MVC Infinite Lounge: WHEN'S MAHVEL? SEPTEMBER 19!

Comments

• UnSaxon51UnSaxon51 PUT ME IN YOUR DAMN CROSSOVER GAME OR ELSE Joined: Posts: 3,848
    Ock got a new body now, he's the Superior Octopus. http://media.comicbook.com/2017/03/image-3-238301.png

What in the what? Holy shit I'm so behind on current comics.
    NNID/XboxLive: UnSaxon51

The real reason Ridley isn't in Smash

"Haggar is Newton's Laws of Motion, the character." ~ ThatJollyOldBastid

"Mac is knocking the fabulous right out of Marth!" ~ Saitsu
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 1,541
    I don't read comics, but I think people really liked Agent Venom. People just don't want him in because he would just be another gun user.
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,204
    thiagoeis wrote: »
    Pete278 wrote: »
    At this point I don't care if Venom is Eddie Brock or Mac Gargan as long as his moveset remains loyal to the past games.

No Agent Venom, please.

Without assists you guys will actually have to play Commando.

Wow, what a burn, And I totally agree. Btw, as Commando himself would say: "Burn, baby. Burn!"

Its funny reading posts like this because I don't think I've ever met anyone who reads comics and prefers Mac Gargan Venom to Flash

Well, I don't read it anymore after Avengers vs X-Men, I only search around the net of what happens these days. I've only read Spiderverse recently because I wanted to see the alternate Spiders and how Otto would interact with them (and too see my man Miguel).

Maybe I don't like Flash because I didn't read too much into Agent Venom tho. But I didn't like the idea of the symbiote changing host to someone that isn't a Spidey's enemy.

I've read Minimum Carnage, than I heard that Flash was going out with the Guardians of the Galaxy and I was like "wtf". I might give it a shot to read his stuff someday tho

Oh, him being in GotG was pretty bad, Bendis is such a shitty writer for anything above street level, particularly GotG, but all the solo Flash stuff was good.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 24,568
    willseless wrote: »
    I don't read comics, but I think people really liked Agent Venom. People just don't want him in because he would just be another gun user.

He's also the not the Venom people remember.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Colonel-GilgameshColonel-Gilgamesh He rains salty tears Joined: Posts: 8,421

He's also the not the Venom people remember.

I hate this logic, though I acknowledge it.

It's the reason Ganondorf has remained a Captain Falcon clone in Smash for 15+ years.
    NNID: a2handedmonk
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,431
    edited April 21
    I didn't know people actually cared about the character underneath the symbiote outside of comic readers. I thought it was only about the entity that is Venom.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 684
    edited April 21
    Maybe I don't like Flash because I didn't read too much into Agent Venom tho. But I didn't like the idea of the symbiote changing host to someone that isn't a Spidey's enemy.

That's very limiting creatively then. Besides, Flash's Venom book was fantastic.

It also gave the symbiote itself some much needed character development.

Oh, him being in GotG was pretty bad, Bendis is such a shitty writer for anything above street level, particularly GotG, but all the solo Flash stuff was good.

His space night solo was great though. Then again, it was Thompson writing and not Bendis.

That wouldn't be an issue, since he could go full monster.

It probably would be Brock in the game, but Flash's Venom is doable too and would still have some of the old moves.

Besides, Flash used guns less often after he stopped being a government sanctioned hero.

Doc Ock is an interesting choice but it doesn't seem to make sense with Marvel's current cinematic, and TV universe. Is he even relevant right now? I don't follow the comics.

He is really relevant in the comics yeah. He was part of the Clone Conspiracy story and got a new "Superior" body.
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
  • dragondude626dragondude626 Joined: Posts: 27
    Agent Venom would have typical monster mode for certain attacks but it would also give him ranged attacks with guns and grenades. Could throw in some grenade projectile cancel storing mechanic like Juri.

Where throw the grenade, throw another input hides it in the suit and hit a button during a combo that releases all grenades.
    The only surprising thing he said is the inclusion of Hunter. The rest are safe assumptions.

