Brook PS4+ Audio Fighting Board Thread

Comments

• StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Not too tech savy, but can you use those aux to female usb converters to connect a wireless usb headset?

micro usb port on the break out is for the connection to the console only.

I meant through the audio jack using something like this.
    51w7LcPSa3L._SX425_.jpg

I would then connect the usb dongle into it for my wireless headset.

If your headset is BT. You could always use a 3.5mm to BT adapter. They require recharging though.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,013
    edited February 22
    I remember iPod Shuffles data synced over 3.5mm jacks. Heck, I just programmed my son's stuffed toy over it last week. Funny though, as 99.9% of people on Earth think of this jack as audio-only. :smile:
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jopamo wrote: »
    I remember iPod Shuffles data synced over 3.5mm jacks. Heck, I just programmed my son's stuffed toy over it last week. Funny though, as 99.9% of people on Earth think of this jack as audio-only. :smile:

Got the same puppy for my 1.5y/of son, he pressed the feet a few times and it's sat underneath the bed since then lol. But thanks for the tip he may pay it some mind longer then 2min if I do that. Now boxes, cardboard boxes they like.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,013
    Program his name, as well as his favorite food, color and animal and he might use it more :wink:
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 540
    pre-order is up on ArcadeShock!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Boulton123Boulton123 Joined: Posts: 3
    @jonyfraze Have you tried the analog stick control out on the board? I know analog sticks aren't the thing for fighting games but this board is great for us Project Diva players looking for an analog board
  • TomtortoiseTomtortoise Joined: Posts: 13
    Anyone have any information on how the touch input/analog input works? I have not seen any real documentation or use of that yet.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,040
    Anyone have any information on how the touch input/analog input works? I have not seen any real documentation or use of that yet.

@Tomtortoise
    Look this pic
    https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server500/d90a4/products/1543/images/9345/ps4-fighting-board-inst-p3__24838.1487738736.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    So it is still only going to work with the little Brook touch pad? Is a larger touch pad going to be available at some point? Either that or a breakout board for custom touch pad sliders?
    So it is still only going to work with the little Brook touch pad? Is a larger touch pad going to be available at some point? Either that or a breakout board for custom touch pad sliders?

@Tomtortoise
    It's only working with Brook touch pad.
    @GOGO.Zippy

Hmm, so then I am guessing it is only compatible with the ZET6221 series touch IC's then? I am looking to make a full size touch slider for Project Diva Future Tone which I will probably end up using the ZET6221WPA.
    @GOGO.Zippy

Hmm, so then I am guessing it is only compatible with the ZET6221 series touch IC's then? I am looking to make a full size touch slider for Project Diva Future Tone which I will probably end up using the ZET6221WPA.

@Tomtortoise
    That's right..Brook used ZET6221/QFN-40 to design our touch pad .
  • zerofxizerofxi thug probe! Joined: Posts: 531
    edited March 4
    i love that you made a breakout neutrik for the usb and 3.5mm jack.

however i am not thrilled it is a mini usb on it. any way brook can make a breakout that has only the 3.5mm jack on it? i would rather use a regular usb neutrik on my case and put a separate 3.5mm jack neutrik on the front panel.

if brook won't make a 3.5mm jack neutrik, does it exist? i can't find one for the life of me.
    zerofxi wrote: »
    i love that you made a breakout neutrik for the usb and 3.5mm jack.

however i am not thrilled it is a mini usb on it. any way brook can make a breakout that has only the 3.5mm jack on it? i would rather use a regular usb neutrik on my case and put a separate 3.5mm jack neutrik on the front panel.

if brook won't make a 3.5mm jack neutrik, does it exist? i can't find one for the life of me.
    @zerofxi
    Please look at this pic..
    You can choice anyone usb to connect with console.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dkxjdmxYUW5kTDQ/view?usp=drivesdk
    That's not what I meant.

I am aware that I can have another way to connect the USB. So I wish I can have a neutrik usb in the back and your breakout in the front.

Is there consideration to have a 3.5mm jack only breakout? Or maybe just a plate cover switch where it only has an opening for 3.5mm jack and no micro usb.
    That's not what I meant.

I am aware that I can have another way to connect the USB. So I wish I can have a neutrik usb in the back and your breakout in the front.

Is there consideration to have a 3.5mm jack only breakout? Or maybe just a plate cover switch where it only has an opening for 3.5mm jack and no micro usb.

