MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC is 4 Marvel characters, 2 Capcom. Black Widow confirmed

Comments

• GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,558
    edited June 21
    All I can do is laugh. I mean it was pretty obvious just by how sloppily this game appears to have been cobbled together combined with its terrible promotion. Most guys here just wanna push buttons so it's not gonna change anything anyway, but it is a sad state of affairs if (who are we kidding) true.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 609
    edited June 21
    Sevans wrote: »
    They already announced it; the beta will be out on September 19th.

B)

Close thread!
    Post edited by flicky on
  • atiradoratirador It means "shooter", don't ask Joined: Posts: 1,618
    Xhominid wrote: »
    atirador wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    po pimpus wrote: »

Post this in a year's time

I will when DBFZ outsells this shit 10-1, despite the headstart Infinite DLC has.

10-1?

HAHAHAHAHA

I usually like your posts, po, but I'm quoting this one just for the (future) LOLZ

Dude you must be crazy if you believe Marvel beats DBZ game wise in sales because they never do.

I don't really like predictions like this but it's entirley possible that DBZ might outsell MVCI, but to outsell it 10 to 1 would be crazy...

My guess would be that MVCI sells close to a 1M, so there's no way in hell DBZ will sell close to 10M

Best case scenario is one of these games selling something like 2 or 3M

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,294
    Both will sell just fine. Don't get your panties in a bunch folks.
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,497
    It appears Power Storm negate pushblock.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,368 mod
    Po about to burn down Disneyland.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,890
    edited June 21
    Tbh I'd be interested to see a Smash-like Marvel Superheroes game. That could be really fun. And Marvel says they're interested in bringing casual players and this game looks way too technical for scrub players... a Smash-like game would be quite interesting and fun.
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 609
    Magegg wrote: »
    Tbh I'd be interested to see a Smash-like Marvel Superheroes game. That could be really fun. And Marvel says they're interested in bringing casual players and this game looks way too technical for scrub players... a Smash-like game would be quite interesting and fun.

There's plenty of casual Marvel games for casual players to play. Smash Melee to be fair is actually very technical at high levels, the techniques, skill and execution rivals that of MvC2 when taken seriously and is just as insane to play against. You've got techniques like air dodge, short hop, fast fall and L (frame) cancelling, all used together to create ridiculously fast tri jump and long jump movement options, combined with certain characters these techniques develop into (feint cancels) technical combos and even infinities. It's a nice thought but a recommendation like Smash isn't going to make casual players happy, it is in fact what caused such huge arguments and rifts in the Smash community to begin with, and that will just be the same if hardcore players took a liking to it.
  • unofficialdocumentunofficialdocument GG EZ Joined: Posts: 1,637
    I think that's a fake leak. Way too detailed, but it doesn't matter to me, I guess. None of my favorites are in the game anyway.
    Stay golden, my friend!
  • willselesswillseless Joined: Posts: 2,497
    I've seen somewhere that the space surge has armor. Is that true?
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,650

smash makes no sense in a world where people can fly though. I dont understand why people still play it with the "king of the hill" aspect taken out and the infinite recoveries. its just a terrible fighting game at that point.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Smash is more of a fighting game than Marvel could ever be.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,294
    Damn young people and their smash.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    Rorshock wrote: »
    PSYCH0J0SH wrote: »
    Smash is more of a fighting game than Marvel could ever be.

This triggered me.

Good

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

• quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 3,235
    Smash is a party game, I'm sure Mario kart can be technical too
    edited June 21
    flicky wrote: »
    There's plenty of casual Marvel games for casual players to play.
    But they're not awesome.
    Smash Melee to be fair is actually very technical at high levels
    Casual players enjoy Smash a lot, though, and I think all these superheroes being in a sort of "platforming" fighter could have more interesting uses for their powers, like flying, Spidey's webshooting, spells with more unexpected effects, also imagine interactive Marvel stages and items (Ultimate Nullifier?), to be able to fight in a hellicarrier, crazier uses of the Infinity Stones, etcetera...

Back when the crossover was STREET FIGHTER vs the Marvel characters, the franchise made sense. But nowadays MvC gameplay feels way too old and limited, considering everything these superheroes could do... not to mention there are no longer good Capcom characters to fight (Frank West? Phoenix Wright? Spencer?! Are these supposed to be the new "Marvel Stars" comparable to the Marvel Universe?).
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,720

Just frame item pickups?
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 985
    There's plenty of casual Marvel games for casual players to play.
    But they're not awesome.
    Smash Melee to be fair is actually very technical at high levels
    Casual players enjoy Smash a lot, though, and I think all these superheroes being in a sort of "platforming" fighter could have more interesting uses for their powers, like flying, Spidey's webshooting, spells with more unexpected effects, also imagine interactive Marvel stages and items (Ultimate Nullifier?), to be able to fight in a hellicarrier, crazier uses of the Infinity Stones, etcetera...

Back when the crossover was STREET FIGHTER vs the Marvel characters, the franchise made sense. But nowadays MvC gameplay feels way too old and limited, considering everything these superheroes could do... not to mention there are no longer good Capcom characters to fight (Frank West? Phoenix Wright? Spencer?! Are these supposed to be the new "Marvel Stars" comparable to the Marvel Universe?).
    Are you really dissing the homies Phoenix and Frank?
    ckPu0hL.jpg
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha
    ckPu0hL.jpg
    I don't criticize their gameplay, but they're either not fighters at all, or "mr. nobodies" for a supposed "All-Star cast" that we still see in the Marvel side.

