MVC Infinite Lounge: Monter Hunter is U N G G A W A I F U 4 U N G G A L A I F U

1248249251253254482

Comments

  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 21
    The problem here is that Capcom has no longer produced characters that could fit with the Marvel cast.
    • So far, I'd say Dante and the other DmC characters are probably only ones we can rescue. Amaterasu and Haggar got a pass from me, I mean, Amaterasu is a folklore character and at least Haggar is a fighter and hero on his own.
    • Introducing Nemesis as a fighter was really good. Resident Evil franchise went off rails by "empowering" their human characters in a ridiculous way, but anyway, they also have a pass.
    • Frank West, Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright... all of them are from their "new" star franchises, but they're zero on superhero material or their cartoony aesthetics doesn't fit at all with Marvel.
    I'd rather want them to go back to Cyberbots and Captain Commando characters (only not Devilot - way too anime cliché). They should bring more Darkstalkers and Red Earth characters, Breath of Fire characters, even Star Gladiator characters to fit the game. They might be old franchises, but they do fit with the Marvel superhero theme.

    They should also bring Gene and Asura, they fit with the Marvel cast. Rather than Spencer, a character no one wanted from a game that wasn't popular at all. I mean, he fits with the Marvel cast, but they didn't have to bring him back for second time. They should simply have another character with a kind of similar gameplay (for the people who used them in MvC3) for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite.
    You're a moron. You say someone is "anime" in reference to Ruby heart when you have Jin Saotome and sprites from SFA in MVC2.
    Jin could pass as a Japanese Marvel character. He's just a guy with a headband in a giant robot. Ruby Heart is a stylish design with traditional anime-styled fantastic and ridiculous powers; wouldn't fit with Marvel at all.

    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Viewtiful Joe is certainly powerful enough to hang in Mahvel but I must admit, I was disappointed when MVC3 made him even more super-deformed than in his own game. I was hoping we'd get a life-sized Joe to go with life-sized Dante.
    I thought about this too... but I guess Capcom would feel changing their characters' native aesthetics would be a betrayal for their franchises.

    Again, the problem here is that Capcom stopped producing characters that could fit with the Marvel cast.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,279
    edited June 21
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Viewtiful Joe is certainly powerful enough to hang in Mahvel but I must admit, I was disappointed when MVC3 made him even more super-deformed than in his own game. I was hoping we'd get a life-sized Joe to go with life-sized Dante.

    This really stuck out to me because when he was revealed I was so hype at all his powers being transferred into MVC3. He would have supers that would increase his speed for insane mixups, slow you opponent down (and literally everything else they do such as fireballs or supers), etc etc etc (I'm salty they didnt give him a level 3 or use his zoom fuction for empowered normals and specials). Lol. He would be op if I designed his character for the game. I can feel po's disappointment with megaman. I'm not even a megaman fan but he has a really underwhelming kit.

    Guess the point I'm trying to make here is when it comes to creating a character someone that knows the character with passion should create them. Or at least lead the team into a right direction so that the character is true to him/herself.

    I think C.Viper was done well on that note. Burning supers for empowered specials was really cool.

    back to cryo

    edit for clarity: i know its a company. priority is money. everything else is a gift.
  • ZacharaZachara Joined: Posts: 853
    Frank is a fighter and Ace Attorney is one of the hottest franchises capcom has made in recent memory. I guess you need more stellar characters like fake A-listers like Captain Marvel and Ironheart.

    Captain Marvel is without a doubt an A-lister.

    Her comics have less sales than Aris has subscibers. She only feels like an a lister because marvel has an SJW agenda and wants to push her butch ass design.

    That and she was so horrendously written in Civil War 2 that her sales dropped even lower. She went from "OK I can see what they're going for" to "Genuinely unlikeable for any reason other than ideological".
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    She's Marvel and she's powerful, so she fits with the game. In fact, basically any Marvel superhero could fit with the game. We're not talking about putting JJ Jameson or Pepper Potts as playable characters. So, she's perfectly viable. They could include C-lister characters like Marrow in the game, because Marvel is a popular universe per se (unlike Dead Rising or Bionic Commando).

