TECH TALK SECRET SANTA 2016

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,386
    jdm714 wrote: »
    Some nerd trivia card game?
    And I think 7-Eleven Shaft Covers.

Oh the old 7-Eleven Shaft covers were awesome.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,646
    oh damn, forgot, 7-eleven? lol
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,514
    I just received my ss gift today!
    lJrTkP1.jpg

Nice work on the pop out card. They are the best.

Blokus is a fun game. My brother owns it and now I do. He's a lot better than me, but now I can practice!

Srirach2go. Can't leave home without it!

Legos are always welcome in my home. I'll have to bring home my Lego collection from my mother's house when my son gets older and can start playing with them.

I love the screw driver so much. You have no idea how useful this is to me. It has 6 retractable bits (2 flat, 2 phillips, 1 star, and 1 square). I frequently need to switch between phillips and flathead so this is convenient. I will NEVER let anyone borrow this tool when I'm at a tournament. They can use my other screwdrivers.

I'm excited to try out a cordless dremel. I know it could never replace my 4000, but the idea of dremeling where ever I want sounds too good to pass up. I'll need to buy a second battery so nothing slows me down while waiting for the recharge.

BEER! YES! Holy cow this one looks like it's going to be tastey. Ale with cocoa nibs and holiday spices! Plus puns! I feel like they are missing out on making a stout version and call it Yule Shoot Your Eye Stout.

Thank you Santa Nendo!

*The return address looked familiar since I've delivered to that address before.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    Gummo wrote: »
    I just received my ss gift today!
    http://i.imgur.com/lJrTkP1.jpg

Nice work on the pop out card. They are the best.

Blokus is a fun game. My brother owns it and now I do. He's a lot better than me, but now I can practice!

Srirach2go. Can't leave home without it!

Legos are always welcome in my home. I'll have to bring home my Lego collection from my mother's house when my son gets older and can start playing with them.

I love the screw driver so much. You have no idea how useful this is to me. It has 6 retractable bits (2 flat, 2 phillips, 1 star, and 1 square). I frequently need to switch between phillips and flathead so this is convenient. I will NEVER let anyone borrow this tool when I'm at a tournament. They can use my other screwdrivers.

I'm excited to try out a cordless dremel. I know it could never replace my 4000, but the idea of dremeling where ever I want sounds too good to pass up. I'll need to buy a second battery so nothing slows me down while waiting for the recharge.

BEER! YES! Holy cow this one looks like it's going to be tastey. Ale with cocoa nibs and holiday spices! Plus puns! I feel like they are missing out on making a stout version and call it Yule Shoot Your Eye Stout.

Thank you Santa Nendo!

*The return address looked familiar since I've delivered to that address before.

You caught me, you crafty devil. I hope you like the beer. It's a local brew from Karbach who just sold out to Busch. That means you will likely be able to get it in your area in the near future. That screwdriver has been really handy for me too. It's what I bring to my local weekly along with a set of allen wrenches jic anyone needs quick repairs. About the cordless Dremel....I found out before shipping it that the battery seems to have crapped out. There is also some corrosion one one of the contacts that will need to be cleaned. I'm looking for a battery for it and will send it as soon as I find one. Merry Xmas, Gummo. Thanks for all of the work you've done in the community and for me personally. Glad that I can bounce ideas off of you and get some troubleshooting help when I'm stumped on something. I really appreciate it.

Nendo
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,669
    spenzalii wrote: »
    And one of the coolest thing I received this year:

Shin Rowlf

I'm framing this. I may send it to Art to have this etched onto a panel. Mr. Hombre, thank you sir

Thank you for the kind words. I wish I didn't procastinate on drawing it, otherwise I would have redone if and fully replaced Akuma's head with a circular cute looking Rowlf head (kinda like one punch man style http://i.imgur.com/ZlPpDck.jpg ). I tried to combine the two and wasn't completely happy with the result but I still think it came out cool!

This is my gift from Darksakul
    hbl6Toj.jpg
    DcR66Ym.jpg

The SNES was a COMPLETE shock! I've always wanted one and when I saw it I had such a huge nostalgia moment thinking about myself and my cousins playing on one as kids. I can't wait to try out Street Fighter on it with the SNES pad - it'll feel so cool I think seeing how the transition was made from arcade to retro console.