Where are the actual superhero guys like Jin, Captain Commando...? Yes, maybe their games didn't have follow-ups, but seriously we're going to have mostly Mr. Nobodies and cartoonish guys like Arthur, Tron or Viewtiful Joe in these games onwards? I think this crossover doesn't make sense anymore. I

I'd rather have a new 100% Marvel Superheroes game, double the Marvel characters and that makes a better roster to me.
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,543
    Good for you.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
    ckPu0hL.jpg
    I don't criticize their gameplay, but they're either not fighters at all, or "mr. nobodies" for a supposed "All-Star cast" that we still see in the Marvel side.

Where are the actual superhero guys like Jin, Captain Commando...? Yes, maybe their games didn't have follow-ups, but seriously we're going to have mostly Mr. Nobodies and cartoonish guys like Arthur, Tron or Viewtiful Joe in these games onwards? I think this crossover doesn't make sense anymore. I

I'd rather have a new 100% Marvel Superheroes game, double the Marvel characters and that makes a better roster to me.
    Frank is a fighter and Ace Attorney is one of the hottest franchises capcom has made in recent memory. I guess you need more stellar characters like fake A-listers like Captain Marvel and Ironheart.
    edited June 21
    Frank is a fighter
    On the level of Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, or Luke Cage? I bet he's even weaker than Dan itself. His fighting style is a joke.
    Ace Attorney is one of the hottest franchises capcom has made in recent memory.
    Not a fighter at all, and a completely ridiculous fighting style.
    I guess you need more stellar characters like fake A-listers like Captain Marvel and Ironheart.
    At least they're powerful.
  • Red Rock CandyRed Rock Candy Totally Outrageous Joined: Posts: 339 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Frank is a fighter and Ace Attorney is one of the hottest franchises capcom has made in recent memory. I guess you need more stellar characters like fake A-listers like Captain Marvel and Ironheart.

Captain Marvel is without a doubt an A-lister.

24/7 Ke$ha.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,392

Just frame item pickups?

There's a guy in my scene who told me that during high school band trips, he'd body everyone in Mario Kart DS on the bus because he used some kind of swerving mechanic that allowed him to easily make sharp turns without having to slow down and still not crash.
  • just5moreminutesjust5moreminutes Eagle will return Joined: Posts: 7,720
    Frank is a fighter
    On the level of Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, or Luke Cage? I bet he's even weaker than Dan itself. His fighting style is a joke.

Frank's Flash Kick can decapitate a zombie instantly in Dead Rising 1. He's at least on par with most of the Street Fighter cast.
    As for Phoenix Wright, well, this is the same series that brought us Roll and Servbot as playable characters. I'd argue that the MvC3 roster was TOO tryhard.
    Frank is a fighter

Frank's Flash Kick can decapitate a zombie instantly in Dead Rising 1. He's at least on par with most of the Street Fighter cast.
    As for Phoenix Wright, well, this is the same series that brought us Roll and Servbot as playable characters. I'd argue that the MvC3 roster was TOO tryhard.

I don't think zombies are a good comparison between Frank and the SFs, because in Dead Rising, normal humans like civilians and psychopaths have considerably more HP and attack power than zombies.
    Frank is a fighter

According to this bozo characters like Servbot and Roll aren't hardcore enough to be in the same game as Marvel characters.
    edited June 21
    I was always against Servbots and Roll, but well, at least they're robots, they must have some sort of special power.

Captain America is definitely a capable superhero, that's all it takes.

Frank is only powerful in his goofy weird tongue in cheek universe, but he shouldn't be able to work within the Marvel Universe. He's nothing but a joke character, and his moves confirm it.

And yeah, I'm pro Squirrel Girl because at least she's THE well-known "absurdly powerful" character of the Marvel Universe. And she has actual superpowers.
    I was always against Servbots and Roll, but well, at least they're robots, they must have some sort of special power.

Captain America is definitely a capable superhero, that's all it takes.

Frank is only powerful in his goofy weird tongue in cheek universe, but he shouldn't be able to work within the Marvel Universe.

And yeah, I'm pro Squirrel Girl because at least she's THE well-known "absurd" character of the Marvel Universe. And she has actual superpowers.
    Then why did you shit on Viewtiful Joe and Arthur. Do you even read comics?
    edited June 21
    Only because they're cartoony. They don't fit with the general Marvel aesthetics.

In the first game, Jin, Captain Commando, Strider... they looked like humans. One could even argue pro Mega Man because he's a robot and that's just his design.

From MvC2, Amingo is another complete cartoon, and Ruby Heart is way too anime and fantastic for a universe like Marvel.
    Viewtiful Joe is certainly powerful enough to hang in Mahvel but I must admit, I was disappointed when MVC3 made him even more super-deformed than in his own game. I was hoping we'd get a life-sized Joe to go with life-sized Dante.
    Only because they're cartoony. They don't fit with the general Marvel aesthetics.

In the first game, Jin, Captain Commando, Strider... they looked like humans. One could even argue pro Mega Man because he's a robot and that's just his design.

From MvC2, Amingo is another complete cartoon, and Ruby Heart is way too anime and fantastic for a universe like Marvel.
    You're a moron. You say someone is "anime" in reference to Ruby heart when you have Jin Saotome and sprites from SFA in MVC2. Nigga you're done. Stick to injustice.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 846
    Good fucking job everyone.
    You inspired an article about shilling.

I hope you're all proud of yourselves.