  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,279
    edited June 21
    to get pass characters like Hagger being in the game i assume he is a demi-god.
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,003
    Magegg wrote: »
    The problem here is that Capcom has no longer produced characters that could fit with the Marvel cast.
    • So far, I'd say Dante and the other DmC characters are probably only ones we can rescue. Amaterasu and Haggar got a pass from me, I mean, Amaterasu is a folklore character and at least Haggar is a fighter and hero on his own.
    • Introducing Nemesis as a fighter was really good. Resident Evil franchise went off rails by "empowering" their human characters in a ridiculous way, but anyway, they also have a pass.
    • Frank West, Viewtiful Joe, Phoenix Wright... all of them are from their "new" star franchises, but they're zero on superhero material or their cartoony aesthetics doesn't fit at all with Marvel.
    I'd rather want them to go back to Cyberbots and Captain Commando characters (only not Devilot - way too anime cliché). They should bring more Darkstalkers and Red Earth characters, Breath of Fire characters, even Star Gladiator characters to fit the game. They might be old franchises, but they do fit with the Marvel superhero theme.

    They should also bring Gene and Asura, they fit with the Marvel cast. Rather than Spencer, a character no one wanted from a game that wasn't popular at all. I mean, he fits with the Marvel cast, but they didn't have to bring him back for second time. They should simply have another character with a kind of similar gameplay (for the people who used them in MvC3) for Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite.
    You're a moron. You say someone is "anime" in reference to Ruby heart when you have Jin Saotome and sprites from SFA in MVC2.
    Jin could pass as a Japanese Marvel character. He's just a guy with a headband in a giant robot. Ruby Heart is a stylish design with traditional anime-styled fantastic and ridiculous powers; wouldn't fit with Marvel at all.

    Psychoblue wrote: »
    Viewtiful Joe is certainly powerful enough to hang in Mahvel but I must admit, I was disappointed when MVC3 made him even more super-deformed than in his own game. I was hoping we'd get a life-sized Joe to go with life-sized Dante.
    I thought about this too... but I guess Capcom would feel changing their characters' native aesthetics would be a betrayal for their franchises.

    Again, the problem here is that Capcom stopped producing characters that could fit with the Marvel cast.
    Let me dissect this garbage ass post.
    "Viewtiful Joe - but they're zero on superhero material"
    Even though...Viewtiful Joe...is a super hero.
    Yeah, alright.
    " their cartoony aesthetics doesn't fit at all with Marvel"
    This sounds like some arbitrary standard made up by someone who only watches the fucking marvel movies. Pick up a couple books and you'll see that there are many different artstyles and interpretations in Marvel's lineup.
    "I'd rather want them to go back to Cyberbots and Captain Commando characters (only not Devilot - way too anime cliché)"
    I'm a fan of Jin Saotome, he's one of my favorite characters that was in MVC1 and MVC2, and I hope he comes back.
    But you're a complete retard when it comes to him getting a "pass" over someone like Devilotte. Everything about him is a throwback to the Super Robot genre of anime. Stop trying to hide behind this fucking anime buzzword that you're using to describe anything you don't like.
    You're essentially saying that characters shouldn't be in because you don't like them, while being (possibly) willfully ignorant about the differing tones and artstyles of Marvel characters.
    Like I said, stick to injustice.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 21
    GhostTear wrote: »
    to get pass characters like Hagger being in the game i assume he is a demi-god.
    He's sort of part of the Street Fighter expanded universe, and we know how well the Street Fighter fit with the X-Men/Marvel characters in the first games.
    Pick up a couple books and you'll see that there are many different artstyles and interpretations in Marvel's lineup.
    Marvel doesn't have any comic book with superdeformed characters sharing the scene with regular humans. Joe is supposed to be human but he doesn't look like one, so doesn't fit at all with the cast.
    But you're a complete retard when it comes to him getting a "pass" over someone like Devilotte. Everything about him is a throwback to the Super Robot genre of anime. Stop trying to hide behind this fucking anime buzzword that you're using to describe anything you don't like.
    Devilot is a comedic "evil rich girl" anime cliche with goofy supernatural anime sidekicks which are in turn other Japanese comedic stereotypes. It's just too Japanese to go in without being re-interpreted.

