegg wrote: »
    I don't think Valiant's purpose is to dethrone Marvel. They're not that stupid to think they can.

But their adaptations could be good in their own way.

After seeing Ninjak's trailer I didn't like that it looked like they were going the "junk food superhero" route, but apparently there's more than that. If they nail a particular style, they could actually build their own trustworthy multimedia brand.

Assuming they nail a certain style.
    Like how the Hercules and Xena shows has a cheesiness to them yet still be stylized to make that cheesy appealing. I also hold the casting of Jason David Frank against them instead if for them. He is good what he does, but it always be associated with a certain kids show to me.
    edited June 29
    There must be at least one superhero market hole they could be filling, maybe not as an "AAA Entertainment" product, but as a nice side-dish. As for now, they seem to be an action-packed, R-Rated, kind-of-cheesy-kind-of-mature oriented (you know, like modern comic books), better-than-TV budget, intensive, CW Arrowverse-like short webseries.
    Sounds like a deal to me; something you can watch in four to six hours in a weekend and leave with a good taste and some promises of continuity.

As a 30yo busy guy who's also a big comic book fan, I've been dodging superhero TV series like the Arrowverse because
    1) they're just a huge investment in time (and probably plot memory). Storylines will very likely drag on a lot.
    2) I don't like the soap operish/teenage girl oriented/audience-encompassing tone.
    3) I think the special effects could be improved so much.
    But I'm for sure going to watch the fuck out of Ninjak. It doesn't seem to present any of those three problems. It looks like a show very well streamlined to guys like me.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Assuming they nail a certain style.
    Like how the Hercules and Xena shows has a cheesiness to them yet still be stylized to make that cheesy appealing. I also hold the casting of Jason David Frank against them instead if for them. He is good what he does, but it always be associated with a certain kids show to me.
    Yeah. I admit, the Ninjak trailer alone there were some parts that looked really cheesy, specially those with Bloodshot and Armstrong. But after seeing the leaked Bloodshot footage, it doesn't look that cheesy at all. I hope they really nail a good style, because analyzing the trailers and test footage, they really have a good chance there.
    I'll give it a shot because Valiant has some cool characters I'd like to see in live-action.

I am worried about the budget making some of this stuff look cheesy as fuck though.
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    wtf is a ninjak. And what happened to mr sinister's forehead diamond?
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,692
    Are they doing Colin King or Denny Meachum version of Ninjak?
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Colin King.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Do not fist the android grills!! Joined: Posts: 23,043 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 30
    Ninjak was only cool when he wasn't fake batman. Like do we really REALLY need another rich white guy fights crime and is best at everything because he is rich and white XD.

Gimme cheesy video game powered Ninjak anyday. I need to jump back on that new Bloodshot.

Edit: saving grace of this movie is that it has all the other characters so they can take you away from how lame Colin King is.
    My problem with the name Ninjak is the problem any 3rd rate Comic publication has with misusing the word Ninja as part of the character's name.
    When your super powers/gimmick is "being Ninja" comes in, it always sounds corny as hell to me.

Also looking at that costume, it looks like they can't make up their mind.
    Why a modern tactical outfit has so many useless useless decorations and embellishments (mostly on the belt/loincloth thing).
    A real "ninja"/tactical outfit would not have useless shiny metal bits that can be used to catch the light and give away your position.

Get rid of those "coin things" and try to blacken up those other metal/brass pieces.
    Even if its obvious some dude tried to blacked those brass pieces with a sharpie marker or black spray paint, it be better than having exposed brass fittings.

They even had versions of Ninjak with out the shinny metal bits
    NINJAK_001_VARIANT_DESIGN-MANN.jpg
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,784
    This mofo over here like "Dats not realistic in my comic book movie!" lol
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Ninjak I consider to be one of the weaker Valiant characters, but X-O Manowar and Bloodshot's budgets would easily be quadruple what a Ninjak series is.
    This mofo over here like "Dats not realistic in my comic book movie!" lol
    Get the fuck out of here

Even ignoring the bad designs, the name alone kills any ability for me to like Ninjak. Come on Ninjak? More like Ninjerk, Nutjak, Non-ja.
    Sounds like a Character a 9 year old came up with, his powers is being Ninja and his name is play on Ninja, his concept is built from a Pre-Naruto Child's understanding of Ninjas.
    Only way to get a more laughable Ninja is well Naruto the Ninja Magical police officer with nothing to do with Ninjas.

Ninjak would of been better if they drop the whole White guy who became a Ninja BS and stuck to his MI6 side of his character.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Ninjak I consider to be one of the weaker Valiant characters, but X-O Manowar and Bloodshot's budgets would easily be quadruple what a Ninjak series is.

X-O Manowar and Bloodshot is the only two Valiant characters I do liked.

With X-O, I didn't know about his greatness till he did a crossover with Iron Man.
    Bloodshot a little different, he like parts of other similar characters. Punishers MO, Deathstorkes backstory with a touch Wolverine's Weapons Plus added for kicks.

• 2-D2-D Praise BasedGod...Hand Joined: Posts: 927
    I'm so sick of Rebel Wilson, plus from the little I've read of Faith, Jillian Bell would be a better pick imo.
    PSN:ForeverKing901
    3DS:3969-5077-5320
    WSHH is like a genital herpes to the black community - Gimpy
    Youtube: http://m.youtube.com/user/infamoustechnique
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 5,692
    No, no, no, you can keep Rebel Wilson thanks very much.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Rebel is too old for Faith.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,682
    where's rai.
    Play more.
  • abkalldayabkallday Joined: Posts: 2,210
    Can't wait for the Ninjak movie
    Psn:Genocidecu
    UMVC3:Dante/X-23/Magneto Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Lars/Nina USF4:Guy/Juri/Adon/Rufus
    GGPO:genocide_cuttah KOF 2002 Shermie/K/Kula Kof 98: Iroi/Robert/Saisyu/Kyo Garou: Kim Dong Hwan and Gato
    I don't think there will be a movie
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,764
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Huh... so we're about to reach COMPLETE GLOBAL SATURATION™ on superhero live-action stuff.

Seriously, though, it's cool to see the Valiant Universe get some mainstream shine... Holla at me when bootleg Iron Man, er, X-O Manowar gets his own series.

Man I read X.O as a kid. That shit was brutal. Iron Man never got eaten by a dinosaur and got trapped in his suit for decades while he regenerated.

Shadowman is my favourite Black superhero as well.

Yeah I was kidding with the "bootleg" Iron Man quip. X-O Manowar is a badass.
  • LordxMugenLordxMugen FIGHTAN GAHMS!!! Joined: Posts: 508
    I REALLY need a Shadowman TV series in my life. Id love a Turok one as well, but theres no budget for something like that (cause we would ALL want the one from the 90s and videogames and not the Son of Stone original stuff or whatever the hell happened in their new stuff). At least Shadowman is flexible if you dont go overboard with Deadside.
    *silently waits for Darkstalkers 4*
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 7,764
    LordxMugen wrote: »
    I REALLY need a Shadowman TV series in my life. Id love a Turok one as well, but theres no budget for something like that (cause we would ALL want the one from the 90s and videogames and not the Son of Stone original stuff or whatever the hell happened in their new stuff). At least Shadowman is flexible if you dont go overboard with Deadside.

Shadowman would make for a kickass show as it could get the Marvel Netflix treatment and focus on mood and atmosphere and characters and tone down on the whole CG side of things.