I'd say Songbird is would qualify as Surprising too actually.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,234
    Honestly the whole X-Men and F4 situation is kinda weird

Rumors said that MVC:I either won't have characters from those franchises period, or they would arrive later as DLC

But Marvel Heroes still has representation from both
    It has most of the cast from the 90's cartoon series
    It has all of Fantastic Four's members + Doctor Doom

They've added Beast to the roster last year. And they're coming out with a console version very soon, which also will have most of said characters, and Gazillion can sell them

Which means that they either worked the kinks out with Fox and Marvel, or that their contract lasts long/been renewed recently

Various games like Zen Pinball also have those characters on the paid tables

doesn't make sense how those smaller studios can get X-Men but Capcom wouldn't
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited April 21
    Marvel Heroes and Zen Pinball had those characters in their games before Perlmutter's embargo.

The devs of Marvel Heroes even said they weren't allowed to add new X-Men or F4 characters for awhile. Beast being the first they were allowed to use in some time.

Same with Contest of Champions, whom only recently started adding new X-Men characters.

And Zen Pinball hasn't had an X-Men table in a long time. Deadpool being the last time they did one.
    edited April 22
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    I didn't know people actually cared about the character underneath the symbiote outside of comic readers. I thought it was only about the entity that is Venom.

One of the draws to the Venom character now is the relationship the host has with the symbiote. The Symbiote has become it's own character after having Flash as it's host.
    Post edited by Hawkingbird on
  • CyberPhoenix0252CyberPhoenix0252 Joined: Posts: 386
    At this point I don't care if Venom is Eddie Brock or Mac Gargan as long as his moveset remains loyal to the past games.

No Agent Venom, please.

Wow, what a burn, And I totally agree. Btw, as Commando himself would say: "Burn, baby. Burn!"

Its funny reading posts like this because I don't think I've ever met anyone who reads comics and prefers Mac Gargan Venom to Flash

Well, I don't read it anymore after Avengers vs X-Men, I only search around the net of what happens these days. I've only read Spiderverse recently because I wanted to see the alternate Spiders and how Otto would interact with them (and too see my man Miguel).

I've read Minimum Carnage, than I heard that Flash was going out with the Guardians of the Galaxy and I was like "wtf". I might give it a shot to read his stuff someday tho

Infamous Iron Man and Invincible Iron Man would like a word with you.

Shockdingo wrote: »
    The X-Men possibly not being DLC is very surprising. It's not a foregone conclusion like we originally seemed to think.

It's interesting, Marvel is really pushing to bring them back into relevance, heck there are even rumours of a new cartoon coming out, I think next year in addition to the live action TV show. For some reason, Marvel is giving the X-men their second wind and I'm hopeful for the first time in a loooooooooong time.
    >Captain Commando

A fellow Captain Commando fan? You have my respect. I salute you, heartily!

Hell yeah, he was one of my favourites when I still bothered playing Marvel 1. I need to play his game again some time soon.

No Agent Venom, please.

"Mac Gargan"

bAjxhTH.gif
    Rip sig.
  • dragondude626dragondude626 Joined: Posts: 27

No Agent Venom, please.

The X-Men possibly not being DLC is very surprising. It's not a foregone conclusion like we originally seemed to think.

It's interesting, Marvel is really pushing to bring them back into relevance, heck there are even rumours of a new cartoon coming out, I think next year in addition to the live action TV show. For some reason, Marvel is giving the X-men their second wind and I'm hopeful for the first time in a loooooooooong time.
    >Captain Commando

Hell yeah, he was one of my favourites when I still bothered playing Marvel 1. I need to play his game again some time soon.

No Agent Venom, please.

"Mac Gargan"

bAjxhTH.gif

And don't listen to you ever on comic advice.

His Infamous has him butchering Doom and Invincible was nothing till Tony die to be replaced by Bendis's mary sue.

These books happen to fit his style but he's not knocking anything out of the park with them.
    It doesn't really contradict what Pete278 said either, since what Pete said was that Bendis works best on street level stories.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,153 mod
    I don't read comics, but I think people really liked Agent Venom. People just don't want him in because he would just be another gun user without AHCB.
    Fixed.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Oh! Ecstasy! Joined: Posts: 5,762
    edited April 22

Matt Edwards from Capcom playing unreleased games on PS4 with an Arcade Stick.