    Jin can pass as any American action hero, he's totally a Rob Liefeld '90s era hero, not too different to Cable or X-Man, he's got that exact personality. Yes, he has a giant robot but giant robots can be a thing in the Marvel universe, we've had some of them in comics like Big Hero Six.
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,279
    Magegg wrote: »
    He's sort of part of the Street Fighter expanded universe, and we know how well the Street Fighter fit with the X-Men/Marvel characters in the first games.

    Lol yeah. It was when he was revealed through me off a little. Frank West was cool because of his specials and gimmick he had with the camera. I use to laugh at lot when Haggar would throw his body at dormammu. His chest stronger than a gods.
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 21
    Rashid and Urien/Gill or even Necalli... they would have fit the roster better than having to recycle again Arthur and Chris and Spencer, and also promote Street Fighter V/fanservice the people who bought the game.


    Capcom is like "you can sort of play a new MvC game" once you buy again the whole same roster from the previous game and pay for the story mode MvC3 should have included by default..." I would like to be able to play as more than half a dozen characters that are new to the series without having to pay extra...
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,003
    Magegg wrote: »
    GhostTear wrote: »
    to get pass characters like Hagger being in the game i assume he is a demi-god.
    He's sort of part of the Street Fighter expanded universe, and we know how well the Street Fighter fit with the X-Men/Marvel characters in the first games.
    Pick up a couple books and you'll see that there are many different artstyles and interpretations in Marvel's lineup.
    Marvel doesn't have any comic book with superdeformed characters sharing the scene with regular humans. Joe is supposed to be human but he doesn't look like one, so doesn't fit at all with the cast.
    But you're a complete retard when it comes to him getting a "pass" over someone like Devilotte. Everything about him is a throwback to the Super Robot genre of anime. Stop trying to hide behind this fucking anime buzzword that you're using to describe anything you don't like.
    Devilot is a comedic "evil rich girl" anime cliche with goofy supernatural anime sidekicks which are in turn other Japanese comedic stereotypes. It's just too Japanese to go in without being re-interpreted.

    Jin can pass as any American action hero, he's totally a Rob Liefeld '90s era hero, not too different to Cable or X-Man, he's got that exact personality. Yes, he has a giant robot but giant robots can be a thing in the Marvel universe, we've had some of them in comics like Big Hero Six.
    "Jin can pass as any American action hero, he's totally a Rob Liefeld '90s era hero, not too different to Cable or X-Man, he's got that exact personality."
    You have no idea what you're talking about. He's a hotblooded shounen protag.
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    "Jin can pass as any American action hero, he's totally a Rob Liefeld '90s era hero, not too different to Cable or X-Man, he's got that exact personality."
    You have no idea what you're talking about. He's a hotblooded shounen protag.
    Which is not too different to what "extreme" Marvel heroes from the nineties were.

    There's a reason why Wolverine and Cable were so popular in Japan the Japanese openings gave them a lot of protagonism, even when they didn't have it in the show:

  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 21
    There are hotblooded superheroes in American comics, similar to Jin. Like Cable or Guy Gardner.

    What there's not in American comics is comically weird/over-the-top stereotypical rich and spoiled evil young girls. That's a completely Japanese thing that wouldn't fit in an American comic at all.

    I'd say Karin wouldn't fit with the Marvel comics cast either, but at least she's not as stereotypically comical and over the top as Devilot, and she has less "fantasy" sidekicks attached like Devilot.

    Tron doesn't fit either.


    But like @Prophylactus says, after they introduced a new, expressely designed for the game, dancing fat Mexican cactus complete with maracas, a sombrero and cartoonish sound effects, into MvC2, it's pretty clear Marvel doesn't give a shit about having any semblance of congruency within the roster. That doesn't mean I have to like that, either.
  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 640
    To the players who had some time with MvC:I, what kind of movement did Captain Marvel, Thanos and Ultron have? E.G. normal jump tri dashing, super jump tri dashing, normal wave dashing, etc. etc. Just trying to get a feel for what I should be practicing in 3, that will be transferable to infinite if anything at all.
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

    1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

    http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

    When I Miss, Salt >:(

    http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,999
    I think most would've liked to have seen Jin return. He has a huge Cyberbot mecha, which is cool, and he dries his ass with a towel extremely fast.

    But seriously, I wonder if the idea of Jin came up. I have a feeling we'll definitely be seeing CapCom at some point, but only time will tell. Hayato? Probably not.

