Moledcule: Kaimana Theme Builder, Compiler, Flasher... ...you design... ...we code!

2»

Comments

  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    Version 1.0.2
    The Windows 10 fix

    Thanks everyone for your feedback. Managed to get the Windows 10 version up and running.

  • DuoblerayDuobleray Joined: Posts: 8
    Thank you for the windows 10 update. My device is now connect and I am able to get the themes. For some reason the layout is not in sync, pressing one button lights up another. Before I loaded a theme , everything worked fine. Is there any way to see how the app is reading my board, is there some kind of button check? Thank you
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    edited January 9
    You can rearrange your wiring by dragging the order around under the configuration section. What you have done is a good first step in creating a theme in the colors section

    I'll post a video later
    Post edited by 32teeth on
  • KnyghtFallKnyghtFall Kenji for MvCi Joined: Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm on a standard Kaimana.

    Moledcule recognizes it as a USB device.

    I put in my wiring order, flash my device and it's wrong. Every time.

    Do I need drivers?

    I set it for Kaimana - Led Joystick - Fade on
    - 8 buttons

    No luck.
    VS game player for life. Copier of DNA. Fond of using anchors to smash stupid robots with Xs in their names.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    KnyghtFall wrote: »
    I'm on a standard Kaimana.

    Moledcule recognizes it as a USB device.

    I put in my wiring order, flash my device and it's wrong. Every time.

    Do I need drivers?

    I set it for Kaimana - Led Joystick - Fade on
    - 8 buttons

    No luck.

    please sen me you
    link to your theme
    if you take a look here at the themes list and select your theme. send me the link

    it would look something like this
    [*] http://moledcule.club/#/themes?theme=582c65c0f7964c2c9bc0c900

  • KnyghtFallKnyghtFall Kenji for MvCi Joined: Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    VS game player for life. Copier of DNA. Fond of using anchors to smash stupid robots with Xs in their names.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    edited January 18
    KnyghtFall wrote: »

    thanks.
    remove the balltop

    for now, balltop support is kinda wonky and we are working on it.
    simply remove it from you configuration and test that


  • KnyghtFallKnyghtFall Kenji for MvCi Joined: Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If I remove the ball top from the sketch, it's still in the daisy chain.

    To get this to work I have to physically disconnect my ball top?

    Is there a way to add the fade effect to the standard Kaimana sketch, or export the code for use in an Arduino Leonardo program?
    VS game player for life. Copier of DNA. Fond of using anchors to smash stupid robots with Xs in their names.
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,580
    edited January 20
    Im using a PFS2.0 w/ a Khameleon. Using Jasen's boards, what order do I need to put the buttons under wiring order?

     

  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    KnyghtFall wrote: »
    If I remove the ball top from the sketch, it's still in the daisy chain.

    To get this to work I have to physically disconnect my ball top?

    Is there a way to add the fade effect to the standard Kaimana sketch, or export the code for use in an Arduino Leonardo program?

    Who's talking about balls
    Balltop LED in v1.0.3
    That's right.
    After a long delay (sorry, have a FT job now), the almighty balltop color selector is now available!

  • KnyghtFallKnyghtFall Kenji for MvCi Joined: Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nice. Will try it again.
    VS game player for life. Copier of DNA. Fond of using anchors to smash stupid robots with Xs in their names.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    It's all about to compile
    Balltop Hot Fix in v1.0.5
    fixed a small compile bug
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    Fash Original Code
    Kaimana Restore - Fix in v1.0.6
    fixed a bug that did not allow you to reflash the original Kaimana base code
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    Options Select
    Updated Modes


    Hey all, as per popular demand we have added more selectable modes.

    To select a mode, you will hold a direction, and a button combination for 5 seconds

    Modes
    Moledcule (UP + P1)
    This is the theme you created using the configurator

    Tournament (UP + P2)
    All light off

    Solid (UP + P3)
    After you see the lights light up solid color, release everything and then pick one of the displayed colors

    Screen (UP + P4)
    This is the screen save mode (crazy lights all the time)

    XBOX (DOWN + P1)
    XBOX Controller Theme Style

    Playstation (DOWN + P2)
    Playstation Controller Theme Style

    TVC (DOWN + P3)
    Madcatz TVC Stick Colors

    Available now through http://moledcule.club
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    Is there anything special you have to do for a hitbox setup? It seems to not save any of my wire orders and just has them going to random spots. Using a UFB with a kaimana khameleon on win10 if this helps.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    Is there anything special you have to do for a hitbox setup? It seems to not save any of my wire orders and just has them going to random spots. Using a UFB with a kaimana khameleon on win10 if this helps.

    Take a look here


    You need to open the "configuration" panel and drag your buttons around to the appropriate order
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    I've moved it around in the config and what it shows in the vid but it never seems to match what I put in the order. Buttons will be off by a bunch and I'm following the order I put the kaimana khameleon.
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    Mentioned this on twitter, but I haven't had any luck flashing at all. I've attempted to flash on 3 separate computers, 2 on Windows' Creator Update.
    This worked before I just can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore, even attempting to flash using Arduino's software hangs at flashing.
    I recorded a video of what happens:
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    Mentioned this on twitter, but I haven't had any luck flashing at all...