I haven't been home much since I've been busy with work and some projects I've been working on. So I haven't given this great gift justice yet! I've yet to boot up the SNES or eat the cookies! But I'll be back in my house for the week on Monday so I'll get to it then! I also can't wait to use that Sakura keychain and read the comic book. Thank you so much Darksakul - I love the gift. You went above and beyond on it.
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 2,017
    edited December 2016
    So many memories playing the SNES version of SFII. You'll like it. Looks like the Super Famicon version too, if my eyes don't mistake me...

As for the pic, if you ever feel like redoing it, feel free. I'm good with 2 pictures (but I'm good with this one)
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
    edited December 2016
    Yup its the Japanese version of the game in an American SNES. Which means that Darksakul snipped the lil plastic bit in the cartridge slot that prevents the cart from fitting into the slot. He region unlocked it!
    edited December 2016
    Yup its the Japanese version of the game in an American SNES. Which means that Darksakul snipped the lil plastic bit in the cartridge slot that prevents the cart from fitting into the slot. He region unlocked it!

Yep, All SNES and N64 Consoles that comes by me usually get the same treatment.

The Rear power jack also been replace since they come loose too often (and that particular SNES had a broken power jack). Hence the custom AC adapter.
    In retrospect I should have rewired the SNES to take a standard AC/DC adapter instead of rewiring the adapter for the repaired SNES.

The cookies (I know spenzalii recognize them) are a local to Maryland.
    The Fudge frosting is very thick, so I am not sure if you would like them or not. They can be hit or miss for some people.
    But there not seen much outside the area so I figured I would send them out.

Also when you get the chance, try the Old Bay seasoning. It's awesome on fries, in tuna salad, seafood, ect.

Also since spenzalii loved the Drawing, I think its safe to say the spenzalii challenge has been completed for this year.

In other news.
    Those who have shipping delays, if you contacted me you are fine. You know who you are and you are OK-ed.

Those who have not shipped yet and did not contact me about it need to do so ASAP and send me a email, PM or other message with a tracking number, please.
    Is Old Bay sold across the USA or is it a regional MDV thing? I'm used to seeing it around.
    Is Old Bay sold across the USA or is it a regional MDV thing? I'm used to seeing it around.

I think its a more of a regional thing, but it can be found more and more outside the area as time goes by.
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Berger cookies are hella broken, they are waaay too OP, but in all honesty I hope they never get nerf'ed ( I hope you're listening ComboFiend! )

I got some from my 2015 TTSS @everythingWasBees and now shil Berger cookies 24 7 365.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    Old Bay is kinda regional. The further west you go the harder it is to find, if it's available at all. A lot like Utz potato chips. Regardless, Old Bay is awesome. Obviously it's great on seafood, but it works surprisingly well on chicken wings as well
    Old Bay is kinda regional. The further west you go the harder it is to find, if it's available at all. A lot like Utz potato chips. Regardless, Old Bay is awesome. Obviously it's great on seafood, but it works surprisingly well on chicken wings as well

Hell yeah, Old Bay Chicken Wings is the bomb.
  • 2old4this2old4this Joined: Posts: 72
    Our local Winco foods sells Old Bay in Norcal/Sacramento. I messed up and opened up the bag :(
    I hope to participate next year!
    2old4this wrote: »
    Our local Winco foods sells Old Bay in Norcal/Sacramento. I messed up and opened up the bag :(
    I hope to participate next year!

How much, and what sized Tin?
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 469
    Nice

Was in walmart a moment ago and they had small tins, im in MA!
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • dela04dela04 Joined: Posts: 27
    Merry Christmas Santas. Thanks again for letting me take part.
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    Merry Christmas tech talkers. Out of all the forums I think this has the most interesting secret Santa. Couldn't join this year due to life and all its random problems but I will definitely be back with a vengeance next year!
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,669
    I want to see everyone's christmas gifts! Is there anybody who has not yet recieved their gift and/or not showed their gift in the thread yet?
    I want to see everyone's christmas gifts! Is there anybody who has not yet recieved their gift and/or not showed their gift in the thread yet?

Trapped in the whirlwind that is visiting relatives during the holidays, aka checking on all the MAS sticks I've put into new homes over the year.

