MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• KiyaaKingKiyaaKing Joined: Posts: 1,060

Go to 53 seconds when Morrigan starts doing her combo.

Someone recently discovered the weird bat effects around Ryu when Morrigan came in and started hitting him. The effects are still around when she tags Cap back in. Status effect?

Yeah, it seems so. I was going to save my speculation for after we got new info, but it's been over a month so w/e. I have a feeling Morrigan can inflict a slow-acting meter drain effect that goes away after a set time or when she's hit, similar to Fang's poison in SFV. That way it forces her opponent to be aggressive while she tries to zone.

Since this game is going to be 2v2 w/o assists Capcom could be working in unique passives/mechanics for each character a la Aksys games (SFV has used this to an extent as well) to keep gameplay fresh and to give a higher ceiling for character mastery. I know not everyone likes that kind of design but I think it might be good for this game, considering so much of the gameplay is normalized.
    My Characters/Teams:
    UMvC3 - Spider-Man/Magneto/Dante, Zero/Dante/Strider, Doom/Dormammu/Dante
    SSF4 - Juri, Yun, El Fuerte
    Injustice - Flash, Zod, Lex Luthor
    Skullgirls - Cerebella/Squigly, Parasoul/Double
    GGXXAC+R - Slayer, Baiken

3DS FC: 5043-2719-7330
  • Xr0s-upXr0s-up Go banana! Joined: Posts: 1,144
    i really hope morrigan stays the same as her mvc3 counterpart. so intuitive to play so i can refer her to new players. plus she's fucking hot so nerds are more likely to stick to the waifu character
    UMvC3: MODOK/Doom/Ammy; Magneto/Arthur/Haggar; Wright/Raccoon/Doom
    Revelator: Johnny

Youtube: Dentalplan
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,142 mod
    edited January 16
    How would you all feel if tag cancels took inspiration from GGXrd's Roman Cancel system? Non-invincible moves can be canceled in their startup for half a super, while all other cancels cost as much as a super. This makes tagging out during a projectile feel more like calling a lockdown assist in older games, and for 1 bar you get the best aspects of a crossover counter and old-school AA assists.
    It's interesting, but at the same time, I feel that it changes the way meter is used for damage too much from traditional Marvel where meter primarily is used for taking on damage at the end of a combo via hypers. By copying GG, you risk making the meter management like GG where supers aren't used as much to add massive amounts of damage at the end of a combo.
    I don't really like the SFxT tag system because it is more designed around combo extensions than playing a neutral with both characters.
    Agreed.

This is why I'd prefer a cooldown period similar to how assists had a cooldown in the 3v3 games. Just make it variable so that raw tags have a shorter cooldown, but using it as a cancel on hit or on block has a longer one.

Go to 53 seconds when Morrigan starts doing her combo.

Someone recently discovered the weird bat effects around Ryu when Morrigan came in and started hitting him. The effects are still around when she tags Cap back in. Status effect?

Same bat effect also appears when she does her Darkness Illusion hyper, also off a tag in.
    Post edited by d3v on
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,885
    brainfraud wrote: »
    That Ten Count person is claiming Powerstone will be announced today at Nintendo Switch event, also UMVC3 port will be announced for Switch and that there will be a MvCI surprise.

Take it for what its worth, by the end of today we'll know whos full of shit for sure though.

EDIT: I don't believe them but this person is going out on a limb and at this point if they are proven incorrect and false it reveals they are fake, losing all credibility and ending their lil joke.

Checking their twitter they continue qualify a lot of things. If its incorrect like a lot of us believe we'll finally have our ammunition "this guy/girl lied about the switch event, fuck 'em!"

lmao
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    d3v wrote: »
    Same bat effect also appears when she does her Eternal Slumber hyper, also off a tag in.

She has Eternal Slumber in this game?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Same bat effect also appears when she does her Eternal Slumber hyper, also off a tag in.

She has Eternal Slumber in this game?

