Brook PS4+ Audio Fighting Board Thread

124»

Comments

• ragingcyclonusragingcyclonus Joined: Posts: 33
    Can both USB be connected at the same time? 1 via the Header and the on board USB?
    Madcatz TES+ (Brook PS4+audio)
    SFV/ST: Ryu
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,608
    edited August 25
    So is Rev 2 ez mod compatible without any de/soldering?
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 552
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    So is Rev 2 ez mod compatible without any de/soldering?

should be i think the only thing that might be off would be the Touch Pad section
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
    Can both USB be connected at the same time? 1 via the Header and the on board USB?

if you mean plugged into the console at the same time, then no.
    www.jonyfraze.com

@The_Real_Phoenix i dont know the exact pitch of the connectors but it is exactly the same as the UFB. Also keep in mind that i have a prototype so i cant really say for sure at the moment. Maybe @GOGO.Zippy can answer with more detail.
    www.jonyfraze.com

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 1,268
    edited August 25

Why would you even want to do that? What's the use case?

• GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 1,091
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Guys... First look of the Rev 2 board with revised USB Type B connections + same pinout and connector layout as the UFB. Release date TBA.

Ha nice. The USB-B made its come-back. JST-PH are also comming back.

Is the LS/DP/RS connector still a 2.54mm one?
    Also, is the pinout of the audio connector still the same?

@The_Real_Phoenix
    1. The LS/DP/RS is still used 2.54mm and the same with the previous version and UFB.
    2. The pinout of audio is still the same with the previous
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    Will the new breakout board (with the USB-B port) be available for separate purchase?
    LaMaquina wrote: »
    Will the new breakout board (with the USB-B port) be available for separate purchase?

@LaMaquina
    Not.
  • ragingcyclonusragingcyclonus Joined: Posts: 33
    jopamo wrote: »

Only an enquiry. I plan to mount mine in the front for easier reach for head phone jack. Possibly recharge my only while playing. Charge another controller?
    Madcatz TES+ (Brook PS4+audio)
    SFV/ST: Ryu
  • mrhappydudemrhappydude Joined: Posts: 42
    edited August 31
    -
    Post edited by mrhappydude on
  • madmalkavmadmalkav Joined: Posts: 57
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »
    LaMaquina wrote: »

@LaMaquina
    Not.

Please reconsider this.
  • Flying PhoenixFlying Phoenix n00bity n00bity n00b n00b Joined: Posts: 54
    So I am installing my Brook PCB v 2017. However, I am concerned about the "home button".

http://i.imgur.com/Wwegf9e.jpg

I assumed that I would just be able to plug it (as it did to the left) and the home button and not would work fine, but that isn't the case. None of the buttons register. There seems to be a separate harness for the home button that connects to a specific button but the home button area has it's own harness.

Am I going to lose home button functionality or is there some type of connector I can use?
    Hi All
    Brook converter and Fighting board are working well on system V4.74 of #PS4

Without updated file
    For all the electronics sages here, specially @The_Real_Phoenix since he alrady worked with this:

what is the proper type of headphone jack to buy if I don't want to use the breakout that came with the board? There is a pin marked HP_DET and I'm assuming that DET means detection, so I suppose I need a jack that have support for that function but I can't find anything, probably not using the correct search terms.
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 201
    edited September 22
    madmalkav wrote: »
    For all the electronics sages here, specially @The_Real_Phoenix since he alrady worked with this:

what is the proper type of headphone jack to buy if I don't want to use the breakout that came with the board? There is a pin marked HP_DET and I'm assuming that DET means detection, so I suppose I need a jack that have support for that function but I can't find anything, probably not using the correct search terms.

You need a TRRS jack with an internal pass-through on the ground signal (second ring).
    Thanks man.
  • linkreincarnatelinkreincarnate Joined: Posts: 12

To hook it up to a raspberry pi and a ps4 at the same time to have the raspberry pi control leds and play back macros. (At least it would be nice if I could do it that way.)

In any case can someone tell me where to find a working switch for the stick mode selection section (J12)? Something small and preferably on amazon.

To hook it up to a raspberry pi and a ps4 at the same time to have the raspberry pi control leds and play back macros. (At least it would be nice if I could do it that way.)

In any case can someone tell me where to find a working switch for the stick mode selection section (J12)? Something small and preferably on amazon.