    Magegg, this is a mashup of both universes. It's not supposed to make sense. The weird characters are the best inclusions, imo. I don't want an all-star based game to make sense. I just want it to be fun. I didn't know shit about Sonson back in MVC2 and thought she was strange as fuck fighting amongst all of these cool characters I've known since I was a kid. That didn't take away from the fun factor.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 21
    Magegg, this is a mashup of both universes.
    They're not even two universes. The Marvel universe is one, but the Capcom side is composed of multiple universes from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Ghouls and Ghosts, DmC, Mega Man, etcetera, mashed up together in a nonsensical way.
    It's not supposed to make sense.
    It made, in the beginning. The X-men/SF and Marvel/Capcom 1 roster matchups were really cool. Up to Marvel vs Capcom 1 I think I might have bought the idea that Capcom could have been their own universe, because all the characters more or less fit together (I mean, Strider, Captain Commando, Jin, Ryu... all these character could have been parts of a comprehensive, if alternate, universe).
    Then the game went crazy with MvC2 and its dancing Mexican cactus.
    The weird characters are the best inclusions, imo. I don't want an all-star based game to make sense. I just want it to be fun. I didn't know shit about Sonson back in MVC2 and thought she was strange as fuck fighting amongst all of these cool characters I've known since I was a kid. That didn't take away from the fun factor.
    I respect that. Each one its own.



    Trivia fact:

    When I was a kid I used to think this guy in the motorcycle was Jin
    telXKq3ysUX5NfvN2wxmi0rFiYCL8u7w0skTlVLD2-IIKEv7vK4uVsLN8q9lwa4CdKLddth4mbiNSAyRwys9c_fI099Yj9ob0F9hbf_WE1z4r-c=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu
  • ProphylactusProphylactus Preventer of Worlds Joined: Posts: 86
    edited June 21
    Magegg wrote: »
    But like @Prophylactus says, after they introduced a new, expressely designed for the game, dancing fat Mexican cactus complete with maracas, a sombrero and cartoonish sound effects, into MvC2, it's pretty clear Marvel doesn't give a shit about having any semblance of congruency within the roster. That doesn't mean I have to like that, either.

    Damn, that Amingo burn was so cutting and accurate I felt it.


    mvc_amingo_electrocuted_by_chamat-dadz6hh.gif
  • VhoziteVhozite Booty Worshipper Joined: Posts: 3,097
    edited June 21
    Even though it's just his opinion, I can see where Magegg is coming from. When I fired up the demo my reaction to Arthur (who I've never seen) was something along the lines of "what the hell is this ugly trash".

    That said, the Raccoon fucker looks just as out of place to me as any weird second-stringer Capcom might pull out, even if he us in a movie. I prefer almost every fighter be a serious try-hard like MK. But that's me.

    Basically everyone has their own taste I guess.
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,585
    Is there a reason the MVCI section was moved down the front forum page?
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • flickyflicky Joined: Posts: 641
    Is there a reason the MVCI section was moved down the front forum page?
    Forum renovations, other things have changed too.
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 21
    Magegg wrote: »
    I'd rather want them to go back to Cyberbots and Captain Commando characters (only not Devilot - way too anime cliché).

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,643
    edited June 21
    The casuals do not seems to be liking this game.

    The graphics are not good. Graphics are huge blow on that front. The characters cast are mostly rehashes and a couple new characters. I am excited for Captain Marvel but no one else.
    Where are the hype character reveal trailer? It is pretty late for them even at this point.

    Gameplay looks solid. I thought this game was toned down but it is looking closer to maybe UMvC3.
    Will get really crazy. Landing that first attack so can you do your tag shenanigans are going to be crucial.

    Although yea they should have made the game 3v3 to be honest with you.

    Good gameplay doesn't sell the game to casuals.

    Why do I care for casuals?

    I don't want to end up with this on the PS4 when the game got outsourced.

    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 21
    k4polo wrote: »
    The casuals do not seems to be liking this game.

    The graphics are not good. Graphics are huge blow on that front. The characters cast are mostly rehashes and a couple new characters.

