TECH TALK SECRET SANTA 2016

13»

Comments

• TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,657
    I want to see everyone's christmas gifts! Is there anybody who has not yet recieved their gift and/or not showed their gift in the thread yet?
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 967
    I want to see everyone's christmas gifts! Is there anybody who has not yet recieved their gift and/or not showed their gift in the thread yet?

Trapped in the whirlwind that is visiting relatives during the holidays, aka checking on all the MAS sticks I've put into new homes over the year.

Should've just opened my TTSS gift when I received it vs. waiting 'til Christmas! Will post pics when I get back home next week.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,739
    There been One but I am on top of it, and I know the particular situation and its already resolved.
    But with 13 participants I am hoping to get feedback to see if there any issues. As it's kinda hard to keep track.

Some of the Tracking numbers I received didn't work.

Anyone who hasn't gotten anything yet PM me, and I get to the bottom of it.
    If I messaged you about a delay, your case is being handled.

If you your self is the cause of the delay and I didn't speak to you, please PM me ASAP.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • YenjoiYenjoi Joined: Posts: 556
    I have received my gift today. It is pretty sweet. I won't be posting pictures tonight. But, tomorrow early in the morning I will upload and share the pics. :)
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,334
    My gift came in a few days ago but work has been crazy and New Years Party prep took up some of my free time. I have pics all snapped but I want to shoot a short video clip of one of the gifts later today before I post them.
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    @gummo takes Christmas serious. That's what I like to see!
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 2,016
    Gummo wrote: »
    I don't mess around. Maybe a new category for srk tech talk award should be best TTSS gift.

Which you'd be in the running for. Unless another JDM or Dremel pillow makes the rounds...
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,457
    Don't get me excited.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    Alright sorry it took me so long to get this up. Holidays had me away from my computer. So here we go.

SO8qPMb.jpg

This is what received and I could not be happier. Do not know who the secret santa was but, whoever you are thank you so much!!!

so breaking it down

I received a Dark Knight Returns hardbook. I will definitely be reading this at my desk when I return to work tomorrow.

A Cammy pop Figure also will probably go on the desk

K7zbjdC.jpg?1

Next we have something that I believe is a HAPP 360 joystick? It also came with some long stem buttons either being Industrias Lorenzo or Happ as well. I could be wrong on this. I am not too knowledgeable with these types of parts. But, rest assured that they will be used on an arcade stick.

kdfxE5F.jpg

And last but, not least....... we have a Gundam kit that we have to assemble. Oh boy, I definitely did not think that this would be something included. I will have to assemble this at home as it does look a bit big. But, once this bad boy is built it will be going on my desk the next morning.

gGZ2uck.jpg

Once again thank you for the gifts to who my secret santa was. I really enjoyed this, and hope everyone else had a good holiday!

• RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,435
    Yenjoi wrote: »
    Next we have something that I believe is a HAPP 360 joystick? It also came with some long stem buttons either being Industrias Lorenzo or Happ as well. I could be wrong on this. I am not too knowledgeable with these types of parts. But, rest assured that they will be used on an arcade stick.

kdfxE5F.jpg

It's an optical joystick that will fit into any MAS stick. Great if you want an American stick with IL buttons. I've been working on a bunch of these because of a friend of mine who loves MvC2.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,457
    I feel like @FreedomGundam is behind those gifts for some reason.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,345
    @Gummo
    I wish I was; TTSS is always so cool, but I never managed to find an opportunity to join in.
    Major props to @Yenjoi 's Secret Santa; the MG Freedom Gundam 2.0 kit is an awesome one.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    Hopefully next year we can start sooner so we can get more time and more people
    edited January 4

This is what received and I could not be happier. Do not know who the secret santa was but, whoever you are thank you so much!!!

so breaking it down...

