*UPDATED* BROOK FIGHTING BOARD w/ SOUND + BREAKOUT BOARD (PS3, PS4, PC XINPUT)

2»

Comments

• StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jonyfraze wrote: »
    Not too tech savy, but can you use those aux to female usb converters to connect a wireless usb headset?

micro usb port on the break out is for the connection to the console only.

I meant through the audio jack using something like this.
    51w7LcPSa3L._SX425_.jpg

I would then connect the usb dongle into it for my wireless headset.

If your headset is BT. You could always use a 3.5mm to BT adapter. They require recharging though.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -Razer Panthera BNIB
    -TE-S
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W, BenQ RL2455HM & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 347
    edited February 22
    I remember iPod Shuffles data synced over 3.5mm jacks. Heck, I just programmed my son's stuffed toy over it last week. Funny though, as 99.9% of people on Earth think of this jack as audio-only. :smile:
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jopamo wrote: »
    I remember iPod Shuffles data synced over 3.5mm jacks. Heck, I just programmed my son's stuffed toy over it last week. Funny though, as 99.9% of people on Earth think of this jack as audio-only. :smile:

Got the same puppy for my 1.5y/of son, he pressed the feet a few times and it's sat underneath the bed since then lol. But thanks for the tip he may pay it some mind longer then 2min if I do that. Now boxes, cardboard boxes they like.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -Razer Panthera BNIB
    -TE-S
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W, BenQ RL2455HM & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 347
    Program his name, as well as his favorite food, color and animal and he might use it more :wink:
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 520
    pre-order is up on ArcadeShock!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Boulton123Boulton123 Joined: Posts: 3
    @jonyfraze Have you tried the analog stick control out on the board? I know analog sticks aren't the thing for fighting games but this board is great for us Project Diva players looking for an analog board
  • TomtortoiseTomtortoise Joined: Posts: 13
    Anyone have any information on how the touch input/analog input works? I have not seen any real documentation or use of that yet.
  • GOGO.ZippyGOGO.Zippy Joined: Posts: 939
    Anyone have any information on how the touch input/analog input works? I have not seen any real documentation or use of that yet.

@Tomtortoise
    Look this pic
    https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server500/d90a4/products/1543/images/9345/ps4-fighting-board-inst-p3__24838.1487738736.1280.1280.jpg?c=2
    So it is still only going to work with the little Brook touch pad? Is a larger touch pad going to be available at some point? Either that or a breakout board for custom touch pad sliders?
    So it is still only going to work with the little Brook touch pad? Is a larger touch pad going to be available at some point? Either that or a breakout board for custom touch pad sliders?

@Tomtortoise
    It's only working with Brook touch pad.
    @GOGO.Zippy

Hmm, so then I am guessing it is only compatible with the ZET6221 series touch IC's then? I am looking to make a full size touch slider for Project Diva Future Tone which I will probably end up using the ZET6221WPA.
    @GOGO.Zippy

Hmm, so then I am guessing it is only compatible with the ZET6221 series touch IC's then? I am looking to make a full size touch slider for Project Diva Future Tone which I will probably end up using the ZET6221WPA.

@Tomtortoise
    That's right..Brook used ZET6221/QFN-40 to design our touch pad .
  • zerofxizerofxi thug probe! Joined: Posts: 531
    edited March 4
    i love that you made a breakout neutrik for the usb and 3.5mm jack.

however i am not thrilled it is a mini usb on it. any way brook can make a breakout that has only the 3.5mm jack on it? i would rather use a regular usb neutrik on my case and put a separate 3.5mm jack neutrik on the front panel.

if brook won't make a 3.5mm jack neutrik, does it exist? i can't find one for the life of me.
    zerofxi wrote: »
    i love that you made a breakout neutrik for the usb and 3.5mm jack.

however i am not thrilled it is a mini usb on it. any way brook can make a breakout that has only the 3.5mm jack on it? i would rather use a regular usb neutrik on my case and put a separate 3.5mm jack neutrik on the front panel.

if brook won't make a 3.5mm jack neutrik, does it exist? i can't find one for the life of me.
    @zerofxi
    Please look at this pic..
    You can choice anyone usb to connect with console.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dkxjdmxYUW5kTDQ/view?usp=drivesdk
    That's not what I meant.

I am aware that I can have another way to connect the USB. So I wish I can have a neutrik usb in the back and your breakout in the front.

Is there consideration to have a 3.5mm jack only breakout? Or maybe just a plate cover switch where it only has an opening for 3.5mm jack and no micro usb.
    That's not what I meant.

I am aware that I can have another way to connect the USB. So I wish I can have a neutrik usb in the back and your breakout in the front.

Is there consideration to have a 3.5mm jack only breakout? Or maybe just a plate cover switch where it only has an opening for 3.5mm jack and no micro usb.

@zerofxi

1. use a cable to connect between J1/Micro usb and neutrik usb
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xxppvd7h24QVAwdlVxWHRaUmM
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dkxjdmxYUW5kTDQ/view?usp=drivesdk

2. remove J1-1 to disable Micro usb in the breakout board.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xxppvd7h24S1hJdmo0Y0RQbVU
    edited March 7
    Really appreciate your responses. I am not being clear in my questions.

What I am asking is purely cosmetic because I don't want to have the micro usb port on the breakout plate. I was wondering if you have plans to release a swappable plate that only shows the 3.5mm jack opening and no micro usb port.
    Really appreciate your responses. I am not being clear in my questions.

What I am asking is purely cosmetic because I don't want to have the micro usb port on the breakout plate. I was wondering if you have plans to release a swappable plate that only shows the 3.5mm jack opening and no micro usb port.

@zerofxi
    1. To Remove 4pin from J1-1 in PS4+ Audio FB so that Micro usb will no function in the breakout board.
    2. Need a cable to link J1/Micro USB and Neutrik USB

See this pic
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_xxppvd7h24SVM3alRnR09XZU0
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 971
    Hey @jonyfraze can you see if those new aux audio panels fit over a neutrik gaskets for more sexy?

NEUTRIK_SCDP_BLUE__22221.1437150807.1280.1280.jpg
    +
    16934239_1451983128147400_466684925_n_large.jpg
    =
    More Sexy?
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 74
    Is it possible to have the J11-1 pinout? I couldn't find it on the brook's website.
    I suppose this is a TRRS 3.5 jack, so something like mic, left, return left, right, return right and ground?
    edited March 8
    Is it possible to have the J11-1 pinout? I couldn't find it on the brook's website.
    I suppose this is a TRRS 3.5 jack, so something like mic, left, return left, right, return right and ground?

@The_Real_Phoenix
    Look this link, we printed all pinout function on user manual.
    Brook website is coming soon..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dDNnLTJ5TFp0Uk0/view?usp=sharing
  • The_Real_PhoenixThe_Real_Phoenix electronoob Joined: Posts: 74
    GOGO.Zippy wrote: »

@The_Real_Phoenix
    Look this link, we printed all pinout function on user manual.
    Brook website is coming soon..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_xxppvd7h24dDNnLTJ5TFp0Uk0/view?usp=sharing
    Thanks!
    @GOGO.Zippy

I meant, would you consider selling a plate without the micro usb as seen below? Even if it is just the plate.

Is the plate portion removable to make a custom one?

Thanks for all the responses!

• KempoKempo Joined: Posts: 62
    I think you want a panel mount 3.5mm socket.
  • jonyfrazejonyfraze jonyfraze Joined: Posts: 520
    No sorry - if there is ever a need for
    Hey @jonyfraze can you see if those new aux audio panels fit over a neutrik gaskets for more sexy?

NEUTRIK_SCDP_BLUE__22221.1437150807.1280.1280.jpg
    +
    =
    More Sexy?

Just tried it on mine. Fits snug!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year
    custom cases & cabs • design • mods
    www.jonyfraze.com

instagram | twitter | facebook
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 971
    jonyfraze wrote: »