    Although yea they should have made the game 3v3 to be honest with you.
    The sheer fact you can only select up to 2 characters this time is going to be a big turnoff for a lot of people, I guess. Then many of the actually new (not returning) characters hidden behind a paywall, that's just going to be even more tedious for them. They'll stick to UMvC3 probably.

    Seriously, Capcom, what were you thinking? :/
  • k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,643
    Magegg wrote: »
    k4polo wrote: »
    The casuals do not seems to be liking this game.

    The graphics are not good. Graphics are huge blow on that front. The characters cast are mostly rehashes and a couple new characters.

    Although yea they should have made the game 3v3 to be honest with you.
    The sheer fact you can only select up to 2 characters this time is going to be a big turnoff for a lot of people, I guess. Then many of the actually new (not returning) characters hidden behind a paywall, that's just going to be even more tedious for them. They'll stick to UMvC3 probably.

    Seriously, Capcom, what were you thinking? :/

    UMvC3 brought more hype than this game so far and UMvC3 was an expansion.

    The presentation for this game was just terrible. Marketing starts early. First impression are big these days.
    Also removing the X-men was a big blow. I don't think they had a choice but still a blow.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    edited June 22
    What it's sad in a funny way is that all these people doing wishlists for the new characters will probably end up getting just around 0.5% of the characters they actually wanted to be able to play with.

    No one that I've seen was asking a lot for Thanos and Ultron, Captain Marvel or Gamora. Black Panther was a requested character but he's behind a paywall. WTF!

    We see no sign of Loki, Kamala, Asura, Silver Surfer, Gene, Falcon, Lord Raptor, Black Bolt, Carnage...
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,558
    This stupid conversation gets even funnier when you realise that Marvel has a talking Raccoon with a gun. How does Joe not fit in?
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,912
    Already explained it. Rocket is already part of the Marvel universe, he might be a weird alien that looks like a raccoon but weird races are valid in science fiction.

    Joe is supposed to be a human but looks nothing like the other humans of the roster (aside from Arthur, I guess), so nope, he doesn't fit.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,455 mod
    edited June 22
    Psychoblue wrote: »
    quicks wrote: »
    Smash is a party game, I'm sure Mario kart can be technical too

    Just frame item pickups?

    There's a guy in my scene who told me that during high school band trips, he'd body everyone in Mario Kart DS on the bus because he used some kind of swerving mechanic that allowed him to easily make sharp turns without having to slow down and still not crash.

    Ahh snaking. Too bad Nintendo is dead set on removing every sort of advanced movement people discover on Mario Kart.
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    To the players who had some time with MvC:I, what kind of movement did Captain Marvel, Thanos and Ultron have? E.G. normal jump tri dashing, super jump tri dashing, normal wave dashing, etc. etc. Just trying to get a feel for what I should be practicing in 3, that will be transferable to infinite if anything at all.

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • GrieversGunbladeGrieversGunblade Joined: Posts: 313
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    This stupid conversation gets even funnier when you realise that Marvel has a talking Raccoon with a gun. How does Joe not fit in?

    Don't forget Howard the Duck.
    Ultra Street Fighter IV: Vega, Blanka, Decapre
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Dante, Zero, Wolverine
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,984
    Magegg wrote: »
    What it's sad in a funny way is that all these people doing wishlists for the new characters will probably end up getting just around 0.5% of the characters they actually wanted to be able to play with.

    No one that I've seen was asking a lot for Thanos and Ultron, Captain Marvel or Gamora. Black Panther was a requested character but he's behind a paywall. WTF!

    We see no sign of Loki, Kamala, Asura, Silver Surfer, Gene, Falcon, Lord Raptor, Black Bolt, Carnage...

    I've wanted Ultron since UMvC3. He is the premiere killer robot of Marvel.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 583
    Vhozite wrote: »
    Even though it's just his opinion, I can see where Magegg is coming from. When I fired up the demo my reaction to Arthur (who I've never seen) was something along the lines of "what the hell is this ugly trash".

    That said, the Raccoon fucker looks just as out of place to me as any weird second-stringer Capcom might pull out, even if he us in a movie. I prefer almost every fighter be a serious try-hard like MK. But that's me.

    Basically everyone has their own taste I guess.

