MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,830
    If both companies are willing to play for the long term game, do you think a more "episodic" content cycle ala KI or SFV would be a good/better idea? This is one series where character loyalty is pretty big, and we get both a continued look from the developers (so we don't wind with Marvel 3.5) and a nigh-unstoppable hype train that keeps people invested in the game.

I don't want Marvel 4 to use this model. Since this would be a licensed project we will all be screwed once the license expires. Think about what happened to the Shuma and Jill DLC for MvC3.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,082
    i would be surprised this time around if skullomania and a couple of rival schools characters didn't get put in...
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,266
    debs wrote: »
    i would be surprised this time around if skullomania and a couple of rival schools characters didn't get put in...

Skullomania isn't owned by Capcom, but there might be Rival Schools characters in it indeed.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • MageggMagegg Joined: Posts: 3,999
    I kind of would have loved the Street Fighter characters to have a TV show in the guise of/appear on Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes. I don't know, I just picture Ryu with that artstyle...
  • alejandroshalejandrosh Joined: Posts: 446
    I'm pretty sure if Dante is in I'm going to main regardless of tier. He was easily the most fun character I've ever played in a fighter in a long time. I remember seeing his moves list in the strategy guide for the first time and was like "this dude got enough special moves for 6 characters". Half his shit being bold cancelable opened up so many options for pressure with assists also. Devil Trigger giving him even MORE special moves was hilarious. Best character.

And the dude had a fucking guitar that shoots electric bats.

Now watch them ditch dmc3 Dante and put ninja theory's Dante
    UMVC3 : magneto (too fair)/footdive (top 3)/dante (c tier)
    youtube channel
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,945 mod
    If both companies are willing to play for the long term game, do you think a more "episodic" content cycle ala KI or SFV would be a good/better idea? This is one series where character loyalty is pretty big, and we get both a continued look from the developers (so we don't wind with Marvel 3.5) and a nigh-unstoppable hype train that keeps people invested in the game.

I don't want Marvel 4 to use this model. Since this would be a licensed project we will all be screwed once the license expires. Think about what happened to the Shuma and Jill DLC for MvC3.

I don't think that's a good enough reason. 2 DLC characters left out or 32 DLC characters left out is all a similar tragedy. Just lucked out that Shuma was assist tier and Jill was just an alright grounded rush character in a game full of them.

I think you're better off just making sure a large enough roster launches so that the amount of characters that would be left out after licensing expires is minimal. We're already going to have to get used to this on a smaller scale in SFV with cosmetic DLC content that expires months after it goes up on sale.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• CriminalUpperCriminalUpper =D Joined: Posts: 3,048
    I'm pretty sure if Dante is in I'm going to main regardless of tier. He was easily the most fun character I've ever played in a fighter in a long time. I remember seeing his moves list in the strategy guide for the first time and was like "this dude got enough special moves for 6 characters". Half his shit being bold cancelable opened up so many options for pressure with assists also. Devil Trigger giving him even MORE special moves was hilarious. Best character.

Dante is still my pick for most fun FG character I've ever played. Not even an exaggeration. They set the bar so high I don't know if they'd be able to do it again. New Marvel will likely be simplified for all characters across the board.
    edited November 2016

And the dude had a fucking guitar that shoots electric bats.

Now watch them ditch dmc3 Dante and put ninja theory's Dante

What's even more amazing was that they were able to give him like 23 plus special moves in a game like Marvel that has traditionally simplified commands for all of the characters (no qcfx2, no hcbx2, no charge supers) and only 4 attacking buttons.

Honestly I don't care what he looks like as long as he Dantes.

Dante is still my pick for most fun FG character I've ever played. Not even an exaggeration. They set the bar so high I don't know if they'd be able to do it again. New Marvel will likely be simplified for all characters across the board.

I remember back in 2011 Marvel 3 was the dumbest, easiest, most simple fighting game ever.

Now there are going to be people saying that Marvel 3 required skill, had technical, damaging combos and stronger hit boxes and stuff like that. It's going to be like watching an atom split into a smaller form of matter.

I just hope they haven't found a way to make the button scheme even simpler than it was in Marvel 3. I want at least 4 attacking buttons. Don't want no Fantasy Strike bullshit.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I don't think the 6 attack buttons will ever return, the game's no longer made for consoles and the face of a controller has 4 buttons, that's the most you can get.