...Next we have something that I believe is a HAPP 360 joystick? It also came with some long stem buttons either being Industrias Lorenzo or Happ as well. I could be wrong on this. I am not too knowledgeable with these types of parts. But, rest assured that they will be used on an arcade stick.

http://i.imgur.com/kdfxE5F.jpg

Whenever a new When's Mahvel?!?!?! game is about to come out, the P360's seem to resurface all over the place.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Hopefully next year we can start sooner so we can get more time and more people

Yep, if I could know my TTSS and what they want before black friday ( 11/24/2017 ) next year it would help a lot.
    Respect to @Darksakul for taking over this year.
    edited January 10
    The obvious hints. How could I not see. @FreedomGundam thank you!

Confusion led to this post. But, thank you @STEZO_ONE I definitely enjoyed these gifts.
    Post edited by Yenjoi on
    The Secret Santa Assignments for 2016

0CX6Ze3.png
    Yes this is a screen shot of my spread sheet.
    Good stuff from all. That Happ/iL 360 is quite nice. I refurb'd a SFII Anniversary stick and used one of those. Really want one of my own, but wireless. Pretty sure I can pull it off.
    spenzalii wrote: »
    Good stuff from all. That Happ/iL 360 is quite nice. I refurb'd a SFII Anniversary stick and used one of those. Really want one of my own, but wireless. Pretty sure I can pull it off.

Ayy that new avatar though :)
    The obvious hints. How could I not see. @FreedomGundam thank you!
    Nothing to thank me for as I wasn't part of this year's TTSS; I'm going to defer the thanks directly over to @armi0024 who was your real TTSS. :)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    Those were actually from me. Which is confusing because my super secret Santa gifts were sent really late so he should posted @armi0024 gifts first .
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »
    Those were actually from me. Which is confusing because my super secret Santa gifts were sent really late so he should posted @armi0024 gifts first .
    Whoops. My bad; I didn't see the extra rows in @Darksakul 'st list. Not that @armi0024 deserves any less props for the other goodies, but now @STEZO_ONE gets serious props for picking an awesome kit. :D

Looking for:
    Yeah STEZO_ONE came to me late asking can he send a gift without receiving one in return.
    I didn't mind as he just donating some items to someone, so I made the whole thing random.

So I look at the other 12 people and rolled a d12, got a 4 so the Bonus Round went to Yenjoi.
    Yeah STEZO_ONE came to me late asking can he send a gift without receiving one in return.
    I didn't mind as he just donating some items to someone, so I made the whole thing random.

So I look at the other 12 people and rolled a d12, got a 4 so the Bonus Round went to Yenjoi.

That's awesome. I was wondering what the whole extra secret santa thing was about. When I initially opened your package, I thought I was the bonus secret santa since I first saw an SNES. haha

That's awesome. I was wondering what the whole extra secret santa thing was about. When I initially opened your package, I thought I was the bonus secret santa since I first saw an SNES. haha
    No, the SNES was legit and nothing Bonus or anything. I saw something stick related, and rather than send off spare parts I figured I plant the seeds to a possible new stick build in the form of a SNES.

Oh if you want I got a extra SNES NTSC scart cable.
    The NTSC consoles require the Scart cable to be wired a little bit different, 220u Caps on each of the Red, Blue and Green Lines instead of 75 ohm resistors.

Oh the last part of Feargus' gift came in

xqVjTzS.jpg

Holy shit, a brand new v2.5 Turbo Everdrive for the Turbo Grafix 16 and PC Engine
    And it has a plexy cover and label.

This couldn't be cheap. Thank You
    Yer welcome, but it wasn't really that bad.

krikzz.com had a black friday sale, 20% off on everything, I cleaned 'em out!