    If you're talking purely about visuals, you just have bad taste because Arthur is the best (visually).
  • PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited June 22
    I get that Magegg is trying to say that Viewtiful Joe is supposed to be a full-sized adult human, and that his art style is the only thing that makes him a midget. Dante made a guest appearance in the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe and he got all stumpy just like Joe.

    JoeDante.jpg

    I guess it could be explained away by the fact that Dante is an outsider to Joe's world and any outsider becomes a midget just like them. But Joe has never existed as anything else and that's why he retains his midget proportions when he leaves his own world.

    That's the in-universe bullshit explanation. The IRL explanation is that Joe's midget appearance is iconic and that's why they leave him the way he is.

    With that said, go to hell Magegg. You're a fool for not wanting Devilotte in the game because she's an "anime cliche". Devilotte has more personality than the entire current Marvel roster of this game combined. You probably just want some stupid shonen fuckboy instead.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬



  • p1nkt1t5p1nkt1t5 Joined: Posts: 640
    edited June 22
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?
    SFV: Cammy, Yun
    SF4: Yun

    1HC to Super Makes SFV Satisfactory

    http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-TOpukQ

    When I Miss, Salt >:(

    http://makeagif.com/gif/1hc-to-super-miss-Y4J9bL
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 34,593
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    It's not in any Marvel game. Actually KOF is the game that has it most.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,455 mod
    edited June 22
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    Because it leads to a true "4-corner" (left-right-high-low) mixup. And also a possible air throw/crossup OS.

    And no, it's not in UMvC3. Infinite has it due to the new Directional Influence mechanic that Super Jump has.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    It's not in any Marvel game. Actually KOF is the game that has it most.

    Interestingly enough, the way to do it is similar to how we teach new KoF players to hop - hit jump then hit down immediately to stop the jump input. This time however, it's hitting super jump, then hitting down immediately, using the new Directional Influence mechanic to create the "short hop". Though it's not really a "hop" in as much as it's a faster normal jump whose trajectory you can control.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • JetKinenJetKinen Joined: Posts: 583
    edited June 22
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=hFs39lWvUaw
    d3v wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    Because it leads to a true "4-corner" (left-right-high-low) mixup. And also a possible air throw/crossup OS.

    And no, it's not in UMvC3.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    It's not in any Marvel game. Actually KOF is the game that has it most.

    Interestingly enough, the way to do it is similar to how we teach new KoF players to hop - hit jump then hit down immediately to stop the jump input. This time however, it's hitting super jump, then hitting down immediately, using the new Directional Influence mechanic to create the "short hop". Though it's not really a "hop" in as much as it's a faster normal jump whose trajectory you can control.

    i.e Kof's hyper hop
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,455 mod
    JetKinen wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=hFs39lWvUaw
    d3v wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    Because it leads to a true "4-corner" (left-right-high-low) mixup. And also a possible air throw/crossup OS.

    And no, it's not in UMvC3.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    It's not in any Marvel game. Actually KOF is the game that has it most.

    Interestingly enough, the way to do it is similar to how we teach new KoF players to hop - hit jump then hit down immediately to stop the jump input. This time however, it's hitting super jump, then hitting down immediately, using the new Directional Influence mechanic to create the "short hop". Though it's not really a "hop" in as much as it's a faster normal jump whose trajectory you can control.
    d3v wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    Because it leads to a true "4-corner" (left-right-high-low) mixup. And also a possible air throw/crossup OS.

    And no, it's not in UMvC3.
    Saitsu wrote: »
    p1nkt1t5 wrote: »
    d3v wrote: »

    Captain Marvel has an 8 way air dash, so she can tri-jump, etc.

    That said, y'all really need to be practicing the new SJDI (Super Jump Directional Influence) "short hop".

    Why do you think this will be a need toknow/execute movement skill? And is this in umvc3?

    It's not in any Marvel game. Actually KOF is the game that has it most.

    Interestingly enough, the way to do it is similar to how we teach new KoF players to hop - hit jump then hit down immediately to stop the jump input. This time however, it's hitting super jump, then hitting down immediately, using the new Directional Influence mechanic to create the "short hop". Though it's not really a "hop" in as much as it's a faster normal jump whose trajectory you can control.

    i.e Kof's hyper hop

    Yeah, some are saying we should just call it "hyper hop" instead.

    Also, holy double quote.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

    If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
Sign In or Register to comment.