And that's not really very good since the premise of X-Men COTA is that you could aim your attack at three different directions (front, diagonal upwards and diagonal downwards), that's kind of lost and I didn't like at all that stupid think of MvC2 of pressing two buttons at the same time to simulate a third one for certain special moves, but I don't think the "A,B,C" button layout from MvC3 is quite the solution either.

I actually didn't like the overabundance of special moves for everyone in Marvel vs Capcom 3, Dante has like 14 special moves or so, Ryu is also ridiculous, call me old-school but I'm a fan of simplicity in these games.
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 1,150
    You guys talking about rosters and stuff like that, don't set yourselves up for this. I'm all for discussing potential things but if you get too ingrained in this, it's going to be even worse. I've seen this happen with MvC3 before and it wasn't pretty.
    You guys talking about rosters and stuff like that, don't set yourselves up for this. I'm all for discussing potential things but if you get too ingrained in this, it's going to be even worse. I've seen this happen with MvC3 before and it wasn't pretty.

When it comes to roster I feel Marvel side of things are easier to predict than Capcom. With Marvel you just gonna look at who's going to be in movies, TV and who's getting the biggest push in their comics.

When it comes to roster I feel Marvel side of things are easier to predict than Capcom. With Marvel you just gonna look at who's going to be in movies, TV and who's getting the biggest push in their comics.

Characters like Modok, Nova, She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Johnny Blaze, Phoenix, Super Skrull or Shuma didn't get a push at all...
    edited November 2016

Marvel is a dirty game so might as well have dirty, unfulfilling speculation.

If this game is revealed at PSX we're already locking ourselves into 10 more years of hell in a video game.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on

• PerthoPertho The Runed One Joined: Posts: 22,404 mod

Marvel is a dirty game so might as well have dirty, unfulfilling speculation.

If this game is revealed at Evo we're already locking ourselves into 10 more years of hell in a video game.

MvC3 so ass it barely made it to half of that.
    Ronin Chaos on Pertho:

"Oh, Pertho. You complete me."
    jimmy1200 wrote: »
    pertho attacked me first, saying i get all my life tips from 106th and park.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Yum Yum Joined: Posts: 7,460
    Dante was easily my fav MVC3 character. His transition from DMC3 was perfect. He had moves that literally dealt with every situation possible. I made it a point to use all of his moves instead of just focusing on a few. I could say the only move I didn't really use was Crazy Dance since that shit was hard to pull off at times. So like DJ, I feel obligated to play Dante regardless of the incarnation they use.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy, Learning Menat Marvel: Captain Marvelous/Bucky DBFZ: Gohan/Freeza/Trunks
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
    edited November 2016
    All things considered, Marvel 2 wouldn't have had to last 10 years if Marvel 3 came out in 2003 or 4 like it was supposed to. It even had Thor, Zero and Dante as playable characters just like the real Marvel 3.

MVC3-2.jpg

Well at least Marvel 3 handing the torch to Marvel 4 should span 10 years.

• StoneDrumStoneDrum Joined: Posts: 1,096
    i really enjoy the aesthetics of mvc1. but i never fully understood the competitive appeal of the series. but a game where you can fight gambit vs. morrigan... :O venom vs. strider :OO

how can you say no to that?
    Magegg wrote: »

Characters like Modok, Nova, She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Johnny Blaze, Phoenix, Super Skrull or Shuma didn't get a push at all...

Modok was getting some shine in the comics at the time. He had his own mini-series with Modok 11. Same with Nova as he was the face of cosmic Marvel before he was replaced with Sam. Super Skrull got in as Capcom couldn't make the Fantastic Four work. Taskmaster got in as Marvel's request. He's a fan favorite so why not. Same goes for She-Hulk.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 627
    Time to make this marvel 8 buttons... kappa
    Currently Playing-
    KOFXIV: King of Dinosaurs/Daimon/Maxima
    I have no idea what god forsaken image that is but Marvel 3 has been struggling big time lately.

10 more years?
    I'd say more like "2 1/2 cool years followed by 3 struggle years.
    It's a shame mainly because I think KBR is dope and him shitting over everyone with his team was great, but Marvel is a chore to watch and has been for so long now. That's the thing that this topic resurfaced. As time goes on, Marvel 3 became boring. If(Huge emphasis on if) this game happens, I hope they change a ton of things that were in Marvel 3, intentionally planned or not.
  • Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 551
    Not posting character requests until there's confirmation it's coming (or at least in the works). I'm 55% certain it's coming though.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,801
    IF this rummor is true, then capcom should take the chance to overhaul the moveset of any returning character.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    edited November 2016
    Much better than Max's 5 percent. We're close to 2 days with no denouncement from Capcom or other public source. Signs are good.

