Hori Hayabusa Silent Optical Joystick In TE2+?

liquidlotusliquidlotus Joined: Posts: 50
I'm thinking bout picking up the Hori Hayabusa Silent Optical Joystick. I hear it has a 6 pin harness and comes with a 6 pin cable. Is it possible to adapt this to my standard 5 pin harness while keeping my current cable stock?

Comments

• DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 469
    I havent seen a te2+ pcb in person but normally what you would do is crimp a jst-xh female connector to the other end of the cable that comes with the hayabusa, for gnd, u, d l, r, and plug that in the connector on the pcb where the jlf cable was. Then find a place to solder the 6th wire for vcc. However ive read some posts that indicate the pcb might start acting weird if vcc is tapped.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,416
    I'm thinking bout picking up the Hori Hayabusa Silent Optical Joystick. I hear it has a 6 pin harness and comes with a 6 pin cable. Is it possible to adapt this to my standard 5 pin harness while keeping my current cable stock?

Possible, you need to find a 5 pin connector to splice into your 6 pin harness and you also need to tap somewhere for VCC.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • BludikaBludika Joined: Posts: 16
    curious about this too, it says that one last pin needs to be soldered right into the PCB according to AS :(
  • Murphy0XMurphy0X Joined: Posts: 62
    edited August 10
    I have a silent hayabusa installed in my joystick. I'm using a brooks ufb so it's pretty easy to install. The cable it came with is a six 6 pin harness on one side and no harness on the other. You could easily install a 5 pin harness on that side then manually solder the sixth wire. You'll need to install a cable harness yourself if you want to use your existing connector.