@zerofxi

1. use a cable to connect between J1/Micro usb and neutrik usb
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xxppvd7h24QVAwdlVxWHRaUmM
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dkxjdmxYUW5kTDQ/view?usp=drivesdk

2. remove J1-1 to disable Micro usb in the breakout board.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xxppvd7h24S1hJdmo0Y0RQbVU
    edited March 7
    Really appreciate your responses. I am not being clear in my questions.

What I am asking is purely cosmetic because I don't want to have the micro usb port on the breakout plate. I was wondering if you have plans to release a swappable plate that only shows the 3.5mm jack opening and no micro usb port.
    Really appreciate your responses. I am not being clear in my questions.

What I am asking is purely cosmetic because I don't want to have the micro usb port on the breakout plate. I was wondering if you have plans to release a swappable plate that only shows the 3.5mm jack opening and no micro usb port.

@zerofxi
    1. To Remove 4pin from J1-1 in PS4+ Audio FB so that Micro usb will no function in the breakout board.
    2. Need a cable to link J1/Micro USB and Neutrik USB

See this pic
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xxppvd7h24SVM3alRnR09XZU0
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Hey @jonyfraze can you see if those new aux audio panels fit over a neutrik gaskets for more sexy?

NEUTRIK_SCDP_BLUE__22221.1437150807.1280.1280.jpg
    +
    16934239_1451983128147400_466684925_n_large.jpg
    =
    More Sexy?
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 147
    Is it possible to have the J11-1 pinout? I couldn't find it on the brook's website.
    I suppose this is a TRRS 3.5 jack, so something like mic, left, return left, right, return right and ground?
    edited March 8
    Is it possible to have the J11-1 pinout? I couldn't find it on the brook's website.
    I suppose this is a TRRS 3.5 jack, so something like mic, left, return left, right, return right and ground?

@The_Real_Phoenix
    Look this link, we printed all pinout function on user manual.
    Brook website is coming soon..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dDNnLTJ5TFp0Uk0/view?usp=sharing
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@The_Real_Phoenix
    Look this link, we printed all pinout function on user manual.
    Brook website is coming soon..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dDNnLTJ5TFp0Uk0/view?usp=sharing
    Thanks!
    @GOGO.Zippy

I meant, would you consider selling a plate without the micro usb as seen below? Even if it is just the plate.

Is the plate portion removable to make a custom one?

Thanks for all the responses!

• KempoKempo Joined: Posts: 62
    I think you want a panel mount 3.5mm socket.
    No sorry - if there is ever a need for
    Hey @jonyfraze can you see if those new aux audio panels fit over a neutrik gaskets for more sexy?

NEUTRIK_SCDP_BLUE__22221.1437150807.1280.1280.jpg
    +
    =
    More Sexy?

Just tried it on mine. Fits snug!
    www.jonyfraze.com

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989

Snug works for me!
    that's what she said...
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • mrhappydudemrhappydude Joined: Posts: 36
    Found this trackpad today and I am going to try it out; if it works with this board then it is going in my arcade cab...

cirque.com/glidepoint-circle-trackpads
    cirque.com/steamvrkit

$25.00 US
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 63
    @GOGO.Zippy I seem to be disconnecting randomly after a few minutes of play
    edited April 28
    ThrowYou wrote: »
    @GOGO.Zippy I seem to be disconnecting randomly after a few minutes of play

@ThrowYou
    Sorry..
    We have three days vacation in Taiwan.
    Release to fix next week..
  • ThrowYouThrowYou Joined: Posts: 63
    edited April 29
    Thanks @GOGO.Zippy ! Enjoy vacation
    Post edited by ThrowYou on
    Hi All Players
    Brook PS4+ Audio is on board, please download to fix on V4.55

Add new function .. Use combo keys to emulate LS/DP/RS mode

http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/
    @GOGO.Zippy can you tell me how to match up these pinouts....please and thanks.

TM040040_GlidePoint-Gaming_Pinn-SPII2C_DocVer1-0_PRELIM

Touchpad Pinouts

Brook Pinouts
    @GOGO.Zippy can you tell me how to match up these pinouts....please and thanks.

TM040040_GlidePoint-Gaming_Pinn-SPII2C_DocVer1-0_PRELIM

Touchpad Pinouts

Brook Pinouts

@mrhappydude
    Sorry..
    Only work with our Touchpad
    edited May 4
    @GOGO.Zippy I would use your touchpad but I cannot find a cover for it, on ebay they sell only the board. Suggestions ? Previous post you said it was ok? So not even the ps4 touchpad would work ? I would be ok to give up a couple controllers.