Sorry, I meant Darkness Illusion.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,811
    Hmm, Morrigan just tagged out after an air lancher, and Cap picked up the combo no problem. Now THIS is casual friendly. Way better than TACs.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,914
    Why do I have a feeling that the 2v2 was more ComboFiends idea?
    I'm going to try MVC:I but seriously if it doesn't give me my crack I'm
    done with the series until it returns to format.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,989 mod

Don't kid yourself. Soon as they announce MODOK you're locked in.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

edited January 16

Don't kid yourself. Soon as they announce MODOK you're locked in.

As much as I love Head they'd need to seriously give his moveset some thought
    without any assists. No way am I going to play a character without any decent lows
    a huge frame, and almost no way to hit a low profile character in a game that boils
    down to neutral followed by 400 hit combo. Very few MODOKS could make his
    assistless neutral look badass. Towards the end of my playing I was told I was probably
    one of the most maneuverable DOKS people saw but shit even I didn't pretend I wasn't
    running a Mini Van on a Indie 500.

You know what they should allow? Tagging while your active character is being hit.
    Talk cluster fuck hahaha
    Back to format? It's almost as if people forget that the series has been 2v2 with no assists before.

Your point being? I like the 3 vs 3 better with assists.
    And what THIS is, when it's tagging during a combo shit
    is back to neither ha
  • eyekantspeleeyekantspele Joined: Posts: 51
    Back to format? It's almost as if people forget that the series has been 2v2 with no assists before.

That said, I feel like we'll likely see less "unique" characters like MODOK this time out.That seems more Niitsuma's thing (I mean, the guy gave us giants in TvC), than anything Hirose has done in previous games.

has Hirose ever directed a game before this one?
    edited January 16

That said, I feel like we'll likely see less "unique" characters like MODOK this time out.That seems more Niitsuma's thing (I mean, the guy gave us giants in TvC), than anything Hirose has done in previous games.

has Hirose ever directed a game before this one?

Dunno, been searching around, but details on what he worked on after 2008 are lacking. All that's listed is games he programmed, which ranges from XvSF, CvS, Project Justice, to Monster Hunter.

That said, game director is still usually the natural progression from being a programmer and/or designer (something he's both done).
    edited January 16
    Saitsu wrote: »

Your point being? I like the 3 vs 3 better with assists.
    And what THIS is, when it's tagging during a combo shit
    is back to neither ha

No one really cares what you like better, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

There have literally been just as many 2v2 No Assist Games, as there have been 2v2 With Assist and 3v3 with Assist and this was all before MvC:I's announcement.

There isn't any set format for Vs. Series titles other than having multiple people on a squad.

Good thing I'm not the only one that shares this opinion. Thanks for sharing wait, who cares what you think.
    I'm sure capcom will care if people find that this format is ass. Internet roasts are awesome. All the tours in the world
    won't make up for an ass game format.
    How can you even call 2v2 with no assists ass, when one of the best entries in the Versus series (IMO second only to MvC2) was 2v2 with no assists?
    edited January 16
    There's more than a couple who prefer 3 vs 3 but you knew that. I get it though, you like 2 vs 2. That or your defending the game in a "Don't complain about a game that's not out yet" kind of way. Do you buds.
    Glad you're so loyal to the genre.
    How can you even call 2v2 with no assists ass, when one of the best entries in the Versus series (IMO second only to MvC2) was 2v2 with no assists?

Out of curiosity which one do you think is one of the best?
    edited January 16
    Not counting the first two, non-tag games.

1. MvC2
    2. XvSF
    3. UMvC3 and MvC1 (tie)
    5. MvSF
    edited January 16

XvsSF while I liked it was hot dog shit, but cool, at least I see where you're coming from. I honestly liked COTA and MSH better than those as actual games. MvsSF was just okay to me.
    The 3 vs 3 format was that much more enjoyable to me hands down. As far as current gamers it also seems to be the most popular but eh. Nobody seems to talk fondly of Xvs SF or almost
    anything before MvC2 on a regular basis.

