MVC Infinite Lounge: We all girls until proven otherwise.

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,041 mod
    Actually, a lot of the stuff that was patched in later one was treated that way because they never planned for it. They only started work on the cinematic story mode in mid to late 2015 after people started asking about it. Their original plan for SFV did not have it at all.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,277 mod
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »
    willseless wrote: »
    The site is new but it still says "Late 2017".
    I guess Capcom can make it work. Maybe on one SFV meeting a couple months before launch, a guy came up with the fact that the game wouldn't be complete in time, that they needed more resources or shit like that, but Capcom just went "nah, everything will be fine, it's Street Fighter". Now they learned their lesson.
    Yeah, they learned that they can release shit-tier games and still get millions of income because they will sell on brand name alone

You talking shit about Marvel?

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 8,833
    I guess Capcom can make it work. Maybe on one SFV meeting a couple months before launch, a guy came up with the fact that the game wouldn't be complete in time, that they needed more resources or shit like that, but Capcom just went "nah, everything will be fine, it's Street Fighter". Now they learned their lesson.
    Yeah, they learned that they can release shit-tier games and still get millions of income because they will sell on brand name alone

He's talking shit about SFV
    NNID: a2handedmonk

He's talking shit about SFV

Ah ok. Just remember don't talk shit about Marvel. The crack that has been promised to us.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,964

The only shit talk I've done about Marvel is I sincerely don't believe that Capcom will deliver an actually good game with MVCI
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    d3v wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be good, all it needs to be is broken.

Agreed. Marvel is bad by default so any nay say is effectively shit talking. Let the badness rise to the top. Crack is bad for you and we want it.

• GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,551

Agreed. Marvel is bad by default so any nay say is effectively shit talking. Let the badness rise to the top. Crack is bad for you and we want it.

As long as I never see footdive again I'm good. I'm ready to get hype for marvel again. Oh and 25 second OTGs but that's just wishful thinking.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
    GomuGomu wrote: »

As long as I never see footdive again I'm good. I'm ready to get hype for marvel again. Oh and 25 second OTGs but that's just wishful thinking.

If Dr.Doom is back you'll see footdive. It'll probably be weak ass Vanilla Marvel foot dive with no OTG, but it'll be there.

I don't see dumb long OTGs returning, but can't count it out

• willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,313
    I bet there will be even more otgs because of the lack of assists.
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 184
    I bet there will be even more otgs because of the lack of assists.

I know things are subject to change, but seeing Ryu otg with st.LK (with Power Stone activated at least) in the gameplay trailer indicates you may be right.
    Maybe they will even balance some characters because they have otgs, so they will be mostly used at the second slot.
    One thing that got me thinking is the hitstun deterioration on tag combos. Do you guys think it will reset after a tag or would it be too strong?
    If he drops the impractical loops you need to be ready. Keep hitting those buttons son.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,777
    Till E3. So June 13 or whenever.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    Some leaked characters would be cool.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,964
    MVC2 OST is ridiculously good
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,583
    edited April 20
    I put some MVC2 tracks on a TVC custom mix recently and they worked perfectly. That soundtrack is so versatile, which is surprising considering how off the wall it is.
    Slow and steady wins the race
    Really interested in how Rocket/Groot would work in Infinite.
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh Akuma Matata Joined: Posts: 8,833
    Really interested in how Rocket/Groot would work in Infinite.

Nemesis. Replace noodles with tree branches
    NNID: a2handedmonk
    edited April 21
    The X-Men possibly not being DLC is very surprising. It's not a foregone conclusion like we originally seemed to think.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,471
    Oh shit, Strider and Commando in the base roster? We OG now boys.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Remember me now, Yipes? Joined: Posts: 7,471
    Checking off the MvC1 roster:
    • Ryu: Confirmed
    • Chun: Very Probable
    • Zangief: Could be replaced
    • Megaman: Confirmed, but replaced with X
    • Captain Commando: Leaked?
    • Strider: Leaked?
    • Morrigan: Confirmed
    • Jin: Unsure, may be brought in under "dormant franchises"
    • Spiderman: Probable
    • Captain America: Confirmed
    • Venom: Leaked?
    • War Machine: Replaced with Iron Man
    • Wolverine: If we're getting X-Men, he will be in
    • Hulk: Very Probable
    • Gambit: Small chance of getting in with the X-Men
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 450
    edited April 21
    The only surprising thing he said is the inclusion of Hunter. The rest are safe assumptions.
    This is his leaked list
    Characters that I can confirm that are in:
    Hunter (from Monster Hunter)

Rathalos (though I will admit that this one is shaky because they might've nixed it to only be in the Hunter's moveset for a Hyper because Giants might be done away with as playable, and Rathalos was planned to be part of the Hyper regardless)

Strider Hiryu

Leon Kennedy

Jedah

Nathan Spencer

Captain Commando

Spider-Man

Doctor Octopus

Venom

Songbird

Ms. Marvel

Ant-Man

Rocket (but Groot is now part of his moveset)

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

>Captain Commando

Rip sig.
    Can we bring back Jin fucking Saotome though? Need that hot bloodedness.