Modok was getting some shine in the comics at the time. He had his own mini-series with Modok 11.
    That comic was from 2008 and the game was released in 2011. I don't think they were trying to promote the comic or anything, since it had finished like 2 years ago.
    Same with Nova as he was the face of cosmic Marvel before he was replaced with Sam.
    Yeah, like you say... he had been replaced by Sam in 2011... wouldn't it have made more sense to have Sam instead of Dick. Doesn't make sense.
    Taskmaster got in as Marvel's request. He's a fan favorite so why not. Same goes for She-Hulk.
    I wouldn't call them "fan favorites" definitely. Taskmaster is a Seth-like cheaply done character.

While She-Hulk you're right, I have reasons to think Marvel wants to do something with her in cinematic media. She was the only character in Marvel: Mighty Heroes with no announced cinematic adaptation:

maxresdefault.jpg

But who knows, it's been more than 5 years since Marvel vs Capcom 3 and She-Hulk hasn't been announced for anything.

I would say we can't take the Marvel roster as an indication for anything.
    Capcom doesn't have to go on record in order to diminish the validity of this "leak". That's a waste of time. When that very convincing Baiken fake came out, Arcsys said or did nothing. It could very well be true or Capcom isn't going to repeat themselves in saying that Marvel vs Capcom 4 just cannot happen at this time. It's not even me being a pessimist but looking at the situation as a whole.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,355 admin
    edited November 2016
    StoneDrum wrote: »
    i really enjoy the aesthetics of mvc1. but i never fully understood the competitive appeal of the series. but a game where you can fight gambit vs. morrigan... :O venom vs. strider :OO

how can you say no to that?
    This is a pretty good display of fairly high level MvC1:

(JWong vs Arturo)

There's probably much better stuff out there, but this should be a good start. The game is pretty broken in all sorts of ways, but it's pretty fun.

I hope that we get some good antiairs in MvC4 if it happens. There's a lot of game strategies in MvC2, and assists that optimize your game against that. MvC3 kinda missed out on that, and thus you get non-games like Morrigan, Superskrull, Zero, and etc. "Please enjoy watching the rest of the game: you don't need to press any more buttons because you are done now." :sad:

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

Capcom doesn't have to go on record in order to diminish the validity of this "leak". That's a waste of time. When that very convincing Baiken fake came out, Arcsys said or did nothing. It could very well be true or Capcom isn't going to repeat themselves in saying that Marvel vs Capcom 4 just cannot happen at this time. It's not even me being a pessimist but looking at the situation as a whole.

I knew the Baiken picture was fake because I just felt Baiken would look different from that picture depicted her as. Some of the characters are very visually different in Xrd and it seemed too cliche that she had the exact same outfit as she did in the older games. Characters like Millia and Potemkin are wearing completely new gear so when I saw her with the same garb it was big red flag.

It makes sense to be a pessimist because Marvel 3 also did launch in an unlikely scenario and nobody is ignorant to how much crap has to fall into place for Marvel vs Capcom to work to begin with. Overall signs are good because there hasn't been any immediate denial so it shows that Capcom is fine with keeping expectations up and can't lie about something they have in store.

When UMVC3 was getting rumored about, there was a lot of fake pictures of a logo for "Marvel vs Capcom 3 X" that were posted all over the net. Although those pictures are fake (and the pictures of 4 are pretty much confirmed fake), that could also mean that like UMVC3, people are drumming up hype with fake pictures in anticipation of something very real. We're gonna find out in a week.

• Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,403
    I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the dead or alive dlc model, they're bound to make three times as much as tecmo had hoped to squeeze out of it. but luckily the capcom crowd are a lot more vocal
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • Hero_PandaHero_Panda Joined: Posts: 551
    How much DLC customizations can you have for game like Marvel though? DOA5 is running with because their characters emphasis alot on aesthetics, whereas games like MvC capitalize more on the gameplay and flash.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    edited November 2016
    Preppy wrote: »
    There's probably much better stuff out there, but this should be a good start. The game is pretty broken in all sorts of ways, but it's pretty fun.
    Those guys are rusty and dropping combos.

Usually GGPO has good MvC1 players.

edit:

Also if MvC4 is getting released before CvS3...