    I'll take a look when I get home
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    edited July 13
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    This worked before I just can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore, even attempting to flash using Arduino's software hangs at flashing.
    I recorded a video of what happens:

    Hey, so i watched you video a few times.
    Can you do something for me.

    You start hammering the buttons right away after the flash.
    There is a default 8 second timeout on the ATMega32u4

    When you flash it (even with the kaimana, the successful part), WAIT until you hear the USB dinging. DON'T start hammering the buttons.

    So..


    When you flash you will see a few messages

    1. Attempting to reset current device
    2. Successfully reset current device
    3. Device connection and handshake
    4. Please Wait

    After the initial set of messages you will get
    1. Your device has been successfully updated
    2. Your device will restart in approximately 8 seconds (Please DON't hammer the buttons, just wait)

    Once the Kaimana sends back the reset signal
    1. You can now safely unplug your device
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    32teeth wrote: »
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    This worked before I just can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore, even attempting to flash using Arduino's software hangs at flashing.
    I recorded a video of what happens:

    Hey, so i watched you video a few times.
    Can you do something for me.

    You start hammering the buttons right away after the flash.
    There is a default 8 second timeout on the ATMega32u4

    When you flash it (even with the kaimana, the successful part), WAIT until you hear the USB dinging. DON'T start hammering the buttons.

    So..


    When you flash you will see a few messages

    1. Attempting to reset current device
    2. Successfully reset current device
    3. Device connection and handshake
    4. Please Wait

    After the initial set of messages you will get
    1. Your device has been successfully updated
    2. Your device will restart in approximately 8 seconds (Please DON't hammer the buttons, just wait)

    Once the Kaimana sends back the reset signal
    1. You can now safely unplug your device

    I'll try after I get back from Evo, still I remember waiting a long time in the hundreds of times I tried, but the issue persisted.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 255
    This was actually the same issue I was having. The buttons weren't matching up and had issues resetting the kaimana as well. I was using a hitbox setup so it could've been other issues as well.
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    32teeth wrote: »
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    This worked before I just can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore, even attempting to flash using Arduino's software hangs at flashing.
    I recorded a video of what happens:
    Snip

    Tried this again, waited 5 minutes, and nothing has changed.
    Same result as before, none of the changes stick, I'm not sure what to do anymore
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 550
    So what I gather from these recent posts is that this app doesn't work? That's too bad as I was hoping to avoid using the Arduino software going forward :bawling:
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    So what I gather from these recent posts is that this app doesn't work? That's too bad as I was hoping to avoid using the Arduino software going forward :bawling:

    Hmm, not sure how accurate that is.
    The software does work and is maintained.

    I have tested on
    Micro
    Leonardo
    Custom 32u4

    The only time i have not been able to compile and flash was when i am on VPN and have an IPV6 address (my AWS load balancer barfs at this)
  • igloo77055igloo77055 Joined: Posts: 36
    I would give it a shot if you can, it works wonderfully and it's super simple.
    I just might have a bad Kaimana now, and since this isn't officially supported I haven't personally contacted Paradise about it.

    The only thing I could want in terms of improvement of this tool is the ability to toggle the modes on or off
    Or to change the button combination to change modes. While playing my stick will cycle through a bunch of different modes and won't be in the mode I started off with lol
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    igloo77055 wrote: »
    The only thing I could want in terms of improvement of this tool is the ability to toggle the modes on or off
    Or to change the button combination to change modes. While playing my stick will cycle through a bunch of different modes and won't be in the mode I started off with lol

    This is great insight. We are constantly looking for feedback to improve, even incrementally
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    Going Public
    Moledcule Firmware now open to the public
    check out the GitHub repo

    Redux
    Kaimana Redux is open public now too
    check out the GitHub repo
  • ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 58
    hi @32teeth I got the Kaimana Mini installed today and I am trying to use Molecule to setup everything. I like the look and the layout. just curious if there is a way or perhaps I am missing where it is, to have the buttons one color when not being used, then switch to another color when they are pressed. I really can only get it to stay one color all the time, until the Idle animation starts. I really don't have any experience with this, so any advice would be great!
  • eyeamg0dlyeyeamg0dly Joined: Posts: 44
    so getting error that molecule can't connect to port. really hope i can get this to work, arduino is an absolute nightmare.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 909
    eyeamg0dly wrote: »
    so getting error that molecule can't connect to port. really hope i can get this to work, arduino is an absolute nightmare.

    Mac or PC?

  • eyeamg0dlyeyeamg0dly Joined: Posts: 44
    PC
  • ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 58
    ykd wrote: »
    hi @32teeth I got the Kaimana Mini installed today and I am trying to use Molecule to setup everything. I like the look and the layout. just curious if there is a way or perhaps I am missing where it is, to have the buttons one color when not being used, then switch to another color when they are pressed. I really can only get it to stay one color all the time, until the Idle animation starts. I really don't have any experience with this, so any advice would be great!

    I got it figured out. I had to use Arduino and had help from a few people on the board.

    Is it just me, or is the options on moledcule pretty limited ? Likely wasn't looking in the right spot but anywhere In there to use animations ?

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.