Help with Fightcade

GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true GodJoined: Posts: 886
I've tried reading and watching videos to help myself for 2 weeks, but nothing has worked and I need serious assistance.

How do I get my ROMs to work?

I have Fightcade and I can open it, but I have no idea how to play the games I've downloaded. I got the ROMs from the site that Fightcade sent me to, I put them in the appropriate folder, but Fightcade isn't recognizing any of them.

I am horribly bad with computers and I'm definitely making a rookie mistake somewhere. I've read that the files need to be zipped. I think I rezipped them, but I have no idea. I followed the directions I found online to zip a file, but I'm not sure I did this correctly. Do I need to put all of the ROM files into a single folder and then put it into the Locate ROM folder?

I am running Windows 10. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
Inj2: Wonder Woman
SFV: Cammy

Comments

• Six18Six18 Joined: Posts: 26
    Are you extracting the ZIP files by any chance? Leave them as they are in the ROMS folder if you aren't.

Try running Fightcade as an administrator, you do this by right clicking the exe file, go to properties, go to compatibility and tick "Run this program as an administrator", then click apply and OK.
    I'm buns at Street Fighter. Part of the small Kuwaiti FGC.

SFV: Alex?
    USFIV: Fei Long/Boxer
    SF3:TS: Urien/Oro/Gouki
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 886
    Thank you.

Yes, I think my computer is automatically extracting them. I'm not sure how to prevent this.
  • GreenwoodGreenwood Earth, the only true God Joined: Posts: 886
    edited October 2016
    This is the 3rd Strike ROM I downloaded. It was labeled (Japan 990512, NO CD), just like it says in Fightcade. I saved the file and dragged it into the ROM folder in Fightcade.

It looks like this but I know it's wrong because I still can't play.
    IMG_0035_zpsdfgapaxq.jpg
  • Six18Six18 Joined: Posts: 26
    Alright, first off, I'm glad you have NES and Genesis Emulators, that's hella classy and makes me like you, alot.

Anyways, You need a tool to "open" zip files with. I recommend using WinRAR (Don't worry it's safe and free.). Another issue is that your ROM isn't saved with the exact name that it should have, which is "sfiii3n" and you're also missing "sfiii3". Your sfiii3n ROM also seems to be smaller than usual.

Check your PM's in abit please.
    I'm buns at Street Fighter. Part of the small Kuwaiti FGC.

SFV: Alex?
    USFIV: Fei Long/Boxer
    SF3:TS: Urien/Oro/Gouki