Part
    Since Brook was unwilling to make my requested changes to allow switching of joysticks I have found a solution with the Help of Ultimarc which is the Ultrastik 360. The owner is providing me with a custom firmware to enable analog output from joystick so basically same thing as an analog thumbstick. So now I can play all games not just fighting games !!! and I have a dpad solution as well that I will post at a later date.
  • asiangrafxasiangrafx Joined: Posts: 200
    Since Brook was unwilling to make my requested changes to allow switching of joysticks I have found a solution with the Help of Ultimarc which is the Ultrastik 360. The owner is providing me with a custom firmware to enable analog output from joystick so basically same thing as an analog thumbstick. So now I can play all games not just fighting games !!! and I have a dpad solution as well that I will post at a later date.

Not sure what you mean but you can swith from dpad to right stick or left stick
  • unpurposedunpurposed Joined: Posts: 5
    Is the following possible?

1. Connect the included breakout board to the USB pins only. The pins for the audio jack are not connected from the included breakout board.
    2. Connect a separate audio breakout to the audio pins.

I'm using this board , but when I do the above, it registers as headphones being connected when they are not connected - and not connected when they are connected. Using the included breakout board works, but I would like to use the separate audio board, as I would like to place the USB connection and the audio jack in different places.

edited October 3
    Happy Moon Festival to All
    Brook fighting board and converters are working well w/o updated file in the system V5.00 of PS4.
    asiangrafx wrote: »

Or use combo button to select as emulate function

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/09922855/
    asiangrafx wrote: »

I cannot have joystick and 2 analog sticks working the way I want.
    If you look back at my posts you will see.
    edited October 4

@GOGO.Zippy any luck with implementing this feature?
    I have been communicating with Victor in support and he said it worked but I tried it today and your statement above still holds true.

my suggestions are

Option #1 - Replace Mode

If JP14 is removed and LS (JP12) is selected then Joystick is LS and LS Thumbstick is disabled.
    If JP14 is removed and RS (JP12) is selected then Joystick is RS and RS Thumbstick is disabled.
    If JP14 is removed and DP (JP12) is selected then Joystick is DP and LS, RS Thumbsticks are enabled.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmYEnaHDgSLtgZ0ciLtJag3Sy8Y4QQ

Option #2 - Switch Mode
    If JP14 is removed and LS (JP12) is selected then Joystick is LS and LS Thumbstick is DP.
    If JP14 is removed and RS (JP12) is selected then Joystick is RS and RS Thumbstick is DP.
    If JP14 is removed and DP (JP12) is selected then Joystick is DP and LS, RS Thumbsticks are LS, RS (Default).

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmYEnaHDgSLtgZ0bjsalf-c3ruXqDQ
  • CuraeLCuraeL Cherry Blossom Blizzard Joined: Posts: 105
    Hi guys, I need some clarification on the LS,RS,DP hardware switch. How come the DP has two pins assigned on the board and on the switch? I mean.. Just.. Why does that one need two and the other two only need 1? Can anyone break it down for me?

Appreciate it. :)
    I've made my fair share of free artwork - you want, you pay.
    Nothing in this world is free.

SChHzIg.png
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 201
    edited October 19
    CuraeL wrote: »
    Hi guys, I need some clarification on the LS,RS,DP hardware switch. How come the DP has two pins assigned on the board and on the switch? I mean.. Just.. Why does that one need two and the other two only need 1? Can anyone break it down for me?

On the J7 connector of the Brook UFB and PS4+:

pin 1: LS signal
    pin 2: ground
    pin 3: ground
    pin 4: RS signal

- if LS (pin 1) is grounded (link to pin 2), then LS is activate
    - if RS (pin 4) is grounded (link to pin 3), then RS is activate
    - if neither LS or RS are grounded (link between pin 2 and 3, neutral position), then it's DP mode.

VUyrFpR.png
    Post edited by The_Real_Phoenix on

- if neither LS or RS are grounded (link between pin 2 and 3, neutral position), then it's DP mode.

VUyrFpR.png

@The_Real_Phoenix
    Thanks to share ...

@CuraeL
    or use combo key w/o a switch to select LS/DP/RS

See { LS, RS, DP Emulate } at below link
    http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/
    edited October 20
    Hi Bros
    If you don't use breakout board with PS4+Audio Board, the sound automatically outputs to headset mode not TV HDMI port.

Our suggestion is connected or soldered a wire between H_DET and AGND on J11-1 or J8
    https://dropbox.com/s/ocj2ptoygb2dxzh/Fix%20issue-2.jpg?dl=0
  • CuraeLCuraeL Cherry Blossom Blizzard Joined: Posts: 105

VUyrFpR.png

Ayy, I just soldered both GND's to the middle pin of my 3 PIN rocker and it works! Thanks for the explanation! I was wondering which one was ground. Turns out both are! :D Cheers! Everything works now. ^^
    I've made my fair share of free artwork - you want, you pay.
    Nothing in this world is free.

SChHzIg.png
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 5,523
    I think the analog stick inside the button shell is brilliant.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
124»