Kyo's position and grooves?

RyanTheRobotRyanTheRobot Lord of the BlingJoined: Posts: 327
I like using Kyo and definately want him on my team.

I've read both the Arc faqs on Gamefaqs but neither discusses the grooves in terms of Kyo.

I'm a 3S player and can parry well in CvS2 but I don't want to mess up my timing for 3S so I'm avoiding P-Groove. Kinda torn between C and N.

Also should Kyo be first R1 or last R2?
"Little known fact: nothingxs is actually a rare spanish breed of oompaloompa." - Anthony, RandomNigger, Adam*Warlock

CvS2: K Black (Bison, Balrog, Blanka) - MvC2: Guile/Cable/Cyclops - GGAC: Millia Rage - RPS: Rock - 3S: Ken

Comments

• vkuwabaravkuwabara Joined: Posts: 361
    I like him in K, tried in A but I can't live without run and small jump with him.
    I think Kyo is not that good to be a R2, unless you're using weak characters like Athena and Yuri on your team
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    p and k kyo = only kyos that matter. n kyo is better than c but much harder to play.
  • LionxLionx Do the Stun Super! Joined: Posts: 925
    Well personally i dont find C Kyo easier to play than N Kyo...N Kyo is mostly K Kyo but with RCs and Counter Roll(which sucks...dunno if it should count even..) and no JD/Parry so its harder to get in.

I personally dont see the point in A or C Kyo compared to P or K...its not that they are bad in those grooves its just...i dont see why some people use them over P or K Kyo. And i agree R2 Kyo is kinda bad, he tends to either OCV or get pwned really bad...
    CvS2: (C-Ryu, Terry, Rolento; K- Rolento, Geese, Kyo.) + Sagat/Cammy
    KoFXIII - Andy, Terry, Maxima ; BB: Tao >:3
    My IPlayWinner Article on CvS2: http://tinyurl.com/83dv74g
    High Level CvS2 vlog: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lionx
  • scrubydanscrubydan Moetaro? Joined: Posts: 2,638
    And i agree R2 Kyo is kinda bad, he tends to either OCV or get pwned really bad...

i totally agree, once he plays against some bad matchup ur done for, so definitely R1 for kyo

N for kyo is better than C cuz he has run and low jump, but these grooves don't bring out his best compare to K and P groove
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,713 mod
    kyo has something good to offer in every groove

cgroove
    midscreen shorts into short upkicks into level 2, cancel into dp+rh = hella damage (more than lv3 i think)
    guaranteed dizzy combos in the corner with level 2s
    rc rekkas, rc dp, rc short upkicks
    stored super

agroove
    really buff anti-air cc
    guaranteed dizzy combos in the corner with cc
    guaranteed guard break cc that can't be alpha countered out of, into rh xx upkicks etc
    stored super

pgroove
    parry into really buff no-meter combos
    jump in parry
    low jump
    stored super

sgroove
    dodge into rh -> really buff no-meter combos
    run
    low jump
    has run and low jump, and doesnt get agrooved to death

ngroove
    run
    low jump
    has run and low jump, and doesnt get agrooved to death
    semi-stored super

kgroove
    jump in JD
    raged rh throw / low short mix up
    run
    low jump

r2 agroove and kgroove kyos arent that uncommon either, but it really depends on who your other teammates are
    -Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    guaranteed guard break cc that can't be alpha countered out of, into rh xx upkicks etc

(strong dp)xN, right? i didn't know it couldn't be alpha countered out of, i thought that was only iori's doing jab dp's, but i guess it makes sense now. if only i could do the strong dp's that fast without buffering them, because i always mess them up when i buffer for some reason.

N-kyo is fun too.
  • scrubydanscrubydan Moetaro? Joined: Posts: 2,638
    does this combo work?

cr lk, cr lk, cr mp xx qcf mk, mk, dp mk, lv 3 flame wave, whiffed 3rd rekka

i know cr mp links qcf mk, but not sure if it works too with two cr lks infront
    "how dare these mother fuckers try to be on my level. i will eat your babies!" - ATM SPIDERTAO
  • superminsupermin dream match never ends Joined: Posts: 1,482
    (strong dp)xN, right? i didn't know it couldn't be alpha countered out of, i thought that was only iori's doing jab dp's, but i guess it makes sense now. if only i could do the strong dp's that fast without buffering them, because i always mess them up when i buffer for some reason.

N-kyo is fun too.

i know this sounds stupid but try looking at your hands while youre buffering it. if youre worried about the meter just keep count of how many you can do with a full meter or whatever

bootleg but it works for me if im nervous
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    does this combo work?

cr lk, cr lk, cr mp xx qcf mk, mk, dp mk, lv 3 flame wave, whiffed 3rd rekka

i know cr mp links qcf mk, but not sure if it works too with two cr lks infront

only one c.lk will work.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE