Moledcule: Kaimana Theme Builder, Compiler, Flasher... ...you design... ...we code!

2»

Comments

• KnyghtFallKnyghtFall Kenji for MvCi Joined: Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice. Will try it again.
    VS game player for life. Copier of DNA. Fond of using anchors to smash stupid robots with Xs in their names.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 906
    It's all about to compile
    Balltop Hot Fix in v1.0.5
    fixed a small compile bug
    Fash Original Code
    Kaimana Restore - Fix in v1.0.6
    fixed a bug that did not allow you to reflash the original Kaimana base code
    Options Select
    Updated Modes

Hey all, as per popular demand we have added more selectable modes.

To select a mode, you will hold a direction, and a button combination for 5 seconds

Modes
    Moledcule (UP + P1)
    This is the theme you created using the configurator

Tournament (UP + P2)
    All light off

Solid (UP + P3)
    After you see the lights light up solid color, release everything and then pick one of the displayed colors

Screen (UP + P4)
    This is the screen save mode (crazy lights all the time)

XBOX (DOWN + P1)
    XBOX Controller Theme Style

Playstation (DOWN + P2)
    Playstation Controller Theme Style

TVC (DOWN + P3)
    Madcatz TVC Stick Colors

Available now through http://moledcule.club
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 242
    Is there anything special you have to do for a hitbox setup? It seems to not save any of my wire orders and just has them going to random spots. Using a UFB with a kaimana khameleon on win10 if this helps.
    Is there anything special you have to do for a hitbox setup? It seems to not save any of my wire orders and just has them going to random spots. Using a UFB with a kaimana khameleon on win10 if this helps.

Take a look here

You need to open the "configuration" panel and drag your buttons around to the appropriate order
    I've moved it around in the config and what it shows in the vid but it never seems to match what I put in the order. Buttons will be off by a bunch and I'm following the order I put the kaimana khameleon.
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    Mentioned this on twitter, but I haven't had any luck flashing at all. I've attempted to flash on 3 separate computers, 2 on Windows' Creator Update.
    This worked before I just can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore, even attempting to flash using Arduino's software hangs at flashing.
    I recorded a video of what happens:
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    Mentioned this on twitter, but I haven't had any luck flashing at all...

I'll take a look when I get home
    edited July 13
    This worked before I just can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore, even attempting to flash using Arduino's software hangs at flashing.

Hey, so i watched you video a few times.
    Can you do something for me.

You start hammering the buttons right away after the flash.
    There is a default 8 second timeout on the ATMega32u4

When you flash it (even with the kaimana, the successful part), WAIT until you hear the USB dinging. DON'T start hammering the buttons.

So..

When you flash you will see a few messages

1. Attempting to reset current device
    2. Successfully reset current device
    3. Device connection and handshake
    4. Please Wait

After the initial set of messages you will get
    1. Your device has been successfully updated
    2. Your device will restart in approximately 8 seconds (Please DON't hammer the buttons, just wait)

Once the Kaimana sends back the reset signal
    1. You can now safely unplug your device
    32teeth wrote: »

Hey, so i watched you video a few times.
    Can you do something for me.

You start hammering the buttons right away after the flash.
    There is a default 8 second timeout on the ATMega32u4

When you flash it (even with the kaimana, the successful part), WAIT until you hear the USB dinging. DON'T start hammering the buttons.

So..

When you flash you will see a few messages

1. Attempting to reset current device
    2. Successfully reset current device
    3. Device connection and handshake
    4. Please Wait

After the initial set of messages you will get
    1. Your device has been successfully updated
    2. Your device will restart in approximately 8 seconds (Please DON't hammer the buttons, just wait)

Once the Kaimana sends back the reset signal
    1. You can now safely unplug your device

I'll try after I get back from Evo, still I remember waiting a long time in the hundreds of times I tried, but the issue persisted.
    This was actually the same issue I was having. The buttons weren't matching up and had issues resetting the kaimana as well. I was using a hitbox setup so it could've been other issues as well.
    32teeth wrote: »
    Snip

Tried this again, waited 5 minutes, and nothing has changed.
    Same result as before, none of the changes stick, I'm not sure what to do anymore
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 505
    So what I gather from these recent posts is that this app doesn't work? That's too bad as I was hoping to avoid using the Arduino software going forward :bawling:
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    So what I gather from these recent posts is that this app doesn't work? That's too bad as I was hoping to avoid using the Arduino software going forward :bawling:

Hmm, not sure how accurate that is.
    The software does work and is maintained.

I have tested on
    Micro
    Leonardo
    Custom 32u4

The only time i have not been able to compile and flash was when i am on VPN and have an IPV6 address (my AWS load balancer barfs at this)
    I would give it a shot if you can, it works wonderfully and it's super simple.
    I just might have a bad Kaimana now, and since this isn't officially supported I haven't personally contacted Paradise about it.

The only thing I could want in terms of improvement of this tool is the ability to toggle the modes on or off
    Or to change the button combination to change modes. While playing my stick will cycle through a bunch of different modes and won't be in the mode I started off with lol
    The only thing I could want in terms of improvement of this tool is the ability to toggle the modes on or off
    Or to change the button combination to change modes. While playing my stick will cycle through a bunch of different modes and won't be in the mode I started off with lol

This is great insight. We are constantly looking for feedback to improve, even incrementally
2»