Sounds like Marvel.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • JookeyJookey You have faced a knight, and lost! Joined: Posts: 150
    UGH TV LAG
    NO THANKS BITCH

No Agent Venom, please.

>Captain Commando

No Agent Venom, please.

"Mac Gargan"

bAjxhTH.gif

And don't listen to you ever on comic advice.

His Infamous has him butchering Doom and Invincible was nothing till Tony die to be replaced by Bendis's mary sue.

I can certainly understand the second part of that statement, but Doom being butchered? I don't agree honestly. If anything, it seems like a very natural progression of the character post-Secret Wars.
    Rip sig.
  • Legend IILegend II Living Legend sequel. Joined: Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Seems like hints about Bison and Juggernaut.
    Never lose your dignity for anyone.
    KOF 14: Clark, Ryuji, Mai and Kula, Terry, Andy
    Street Fighter 5: Laura, Guile
    I'm greatly enjoying Infamous Iron Man at the moment. Doom as a protagonist just works so well because of what a hammy egocentric asshole he is.

It's kinda like watching a Tony Stark if you replaced the goofy playboy act with composure and sick burns
  • thiagoeisthiagoeis Just press the buttons Joined: Posts: 556

That's very limiting creatively then. Besides, Flash's Venom book was fantastic.

It also gave the symbiote itself some much needed character development.

His space night solo was great though. Then again, it was Thompson writing and not Bendis.

That wouldn't be an issue, since he could go full monster.

It probably would be Brock in the game, but Flash's Venom is doable too and would still have some of the old moves.

Besides, Flash used guns less often after he stopped being a government sanctioned hero.

Doc Ock is an interesting choice but it doesn't seem to make sense with Marvel's current cinematic, and TV universe. Is he even relevant right now? I don't follow the comics.

He is really relevant in the comics yeah. He was part of the Clone Conspiracy story and got a new "Superior" body.

He does that in Minimum Carnage and I completely forgot about that. lol
    High level salty play

- I try to play:
    UMvC3: Chun-Li/Doom/Strider, Taskmaster/Chun/Hawkeye, Task/Doom/Hawk, point Hawkeye and point Vergil (troll) teams
    SFV: Alex, Guile and Ryu (CFN id: trakkerzorg)
    Deciding on MvCI stuff: Ultron/Strider might be sick

Other games:
    - I play 4fun or when someone asks:
    GGXrd: Slayer
    SFxT: Combinations of Poison, Jin, Ryu, Vega(Claw), Yoshimitsu, Guile and sometimes Chun
    MSH: Psylocke and Spider-Man
    MvC: Gambit, Spider-Man, Ryu, Strider. Trolls with Zangief, Venom and O. Hulk
    Super Turbo/HDR: Guile, Vega(Claw)
    3rd Strike: Akuma, Ryu. Trolls with Alex and Twelve
    USFIV: Vega(Claw), Ryu. Fools around with Seth and Poison

- Stuff that I should practice more but I don't:
    DOA5LR: Kasumi
    MvC2: WarMachine/IronMan/Doom. Also weird teams with Rogue, Gambit, Ken, Akuma and other mid tiers
    CvS2: A-Guile/Ryu/Vega, A-Terry/Ken/Vega
    KOF XIII: Terry/King/Kim

Matt Edwards from Capcom playing unreleased games on PS4 with an Arcade Stick.

Sounds like Marvel.

Still want that translucent Evo edition MadCatz PRO stick.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 1,906
    Saotome or Bust
    I wonder if there will be a tie in comic this time. I mean, Telltale's GotG is getting a comic prequel.
    Probably. Mvc3 had no story whatsoever and got a comic. Now they will do a proper cinematic story mode. It would be dumb to lose such an opportunity.
    Saotome or Bust

Wrong thread.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

I see no reason why Infinite wouldn't. Especially with the emphasis on story being significant this time around.