Who knows, the game is still in development. It might become my favorite despite my initial impression.

edited January 16
    XvSF on paper should play like a 2v2 version of UMvC3. However, in practice, the game plays has much more emphasis on neutral since not everything leads to a TOD (that, plus the inherrent "sloppiness" you feel in these older games with less buffering and hitstop). The lack of assists also played into this, while movement was much more important since you couldn't lock opponents down and had to actually chase them. Yes, it does have a ton of infinites, but these, or more precisely, the freedom that allows for these, are what make it in the eyes of older players, the most fun to play in the series. The is especially evident when compared to MSHvSF which tried to remove almost all the infinite combo archetypes, but ended up being the most hated game of the series, because it made everyone too bland, too similar to each other.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,217
    Real talk lack of news is killing hype a bit. Better reveal some shit soon capcom...
    edited January 16
    XvSF on paper should play like a 2v2 version of UMvC3. However, in practice, the game plays has much more emphasis on neutral since not everything leads to a TOD (that, plus the inherrent "sloppiness" you feel in these older games with less buffering and hitstop). The lack of assists also played into this, while movement was much more important since you couldn't lock opponents down and had to actually chase them. Yes, it does have a ton of infinites, but these, or more precisely, the freedom that allows for these, are what make it in the eyes of older players, the most fun to play in the series. The is especially evident when compared to MSHvSF which tried to remove almost all the infinite combo archetypes, but ended up being the most hated game of the series, because it made everyone too bland, too similar to each other.

See this is why I love MvC2, and even broken ass UMVC3. There was variety and lots of broken shit. The 3 vs 3 added to it along with the assists. Superior format imo. XvSF is good nostalgia, but honestly doing the cyclops infinite over and over would get old very, very fast. Shit doing Sabrtooths infinite over and over got old very fast. There's a reason why people never ask to revisit the game. It was fun, but ultimately utter dog shit for longevity.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,866
    Real talk lack of news is killing hype a bit. Better reveal some shit soon capcom...

It's been a month. It's too soon for thrust.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • brainfraudbrainfraud Joined: Posts: 255

It's been a month. It's too soon for thrust.

It does suck that its been 43 days since last reveal.

The real bummer would be no news for all of January, that would be 58 days. :(

Taipei Game Show Jan 19-24 and PAX South Jan 27-29 are most likely the last hope for any January reveals.

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,286
    I'd wager on PAX South
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • VenomMelendezVenomMelendez All Hail M.O.D.O.K.! Joined: Posts: 790
    I heard there would be a UMVC3 tourny at PAX South on the 27. So what are the chances of a character announcement going on then?
    M.O.D.O.K. Avengers A.I.M. soldier!
    With the freeform tag system, I hope they still keep the obnoxious space control. Hopefully I can do that without mashing dat a2

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited January 17
    Just hope you can play any team. Let me have my big guys and don't make them useless.

I won't complain about broken shit if everyone has broken shit

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

edited January 17
    Some of you must have gotten blown up by assists a lot lol! Anyway looking forward to see the community break this game.
    i look forward to the return of secret top tier thor and columbian gods

Marvel may be like yo, our characters can't be getting wh00ped for free this time around.
    "Why ain't nobody playing Spidey in these finals? Where's friggin Thor?" It would be hilarious
    if the top tier revolved around Marvel characters.
  • eyekantspeleeyekantspele Joined: Posts: 51
    edited January 17
    I have my doubts more on modern Capcom than the 2v2 system personally.
    edited January 17
    Marvel may be like yo, our characters can't be getting wh00ped for free this time around.
    "Why ain't nobody playing Spidey in these finals? Where's friggin Thor?" It would be hilarious
    if the top tier revolved around Marvel characters.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo MvC2 then?

Ha, didn't think about that. I like it! Wasn't Dhalsim secret Japanese top tier though?
    No? Least Captain Commando got a lot of action. I suppose Marvel didn't do so bad in UMVC3
    either.
This discussion has been closed.