It is too bad, I really like the round touch pad and it has button press as well so kills 2 birds with one stone.
  • KaoculusKaoculus Joined: Posts: 36
    Hello, I have a couple of questions about this board and was wondering if someone could help me with them:

1) Planning on buying this board, but am not a big fan of the micro USB jack. I was thinking of using the cable that comes with it for the breakout board, but cutting off the end that goes to J1 and covering up the breakout board with some kind of 3d printed cover. Then, I want to solder on some kind of usb plug for use with my Neutrik pass through. Is this possible?

2) Why does this board say SOCD cleaner support, while the universal fighting board say SOCD cleaner built in? What's the difference?

3) Why would I buy the universal fighting board over this one?
    Kaoculus wrote: »
    Hello, I have a couple of questions about this board and was wondering if someone could help me with them:

1) Planning on buying this board, but am not a big fan of the micro USB jack. I was thinking of using the cable that comes with it for the breakout board, but cutting off the end that goes to J1 and covering up the breakout board with some kind of 3d printed cover. Then, I want to solder on some kind of usb plug for use with my Neutrik pass through. Is this possible?

2) Why does this board say SOCD cleaner support, while the universal fighting board say SOCD cleaner built in? What's the difference?

3) Why would I buy the universal fighting board over this one?

@Kaoculus
    Follow below picture to connect with Neutrik USB
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24SVM3alRnR09XZU0/view?usp=drivesdk

2. All of UFB, PS4 FB and PS4+ Audio support two modes SOCD outputting

Look Unboxing review
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,728
    Ok I have a question again. The audio is just plug and play right? You don't have to go to the ps4's settings or anything do you?
    Ok I have a question again. The audio is just plug and play right? You don't have to go to the ps4's settings or anything do you?

@Shinkuu Tatsumaki
    Must to setup in system page ..
    When audio is outputting to Fighting Board, the HDMI won't any sounds.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,728
    Ah ok, so this is not practical for playing at locals/tournaments then.
    @GOGO.Zippy Can you tell me what type of Rocker Switch I can use for the LS/DP/RS switch?

A dpdt? rocker switch round 6pin, 3pin ?

B1035719581.jpg

Also can I use the switch and the analog thumb sticks together. For example if I set the main controller to LS and can I use the RS thumb stick still or does the jumper have to be on DP ?

Really appreciate feedback. Thanks.
    @GOGO.Zippy Can you tell me what type of Rocker Switch I can use for the LS/DP/RS switch?

B1035719581.jpg

Also can I use the switch and the analog thumb sticks together. For example if I set the main controller to LS and can I use the RS thumb stick still or does the jumper have to be on DP ?

A SP3T should do it.
    I've used those slides one on my PCB https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/c-k/OS103011MS8QP1/CKN9543-ND/1981414

edited May 11
    @The_Real_Phoenix thanks for the link. I was really hoping there was a button like switch I could use as I hate the slider switch, it looks terrible. I don't have my boards yet, or the brook touchpads I had to order so can't test anything...

And is that on-on-on or on-off-on ?
    @The_Real_Phoenix thanks for the link. I was really hoping there was a button like switch I could use as I hate the slider switch, it looks terrible. I don't have my boards yet, or the brook touchpads I had to order so can't test anything...

And is that on-on-on or on-off-on ?

It's an on-on-on. Is used those one to fit into madcatz TE/SE front panel.

IIRC the two pins in the middle of the LS/DP/RS connectors are both ground signal.
    So If the PS4+ is working like the UFB, rocket switch on-off-on should work since the board is checking if LS or RS signal is grounded. If not then it's DP.

B1035719581.jpg

@mrhappydude
    Not Yet. Analog Stick and Switch can't work together.

When Analog Stick function is enable, the joystick will output in DP mode as a controller .
    @GOGO.Zippy is this a feature you will enable at a later date ? It would be a very nice feature.
    @The_Real_Phoenix that is perfect if it works like that.
  • JartskiJartski Joined: Posts: 2
    Is it possible to use the connector and cable already in my TE2+ with this board? Any tutorials or other resources for that?
    the PS4+ Audio seems ok after the 4.70 update and testing. I dont think were gonna need a patch this round! (also tested the p3/p4 board and the UFB - all working as well).
    www.jonyfraze.com

the PS4+ Audio seems ok after the 4.70 update and testing. I dont think were gonna need a patch this round! (also tested the p3/p4 board and the UFB - all working as well).

@jonyfraze
    Thanks to answer
    Never update any patch file.