Cooperation Cup 15. January 7th and 8th, 2017. Tokyo, Japan.

2»

Comments

• RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,871
    Strem was better this year in terms of showcasing the entirety of 5v5 sets and not randomly cutting to different matches imo. I just wish that they would use Challonge and also find a way to better convey who is playing. I felt the English commentators had trouble more often than trying to figure out who was playing. Still an awesome steam and tournament.

See you guys there in 2018 :tup:
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • R_V_NR_V_N Joined: Posts: 28
    That swag. You guys look so gangster.

2yDvL.md.jpg
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,426
    edited January 9
    Richter wrote: »
    Strem was better this year in terms of showcasing the entirety of 5v5 sets and not randomly cutting to different matches imo. I just wish that they would use Challonge and also find a way to better convey who is playing. I felt the English commentators had trouble more often than trying to figure out who was playing. Still an awesome steam and tournament.

See you guys there in 2018 :tup:
    Japan stream had the high production of the Team name number, all players at the bottom for you to cross check to that list of teams, also posted to SRK frontpage (when I first saw teams listed that way I was looking to see Nuki's team go far!). Also how many players the team currently beat, so any 4-4 = anchor guys, which was a weird way at first until you recognized that's what that # was, not players left. US stream had a bigger game feed window yeah.

I was doing my own baseball scoring on what player up next/how many players left. Who went 1st, etc.

MILKY BOYS, legends, got #23 again?
    .eJwNzMERgyAQAMBeKIADhEN955UubpAgMwoOd3ll0rtuAftT33GoVe0iF68AW-XUx6ZZ-qCSdem9HJmuyjr1E0iE0n7mJgxuitYYZ9HgEucpBAcO0droosdlRh-C8fB-NmovailbFl3qR_1v_sclDA.Fw7YezsR9r_67x-eLMTUWS6J8kA

I have not unlocked Larry Bird to make him do the same. That will have to wait.

Those shirts in the SF2X Gouki silhoutte outline, red blue square character portrait arcade flyer were too sick.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,031
    Milky boys are definitely #23 material
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 5,302
    Would be cool if they allow Gill. Yun and Makoto still owns Gill though...
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,871
    That's true HAX, I was watching the English stream so I forgot about the scoring they showed on the JP Stream. English stream should be the same as the JP stream minus the commentary! (keep Zhi off the mic please)
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ イタリアの強大なユリアン Joined: Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oh and the funniest part was when on the EN stream the camera was on Matsuda/Kochiya but the audio was from Pherai/Ryan, best dub ever :D
    gooby plz
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,050
    Richter wrote: »
    That's true HAX, I was watching the English stream so I forgot about the scoring they showed on the JP Stream. English stream should be the same as the JP stream minus the commentary! (keep Zhi off the mic please)

Arlieth said the computer's system language was set to Japanese so they couldn't properly set up the English stream

meanwhile the Japanese stream had the team numbers, names, players, and the score, as well as the current tournament stage
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • andrew_janDekandrew_janDek Joined: Posts: 99
    Pretty amazing matches all around. Couldn't help but feel a bit said to see Tominaga keep stealing those victories away vs Vanao and Haitani especially, but good shit to him nonetheless. There couldn't have been a team I wanted to win more than Kuni's outside of the aforementioned one. Also somehow Kyabetsu's matches are always exciting as fuck, win or lose.
  • TebboTebbo Play. Joined: Posts: 5,627
    an aside:

is hayao a vampire?
    p sure he's a vampire.
    Play more.
  • DiegoBoyDiegoBoy Joined: Posts: 174
    IglooBob wrote: »
    Pearl Rice is an interesting character. He introduces himself as

"Hi I'm Pearl Rice Chun. I used to be gay."

lol he had to get the word out i guess
    So dramatic seeing BM Jiro trying to work out who send out out of Hugo, Q, Remy and Necro.
    Tokura doing a raw super after his slashes gets blocked (all 3 hits) ain't got nothing on 2Nasty.
    Dudes been doing that on GGPO since like 2008.

But seriously people should show the main tournament to potential new players, especially SF5 players
  • andrew_janDekandrew_janDek Joined: Posts: 99
    edited January 12
    R_V_N wrote: »
    So dramatic seeing BM Jiro trying to work out who send out out of Hugo, Q, Remy and Necro.

I agree that it was a difficult situation. I really felt like they should have put up TM for some reason. I can't argue with the Pierrot decision one bit, but I feel TM just seems to be really clutch. I feel like he was made for that situation.
2»