@SNAAAAKE
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 8,403
    Hero_Panda wrote: »
    How much DLC customizations can you have for game like Marvel though? DOA5 is running with because their characters emphasis alot on aesthetics, whereas games like MvC capitalize more on the gameplay and flash.

marvel has a huge roster of playable and non playable characters to mess with. it would be cool to have that character trading system marvel vs capcom 2 had in the japanese release
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

Ray Kurzweil
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,359
    I will drop all other games, no questions asked, if Anakaris seriously makes it in
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • shmurdasceneshmurdascene Joined: Posts: 126
    edited November 2016
    Capcom just make sure you have one of the boxers. I need punching glove juggles.
    2f417b08343ca8810ee140ae8b90896c.jpg

I have zero interest in the games as a service model, have never bought DLC in my life so if its anything like Street Fighter V I'll pass.

If the game's not real I'll get over it, half the fun is discussing the potential roster
    Are you just going to buy the base game and not buy the DLC or just not even buy the game period simply because DLC?

• PSYCH0J0SHPSYCH0J0SH Joined: Posts: 5,469
    edited November 2016
    Magegg wrote: »
    I'm more interested in seeing how they change the mechanics from Marvel 3 than any character tbh. Really excited for a possible 2v2 that uses assists to fill out iconic teams. Maybe even give the assist characters selectable assists and their own Hypers for THC purposes.
    I would actually like to have 2v2 back instead of 3v3.

The developers have said the reason they don't add many Darkstalkers characters is because they transform a lot and that consumes too much RAM; 4 characters on screen instead of 6 would make it more manageable.

That excuse doesn't carry any weight anymore as they're now developing for a significantly more powerful system.

(Also this issue would be resolved if they went back to using sprites...)
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GigaMaidens on twitter - on deviantArt - on Discord

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Are there any games in general that show shapeshifting can be done to the level that is necessary for Darkstalkers characters?

Are you just going to buy the base game and not buy the DLC or just not even buy the game period simply because DLC?

It depends how DLC based it is. If they release the game super early like SFV with a lot of DLC over a long period of time, I won't buy the game at all. If there's only a few DLC characters I just won't get those characters. I don't play competitively so I didn't mind missing out on Jill and Shuma-Gorath. I don't even have a current generation console yet. DOA6 and MvC4 will determine if I get one of the new consoles or just sit this generation out completely.
    edited November 2016
    Is DOA6 in the works?

Depends on what you think is a lot. MVC3 came out with 38 characters, but then UMVC3 was a forced 40 bucks for 10 more characters.

I imagine since it's Marvel you're probably going to get a sizeable roster at launch. SFV is just a weird outlier service game where the developers tried to use the concept but make people pay 60 bucks for it. They just got the concept of it very wrong and should have sold it on a discount or add a true free to play option like every other service game out there. Most other early development, service ecosystem type games know they aren't giving you 60 dollars worth of content at launch and are very experimental so they make you pay less due to that. I think Capcom was just scared of the idea of releasing something under 60 dollars that might not have been on a disc. Which would make it look like a budget game to shareholders. New games of prominent IPs don't sell for less than 60 so they left themselves no middle grounded and tried to sell it that way.

If MVC4 is going to be a rushed, small roster game then hopefully they get their senses together and release it at a price that's reasonable or allow a true free to play option. If they have to make it a download only game with reduced price options in order to do that, then so be it.

edited November 2016
    Is DOA6 in the works?

Depends on what you think is a lot. MVC3 came out with 38 characters, but then UMVC3 was a forced 40 bucks for 10 more characters.

I imagine since it's Marvel you're probably going to get a sizeable roster at launch. SFV is just a weird outlier service game where the developers tried to use the concept but make people pay 60 bucks for it. They just got the concept of it very wrong and should have sold it on a discount or add a true free to play option like every other service game out there.

DOA6 hasn't been announced and probably won't be for awhile because everyone's still buying costume DLC for DOA5. I hope their atleast working on it though since DOA5 is four years old and DOA has never been more popular.

a 3 on 3 game has to have at least 30 characters at launch I would think so even if they do a service model it won't be as bad. Even if Capcom sold SFV at a discount price they probably wouldn't have sold enough copies to make as much money as they made selling it for full price. The FGC was going to buy it full price either way and the more casual players still wouldn't have much interest without Arcade Mode and VS CPU.

Speaking of which I hope MvC4 has VS CPU.
This discussion has been closed.