I'd like to see Infinite get an actual series like Injustice did. That was awesome.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 4,984
    Like I said, I hope the story is Marvel vs. Capcom and not heroes vs. villains.

If they do the latter it's fucking lame, like an after school special where The Street Fighters and Avengers team up to fight schoolyard racism. I want to see heroes and villains from one side teaming up to take down the other side god damn it.
    No need to worry about that since Capcom hardly ever includes villains on their side of the roster. Wesker, Nemesis and Bison are the only Capcom villains I can think of that made playable appearances.
    I'm not so sure that Rikurikumore is telling the truth anymore. I don't like calling people liars, and it's possible that his source is simply misinformed or has access to outdated information, but I was recently made aware of a few things that discredit some of Rikurikumore's claims. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234498335&postcount=7631

Well, fuck.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ask Lupinko

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

• DeadpoolBubDeadpoolBub Joined: Posts: 336
    Legend II wrote: »
    Seems like hints about Bison and Juggernaut.

From who?
    I'm not so sure that Rikurikumore is telling the truth anymore. I don't like calling people liars, and it's possible that his source is simply misinformed or has access to outdated information, but I was recently made aware of a few things that discredit some of Rikurikumore's claims. I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234498335&postcount=7631

Well, fuck.

Well, that was fun for a bit I guess.
    Ask Lupinko

Lupinko either doesn't know anything this time or doesn't want to reveal anything.
    No need to worry about that since Capcom hardly ever includes villains on their side of the roster. Wesker, Nemesis and Bison are the only Capcom villains I can think of that made playable appearances.

I think technically, Vergil, Akuma, and Firebrand count as villains.

Capcom Villains are cool and all, but it's not like they're as interesting and recognizeable as Doom or Magneto or Venom
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,450
    Ask Lupinko

@supertroll
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 766
    Most Marvel villains are layered enough to fight alongside heroes for the right reasons. There aren't a lot of Capcom villains that can do the same, so I'm not expecting very many to be playable (Capcom was never keen on providing thorough backstories to their villains). There may be unplayable ones that serve as minions/heralds/mid-bosses, however. Depends on how fleshed out this story mode is. Two months until we know where the hell this game is at...
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
    The problem with villains from the Capcom side is that they have a lot of obscure franchises to pick, and even the protagonists are barely recognizable, so we only get villains from heavily represented franchises like SF, RE, DMC and DS. Although fans would love to see an Okami villain or Alastor, they would be literal whos for most people. The only villain from an obscure franchise that I think people would recognize as much as the protagonist is Fou-lu, but I'm a BOF fanboy, so I might be biased.
    Vergil, Wesker and Akuma will most likely come back, Sigma has a big chance of being in, and if the leaks are true, there's also Jedah and maybe Firebrand/Astaroth.
    For story reasons, I would like Akuma to sit out this time and give his SF spot to Bison. He is the only villain that can match Wesker's level of keikaku. The rest just want to fuck up the protagonist. Also, VT Bison is Marvel as fuck.
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 565
    Oh shit incoming news soon?

Well get hyped everybody.
    A bif of info could really help into building hype for E3.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,234
    So I hear there was an MvCI press event in Germany a few days ago and that the embargo lifts at the end of the week. There are some big surprises in store, which I'm not going to spoil out of respect to Capcom.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234529477&postcount=7683

Let's fucking go!!

Everybody prepare to be disappointed
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited April 23
    It's Ryce, so there's a good chance it could be true. Either way, we'll find out soon.
    Post edited by VenomMelendez on
  • RAW_GutsRAW_Guts Joined: Posts: 565
    edited April 23
    So I take it maybe next weekend we may get news?
    Most likely. Friday is when the embargo will be lifted, so the weekend is a good bet.
    So what info do you guys think we might get?
    edited April 23
    Small things I'd imagine, but enough to keep us talking until E3.

I.e Release date, pre-order editions/bonuses, character silhouettes, button layout, story synopsis etc.
    Rip sig.
    Yeah, pretty much what Cyber said.

And I'd be perfectly fine with that.

I wanna see that damn HUD!!
    edited April 24
    My money's on full gameplay footage using already established characters. One full match