Should've just opened my TTSS gift when I received it vs. waiting 'til Christmas! Will post pics when I get back home next week.
    There been One but I am on top of it, and I know the particular situation and its already resolved.
    But with 13 participants I am hoping to get feedback to see if there any issues. As it's kinda hard to keep track.

Some of the Tracking numbers I received didn't work.

Anyone who hasn't gotten anything yet PM me, and I get to the bottom of it.
    If I messaged you about a delay, your case is being handled.

If you your self is the cause of the delay and I didn't speak to you, please PM me ASAP.
  • YenjoiYenjoi Joined: Posts: 556
    I have received my gift today. It is pretty sweet. I won't be posting pictures tonight. But, tomorrow early in the morning I will upload and share the pics. :)
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,346
    My gift came in a few days ago but work has been crazy and New Years Party prep took up some of my free time. I have pics all snapped but I want to shoot a short video clip of one of the gifts later today before I post them.
    @gummo takes Christmas serious. That's what I like to see!
    I don't mess around. Maybe a new category for srk tech talk award should be best TTSS gift.

Which you'd be in the running for. Unless another JDM or Dremel pillow makes the rounds...
    Don't get me excited.
  • YenjoiYenjoi Joined: Posts: 556
    Alright sorry it took me so long to get this up. Holidays had me away from my computer. So here we go.

SO8qPMb.jpg

This is what received and I could not be happier. Do not know who the secret santa was but, whoever you are thank you so much!!!

so breaking it down

I received a Dark Knight Returns hardbook. I will definitely be reading this at my desk when I return to work tomorrow.

A Cammy pop Figure also will probably go on the desk

K7zbjdC.jpg?1

Next we have something that I believe is a HAPP 360 joystick? It also came with some long stem buttons either being Industrias Lorenzo or Happ as well. I could be wrong on this. I am not too knowledgeable with these types of parts. But, rest assured that they will be used on an arcade stick.

kdfxE5F.jpg

And last but, not least....... we have a Gundam kit that we have to assemble. Oh boy, I definitely did not think that this would be something included. I will have to assemble this at home as it does look a bit big. But, once this bad boy is built it will be going on my desk the next morning.

gGZ2uck.jpg

Once again thank you for the gifts to who my secret santa was. I really enjoyed this, and hope everyone else had a good holiday!

• RoyalFlushTZRoyalFlushTZ *Not a Ryu cosplayer! Joined: Posts: 1,455
    Yenjoi wrote: »
    Next we have something that I believe is a HAPP 360 joystick? It also came with some long stem buttons either being Industrias Lorenzo or Happ as well. I could be wrong on this. I am not too knowledgeable with these types of parts. But, rest assured that they will be used on an arcade stick.

kdfxE5F.jpg

It's an optical joystick that will fit into any MAS stick. Great if you want an American stick with IL buttons. I've been working on a bunch of these because of a friend of mine who loves MvC2.
    Thor/M.O.D.O.K/Viewtiful Joe
    Long live the Mighty THODOK! I do stick mods, too!
    youtube.com/RoyalFlush for TvC:UAS and T5DR vids
    I feel like @FreedomGundam is behind those gifts for some reason.
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,500
    @Gummo
    I wish I was; TTSS is always so cool, but I never managed to find an opportunity to join in.
    Major props to @Yenjoi 's Secret Santa; the MG Freedom Gundam 2.0 kit is an awesome one.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    Hopefully next year we can start sooner so we can get more time and more people
    edited January 4
    Yenjoi wrote: »

This is what received and I could not be happier. Do not know who the secret santa was but, whoever you are thank you so much!!!

so breaking it down...

...Next we have something that I believe is a HAPP 360 joystick? It also came with some long stem buttons either being Industrias Lorenzo or Happ as well. I could be wrong on this. I am not too knowledgeable with these types of parts. But, rest assured that they will be used on an arcade stick.

http://i.imgur.com/kdfxE5F.jpg

Whenever a new When's Mahvel?!?!?! game is about to come out, the P360's seem to resurface all over the place.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Hopefully next year we can start sooner so we can get more time and more people

Yep, if I could know my TTSS and what they want before black friday ( 11/24/2017 ) next year it would help a lot.
    Respect to @Darksakul for taking over this year.