MVC Infinite Lounge: DLC Characters and Costumes launch Dec 5th

1537538540542543642

Comments

  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,171
    Reticently wrote: »
    ribu wrote: »
    What is the basic,generic confirm for Rocket Raccoon?

    <whatever> xx c.hk xx lightning mine

    Though ideally you want to watch for whether the c.hk hits because it is better on block to cancel to fire mine for lock down.

    Pretty sure fire mine is punishable on block. I remember jibbo testing it

    It might be, when I've had the presence of mind to use it on block I'm usually tagging too. Guess if tag isn't an option cancelling recovery into HC mine will force most people to respect your space.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    Yeah best idea is to mine + tag. You shouldn't be that predictable on fire mine honestly, gotta mix it up, lots of the time people answer to the quicker electric trap and I'll blaster them in the face + tag to my vortex.
  • PLEXIKLASPLEXIKLAS Joined: Posts: 286
    soo I booted Chris of my team, and took in Thor! being from Scandinavia It was the natural choice :)

    Thor is super fun, but I dont see many Thor players online, dont tell me he suck aswell lol

  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    Thor has proper bully play I like him. I might start playing Thor with BP for my God/King team, thinking Rekkas tagged into Thors crazy arse will be dope. That and
    I like the idea of plowing through lots of shit.
  • ES_CurseES_Curse Get ready for emanci-PAIN SON Joined: Posts: 8,345
    Thor is best with Power or Space stones.
    formerly just5moreminutes. I guess the clock ran out.
  • PLEXIKLASPLEXIKLAS Joined: Posts: 286
    yhea I now play Nova/Thor with power stone, I realy like the change in tempo betwen the two characters, and Thor feels alot more mobile the more you play with him plus he hit you very hard! add the power stone and I think the team is legit!
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    Yeah played a Thor that kept tagging my approaches after his strikes with Power Stone. I had to respect it LOL
    So yeah, Dorm/Strange is too fun if someone lets me play and flame carpet lets me play. I didn't realize until now
    that it doesn't disappear. Yeah Rose Garden is damn good but I have to disagree, Dorm is dope period. I played him
    in 3 with DOK but maaaaaaan, now? Shiiiiiiiie. He's dat boi.

    Strange is still pretty damn Strange to play though. He's got boxes, and literal auto mixups for days, just have to be careful
    unless tags available.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    edited October 12
    Nooooo! My tech! But yeah, rocket skates has some use lol! Didn't know I could drop into Groot and not get caught. So I'm learning something.
  • DriftingsortDriftingsort Tight Lines Joined: Posts: 288
    edited October 12
    NVM already posted above my bad hah
    Devour!
  • GhostTearGhostTear Vanessa for MVCI! Joined: Posts: 2,750
    this tech just made the sonicfox vs fchamp match up a free body for him

    any who. nice vids coming out for soul as of late. though sparingly it may be.
    THE SOUL STILL FUCKING BURRRRRRNNNSSSSSS!!!!
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,256
    edited October 12
    So I'm trying to shake off my fear of playing this game online by training with a friend. Any tips on learning to confirm in Marvel? I can get a random hit but then I always end up dropping the combo, which often results in a punish.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,877 mod
    edited October 12
    So I'm trying to shake off my fear of playing this game online by training with a friend. Any tips on learning to confirm in Marvel? I can get a random hit but then I always end up dropping the combo, which often results in a punish.

    Just sounds like lack of experience with Marvel/anime type games. If you have that problem with Marvel you're probably going to have that problem in every game like that. The hectic pace of Marvel makes it so you really have to have no fear about things as dropping something means you're likely going to get hit pretty soon and put in set play if they don't drop their shit.

    I don't really know if there's any general advice to give to you since confirms are different per character. I mean you could just substitute Captain Marvel for Nemesis for a while as even the most basic/novice player online can just mash in their combo and tag if it is blocked. If they hit you confirm into the longest ground bounce/HKD ever. It's only the flight/execution characters that really require you to confirm and confirms can be made easier by tagging into another character to extend the length of the confirm or keep a dropped confirm safer (at least ground based confirms). Other than air to airs as long as you have 2 characters you really don't have to confirm anything the majority of the time. It's definitely the opposite of SFV where outside of a few characters you're taking a punish if you don't one hit confirm or have a medium medium/light bnb.


    Only other thing I would suggest is also playing other anime games that are a bit less fast paced just to help get you in the idea of confirming. Overall generally it's just something you need to practice. More so a mental state you have to get over.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    edited October 12
    So I'm trying to shake off my fear of playing this game online by training with a friend. Any tips on learning to confirm in Marvel? I can get a random hit but then I always end up dropping the combo, which often results in a punish.

    Noob solution, if you find yourself dropping? Neutral active switch. It works surprisingly more than it should, for now. Thusly, noob solution.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,877 mod
    edited October 12
    Also pick reality stone and press surge.


    I accidentally picked reality stone last night vs a guy who beat me the set before (because it's always the default stone because I dunno). Ended up pressing surge a lot and literally mashed on the buttons during the storm and got cool shit and won. Felt good, reality isn't too bad.

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,467
    PLEXIKLAS wrote: »
    soo I booted Chris of my team, and took in Thor! being from Scandinavia It was the natural choice :)

    Thor is super fun, but I dont see many Thor players online, dont tell me he suck aswell lol

    Thor is in the "I really don't care about reality stone" club with the armoured charged air dash things.

    So at the very least, he always has that.
  • OceanMachineOceanMachine ROCKET LAUNCHER GOD Joined: Posts: 10,256
    edited October 12
    I already played anime games and I think getting combos in Marvel is easier than in Xrd or BB because the hitstun lasts way longer. I just forget midway through how to go into launcher and juggles.
    Also Cap Marvel has the same armor Nemesis has and way easier ways to get in, so switching won't change much. I don't have issues confirming from a raw Blitz Blow, but if the other does unsafe stuff and I catch them with a button I end up dropping the chain.
    I believe my true issue is playing the neutral. Since I don't control my space or what I want to do very well I end up messing my combos too. Maybe I should rather focus on developing a gameplan first instead.

    P.S. if any noob on PC wants to play some sets feel free to tell me. I'm EU but I should be able to play with East Coast with no problem.
    [SFV] Laura (Sakura, Cody?) [3S] Alex, Ken
    [Xrd] Leo [BBCF] Bullet
    [UNIEL] Orie [T7] Claudio
    [MvCI] Thanos and something else
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    If you're problem is what to do after a mess up and getting combo'd after, active switch and reality stone WILL help you. I heavy all day so not worried about armored people really.
  • wakalakawakalaka Joined: Posts: 170
    @DevilJin 01 Do you play on PS4? Last night I beat someone in a set then got rocked in the 2nd + 3rd set because of reality stone.
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,665
    I'm actually gonna switch from reality to time stone next time I play. Good thing about it, is that I'll lose all my rank to help level up my Hunter in the beginner ranks :trollface:
  • Zane HitsurugiZane Hitsurugi X-buster, ready. Joined: Posts: 1,167
    I'm actually gonna switch from reality to time stone next time I play. Good thing about it, is that I'll lose all my rank to help level up my Hunter in the beginner ranks :trollface:
    Finna play some matches?
    PSN: hawkw1ng
    BBCF: Susano'o, Bang, Kokonoe UNIBEXLTEST: Enkidu/Yuzuriha MVC:I- Megaman X/Zero
  • flighflighflugitflighflighflugit Joined: Posts: 1,665
    Can't right now. I'll see if I have some time when my son takes a nap.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 3,184
    PLEXIKLAS wrote: »
    soo I booted Chris of my team, and took in Thor! being from Scandinavia It was the natural choice :)

    Thor is super fun, but I dont see many Thor players online, dont tell me he suck aswell lol

    Thor is in the "I really don't care about reality stone" club with the armoured charged air dash things.

    So at the very least, he always has that.

    His f+HP deflects projectiles including Reality stone.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

    YouTube.com/Kalyx
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,877 mod
    wakalaka wrote: »
    @DevilJin 01 Do you play on PS4? Last night I beat someone in a set then got rocked in the 2nd + 3rd set because of reality stone.

    Yeah PS4. Probably wasn't me though because I only played reality for one match and then left because I just didn't wanna use the stone anymore. Plus I'm probably one of the only people that runs Team Darkstslkers with time so probably would have been easy to remember. Gonna start practicing Morrigan May Cry next week

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • VersatileBJN007VersatileBJN007 Joined: Posts: 1,197
    Watching the Capcom Unity stream told me too things

    1) I'm not as worried about Black Panther being complete trash tier as I was before. He is EXTREMELY fast and EXTREMELY mobile. I can't imagine him not being at least decent

    2) Sigma may have surpassed Coon for my leading candidates to pair with BP. I absolutely love his move set.
    PSN: BV_ZeroCool
    Fighter ID: RNS_ZeroCool

    President: Akuma
    Vice President: Chun Li
    Secretary of State: Unsure
    Campaign Manager: Whichever new character I like most
  • mega_bustermega_buster Joined: Posts: 1,167
    I meeeeaaannnn only things I agree with chris g on is fighting dante/dorm/ultron alday with reality stone is zzz anyways MH seems fun I kinda wanna main her lol idk what team..
    SF5 Mains:Karin/Chun
    GGXrd Mains:May
  • Paradise1955Paradise1955 Joined: Posts: 663
    edited October 13
    Tbh I agree with him on pushblocking, there no reason you shouldn’t be able to push block jedah rocket etc. I’m not trying to shit on sonic fox but part of the reason he’s so dominant is due to the fact that he bypasses a lot of the built in defenses the game provides. Idk maybe that’s where the push block stuff comes in handy. Also people will begin to adapt, you saw it with champ in there second set when he began to make that comeback.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,058
    With the exception of invincible moves and chicken block, and tag I agree with everything else he said there.


    There is literally no reason why you shouldn't be able to pushblock RR's traps or jedah pinwheel.

    I'd go on to say that there should also be no hardknockdowns.

    But other than that, yeah, he's right.

    Fox is dominant because he's abusing something pretty damn glitched out.

    But it's sonicfox, dude is just good and if it wasn't this thing he's abusing it would be something else... he always finds abusive shit if there's something to be abused and marvel is probably one of the most abusive game series there has ever been.
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 4,889
    Bad game will provide. Funny to see combos only do 6k followed by OMG TOD!
  • Evil CanadianEvil Canadian T.Hawk is a good guy Joined: Posts: 9,467
    People should call Monster Hunter "monhun" instead of "mh" because monhun is more fun
  • King of penguinsKing of penguins Joined: Posts: 406
    Bad game will provide. Funny to see combos only do 6k followed by OMG TOD!
    6k meterless into super for the 7.2k HSD glitch maybe ? (wich make stuff into ToD kinda like umvc3 tac glitch)
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,508
    I already played anime games and I think getting combos in Marvel is easier than in Xrd or BB because the hitstun lasts way longer. I just forget midway through how to go into launcher and juggles.

    don't practice your combos only from "standing still" or whatever.

    air dash around, plink dash around, do weird starters etc.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • CSword123CSword123 oh god OHGOD! why did I think this was a good idea? please... just- I'M SORRY!! Joined: Posts: 1,214
    Combo potential sucks if you are doing the same solo bnb. Tagging anywhere during a combo is where the "sick and creative" meme comes from.
    Xmen vs. Street Fighter didn't have assists. A vs. game doesn't need assists to be good. Chicken blocking is still in the game, just harder to do because of vulnerable prejump frames.

    I agree with Gamora projectiles, rushdown with no thinking and rosebed.
    KI: Jago
    GG: Chipp/Ky
    UMVC3: Team "Rider May Die" - Ghost Rider/Vergil/Dante
    Best KI community on the webs: www.killerinstinctonline.net
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 57,877 mod
    Reality stone is boring

    Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH


  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,058
    That's the longest scrubquote I seen in a while.

    Combo potential is limited (Every flight character does the same exact combo)

    That's not an indictment of 'combo potential', it's an aesthetic criticism. He wasn't switching up his MvC3 team to 'shake things up' either.

    2v2 VS game with "no assists"

    The point is you are your own assist. Also SFxT, TTT2, every DOA since the first....

    Glitches. Pretty much TOD now cause of the hitstun glitch

    This is my general response to people who mention glitches, a technical issue, as review of how a game was intended to work. For instance, people bring up CoD's lag (though personally I've not experienced lag the way people claim) - but even with no lag at all, I find CoD just mechanically goofy. In the age of post-release patches it's a waste of text talking about things that will obviously be removed when there's real issue with the game's design we could look at.

    Lvl 1 invincible Yolo supers on characters that don't need it

    This may be a valid case.

    Yolo moves in general into tag

    Like hidden rockets?

    Tag system in general

    I was just saying in the Fantasy Strike thread that complaining about a game's core feature. Overhauling such features is pretty much off the table from a design perspective. It's the kind of criticism that says the game may not be for the person arguing this.

    PROXIMITY BLOCK MAKING MOVEMENT HORRIBLE

    Good, from a certain point of view.

    Reality stone is just too boring

    Soul fist, soul fist, soul fist, soul fist, etc.

    Web Ball ( っ'-')╮=͟͟͞ ⚪️ , Reality Stone ( っ'-')╮

    See glitch response above.

    You can get up to 3 infinity storms a round? 3?

    Well... yeah? Is this a 'problem thing'?

    Projectile inconsistency. Multihitting projectiles u can't pushblock

    Potentially a good case.

    NORMALS THAT YOU CAN'T REALLY PUSHBLOCK

    Valid.

    Rushdown with no thinking

    I'm gonna throw him a bone and assume what he means is the very tricky blockstrings you can do. But if he's just talking rushdown in general than no, he don't get that one.

    Certain projectiles can be reflected but others can't

    Agreed, we need some kind of intuitive priority system rather than arbitrary exceptions to this.

    Reflecting projectiles but there's no chip in the game anyway

    Reflecting projectiles is its own, very obvious reward.

    Rosebed

    Nerf the length of time it lasts, or full screen coverage. That's what I see happening. It will not be outright removed. Otherwise, I agree.

    Gamora and RR projectiles going through everything in the game

    Agreed. They shouldn't get for free what Chris has to literally reload for.

    Beam supers (especially in air) doing hard knockdowns?

    Half and half on this, tbh.

    No chicken block to escape Yolo pressure

    I recall the MvC community tends to say 'don't get touched' to things like this. Also 'yolo' better not become a thing in the FGC. "Setplay" and "Vortex" made me groan enough. Gonna skip to the end.

    And to top it off. MINDLESS SET-PLAY

    If you were to tell me Chris G would say this about any fighting game five years ago I'd say that must be a nice game.

    Sorry but, if you considers Chris' post a scrub quote then how is this where you agree a bit less than half the time... not also a scrub Quote?

    I'm not calling you a scrub, but at best your post goes along the lines of "well this is my opinion"

    Everyone has one. I'm just not understanding why we all believe that some opinions are more valid than others who have reached a higher level of success.

    I just find it weird.

    And the tag system, while I disagree about what Chris said about it, I don't think it means the game isn't for him.

    There are lots of things capcom could do to reign in the tag system, without taking it out.

    I'm not saying this should happen, just saying it obviously could. The tag system as it is is INCREDIBLY loose. It's looser than the assist system where you couldn't call assists in the middle or beginning of specials.


    Even skullgirls which allows you to call assists and specials with the same input, doesn't allow you to do a special then in the middle of it call an assist.

    I love the tag system as it is, but it's definitely in a Wild Wild West form ATM with basically no restrictions that even assists had.

    Assist restrictions that don't apply to tags:

    Can't be called during a super
    Can't be called during a special
    Can't be called during a superjump
    Have a cool down after a use
    Can only have 3 different moves on your team as assists

    And to a lesser extent, happy birthdays are easier to damage an assist and kill them.


    None of this means tags are broken or need to be changed. But Chris has a point when he says the system is to loose when compared to older systems.

    I like it tbh, but I also think that it allows for really dumb stuff like the sonicfox lockdown>no pushblock abuse inherent in his team.

    Were I personally to change 1 thing about the game I'd make every character have a level 1 invincible reversal super. Whether you could tag out or not would depend on playtesting and balance considerations... but more invincible moves allows for a bit less derp and if more characters have them for the price of a meter then more characters become viable in the end game.
    Gettin' my derp on.
This discussion has been closed.