Ayy that new avatar though :)

Gotta change up the Rowlf avi every year. This one is going to be hella tough to beat though
    Gotta change up the Rowlf avi every year. This one is going to be hella tough to beat though

Shin Rowlf or Violent Rowlf next year?
    edited January 7

ccb3f3c3eb039f180665970838ed46c4.jpg

[img][/img]
    I actually planned to buy this, but it was incrediably hard to find online and the only one I found was a used poster for like $90+

ccb3f3c3eb039f180665970838ed46c4.jpg

We will have to see. The bar keeps getting raised over the years
    edited January 10
    Whoa, did not expect to receive another one. Definitely was not expecting that. I received another package today. I will actually update this post when I get home and open it up later in the evening.
    Whoa, did not expect to receive another one. Definitely was not expecting that. I received another package today. I will actually update this post when I get home and open it up later in the evening.

Look at the assignment list, you were just happen to be the winner of the Bonus Round Super Secret Santa.

Yeah, I saw the list just earlier today. School has left me out of the loop about this bonus gift until now. I understand what happened kind of got thrown off due to the timing of the packages.

So I got home not that long ago due to night classes. Here is what I managed to open up from my secret Santa in this case @armi0024

yYtHNwm.jpg

Here is the breakdown
    - 8 OBS-MX buttons (red and blue)
    - 1 Red Mesh balltop
    - A marvel themed Flip Calendar
    - A xbox controller themed Christmas ornament
    - A Bandia Samurai Spiderman Figure
    - 1 Spider-Man Lego keychain and 1 Spider-Man pin
    -
    f1hjyvO.jpg

t2gXI2m.jpg

0oGEqrE.jpg

mQddco9.jpg
    Post edited by Yenjoi on

Look at the assignment list, you were just happen to be the winner of the Bonus Round Super Secret Santa.
    Finally! Home at last!

I received an embarrasment of riches from my TTSS! THANK YOU @RoyalFlushTZ so very very very generous of you!

Had I only known these were the goodies I was getting, I would've opened them the day they arrived, which P.S. was very early, so double kudos for that.

The Haul:

A pair of BRAND NEW LS-32-02's & a bonus pair of BIG DICK G LS-32's:
    IMG_20170109_234236.jpg
    IMG_20170109_234155.jpg

An awesome looking Contra/Metal Slug style game, Gunners Heaven.
    IMG_20170109_234547.jpg

And yes I have a Japanese Playstation SCPH-1001.

YouTube Preview:

Some Cool Tchotchkes, 'cuz this dude just keeps giving:
    I was able to ID most of these, but correct me if I'm wrong:
    • Goemon from Lupin the 3rd ( in the pic above )
    • Brook Decals ( in the pic above )
    • Pepsi cap Gundam RX 79[G]
    • Star Trek Beyond pins
    • err... gonna need some help ID'ing Dogbert's new lady friend
    IMG_20170109_234301.jpg

And lastly 'ol Dogbert in all his majesty:
    img105.jpg

I just wanna say thank you again @RoyalFlushTZ , I truly did hit the jackpot, having you as my Tech Talk Secret Santa!
    rcaido wrote: »
    Wow so many awesome gifts!

Yenjoi you got the best gifts, you must have been a beautiful virgin that sacrifice everything in a previous life. Now you're getting pounded w/karma! That Happ360 is a dope gift! Along w/ Gundam, Batman comic, & Spiderman Samurai.

These all sound lik sex moves anyway ( He ain't a virgin no more! ):
    • The Dark Knight Returns Hardbook
    • Cammy Pop!
    • Perfect 360
    • Master Grade Gundam
    • Samurai Spiderman
  • RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,435
    @Feargus001100

I was worried they didn't arrive directly to you (even though I did have tracking). Please give those Seimitsus a brand new home. Please tell us how the game is. I was also concerned that you might not be able to play it as it is an import. Enjoy!
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids
    @Yenjoi funny thing is that the buttons I sent you were developed by @armi0024 . They didn't have translucent il convex buttons before he ordered them. Not sure if they were limited but definitely wouldn't exist if it wasn't for his work. Enjoy my friend.
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've just now seen this ... and I've been a member of SRK since well ... the beginning. I may have to sign up for next year's TTSS by the looks of things (hopefully my wife won't body me too bad to join up).
13»