Doc Ock is an interesting choice but it doesn't seem to make sense with Marvel's current cinematic, and TV universe. Is he even relevant right now? I don't follow the comics.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,624

Doc Ock is an interesting choice but it doesn't seem to make sense with Marvel's current cinematic, and TV universe. Is he even relevant right now? I don't follow the comics.

Doc Ock was relevant when he was the Superior Spider-Man. I know his mind is currently an AI.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 427

Doc Ock was relevant when he was the Superior Spider-Man. I know his mind is currently an AI.

Ock got a new body now, he's the Superior Octopus. http://media.comicbook.com/2017/03/image-3-238301.png

The guys over on Gaf are saying that Doom/Skrull/Silver Surfer might be DLC. Doom is expected & it'd be nice to see Skrull again. I'll be really fucking hyped if Surfer makes it in. I wonder what the chances of his theme being a remix of Stage 1 from the NES game are?

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,041 mod
    The guys over on Gaf are saying that Doom/Skrull/Silver Surfer might be DLC. Doom is expected & it'd be nice to see Skrull again. I'll be really fucking hyped if Surfer makes it in. I wonder what the chances of his theme being a remix of Stage 1 from the NES game are?
    FOOTFOOTFOOT
    FOOTDIVEFOOT
    DIVEFOOTDIVE
    FOOTFOOTFOOT
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,593
    The X-Men possibly not being DLC is very surprising. It's not a foregone conclusion like we originally seemed to think.

It's interesting, Marvel is really pushing to bring them back into relevance, heck there are even rumours of a new cartoon coming out, I think next year in addition to the live action TV show. For some reason, Marvel is giving the X-men their second wind and I'm hopeful for the first time in a loooooooooong time.
    >Captain Commando

A fellow Captain Commando fan? You have my respect. I salute you, heartily!
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
    I believe in The EKKKS MEN

• ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,593
    I believe in The EKKKS MEN

*Cries for tha moooooon in joy*

"Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 583
    At this point I don't care if Venom is Eddie Brock or Mac Gargan as long as his moveset remains loyal to the past games.

No Agent Venom, please.

Without assists you guys will actually have to play Commando.

Wow, what a burn, And I totally agree. Btw, as Commando himself would say: "Burn, baby. Burn!"
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim

Ock got a new body now, he's the Superior Octopus. http://media.comicbook.com/2017/03/image-3-238301.png

That looks sick.

Surfer would have a pretty decent chance having that theme remixed, if Marvel 3's themes were anything to go by. I just wonder how they'll incorporate his board if he's in.

Never played this game, but I would play the shit out of Silver Surfer just because of this song. Shit is lit.

• Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,278
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    At this point I don't care if Venom is Eddie Brock or Mac Gargan as long as his moveset remains loyal to the past games.

No Agent Venom, please.

Wow, what a burn, And I totally agree. Btw, as Commando himself would say: "Burn, baby. Burn!"

Its funny reading posts like this because I don't think I've ever met anyone who reads comics and prefers Mac Gargan Venom to Flash
    edited April 21
    Pete278 wrote: »
    Its funny reading posts like this because I don't think I've ever met anyone who reads comics and prefers Mac Gargan Venom to Flash

For me, Brock and Flash as Venom were great, best overall Brock iteration was Anti-Venom and Gargan is a pile of disappointment. He started interesting in his Marvel Knights debut, but crashed HARD afterwards.

• thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 583
    Pete278 wrote: »
    thiagoeis wrote: »

No Agent Venom, please.

Well, I don't read it anymore after Avengers vs X-Men, I only search around the net of what happens these days. I've only read Spiderverse recently because I wanted to see the alternate Spiders and how Otto would interact with them (and too see my man Miguel).

Maybe I don't like Flash because I didn't read too much into Agent Venom tho. But I didn't like the idea of the symbiote changing host to someone that isn't a Spidey's enemy.

I've read Minimum Carnage, than I heard that Flash was going out with the Guardians of the Galaxy and I was like "wtf". I might give it a shot to read his stuff someday tho
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    On the fence about MvCI: If I get the game Ultron/Strider might be sick. Space Stone + orbs ftw

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim